HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Unofficial Rumor/Proposal Thread. Offseason Recon Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2012, 09:04 PM
n00b1AnPr1nc355

vCash: 500
If I were serious about making the playoffs next year, I would offer gagner to montreal in exchange for bourque. They are looking to go a different direction and bourque doesnt seem happy there.

Old
04-14-2012, 09:07 PM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b1AnPr1nc355 View Post
If I were serious about making the playoffs next year, I would offer gagner to montreal in exchange for bourque. They are looking to go a different direction and bourque doesnt seem happy there.
HELL NO! Bourque had an awful season and is much older.

Why all this hate on Gagner? Yeah he's not the ideal 2C, but he's better than the ****ing peanuts you're offering him for.

Old
04-14-2012, 09:12 PM
t0nedeff

vCash: 562
lmao. So if we're serious about the playoffs we need to lose a center and pick up a winger. Essentially moving Horcoff back to 2c. Yep, makes sense.

Old
04-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Johnny Bravo
Fired Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0nedeff View Post
lmao. So if we're serious about the playoffs we need to lose a center and pick up a winger. Essentially moving Horcoff back to 2c. Yep, makes sense.
After seeing the emotion Dubinsky has, i wouldn't mind picking him up, and sliding him into the #2 spot. Then trade gags for D.

Old
04-14-2012, 09:27 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Can we all agree Gagner at center with Hall and Ebs was the best he's looked if not ever at least since his rookie year?

Why not let him ride their coat tails effectively and let Nuge and Yakupov find their own holder onto. Be it Paajarvi Harktikanen Pitlick whoever.

Old
04-14-2012, 09:35 PM
Johnny Bravo
Fired Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
Can we all agree Gagner at center with Hall and Ebs was the best he's looked if not ever at least since his rookie year?

Why not let him ride their coat tails effectively and let Nuge and Yakupov find their own holder onto. Be it Paajarvi Harktikanen Pitlick whoever.
if Yakupov could use Nuge the same way he used galchenyuk..... Well, look out.

Old
04-14-2012, 09:36 PM
oilwings

This might not get it done but I would try getting the Islanders pick @4th if Columbus chooses Murray. 2012 2nd round pick, 2013 1st round pick, Anaheim 2013 2nd round pick, Gagner, MP, and Smid for the 4th overall pick. Take Yakupov and Galchenyuk or Grigorenko. Most likely the Habs will take Grigorenko. We then reunite Yakupov and Galchenyuk. We will be set for the next 10yrs.

Sign Justin Shultz. Go after Suter and Wideman. If we're lucky all 3 of them sign then we'll be set on D and top 6.

Hall RNH Eberle
Yakupov Galchenyuk Hemsky

Suter Wideman
N.Shultz Petry
J.Shultz Whitney
Potter Sutton

We'll finally have a NHL caliber dcore and a Very young top 6 with Size. Only Eberle and Yakupov are under 6'.

Old
04-14-2012, 09:37 PM
CupofOil
Visually, we suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soothsayer View Post
But he isn't NOT working. By that I mean he isn't the reason we are losing games. He is still productive offensively. Whether there are better options available (key word) is a whole different story.
He's not the reason that the team is winning games either in the rare occasion when they do win. The problem with Gagner is that he's perfectly mediocre and he always has been and for a skilled player like him who has gotten spoonfed minutes since he came into the NHL and who has played with highly skilled player at times, you would figure that he would break 50 pts just once. It's been 4 full seasons now.

I agree that there is no reason to trade him now unless we bring back an upgrade at center because we don't have anybody on the roster or in the pipeline to replace him next season but he is not a long term solution here. This team will never be a contender with him as the #2C especially considering the type of forwards surrounding him in the top 6. If we had a Getzlaf type of center or players like Perry, Hartnell or Simmonds on the wing then i suppose that Gagner could work at center for a while but that's not the case so he'll need to be moved eventually.

Old
04-14-2012, 09:38 PM
Matador

A lot of Capital fans are talking as if Green has lost a spot on the team going forward and are open to trading him.

We could trade for him, but, he simply isn't worth what it will cost to qualify (5.25 million) at this moment in time, and may never be again. This is a major risk to take on a team that will have multiple $5.5m+ extensions due over the next couple years. You can offer him a 1yr contract, but I believe he hits UFA right after that.

Old
04-14-2012, 09:38 PM
Johnny Bravo
Fired Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwings View Post
This might not get it done but I would try getting the Islanders pick @4th if Columbus chooses Murray. 2012 2nd round pick, 2013 1st round pick, Anaheim 2013 2nd round pick, Gagner, MP, and Smid for the 4th overall pick. Take Yakupov and Galchenyuk or Grigorenko. Most likely the Habs will take Grigorenko. We then reunite Yakupov and Galchenyuk. We will be set for the next 10yrs.

Sign Justin Shultz. Go after Suter and Wideman. If we're lucky all 3 of them sign then we'll be set on D and top 6.

Hall RNH Eberle
Yakupov Galchenyuk Hemsky

Suter Wideman
N.Shultz Petry
J.Shultz Whitney
Potter Sutton
No way we trade smid. Also if anyone play left wing it will be hemsky not yakupov.

