HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PPM VII: Soccer Season 8 Starts Today!

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Obryantj

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
I wish I'd have known. I'm sitting for a team whose manager is done PPM. I'm just playing the team out through the rest of his pro pack. I've sold off most of his good guys and had a tonne of cash. Spent 150M in each sport on two players in each sport. They weren't a waste of money, but it's funny seeing a weak div2 soccer and hockey team spend 100M on a player. Anyways, to everyone out there. If in a month or so you toss a stud on the market in any sport let me know.
What are you looking for in each sport? I'd be willing to sell just about anyone on my hockey team in about a month. I probably don't have anything available in soccer that you're after, but I suppose its possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
I hate you
Don't hate. I must have gotten lucky in my match though, Outsider posted on the forums that he forgot to change his game importance

Quote:
I took a break and I now want to do #3 Must. Maintain. Control.
I kind of expected you to have already purchased some kind of stadium upgrade by now. Why haven't you started that yet? You don't have another home competitive match until next Thursday.

Old
04-13-2012, 12:19 AM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
I kind of expected you to have already purchased some kind of stadium upgrade by now. Why haven't you started that yet? You don't have another home competitive match until next Thursday.
I didn't want to spend too much and not be able to afford a new player or two. But I'm really starting to like your idea of just doing one Max Double. That might be doable. I get my seats and still have 50-60M left to play with.

I can't believe I lost that game. Fricking McCready goes out in 25 minutes! I thought that warranted a suspension, but it looks like he'll get to play next game. I still want to stab him in his balls for screwing up my season already.

CWC groups have been announced and I'm happy with my draw. Opponent OTS' are 54, 41 & 36. I should be able to cruise through that with the backups.

Looks like Obryantj is in the group of death in the CHL. Only one weak team. The other two are Susu Avalanche from Japan and Trueblue United. Good luck.

Old
04-13-2012, 09:29 AM
Obryantj

Quote:
I didn't want to spend too much and not be able to afford a new player or two. But I'm really starting to like your idea of just doing one Max Double. That might be doable. I get my seats and still have 50-60M left to play with.
You have until day 9 of the season (next Tuesday) to start a max double and have it ready for sponsorship offers. Also, if you're looking at players on the market who transfer on Wednesday or later (of next week), you'll get sponsorship cash before then. Just some thoughts.

Quote:
CWC groups have been announced and I'm happy with my draw. Opponent OTS' are 54, 41 & 36. I should be able to cruise through that with the backups.

Looks like Obryantj is in the group of death in the CHL. Only one weak team. The other two are Susu Avalanche from Japan and Trueblue United. Good luck.
Congrats on your group. I think a lot of the smaller countries in "rest of the world" have 1-2 strong teams who qualified for the ChL and then a big drop to teams like your opponents.

I looked at the top list for Japan I.1 and Australia I.1. Susu Avalanche currently has the highest OTS in his league, with 82 (2nd place has an OTS of 47). Trueblue United has the highest OTS in his league as well with 78, but that's due to the GMP Spitfires having a camp going (3rd place is at 58 OTS). So, I doubt those two teams are earmarking much energy for their leagues. I feel sorry for ralfe team from Azerbaijan, who is the 4th member of the group.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:09 AM
canucks357

Quote:
What are you looking for in each sport? I'd be willing to sell just about anyone on my hockey team in about a month. I probably don't have anything available in soccer that you're after, but I suppose its possible.
He's sold almost his entire team. In need of everything really haha. However I'm almost set for both of mine. Still looking into some high exp guys for the CWC. Not sure if that is the best plan but I'm going to go with it. Just need a C and another W or two.

Old
04-13-2012, 08:33 PM
tujague

Quote:
You have until day 9 of the season (next Tuesday) to start a max double and have it ready for sponsorship offers. Also, if you're looking at players on the market who transfer on Wednesday or later (of next week), you'll get sponsorship cash before then. Just some thoughts.
I know=) I don't want to rush it is all. I've already gone over 30M in bid wars 4-5 times. I just want to make sure I have the cash on hand just in case I land my dmen and then find an SM that I want. I'll get the MaxD started a day or three before I have to.

