HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 10.0

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 10.0

Continue here.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
04-14-2012, 03:14 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

vCash: 500
I've come to the conclusion that whoever we draft should start the season in the Juniors.

Old
04-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Erik Estrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Personally, I would love the idea of watching Galchenyuk as a Habs playin against Grigorenko as a Leaf..It would bring back the rivalry that's for sure.
As long as in that hypothesis, Galchenyuk's the better player. We all know it's going to be shoved in our face for the next ten years if our guy's not as good as their guy.

Old
04-14-2012, 03:17 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

@Poetryinmotion:

It's not about Columbus having a superstar..but having a good young player to add to their core and could be considered their franchise player. Nash has brought them nowehre because he has done everything he could but it wasn't enough. Look at their defense..it's much more promising than their offense: Jack Johnson, David Savard, James Wisniewski and John Moore.

Old
04-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Erik Estrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
@Poetryinmotion:

It's not about Columbus having a superstar..but having a good young player to add to their core and could be considered their franchise player. Nash has brought them nowehre because he has done everything he could but it wasn't enough. Look at their defense..it's much more promising than their offense: Jack Johnson, David Savard, James Wisniewski and John Moore.
My prediction

Edm-Yakupov
Columbus- Like usual, the guy that's gonna end up busting.
Montreal- Forward
Isles-D
Toronto-Center

Old
04-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
My prediction

Edm-Yakupov
Columbus- Like usual, the guy that's gonna end up busting.
Montreal- Forward
Isles-D
Toronto-Center
Yup..pretty much what I've put in my mock draft..except that I'm not hoping for the Columbus prospect to bust

Old
04-14-2012, 03:32 PM
S Bah

Edmonton takes Yakupov,Columbus takes Galchenyuk,Montreal takes Forsberg,Dumba or Grigorenko.NYI takes Murray,Toronto takes leftover forward.Montreal takes 1st overall in 2013 MacKinnon and its off to the Stanley Cup playoffs in 2013-2014 again.

Old
04-14-2012, 03:46 PM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
I've come to the conclusion that whoever we draft should start the season in the Juniors.
No way, I want a guy who has the ability and the confidence to jump right into the game at the NHL level and is able to make an impact. If Montreal is smart, they'll do the same. Drafting a player who needs that much development is too risky. Save those picks for the later rounds.

Old
04-14-2012, 03:48 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 552
10 threads

Old
04-14-2012, 03:49 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
10 threads
2 months to go

Old
04-14-2012, 03:50 PM
nuck
Axis of Evil

Huberdeau or Grigorenko?

Forgive me if this has already been brought up but I am a huge Huberdeau fan. Would you like to see a deal to bring him to the Habs, or are you confidant this years #3 prospect would be better? I am a bit worried about his physical durability but not as much as I am about Grigorenko's compete level. Do you see Grigorenko Malkin junior or Couturier lite? I still think he is a pretty safe pick but it would be a novelty to have the Habs best player from Quebec.

Old
04-14-2012, 03:57 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuck View Post
Forgive me if this has already been brought up but I am a huge Huberdeau fan. Would you like to see a deal to bring him to the Habs, or are you confidant this years #3 prospect would be better? I am a bit worried about his physical durability but not as much as I am about Grigorenko's compete level. Do you see Grigorenko Malkin junior or Couturier lite? I still think he is a pretty safe pick but it would be a novelty to have the Habs best player from Quebec.
I'd prefer Huberdeau over Grigo for sure. However, I think most (but not all) Habs fans want Galchenyuk over Grigo.

Old
04-14-2012, 04:02 PM
bib
#believe

yeah yeah yeah

Old
04-14-2012, 04:36 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by bib View Post
No way, I want a guy who has the ability and the confidence to jump right into the game at the NHL level and is able to make an impact. If Montreal is smart, they'll do the same. Drafting a player who needs that much development is too risky. Save those picks for the later rounds.
Odds are most prospects outside of Yakupov will not be in the NHL next year. It has nothing to do with risky picks, it's just where they are in their development.

Old
04-14-2012, 04:56 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
Odds are most prospects outside of Yakupov will not be in the NHL next year. It has nothing to do with risky picks, it's just where they are in their development.
thats not a bad thing too

We don't really need to play them in the NHL next year. Let them work themselves out and get better in the CHL where they can grow

Old
04-14-2012, 05:00 PM
rockjngo

Mark my words the top 3 players gonna be drafted are Yakupov, Grigorenko, Galchenyuk.

