HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Seek & Destroy - WCQF Game 2 7:30 ET (SP-SO) Wings @ Preds

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2012, 11:50 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfan84 View Post
Well yeah I'd like to keep them both but Josi seems to play with much more heart, effort, and passion. Or maybe I am just reading way too much into it.
Josi has that rookie fire in him. Suter is a seasoned vet who is cooler under pressure. I'm not sure if Josi's compete level is higher, or if it's just his youthfulness.

Old
04-14-2012, 12:49 PM
SavageSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Josi has that rookie fire in him. Suter is a seasoned vet who is cooler under pressure. I'm not sure if Josi's compete level is higher, or if it's just his youthfulness.
Josi just looks like he gets the read/react thing and makes smart decisions. Some of the older guys seem to be pressing a bit on the powerplay. I'd like to see Ellis on third pair instead of Hillen to be able to drop SK74 off the point on the powerplay. I hate seeing a forward there when there is a short-handed breakout...

Old
04-14-2012, 05:43 PM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka View Post
PP needs to improve. We cant expect anything with us not capitalizing on critical chances. <snip>..
The problem with the power play is Det is crowding the goal, keeping a man on Weber, and giving Suter the time to shoot. THAT ain't gonna' get it done; Sutes can sneak in the back-side occasionally but he's not gonna' bomb a shot - he needs a place to pass the puck and down in the corner is all they're giving him. Put Josi with Weber - they have to respect them both - that'll loosen it up down low.

As for 2nd unit - if you're gonna' play the bros together you gotta' put SK down below the red line and let AK, Rads, and Leggy just kinda' move between half-boards and openings in front. I know Trotz is skating SK out top cause we're going with one Dman, but this would put Sutes out there and I take my chances there.

Old
04-14-2012, 05:51 PM
deanwormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Oh and Klien

Can someone compile the percentage of playoff goals he's been on the ice for the past 3 years? I pretty sure it's going to be staggering.
Klein was the BEST Dman on the ice the first game and he played just fine this one. You realize that he's on the ice either with a Rookie in Josi - who does still make plenty of rookie mistakes - or the pair of 7th DMen we have - who mostly play like 7th Dmen, even though they both have made several good plays. He gets to stuff most of our guys don't and he's as tough as any of them. If he didn't have the occasional brain-cramp that drives every one of us crazy we also wouldn't have him cause we couldn't afford him - and just imagine having to skate Hillen and Cube both all the time, and one of them on the PK.

Old
04-14-2012, 05:54 PM
deanwormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Rads is too ****ing cute! Loses puck to much...

Must address that.
and that's exactly Wilson's problem - imagine them both skating top 6 minutes - enough to make a grown man shudder.

Old
04-14-2012, 05:57 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
Klein was the BEST Dman on the ice the first game and he played just fine this one. .
You must have missed the part where his boneheaded play lead directly to the second one. And I don't agree with your entirely subjective first statement either.

He makes some good plays, but TIME AND TIME AGAIN he offsets them with crap.

Old
04-14-2012, 06:03 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
You must have missed the part where his boneheaded play lead directly to the second one. And I don't agree with your entirely subjective first statement either.

He makes some good plays, but TIME AND TIME AGAIN he offsets them with crap.
agree.. klein is a 3rd pair dman who shows signs of greatness... then brings you back to earth with a massive brainfart ... 2nd goal was his fault. whether rinne could have made that save is irrelevant

Old
04-14-2012, 06:12 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
and that's exactly Wilson's problem - imagine them both skating top 6 minutes - enough to make a grown man shudder.

Thats why Yip should sit and wilson play bottom six minutes. He wont play cute in the playoffs with the short leash he has been on, if he does he will get sat. Its pretty simple, try it out see what works. We could use wilsons skillset.

Old
04-14-2012, 07:20 PM
roseyc

The series is now tied at 1-1 ....We got outplayed in game1 and won the game and last night we outplayed them and loose. We are lucky to be 1-1. Well we know that Trotz will figure out what's wrong with the PP...yeah right .....we should have been up 2-0 at least in the first period but we were happy we won game 1 because only a few players showed up for game 2. Weber and Ak and the Cube stood out. Fisher is playing a hitting mode game but no offense at all. But he is playing with perienal players who disappear in the playoffs in Sk and Erat. I knew that the Wings effort would be to stop the Rad line and but they are shutting down the Fisher line with no effort. The third line scored all the goals in game 1 and no goals in game 2. The playoffs are all about punch/counterpunch. So the Wings won the counterpunch. I've said all I'm going to say about Sk and Klein....they are big difference makers for the other team.....This franchise is continually haunted by the big injury in the playoffs. The first playoffs series....Zidlicky couldn't play after a big hit after having a great regular season. Vokoun against the Sharks. The second Sharks series Forsberg banged up and done. The next series against the Wings ...Arnott gets a concussion. Chi series ...Hornqvist breaks his arms ...our leading scorer and doesn't play....last year was different and we won. Now Gill. I hope this isn't a omen.
For Ole Barry ....can you figure it out? Great job in polarizing Wilson....Sk on the point...who idea was that. Blum played as a rookie last year and now Ellis can't play because...? Hillen scares me. That Yip is playing some series.....seriously....When light shines we shutter ....we are back to the no shoot. On the pp... pass it around oh! lost it down the ice and here we come again Legwand on the half board on the pp is a lost puck waiting to happen.. Sk on the point ...point guy who won't shoot ...interesting... Weber will shoot!!!! oh..the Wings have that covered..what do we do...Ole Barry

Closed Thread