HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 10.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-14-2012, 03:12 PM
  #1
Crimson Skorpion
Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 30,393
vCash: 50
Awards:
2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 10.0

Continue here.

__________________
Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
LastWordOnSports.com


Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 03:14 PM
  #2
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Jack Bourdain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montréal, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,233
vCash: 500
I've come to the conclusion that whoever we draft should start the season in the Juniors.

Jack Bourdain is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 03:15 PM
  #3
Erik Estrada
Registered User
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Personally, I would love the idea of watching Galchenyuk as a Habs playin against Grigorenko as a Leaf..It would bring back the rivalry that's for sure.
As long as in that hypothesis, Galchenyuk's the better player. We all know it's going to be shoved in our face for the next ten years if our guy's not as good as their guy.

Erik Estrada is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 03:17 PM
  #4
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,723
vCash: 500
@Poetryinmotion:

It's not about Columbus having a superstar..but having a good young player to add to their core and could be considered their franchise player. Nash has brought them nowehre because he has done everything he could but it wasn't enough. Look at their defense..it's much more promising than their offense: Jack Johnson, David Savard, James Wisniewski and John Moore.

Jabba11 is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 03:22 PM
  #5
Erik Estrada
Registered User
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
@Poetryinmotion:

It's not about Columbus having a superstar..but having a good young player to add to their core and could be considered their franchise player. Nash has brought them nowehre because he has done everything he could but it wasn't enough. Look at their defense..it's much more promising than their offense: Jack Johnson, David Savard, James Wisniewski and John Moore.
My prediction

Edm-Yakupov
Columbus- Like usual, the guy that's gonna end up busting.
Montreal- Forward
Isles-D
Toronto-Center

Erik Estrada is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 03:27 PM
  #6
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
My prediction

Edm-Yakupov
Columbus- Like usual, the guy that's gonna end up busting.
Montreal- Forward
Isles-D
Toronto-Center
Yup..pretty much what I've put in my mock draft..except that I'm not hoping for the Columbus prospect to bust

Jabba11 is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 03:32 PM
  #7
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 6,402
vCash: 500
Edmonton takes Yakupov,Columbus takes Galchenyuk,Montreal takes Forsberg,Dumba or Grigorenko.NYI takes Murray,Toronto takes leftover forward.Montreal takes 1st overall in 2013 MacKinnon and its off to the Stanley Cup playoffs in 2013-2014 again.

S Bah is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 03:46 PM
  #8
bib
#believe
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
I've come to the conclusion that whoever we draft should start the season in the Juniors.
No way, I want a guy who has the ability and the confidence to jump right into the game at the NHL level and is able to make an impact. If Montreal is smart, they'll do the same. Drafting a player who needs that much development is too risky. Save those picks for the later rounds.

bib is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 03:48 PM
  #9
donghabs98
Moderator
 
donghabs98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,010
vCash: 552
10 threads

donghabs98 is online now  
Old
04-14-2012, 03:49 PM
  #10
vokiel
Nothing blind
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 8,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
10 threads
2 months to go

vokiel is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 03:50 PM
  #11
nuck
Axis of Evil
 
nuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Greenland
Posts: 5,157
vCash: 500
Huberdeau or Grigorenko?

Forgive me if this has already been brought up but I am a huge Huberdeau fan. Would you like to see a deal to bring him to the Habs, or are you confidant this years #3 prospect would be better? I am a bit worried about his physical durability but not as much as I am about Grigorenko's compete level. Do you see Grigorenko Malkin junior or Couturier lite? I still think he is a pretty safe pick but it would be a novelty to have the Habs best player from Quebec.

nuck is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 03:57 PM
  #12
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab
 
The Gal Pals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuck View Post
Forgive me if this has already been brought up but I am a huge Huberdeau fan. Would you like to see a deal to bring him to the Habs, or are you confidant this years #3 prospect would be better? I am a bit worried about his physical durability but not as much as I am about Grigorenko's compete level. Do you see Grigorenko Malkin junior or Couturier lite? I still think he is a pretty safe pick but it would be a novelty to have the Habs best player from Quebec.
I'd prefer Huberdeau over Grigo for sure. However, I think most (but not all) Habs fans want Galchenyuk over Grigo.

The Gal Pals is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 04:02 PM
  #13
bib
#believe
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 500
yeah yeah yeah

bib is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 04:36 PM
  #14
Shutdown
Registered User
 
Shutdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bib View Post
No way, I want a guy who has the ability and the confidence to jump right into the game at the NHL level and is able to make an impact. If Montreal is smart, they'll do the same. Drafting a player who needs that much development is too risky. Save those picks for the later rounds.
Odds are most prospects outside of Yakupov will not be in the NHL next year. It has nothing to do with risky picks, it's just where they are in their development.

