HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Redskins Screw Up The Offseason Thread (+QB, -1st Rounders, -$36 Million!)

Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2012, 11:58 PM
Capitlols

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Went to Charlestown on Tuesday for some poker....randomly played blackjack with Leonard Hankerson....still on crutches....all Miami garb in West VA....pretty funny.
Did you ask him about RGIII?

Old
04-07-2012, 01:57 AM
Berakos

pulled this off extremeskins

per KC Joyner
How the Baylor star could be as good, or better, than Andrew Luck

Griffin
Bombs (30+ yards) 17/33 13 TDs 1 INT 22.7 YPA
Luck
Bombs (30+ yards) 2/16 1 TD 1 INT 7.6 YPA

13 of his 17 passes went for tds? that's pretty incredible if u ask me.

I think i maybe 2 or 3 passes over 30 yards go for a td in a year.

Old
04-07-2012, 02:17 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Jaded against the pro athlete because he makes a lot huh? Eesh...didn't figure you for that guy...

So basically he should just shut up and take what he's offered because anyone can step in and fill his role easily.....got it. If that's the case the Bears should just cut the guy and let him play for a franchise who WOULD value his skillset.

Bears as has been said control everything in this situation

They can franchise him for next 2 years and have Forte not play football (Or make money for next 2 years) if he doesn't want to sign the tender

Forte has 4 options

1- Sign tender and play
2- Sit out for year and get no $$$
3- Accept the 18M guranteed multi year deal
4- Ask Bears to allow his agent to seek out trade and find a trade that would be appealing to Bears

2 and 4 are least likely to happen

Forte didn't earn big $$$ on his rookie deal so unlike a guy like Carson Palmer sitting out is really not best option for him. As for trade unless he can find a team willing to overpay Bears (Unlikely as RB"s aren't highly valued around league anymore) that is dead end

Old
04-07-2012, 12:48 PM
CapsWolverinesUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berakos View Post

per KC Joyner

Griffin
Luck

Those stats have to be qualified, though. Luck's best (only) good pass catcher was a tight end. RGIII played with a 1st rounder caliber WR in Wright plus 3 other BURNERS. So, it makes sense that Baylor was going to have more guys open over the top than Luck. Plus, Big 12 pass defense leaves a lot to be desired.

Still a very impressive completion percentage, and the fact that so many completions went for TDs strongly suggests that RGIII's throws were extremely accurate and allowed his WRs to catch the ball in stride. But it's not a totally fair comp.

Old
04-07-2012, 02:52 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Bears as has been said control everything in this situation

They can franchise him for next 2 years and have Forte not play football (Or make money for next 2 years) if he doesn't want to sign the tender

Forte has 4 options

1- Sign tender and play
2- Sit out for year and get no $$$
3- Accept the 18M guranteed multi year deal
4- Ask Bears to allow his agent to seek out trade and find a trade that would be appealing to Bears

2 and 4 are least likely to happen

Forte didn't earn big $$$ on his rookie deal so unlike a guy like Carson Palmer sitting out is really not best option for him. As for trade unless he can find a team willing to overpay Bears (Unlikely as RB"s aren't highly valued around league anymore) that is dead end
Hopefully it all works in Forte's favor. I'm guessing he won't be playing hurt much until he gets a long term deal he likes. The franchise tag still hurts on the cap hit, so if the Bears want to take that on the next two years....that's fine.

My point all along is that the guy has earned a much better deal. If the Bears want to give him $15 mil guaranteed the next two years before he walks, more power too em.

Old
04-09-2012, 11:36 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
FA news from the Skins today. Kedric Golston was brought back (terms not yet disclosed) and OT James Lee was added. Golston coming back is nice, good veteran backup on the D-line. Lee is 6-4, 305 lbs, and spent the last 4 years with Tampa. Provides depth at the OT position.

Also, from the post on the WaPost:

"The Redskins still hope to re-sign inside linebacker London Fletcher and add a right tackle, left guard, cornerback and safety through the draft or free agency."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...html#pagebreak

Old
04-10-2012, 07:08 AM
Stewie G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berakos View Post

per KC Joyner

Griffin
Luck

It's actually 13 of 33 passes that went for TDs, unless you meant completions. If we're talking completion, I'd have to imagine that quite a high percentage of 30+ yard passes end up being TDs. Still quite impressive either way.

