What would the Flames get for Kipper from:
A) Tampa Bay
B) Chicago

curty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:14 PM
Rangediddy

vCash: 567
I've always pictured Kipper going to Tampa. They could have easily made playoffs this year if they didn't have the worst goalie in the league playing half their games (Rolli the Goalie).

Kipper could steal them some games and has 3 maybe 4 years left in the tank.

The high end would be Tampa's 2012 10th overall pick which I'd be ok with, although it would be nice to get some proven players that can play next year.

Rangediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 02:37 PM
tfong

vCash: 500
I think we can get Brett Connolly plus a pick from them for Kipper.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:31 AM
LetsGoFlames
McDavid-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
I think we can get Brett Connolly plus a pick from them for Kipper.
I'd jump all over Connolly for Kipper straight up. I don't think Tampa touches this idea though. I think we'd have to add, not them. If I'm wrong then I really hope we pull the trigger. Connolly would be an amazing return.

What about.....Kipper, 1-14, and Nemisz for Connolly and 1-10?

I expect a lot of people will say we're giving up too much, as we do tend to add value to our favorite players. But I think this is fairly realistic?

LetsGoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:45 AM
Flames rebuilder

Way too much! Kipper will only be moved if the Flame's get offered the return they want. The 10th overall would be nice but I can't see it. Still think the Hawk's are the best fit/return

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 12:04 PM
LetsGoFlames
McDavid-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
Way too much! Kipper will only be moved if the Flame's get offered the return they want. The 10th overall would be nice but I can't see it. Still think the Hawk's are the best fit/return
Fair enough. I think Washington is the best fit for a deal but I like that a few teams should be interested in him, if we move him. There isn't much on the market for legitimate #1 goalies right now so the timing is favorable. If any sort of bidding war could be fostered along here then it's time to move him. (And take the high pick we'll get next year too. We'd be well inside the top 10 this year without him). I for one, am tired of being in it right up until the end then falling just short. Again. And sadly, that goes for Iggy too.

LetsGoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 12:42 PM
MVW

vCash: 50
Connolly is interesting, but Tampa moving Ashton this past deadline may mean he will be that much harder to pry. However, I think Kipper is worth at least Connolly IMO. The emergence of Purcell on the top line may make him expendable.

Depending on the Hawks playoffs this year, if they lose in the 1st or 2nd second round I expect them to go very hard after either Miller or Kipper. Kipper is a phenomonal all world goaltender, but I would move him for the right deal. Every year teams find stop gaps in FA or trades. If we could pull a great young player, I'd pull the trigger. I think Irving will be ready in 2 seasons for a full time starting role.

MVW is online now   Reply With Quote