Quote:
Congrats on your group. I think a lot of the smaller countries in "rest of the world" have 1-2 strong teams who qualified for the ChL and then a big drop to teams like your opponents.
The CWC is definitely a second rate tourney. I proved that when it won it last season

Quote:
He's sold almost his entire team. In need of everything really haha. However I'm almost set for both of mine. Still looking into some high exp guys for the CWC. Not sure if that is the best plan but I'm going to go with it. Just need a C and another W or two.
I think there might be a slim possibility that I'm considering maybe blowing up my hockey team. Not quitting. Just rebuilding. I haven't put a ton of thought into this yet. It only started percolating in the back of my mind yesterday. Right now I'm thinking that I'm not going anywhere with the team I have. I'm not catching the playoff teams. And my facilities aren't doing much either. I have no idea what my team is worth, but if I could dump them all and get enough to build a few key facilities up to 14-15... I don't know. Anyone have a reason why I shouldn't?

Old
04-13-2012, 11:04 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Anyone have a reason why I shouldn't?
Can you handle losing for 4-8 seasons? Depending on how good your prospects are maybe less. A guy in Canada was nowhere on the map. He rebuilt properly and shot up the rankings and was a contender in I.1 until his goalie got hurt right after selling his backup. If done right it can be a huge benefit to your team.

Old
04-14-2012, 05:55 AM
Emerald76

Quote:
I think there might be a slim possibility that I'm considering maybe blowing up my hockey team. Not quitting. Just rebuilding. I haven't put a ton of thought into this yet. It only started percolating in the back of my mind yesterday. Right now I'm thinking that I'm not going anywhere with the team I have. I'm not catching the playoff teams. And my facilities aren't doing much either. I have no idea what my team is worth, but if I could dump them all and get enough to build a few key facilities up to 14-15... I don't know. Anyone have a reason why I shouldn't?
If you are going to do this I would ensure the following is done within the next season, 2 seasons.

1. TF & RF are on their way, if not already built to L15

2. That you gradually sell of your top men - in other words, sell half of your top team now, the other half when you have replacements in place.

3. There is no point doing this unless you have top youth. I got rid of about half a team a couple of seasons ago, but I made sure I had players that would eventually be infinitely better. I spent alot of money on about 9/10 players iirc. They are only now starting to make serious inroads on the top lines due to focused training camps & selected games being played throughout a couple of seasons.

I'm sure you already know what you need to do for this to be a success, but it will not be overnight success due to the league your in being quite competitive.

I was in a good position when I decided to sell the players when did, as there is only really 4/5 teams that were serious contenders at the time (this is still the case).

I went from guaranteeing the title every season to just being a title contender, but I had to make the changes when I did as I knew my dominance would not last with the low quality players in my team.

Besides the above, going about managing your team in this fashion adds purpose and more interest to the game.
It will be a new challenge, but as Canucks said, be prepared to struggle for several seasons.

Old
04-14-2012, 11:33 AM
Obryantj

Quote:
I know=) I don't want to rush it is all. I've already gone over 30M in bid wars 4-5 times. I just want to make sure I have the cash on hand just in case I land my dmen and then find an SM that I want. I'll get the MaxD started a day or three before I have to.
Gotcha. I'm now considering only upgrading my current 4k to 10k and not building any more DFM this season. I'd just like to get upgrades going on HR and SA asap, and probably upgrade MnC, MdC and potentially EC during this season as well. Perhaps flip some players as well.

Quote:
If you have solid prospects and you don't want to continually fight for a 9th-12th position, then I'd say go for the rebuild.

I've considered doing the same, but I'm a bit farther behind in facilities than you are. Actually, I just looked and your only facility advantages over me are TF-14 in construction for you and you're MdC is at 10 vs. mine at 9. I'm considering going the facility route at the end of the season instead of the arena route. I suppose I'll wait to see what my attendance looks like after my TFMs finish. Also, I sold most of my expensive staff and replaced them with more affordable options. I still need another sporting director and manager, but I've managed to get my total daily expenses under 600k. That number will increase dramatically when my TFMs finish, but I'm anticipating the increase in revenue to be double the increase in costs.