Shutdown is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 04:56 PM
  #15
donghabs98
Moderator
 
donghabs98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,010
vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
Odds are most prospects outside of Yakupov will not be in the NHL next year. It has nothing to do with risky picks, it's just where they are in their development.
thats not a bad thing too

We don't really need to play them in the NHL next year. Let them work themselves out and get better in the CHL where they can grow

donghabs98 is online now  
Old
04-14-2012, 05:00 PM
  #16
rockjngo
Registered User
 
rockjngo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,550
vCash: 500
Mark my words the top 3 players gonna be drafted are Yakupov, Grigorenko, Galchenyuk.

rockjngo is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 05:06 PM
  #17
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Mark my words the top 3 players gonna be drafted are Yakupov, Grigorenko, Galchenyuk.
I can only wish. Best 3 forwards off the table, with us getting one of them, and that means Toronto is getting a defenseman if not for Forsberg.

2/3 best forwards in the draft go out west, one to us.

poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 05:09 PM
  #18
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bib View Post
No way, I want a guy who has the ability and the confidence to jump right into the game at the NHL level and is able to make an impact. If Montreal is smart, they'll do the same. Drafting a player who needs that much development is too risky. Save those picks for the later rounds.
Habs are not winning anything next year, so it's better to have these prospects develop properly.

DAChampion is online now  
Old
04-14-2012, 05:10 PM
  #19
rockjngo
Registered User
 
rockjngo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
I can only wish. Best 3 forwards off the table, with us getting one of them, and that means Toronto is getting a defenseman if not for Forsberg.
This draft lacks elite talented forwards, I think Yakupov, Grigorenko, Galchenyuk will go top 5, I don't think Murray will be there at #5. So this is what I think will happen..

1. Yakupov
2. Galchenyuk/Grigorenko/Murray
3. Galchenyuk/Grigorenko/Murray
4. Galchenyuk/Grigorenko/Murray
5. Forsberg/Dumba/Reilly

rockjngo is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 05:58 PM
  #20
ChemiseBleuHonnete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,446
vCash: 500
As much as I'd like a forward, what if Timmins clearly thinks that the BPA is a dmen (Dumba or Murray). Should we go for it? I'm kinda not sold on either Yakupov, Galchenyuk, Grigorenko and Forsberg (heck, at this point I like Collberg more than him). I'm sure at least one of them will turn into a star but I'm just ... not totally sold. What a poor year draft-wise to tank.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 06:05 PM
  #21
rockjngo
Registered User
 
rockjngo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
As much as I'd like a forward, what if Timmins clearly thinks that the BPA is a dmen (Dumba or Murray). Should we go for it? I'm kinda not sold on either Yakupov, Galchenyuk, Grigorenko and Forsberg (heck, at this point I like Collberg more than him). I'm sure at least one of them will turn into a star but I'm just ... not totally sold. What a poor year draft-wise to tank.
You can't pick guys base on who you like and dislike. you gotta go with the best forward with a top 3 pick.

rockjngo is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 06:06 PM
  #22
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 6,402
vCash: 500
In a year where Montreal picks 3rd,Boston gets beat by Washington and the Leafs wish they were in the Habs place even though the Habs miss the playoffs,Timmins can only do the right thing picking the best player available in the draft.

S Bah is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 06:14 PM
  #23
nuck
Axis of Evil
 
nuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Greenland
Posts: 5,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
This draft lacks elite talented forwards, I think Yakupov, Grigorenko, Galchenyuk will go top 5, I don't think Murray will be there at #5. So this is what I think will happen..

1. Yakupov
2. Galchenyuk/Grigorenko/Murray
3. Galchenyuk/Grigorenko/Murray
4. Galchenyuk/Grigorenko/Murray
5. Forsberg/Dumba/Reilly
I zm pretty sure CBJ will not take a Russian. Grigs will remind them of some previous high picks who lacked competitive intensity , and Galch is coming off a lost season. I think they will take Murray unless they can cut a deal for the #1. They can't afford to take any risks. Watch Rielly in the playoffs. He was called the best skating D in junior hockey last summer. Not puny like Ellis or Murphy and not defensively challenged like Karlsson. Rated #5 after a lost season. Doughty without them weight problems.

nuck is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 06:25 PM
  #24
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,623
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
As much as I'd like a forward, what if Timmins clearly thinks that the BPA is a dmen (Dumba or Murray). Should we go for it? I'm kinda not sold on either Yakupov, Galchenyuk, Grigorenko and Forsberg (heck, at this point I like Collberg more than him). I'm sure at least one of them will turn into a star but I'm just ... not totally sold. What a poor year draft-wise to tank.
Really average year after all. Especially when you compare it to nex year. Seth Jones, McKinnon and Co....wow.

As far as your question, again, I will cringe....but I will have no problem going with Murray and Dumba. I also love Trouba and Rieilly though it should be a stretch for both guys at that spot.

Whitesnake is online now  
Old
04-14-2012, 06:32 PM
  #25
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuck View Post
I zm pretty sure CBJ will not take a Russian. Grigs will remind them of some previous high picks who lacked competitive intensity , and Galch is coming off a lost season. I think they will take Murray unless they can cut a deal for the #1. They can't afford to take any risks. Watch Rielly in the playoffs. He was called the best skating D in junior hockey last summer. Not puny like Ellis or Murphy and not defensively challenged like Karlsson. Rated #5 after a lost season. Doughty without them weight problems.
If the Jackets are willing to trade down a few notches to get additional picks the Habs might be able to satisfy them with their extra second rounders. However, I think it's more likely they'll select Nail and trade Nash.

Teufelsdreck is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.