Old
04-14-2012, 09:43 PM
oilwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallsgotTigerBlood View Post
No way we trade smid. Also if anyone play left wing it will be hemsky not yakupov.
The Islanders are looking for a top 6 dman. If we sign Suter, Wideman, J. Shultz then we have no use for Smid. Gotta pay up to get the 4th pick especially when you can unite Yakupov and his best friend Galchenyuk together.

If Smid goes UFA after next year we can re sign him.

Old
04-14-2012, 09:45 PM
Qrispy

Quote:
The Islanders are looking for a top 6 dman. If we sign Suter, Wideman, J. Shultz then we have no use for Smid. Gotta pay up to get the 4th pick especially when you can unite Yakupov and his best friend Galchenyuk together.
Wideman sucks, Suter won't sign here. We have a good chance at Schultz, though, but Smid is our best defenseman right now. No way he's getting traded.

Old
04-14-2012, 09:46 PM
Johnny Bravo
Fired Up

Quote:
It would be awesome, but I don't think it will happen. NYI would be a good trading partner. They have enough prospects.

Old
04-14-2012, 09:47 PM
Johnny Bravo
Fired Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boco View Post
Wideman sucks, Suter won't sign here. We have a good chance at Schultz, though, but Smid is our best defenseman right now. No way he's getting traded.
Are you talking about the wideman who was at the all star this year. Because if that's the case, you are sadly mistaken

Old
04-14-2012, 09:48 PM
Spawn

Quote:

If Smid goes UFA after next year we can re sign him.
So, just go get this clear.

Oilers sign:
Suter
Wideman
J. Schultz

Trade Ladislav Smid for 4th overall pick

Roll with

Suter-Petry
Wideman-Schultz
Schultz-Whitney

Then after next season we re-sign Ladi and I guess let Whitney go?

Suter-Petry
Wideman-Schultz
Schultz-Smid

?

I like your thinking. Donno how plausible it is, but I'd love it haha!

Old
04-14-2012, 09:51 PM
oilwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
So, just go get this clear.

Oilers sign:
Suter
Wideman
J. Schultz

Trade Ladislav Smid for 4th overall pick

Roll with

Suter-Petry
Wideman-Schultz
Schultz-Whitney

Then after next season we re-sign Ladi and I guess let Whitney go?

Suter-Petry
Wideman-Schultz
Schultz-Smid

?

I like your thinking. Donno how plausible it is, but I'd love it haha!
We re-sign Laddi, Whitney goes. We also pay the NYI 3 picks to secure the 4th overall pick.

Old
04-14-2012, 09:53 PM
oilwings

Quote:
Wideman does not. Has a bomb from the point. It gives us 4 PP dmen. Our PP would be the best next yr all yr.

Old
04-14-2012, 09:56 PM
Qrispy

Quote:
Wideman does not. Has a bomb from the point. It gives us 4 PP dmen. Our PP would be the best next yr all yr.
He's not good defensively but I see you want to drop Whitney and then re-sign Smid. What are the chances of that happening? It's just not very realistic.

Old
04-14-2012, 10:03 PM
oilwings

Quote:
He's not good defensively but I see you want to drop Whitney and then re-sign Smid. What are the chances of that happening? It's just not very realistic.
If Smid does love Edmonton, he'll re-sign and I'm confident he does after he gets a taste of NYI. Edmonton has a chance here to really solidify the top 6 with size for the next decade.

Old
04-14-2012, 10:12 PM
wingnut83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
A lot of Capital fans are talking as if Green has lost a spot on the team going forward and are open to trading him.

We could trade for him, but, he simply isn't worth what it will cost to qualify (5.25 million) at this moment in time, and may never be again. This is a major risk to take on a team that will have multiple $5.5m+ extensions due over the next couple years. You can offer him a 1yr contract, but I believe he hits UFA right after that.
The Oil want no part of Green. Bad defenseman and very over rated. The only thing he does well, is hes pretty good with the puck at the top of the circle in the O-zone,
he can pick the corners pretty good.

Old
04-14-2012, 10:13 PM
oilwings

and if the Islanders wants OMark they can have him too. Next yrs draft is pretty strong so Snow might consider it since he's getting boat load for a 4th pick.

Gagner (very good friends with JT)
MP
Smid
Omark (Wants out)
2012 2nd Round pick
2013 1st round pick
Anaheim 2013 2nd round pick

We walk away with Yakupov and Galchenyuk.

Edited.

Old
04-14-2012, 10:17 PM
Johnny Bravo
Fired Up

Quote:
and if the Islanders wants OMark they can have him too. Next yrs draft is pretty strong so Snow might consider it since he's getting boat load for a 4th pick.

Gagner
MP
Smid
Omark
2012 2nd Round pick
2013 1st round pick

HOLY Overpayment

Old
04-14-2012, 10:20 PM
oilwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallsgotTigerBlood View Post
HOLY Overpayment
Overpayment, yes. Gotta pay to get Snow considering. Hall wants to WIN NOW, not 5 yrs from now. A chance to get a franchise centreman. Wang does not want a winning team until he gets a new arena. It gives them a boat load of options moving forward.

Old
04-14-2012, 10:24 PM
ales83fan

Just a tweet/rumour, Smyth was in Phoenix watching warm uos for the coyotes.

New team perhaps? haha

Old
04-14-2012, 10:28 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:

Gagner (very good friends with JT)
MP
Smid
Omark (Wants out)
2012 2nd Round pick
2013 1st round pick

Edited.
Get real

Closed Thread