HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 9.0

View Poll Results: Which of these three forwards do you want the Habs to select if available??
Filip Forsberg 54 17.70%
Alex Galchenyuk 138 45.25%
Mikhail Grigorenko 113 37.05%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2012, 02:15 PM
rockjngo

vCash: 500
Forsberg might slip but this is a strange draft with lack of offensive forward, you could see Forsberg slide into top 5.

Old
04-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Here is Hockey Lobby new mock draft: Lottery Edition
Comments and opinions are welcomed. Enjoy.

http://hockeylobby.blogspot.ca/2012/...tion.html#more

Prospect boards thread:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1165261

Old
04-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Forsberg might slip but this is a strange draft with lack of offensive forward, you could see Forsberg slide into top 5.
There's usually at least 3 (sometimes several) First Line Forwards in every draft (even in a bad draft crop). There's a chance the Habs might even draft the second Forward in this year's draft... Some years, the ultra-hyped number 1 Forward doesn't even end up being the best at the NHL level... The problem is zeroing on the right guy.

Old
04-14-2012, 03:00 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Here is Hockey Lobby new mock draft: Lottery Edition
Comments and opinions are welcomed. Enjoy.

http://hockeylobby.blogspot.ca/2012/...tion.html#more

Prospect boards thread:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1165261
No way does Grigorenko slip up all the way to the Leafs that would be a disaster. That mock draft is based mostly on team needs it seems and that's not really how I see it being played out. Forsberg won't go #2 either, Columbus will take a defenseman I bet, either Murray or Dumba.

And it seems like they are using some wacky weight/heights too.. Dumba 6'0? Galchenyuk 6'1? Grigorenko 6'2? Forsberg 6'0?

Old
04-14-2012, 03:03 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
No way does Grigorenko slip up all the way to the Leafs that would be a disaster. That mock draft is based mostly on team needs it seems and that's not really how I see it being played out. Forsberg won't go #2 either, Columbus will take a defenseman I bet, either Murray or Dumba.
If the leafs don't trade up, I'd say theres a great chance Grigo slips to them. Yakupov will go 1 and don't see CBJ,NYI or the habs taking grigo.

Old
04-14-2012, 03:04 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
You're right..it's more based on teams needs. But I won't be surprised if Columbus drafts Forsberg at number 2 overall. Why would Columbus draft a defenseman when their GM openly said that he tried to trade Rick Nash at the deadline? Losing a guy like Nash has to be replaced.

Old
04-14-2012, 03:07 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
If the leafs don't trade up, I'd say theres a great chance Grigo slips to them. Yakupov will go 1 and don't see CBJ,NYI or the habs taking grigo.
That's added pressure for Timmins. Because if Forsberg-Grigs-Gally ends up to be the star and we let him go, he could be picked up by the Leafs... We'll all get to see that player 6-8 times a year. Joy!

Old
04-14-2012, 03:10 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
You're right..it's more based on teams needs. But I won't be surprised if Columbus drafts Forsberg at number 2 overall. Why would Columbus draft a defenseman when their GM openly said that he tried to trade Rick Nash at the deadline? Losing a guy like Nash has to be replaced.
They could replace him with a defenseman too, they need everything. Where has a superstar forward brought them to?

But you're right, if they draft a forward, I see them taking Forsberg too to steer clear of the other 3. I just see them going BPA and that might just be Dumba, because I value him higher than I do Forsberg.

Old
04-14-2012, 03:11 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
That's added pressure for Timmins. Because if Forsberg-Grigs-Gally ends up to be the star and we let him go, he could be picked up by the Leafs... We'll all get to see that player 6-8 times a year. Joy!
Personally, I would love the idea of watching Galchenyuk as a Habs playin against Grigorenko as a Leaf..It would bring back the rivalry that's for sure.

Closed Thread