Old
04-14-2012, 07:13 PM
tujague

Quote:
Can you handle losing for 4-8 seasons? Depending on how good your prospects are maybe less. A guy in Canada was nowhere on the map. He rebuilt properly and shot up the rankings and was a contender in I.1 until his goalie got hurt right after selling his backup. If done right it can be a huge benefit to your team.
First things first. I do know about the pain a rebuild can cause. I did one in HockeyArena starting around season 32(?). I actually started before that, but I didn't get serious about it until I wasted a couple of seasons. I wasn't competitive in III.1 until season 38. Now we're on season 42 and I just missed the playoffs in I.1. So I understand the losing. And of course I'll be dropping a few leagues.

The big problem is I don't have a lot of great players. In a week, I'll only have 10 guys over 800or. Four of them are over 900or. Also, since I haven't taken hockey as serious as soccer, I don't have many good prospects either. Instead of trying to improve, I've kept what was useful and only filled in when absolutely necessary. I've bought a couple of good centers and pulled a few other players over the last 3 seasons.

I only have 4 starters under 19yo. But they would be the ones to bring in the most money, right? There might be 3-4 bench players who I could use in the starting lineup if I did rebuild. I'd pretty much be starting from scratch.

My hockey facilities are crap. I'm basically dead in the water since I added seats at the beginning of this season. And I didn't have much going on last season either.

Anybody want to be my sitter so they can check out my team and ballpark how much I could make?

Old
04-15-2012, 02:18 AM
tujague

Finally! I nabbed a dman. Not the best deal, but I'm pretty damn happy to have one Szabolcs Racvolgyi is 16yo, 6/6 LD with just over 400or. For 20M. Like I said, not a great deal. Very good Qs though.

Code:
  Goa   	  Def   	  Mid   	  Off   	  Sho   	  Pas   	  Tec   	  Spe   	  Hea   	  Exp  
27 74  	90 80  	25 67  	31 49  	46 83  	49 82  	42 87  	44 78  	50 85  	0
Weird auction. It was around 15M for a while. Then someone else bid and the first one came right back. That happened twice. Then the first guy stopped. I bid with 2 minutes left just waiting for a 3-way bidding war and nothing happened.

Old
04-15-2012, 07:52 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Anybody want to be my sitter so they can check out my team and ballpark how much I could make?
Congrats on the d-man. It'll cost that much or more to nab prospects anymore. As far as a sitter is concerned, I don't think you are a Pro Packer as far as I know. You need at least 30 days left on your Pro Pack to get a sitter. My hockey team is the same boat though. I have some prospects but not nearly as many nor as good of ones as soccer. My main guys are all 4/6 or worse too. On the down-swing but I made the CWC so no complaints. I'll rebuild after next season.

Old
04-15-2012, 11:59 AM
tujague

I finally started the Max Double. I'll have 42,800 seats by the end of the season. Two will be Max Doubles, two have 5000 seats(costs 36.25M? to max) and two have 4000 seats (43.5M to max). I don't think I'll add the other two doubles for a bit. I'm going to start saving up for TF15 now.

Quote:
Congrats on the d-man. It'll cost that much or more to nab prospects anymore.
Yeah. I realize I paid more than I should, but it's a lot better than what I almost paid at the end of last season. I think I went over 30M 3 times, and that was for 16yos with just under 500or. The guy I just got (I won't even attempt to spell his name) will be around 530-540 at the end of this season. Not a horrible deal considering how close I was to completely breaking down and doing something really stupid

Quote:
As far as a sitter is concerned, I don't think you are a Pro Packer as far as I know. You need at least 30 days left on your Pro Pack to get a sitter. My hockey team is the same boat though. I have some prospects but not nearly as many nor as good of ones as soccer. My main guys are all 4/6 or worse too. On the down-swing but I made the CWC so no complaints. I'll rebuild after next season.
Sitter is a ProPackPerk? That's unexpected. I guess I could just take pics of the lineup. Then everybody could weigh in on my crap team I might get to that tonight.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
I finally started the Max Double. I'll have 42,800 seats by the end of the season. Two will be Max Doubles, two have 5000 seats(costs 36.25M? to max) and two have 4000 seats (43.5M to max). I don't think I'll add the other two doubles for a bit. I'm going to start saving up for TF15 now.
Your stadium is definitely well ahead of mine. You didn't quite sell out your league match on Thursday though, did you? That's somewhat concerning to me when I think of upgrading my own stadium.