Old
04-14-2012, 05:06 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Mark my words the top 3 players gonna be drafted are Yakupov, Grigorenko, Galchenyuk.
I can only wish. Best 3 forwards off the table, with us getting one of them, and that means Toronto is getting a defenseman if not for Forsberg.

2/3 best forwards in the draft go out west, one to us.

Old
04-14-2012, 05:09 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bib View Post
Habs are not winning anything next year, so it's better to have these prospects develop properly.

Old
04-14-2012, 05:10 PM
rockjngo

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
I can only wish. Best 3 forwards off the table, with us getting one of them, and that means Toronto is getting a defenseman if not for Forsberg.
This draft lacks elite talented forwards, I think Yakupov, Grigorenko, Galchenyuk will go top 5, I don't think Murray will be there at #5. So this is what I think will happen..

1. Yakupov
2. Galchenyuk/Grigorenko/Murray
3. Galchenyuk/Grigorenko/Murray
4. Galchenyuk/Grigorenko/Murray
5. Forsberg/Dumba/Reilly

Old
04-14-2012, 05:58 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

As much as I'd like a forward, what if Timmins clearly thinks that the BPA is a dmen (Dumba or Murray). Should we go for it? I'm kinda not sold on either Yakupov, Galchenyuk, Grigorenko and Forsberg (heck, at this point I like Collberg more than him). I'm sure at least one of them will turn into a star but I'm just ... not totally sold. What a poor year draft-wise to tank.

Old
04-14-2012, 06:05 PM
rockjngo

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
As much as I'd like a forward, what if Timmins clearly thinks that the BPA is a dmen (Dumba or Murray). Should we go for it? I'm kinda not sold on either Yakupov, Galchenyuk, Grigorenko and Forsberg (heck, at this point I like Collberg more than him). I'm sure at least one of them will turn into a star but I'm just ... not totally sold. What a poor year draft-wise to tank.
You can't pick guys base on who you like and dislike. you gotta go with the best forward with a top 3 pick.

Old
04-14-2012, 06:06 PM
S Bah

In a year where Montreal picks 3rd,Boston gets beat by Washington and the Leafs wish they were in the Habs place even though the Habs miss the playoffs,Timmins can only do the right thing picking the best player available in the draft.

Old
04-14-2012, 06:14 PM
nuck
Axis of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
This draft lacks elite talented forwards, I think Yakupov, Grigorenko, Galchenyuk will go top 5, I don't think Murray will be there at #5. So this is what I think will happen..

1. Yakupov
2. Galchenyuk/Grigorenko/Murray
3. Galchenyuk/Grigorenko/Murray
4. Galchenyuk/Grigorenko/Murray
5. Forsberg/Dumba/Reilly
I zm pretty sure CBJ will not take a Russian. Grigs will remind them of some previous high picks who lacked competitive intensity , and Galch is coming off a lost season. I think they will take Murray unless they can cut a deal for the #1. They can't afford to take any risks. Watch Rielly in the playoffs. He was called the best skating D in junior hockey last summer. Not puny like Ellis or Murphy and not defensively challenged like Karlsson. Rated #5 after a lost season. Doughty without them weight problems.

Old
04-14-2012, 06:25 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
Really average year after all. Especially when you compare it to nex year. Seth Jones, McKinnon and Co....wow.

As far as your question, again, I will cringe....but I will have no problem going with Murray and Dumba. I also love Trouba and Rieilly though it should be a stretch for both guys at that spot.

Old
04-14-2012, 06:32 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuck View Post
I zm pretty sure CBJ will not take a Russian. Grigs will remind them of some previous high picks who lacked competitive intensity , and Galch is coming off a lost season. I think they will take Murray unless they can cut a deal for the #1. They can't afford to take any risks. Watch Rielly in the playoffs. He was called the best skating D in junior hockey last summer. Not puny like Ellis or Murphy and not defensively challenged like Karlsson. Rated #5 after a lost season. Doughty without them weight problems.
If the Jackets are willing to trade down a few notches to get additional picks the Habs might be able to satisfy them with their extra second rounders. However, I think it's more likely they'll select Nail and trade Nash.

Closed Thread