Old
04-10-2012, 11:59 PM
Berakos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie G View Post
It's actually 13 of 33 passes that went for TDs, unless you meant completions. If we're talking completion, I'd have to imagine that quite a high percentage of 30+ yard passes end up being TDs. Still quite impressive either way.
yup, i meant completions.

Old
04-12-2012, 08:01 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Complete HORSE ****!!!!

The trial of the man accused of shooting Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor more than four years ago was postponed indefinitely Thursday morning when Miami-Dade Circuit Court Judge Dennis J. Murphy scheduled another hearing for July 12.

The trial had been scheduled to begin Monday. Thursday’s decision was the sixth postponement of the trial.

The attorney for Eric Rivera, 22, who police say pulled the trigger in a botched November, 2007 burglary that left Taylor with a mortal wound in his leg, asked for additional time to prepare because he has been on the case only a month.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...html#pagebreak

Old
04-13-2012, 12:00 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Uh there's a big asterisk to Lucks long pass numbers. Rg3 had way better WR talent to go deep as well.

Old
04-13-2012, 04:06 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

FS Tanard Jackson was signed today. Word is he is a good talent at FS, but he has already served a 4 game suspension of violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy. So he comes cheap, but with baggage.

Also, word is the Skins are close to a deal with Fletcher to get him signed before the Monday start of the off field work out program. Great news.

Old
04-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Capitlols

Jackson isn't very good. He had a ridiculous amount of missed tackles last year in a limited amount of games and his character is very suspect. He also has to return to health. Skins seem to be following the Caps dumpster diving model.

Old
04-13-2012, 06:04 PM
Cush
-inator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
Skins seem to be following the Caps dumpster diving model.
Not like they have much of a choice (thank you, NFL)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...qcFT_blog.html

Quote:
The Washington Redskins re-signed free agent inside linebacker London Fletcher Friday, ending a lengthy negotiation with the team’s captain, who led the NFL in tackles last season.

Fletcher tweeted “Redskins fans your captain is back! #HTTR # Resign59” and a person with knowledge of the situation confirmed that he and the team had come to terms.

Old
04-14-2012, 08:01 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Glad to see Fletch back in the mix.

Interesting stuff I am reading on ES about Haslet

Quote:
he's the defensive coordinator, but he hasn't hired any of his own coaches. He asked for a contract extension but didn't get it. If Lou Spanos hadn't left and take a d-coordinator job elsewhere, after Has blabbed our entire off-season plan to a fan (which they confirmed actually happened), Has would've gotten ****canned and Spanos would be d-coordinator, and basically, they way they dangled that carrot in front of Raheem to come here instead of take a coordinator job elsewhere is by promising him the job this year.

Also interesting that they suggest that not only does London not like Slowik (in fact, seems like no one does but Shanny), but London's not a big fan of Haslett either, which was one of the hurdles of re-signing him. So yeah, add all those things together, and it seems like the writing is on the wall for Has, unless **** turns around in a big way.
Perry Riley fans will get riled up reading this and a Vinny sucked draft grader

Potential RGIII Wallpaper

Last edited by RandyHolt: 04-14-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Old
04-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Capitlols

I don't buy Raheem being D coordinator, that would mean a shift back to a 4-3 and installing a new Tampa 2 defense.

Although I'm not a huge fan of Haslett either. He offers no creativity with his defense.

Old
04-14-2012, 11:37 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Yeah it sounds a bit quirkly. but Haslet had to learn the 3-4 too. If true there is a pattern forming. Square peg round hole pound away.

I thought the 11 man front was creative. The 11-0.

Old
04-14-2012, 12:28 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Yeah it sounds a bit quirkly. but Haslet had to learn the 3-4 too. If true there is a pattern forming. Square peg round hole pound away.

I thought the 11 man front was creative. The 11-0.
Wrt to creativity. His blitzes are very vanilla and its pretty obvious whose coming, like the 3rd and long vs. the 'Boys.

Old
04-14-2012, 12:43 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
Wrt to creativity. His blitzes are very vanilla and its pretty obvious whose coming, like the 3rd and long vs. the 'Boys.
Its why I haven't warmed to our 3-4. Colleges don't run 3-4 so we draft stud 4-3 DE's that anyone could guess.... have never pass covered. While Kerrigan was better than Rak in coverage, I saw Kerrigan as our best rusher. So the offense knew both were coming. The beauty of the 3-4, the offense doesn't know who is coming... I thought.