Quote:
Yeah. I realize I paid more than I should, but it's a lot better than what I almost paid at the end of last season. I think I went over 30M 3 times, and that was for 16yos with just under 500or. The guy I just got (I won't even attempt to spell his name) will be around 530-540 at the end of this season. Not a horrible deal considering how close I was to completely breaking down and doing something really stupid
Congrats on the defender. His qualities look nice, but prices on prospects are definitely higher than I would have expected them to be at this point in the game. I'm about 95% sure that I'm going to sell one particular player at the end of the season, so I'm trying to bring in some prospects to replace him long term.

I think you might even be (slightly) underestimating how much OR that defender will gain over the course of the season (assuming he doesn't get injured). I went through all of my players a couple of days ago and calculated how much OR they gained over last season. It's a fun exercise (for me) and I think you might enjoy doing the same and estimating your players' ORs at the end of the season.

Old
04-15-2012, 02:33 PM
tujague

Quote:
Your stadium is definitely well ahead of mine. You didn't quite sell out your league match on Thursday though, did you? That's somewhat concerning to me when I think of upgrading my own stadium.
Who in their right mind would pay to see my team play a league game? The fans will come if/when I start winning. Probably.

Quote:
Congrats on the defender. His qualities look nice, but prices on prospects are definitely higher than I would have expected them to be at this point in the game. I'm about 95% sure that I'm going to sell one particular player at the end of the season, so I'm trying to bring in some prospects to replace him long term.

I think you might even be (slightly) underestimating how much OR that defender will gain over the course of the season (assuming he doesn't get injured). I went through all of my players a couple of days ago and calculated how much OR they gained over last season. It's a fun exercise (for me) and I think you might enjoy doing the same and estimating your players' ORs at the end of the season.
I think I could have gotten someone cheaper. In fact I know I could have. I missed several auctions that ended much cheaper than this one. But it's been a month since I bought Bortmanski. That's how long I've been looking for a stinking dman. I paid 7M for Borts and he has 457or and is 16yo. They have similar EQs (83-84).

I probably did underestimate. I prefer to do it that way and be surprised than the other way and be disappointed. Plus I wasn't talking about his training over a full 112 day season. I was comparing him to the guys I was bidding on at the end of last season. I figured around 100 days for comparison at 1.25% training= 125or + two training camps. Then underestimated

EDIT: My spastic soccer team shows up again. 5-1 win. Raymond McCready picked up 2 more quick yellow cards (43rd & 54th minutes) to get booted for the second straight game. Up next is redcard's Mouth Breathers.No telling what's going to happen there.

Last edited by tujague: 04-15-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old
04-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
Who in their right mind would pay to see my team play a league game? The fans will come if/when I start winning. Probably.
Perhaps fans of the opposing team?

Quote:
I think I could have gotten someone cheaper. In fact I know I could have. I missed several auctions that ended much cheaper than this one. But it's been a month since I bought Bortmanski. That's how long I've been looking for a stinking dman. I paid 7M for Borts and he has 457or and is 16yo. They have similar EQs (83-84).
I'd argue that all you know about the other auctions is that at least one manager was willing to pay at least the actual transfer amount. Perhaps that same manager was willing to go (much) higher. I think you understand that already, but its something that I think is often overlooked. Borts looks like a great purchase at the moment.

Quote:
I probably did underestimate. I prefer to do it that way and be surprised than the other way and be disappointed. Plus I wasn't talking about his training over a full 112 day season. I was comparing him to the guys I was bidding on at the end of last season. I figured around 100 days for comparison at 1.25% training= 125or + two training camps. Then underestimated
1.25/day is a pretty good number. On the month (which includes 0 days of training camp), I think I only have 2 players averaging that: Max Mark (thanks in part to his role on the NT) and Ed Crenshaw.

Quote:
EDIT: My spastic soccer team shows up again. 5-1 win. Raymond McCready picked up 2 more quick yellow cards (43rd & 54th minutes) to get booted for the second straight game. Up next is redcard's Mouth Breathers.No telling what's going to happen there.
Congrats on the win. It looks like Greedy McCready needs a talk from the old ball coach.

Thankfully, no one on my team has more than 1 yellow card on the season so far. Bragg has been incredible, Valina has been great and 7 other players have goals or assists.

The league seems to be getting a bit more top-heavy. Four teams are undefeated, including the High Headerz who have a camp going. The other three undefeated teams have all scored at least 10 goals and given up 0.

Edit: In hockey, it looks like my first round playoff matchup will be against the loser of Wednesday's game between the Nashville Knights and the Minnesota Gladiators. Nashville has a better (current) OTS, but is on the road. I'd prefer to avoid another HFBoard member in the first round of the playoffs though.

Last edited by Obryantj: 04-16-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old
04-17-2012, 08:52 AM
tujague

I got a 4* coach in hockey last night. I reluctantly pulled him. Unscouted Qs are 67/74. That's 4 stars? I don't think so.

Quote:
Perhaps fans of the opposing team?
Did opposing fans go to New Jersey to watch the Devils play the trap against their favorite team? (I know, the Devils don't play the trap. Shut up, Devils fans)

Quote:
I'd argue that all you know about the other auctions is that at least one manager was willing to pay at least the actual transfer amount. Perhaps that same manager was willing to go (much) higher. I think you understand that already, but its something that I think is often overlooked. Borts looks like a great purchase at the moment.
Of course. I'm talking about the ones that ended under 10M. That means only one person thought the player was worth even that much. I like to assume that my fat bankroll and US I.1 tag would have been enough to scare them off

Yeah, Borts was a good one. Mid,Tech/Head are 92-95, Spd is 72 and Pass is 66. Probably more of an inside guy so I only have to train one lower Q, but I'll work on his speed for now just in case no one better comes along.

Quote:
1.25/day is a pretty good number. On the month (which includes 0 days of training camp), I think I only have 2 players averaging that: Max Mark (thanks in part to his role on the NT) and Ed Crenshaw.
Really? Any others close? I usually have 6+ guys over 1.20 (which is the number I should have used). The new guy (I can't even come up with a nickname for the cluster**** that is his name. Probably just go with SR) trained his 82 & 87 Qs since he's been on the team and he's gotten 1.24-1.27. Maybe the 82Q at 1.24 was just a lucky one.

Quote:
Congrats on the win. It looks like Greedy McCready needs a talk from the old ball coach.

Thankfully, no one on my team has more than 1 yellow card on the season so far. Bragg has been incredible, Valina has been great and 7 other players have goals or assists.
'Greedy' McCready Four in 79 minutes! Bad enough, but he seems to get very frustrated. First two came within 5 minutes of each other. The next game they were 9 minutes apart. I'm surprised he didn't get Shanabanned.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:29 AM
Obryantj

Quote:
Did opposing fans go to New Jersey to watch the Devils play the trap against their favorite team? (I know, the Devils don't play the trap. Shut up, Devils fans)
This is soccer. I think the fans get excited about 1-0 matches.

Quote:
Really? Any others close? I usually have 6+ guys over 1.20 (which is the number I should have used). The new guy (I can't even come up with a nickname for the cluster**** that is his name. Probably just go with SR) trained his 82 & 87 Qs since he's been on the team and he's gotten 1.24-1.27. Maybe the 82Q at 1.24 was just a lucky one.
I just went through my entire team. 1 additional player moved above the 1.25 monthly average mark last night. 4 other players are above 1.20. I have some veterans averaging less than 1.00/day, some of them I plan to sell at the end of the season.

Here's a breakdown:
Code:
Range	        # of players
1.35 > x > 1.30	  1
1.30 > x > 1.25	  2
1.25 > x > 1.20	  4
1.20 > x > 1.15	  2
1.15 > x > 1.10	  6
1.10 > x > 1.05	  6
1.05 > x > 1.00	  4
1.00 > x > 0.90	  5

Quote:
'Greedy' McCready Four in 79 minutes! Bad enough, but he seems to get very frustrated. First two came within 5 minutes of each other. The next game they were 9 minutes apart. I'm surprised he didn't get Shanabanned.
He only had 4 yellow cards all of last season as well, so yeah, I got nothing.