We moved to it long before we had troops for it. No nose, its almost a waste of time. Even Cofield came to earth. As a finesse nose, they are just few and far between. Bryant was the best we had, Kemo was getting blown up.

We bring in Haslet who had a tiny taste of a 3-4 in Pitt. Otherwise he was almost a noob.

But two years ago, in like game 10, we saw a few awesome looking blitzes that worked, like the ones that do on us, guys untouched. But we never saw them again. I wouldn't mind if we **** can him. Slowik sounds a complete ass.

Hell make Fletch a coach one day.

Old
04-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Its why I haven't warmed to our 3-4. Colleges don't run 3-4 so we draft stud 4-3 DE's that anyone could guess.... have never pass covered. While Kerrigan was better than Rak in coverage, I saw Kerrigan as our best rusher. So the offense knew both were coming. The beauty of the 3-4, the offense doesn't know who is coming... I thought.

We moved to it long before we had troops for it. No nose, its almost a waste of time. Even Cofield came to earth. As a finesse nose, they are just few and far between. Bryant was the best we had, Kemo was getting blown up.

We bring in Haslet who had a tiny taste of a 3-4 in Pitt. Otherwise he was almost a noob.

But two years ago, in like game 10, we saw a few awesome looking blitzes that worked, like the ones that do on us, guys untouched. But we never saw them again. I wouldn't mind if we **** can him. Slowik sounds a complete ass.

Hell make Fletch a coach one day.
Yeah not many colleges run a 3-4, Alabama is the most prominent program that does.

I found it interesting that near the end of the year Haslett ran a few 4-3 sets and Kerrigan and Orakpo looked a lot more comfortable rushing the passer. Not against going back to a 4-3 and the transition wouldnt be as drastic as moving to a 3-4. I would care less if they canned Haslett, if they wanted to continue a 3-4 Wade Phillips would of been a great option...

Old
04-14-2012, 08:44 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

The ideal scenario is to have a defense that can play both the 3-4 and 4-3. That was the idea put forth by Shanahan when he was hired. He wanted to mirror what the Patriots do. 3-4 base, but have the players to run whatever gives the defense the best matchup based on their opponent.

Having said all that, a lot of turnover in the secondary. That means the front 7 really needs to take over games. The front 7 returns plus add Jenkins to the line rotation and I can see the front 7 being dominate this year. Here is hoping though.

Old
04-17-2012, 06:22 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Jsteelz‏@JsteelzextremeReply

Dirty 30 noshows at his new teams first get tog..dont ever change bro...never change

Old
04-17-2012, 07:00 PM
Cush
-inator

Schedule: http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2012/REG/REDSKINS

First two games are on the road. Only 1 prime time game. plus Thanksgiving

Old
04-17-2012, 07:03 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cush View Post
Schedule: http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2012/REG/REDSKINS

First two games are on the road. Only 1 prime time game
Who gives a ****. Skins at the Crackboys on Thanksgiving. All I need.

Old
04-17-2012, 07:09 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Other notable games for me besides the usual NFC East games:

Week #1 Sept. 9th: @Saints - Catching the Saints at the right time.
Week #5 Oct. 7th: vsFalcons
Week #8 Oct. 28th: @Steelers
Week #9 Nov. 4th: vsPanthers - Cam vs RG3. Should be a good one.
Week #14 Dec. 9th: vsCrows - Must win or I will never hear the end of it from my in-laws.
Week #15 Dec. 16th: @Browns - The "We got the shaft" Bowl.
Week $17 Dec. 30th: vsCrackboys - Nice way to end the season.

Old
04-17-2012, 07:10 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Other notable games for me besides the usual NFC East games:

Week #1 Sept. 9th: @Saints - Catching the Saints at the right time.
Week #5 Oct. 7th: vsFalcons
Week #8 Oct. 28th: @Steelers
Week #9 Nov. 4th: vsPanthers - Cam vs RG3. Should be a good one.
Week #14 Dec. 9th: vsCrows - Must win or I will never hear the end of it from my in-laws.
Week #15 Dec. 16th: @Browns - The "We got the shaft" Bowl.
Week $17 Dec. 30th: vsCrackboys - Nice way to end the season.
My first guess at the Skins record based on this schedule: 7-9

Closed Thread