Old
04-19-2012, 10:03 AM
tujague

I finally started construction on a hockey facility- HR12. It seems like years since I've done anything other than Maintenance. TF14 is 8 days away from finishing. So I did that 96 days ago. I don't know when I built something before that. Rebuild might be in order. I have to get those pics of my lineup up here soon.

Quote:
This is soccer. I think the fans get excited about 1-0 matches.
Yeah, but my team usually dominates and doesn't score. So my fans are upset that we can't finish and the other fans are pissed cause their team got whupped. Nobody wants to watch that except friends & family of my players and the other teams goalie

Damn Redcard is just the latest to ... whatever. I don't even know how to describe results like these when they happen so often. 0-0 draw. He got 0 shots on goal to my SIX.

Quote:
He only had 4 yellow cards all of last season as well, so yeah, I got nothing.
My team has 6 yellows this season. All from forwards. They've only committed 12 fouls total. And half are YCs! McCready's four fouls all resulted in YCs, He's such a dick The other positions have 35(?) fouls and no yellows. Is that normal?

Old
04-19-2012, 02:49 PM
neksys

So, I'm not at nearly the level as most of you guys, but I'm up against a wall here. I went from IV to III in hockey in pretty short order, but I've been stuck in more or less the same place in III for three, going on 4 seasons.

I've finished 15th, 14th, and now 13th so there's some upward movement, but very, very little.

I don't want to move to II, but I can't stand being stuck in the middle of the pack like this.

For the record, my facilities are: TF 9, RF 9, HR 9, Maint 5, EC 6, SA 10, Med 6.

Any advice on how I can crawl my way out of this mess? My team is too good, even if I played only my prospects, to relegate, but its not good enough to ever make the playoffs.

I'm the Toronto Maple Leafs of PPM

Old
04-19-2012, 07:30 PM
tujague

McCready picked up his 5th yellow This is getting insane. Eleven minutes later I caught a break. Another yellow, but it went to the other forward, Sember. I think that was destined for McCready, but the game screwed something up

I ended up with a 2-0 win in a game I dominated. The shots were ridiculous, 24-5. I had 13 on goal. I really don't know why I can't score anymore. It's a small sample and I'm not including the first game when I had a camp, but...
STA 7 SWA 20 - 2 goals (28.6% of ST)
ST 32 SW 30 - 7 goals (21.9% of ST)

I've had the better goalie in every game. Also the better defense and midfield. And the better offense in all but one game (redcard, and he didn't score?!). What am I doing wrong? That's a rhetorical question. probably.

Can one of you ProPackers give me the ST/SW numbers from last season? It's looking like this is something I should keep track of

Old
04-19-2012, 11:33 PM
old time hockey4

Quote:
McCready picked up his 5th yellow This is getting insane. Eleven minutes later I caught a break. Another yellow, but it went to the other forward, Sember. I think that was destined for McCready, but the game screwed something up

I ended up with a 2-0 win in a game I dominated. The shots were ridiculous, 24-5. I had 13 on goal. I really don't know why I can't score anymore. It's a small sample and I'm not including the first game when I had a camp, but...
STA 7 SWA 20 - 2 goals (28.6% of ST)
ST 32 SW 30 - 7 goals (21.9% of ST)

I've had the better goalie in every game. Also the better defense and midfield. And the better offense in all but one game (redcard, and he didn't score?!). What am I doing wrong? That's a rhetorical question. probably.

Can one of you ProPackers give me the ST/SW numbers from last season? It's looking like this is something I should keep track of
Last season, you had:
STA 143 (3.4 per game) SWA 216 (36 goal, so 25.1% of ST)
ST 193 (4.6 per game) , SW 231 (50 goals, so 25.9% of ST)

Looks like you've continued the trend from last season of having more shots for per game, but your shooting percentage has gone down, while your save percentage has gone up. I'm sure it will even out as the season progresses.

Old
04-19-2012, 11:36 PM
old time hockey4

For comparison, my team is lighting it up right now for efficiency, with 10 of my 23 shots converting (43.4%) and only 2 of my opponents 16 shots converting (12.5%)

That's not going to last though, I've had some pretty easy opponents the first 3 games, the match today was my first tough one with Loser Patrol FC, which I tied 0-0.

Old
04-20-2012, 10:44 AM
tujague

Thanks, oth I have to remove the last 7 matches because I benched anyone who had a chance of playing in a CWC match. I pretty much threw away those games at the end. So I won't include them Updated stats:
106STA 173SWA 24GA (22.64% 8.6%)
170STF 203SWF 45GF (26.5% 12.1%)
I have no clue what to do to fix this. I do enough to dominate most matches and my forwards are in the top half of the league.

How did everyone do last season? Shooting percentages, ST, SW, etc. Maybe it's normal what's happening with my team, but I find that hard to believe. When I give up 15-20 shots, I generally give up 4 goals plus. Of course that doesn't happen very often. Hmm. Maybe I should start tracking that league-wide.

**** youth pull. 448or, 6/6 RD
Code:
  Goa   	  Def   	  Mid   	  Off   	  Sho   	  Pas   	  Tec   	  Spe   	  Hea   	  Exp  
44 59  	67 81  	36 70  	33 59  	51 78  	51 83  	56 82  	54 56  	56 65  	0
Okay, he's not bad. Heading needs to bounce 10-15 and the others need to go up or not get worse, but I'll take it. I was still on the lookout for another young dman. Mr.Carpenter fits the bill. This pull probably saves me at least 10M, but I easily could have done something stupid Figure he averages 1.2% training over 100 days, plus 14 of those days add another 1.5%, you're looking at 448+120+21=589 at the end of his 15yo season. Of course he won't make all of those targets. I will have to train his weak Heading at some point, but damn that is still a lot of OR for a 15yo. EDIT: If someone scouts him in the next few days, feel free to post results. I have some market guys I'm scouting this week.

I screwed up some construction. My first group of small accessories were done in the new Doubles, so I put 18M into the next round of Snacks/Shops/Press Boxes. Had I not done that, I would have been able to start HR13 with this week's sponsor money. It would have been done just in time. Now I'm going to come up a bit short. Unless I sell a player that I wasn't ready to sell...

Last edited by tujague: 04-20-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old
04-20-2012, 10:46 AM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by neksys View Post
So, I'm not at nearly the level as most of you guys, but I'm up against a wall here. I went from IV to III in hockey in pretty short order, but I've been stuck in more or less the same place in III for three, going on 4 seasons.

I've finished 15th, 14th, and now 13th so there's some upward movement, but very, very little.

I don't want to move to II, but I can't stand being stuck in the middle of the pack like this.

For the record, my facilities are: TF 9, RF 9, HR 9, Maint 5, EC 6, SA 10, Med 6.

Any advice on how I can crawl my way out of this mess? My team is too good, even if I played only my prospects, to relegate, but its not good enough to ever make the playoffs.

I'm the Toronto Maple Leafs of PPM
First things first. Why in the hell are you carrying 61 players? How much is that costing you each day? I currently have 42 and it costs 27K. When I had 45, it was closer to 50k. That's 1M every 20 days. You have to be much higher than that. That has to be crippling you. Unless you're somehow making money on player sales with your lesser facilities?

Old
04-20-2012, 11:04 AM
doug5984

Send a message via AIM to doug5984
Finally finished with tax season at work so I had some time this morning and made my pretty awesome PPM Soccer Adjusted Quality Spreadsheet.

The thing that really stands out is I need a long term answer at SM, maybe even 2- and could add another young forward to help as well. D I am pretty much set, and happy with what I have. I may take a step back this season (Finished 3rd in II last year) as I sold a bunch of my older defenders who didn't have much of a future, but were better current guys with much better experience.

I'm thinking if I can slowly move my roster towards guys with my adjusted quality to over 70 only- I'll be in much better shape long term, might take a few seasons to accomplish that though.

Closed Thread