HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF | Game 1 | (6)Blackhawks @ (3)Coyotes | 7PM |4-12-12|FSA+ NBCSN RDS CSN Chicago

Old
04-13-2012, 04:45 PM
awfulwaffle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
Almost decked the Hawk fan behind me. He had the most annoying voice ever (Chicago accent, and high pitched). He was the biggest homer ever (Every time the Coyotes hit a hawk it was a penelty, or a trip) and kept talking crap about the Coyotes fan base. I controlled myself well, but tomorrow I'm bring a giant sign to piss him off.

And yes, they did play the goal horn.
Gotta love the playoffs. Swallow the whistles and let them hit. Coyotes were fierce on the ice. Hanzal/Doan/Torres were the 3 that come to mind as just players I wouldn't want to be in the sight line of. Klesla had a massive hit too.

I loved the wrestling shove to the ice that Doan did behind the net though. Dude wants it, and I love it.

awfulwaffle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

Quote:
Almost decked the Hawk fan behind me. He had the most annoying voice ever (Chicago accent, and high pitched). He was the biggest homer ever (Every time the Coyotes hit a hawk it was a penelty, or a trip) and kept talking crap about the Coyotes fan base. I controlled myself well, but tomorrow I'm bring a giant sign to piss him off.

And yes, they did play the goal horn.
Just tell him that the Cubs will win the World Series before the Hawks win the Cup again.

Scottrocks58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 04:53 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 View Post
Just tell him that the Cubs will win the World Series before the Hawks win the Cup again.
Best part about the guy is that the dude next to me and his 6 year old sun were yelling "SUCK IT" at him when Hanzal won it.

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 05:05 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

That Hanzal goal might go down as one of the most important in Coyotes history.

Scottrocks58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 05:17 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

That Hanzal...he's SO HOT right now!

And I hope he continues to be hot.

All of the UNusual suspects stepping up at the right time. Vermette, Pyatt (OMG, PYATT! He is actually DOING SOMETHING other than being big and having blue eyes) and Hanzal.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 05:46 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post

I loved the wrestling shove to the ice that Doan did behind the net though. Dude wants it, and I love it.
He was probably ticked that Weber beat him to the wrestling move, though.

GiveAFlyingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 05:58 PM
CitizenCoyote

I was pretty amazed at the ratio of Yotes to Blackhawks fans last night. I agree with 90/10. I thought it would be different, because it was a lower ratio during the regular season Chicago games.

There are a few areas in the arena that seemed to get a concentration of Hawks fans -- I think they were mostly the seats that Yotes fans don't buy. Like, some glass seats, and the lower level area behind where the Yotes shoot once during regulation. The upper deck was even less than 90/10, I would estimate.

(As an aside, one irony of having the largest group of Blackhawks fans behind the visitor's goal is that was where the winning goal was scored, so they were the first to know. I guess I haven't paid enough attention, but when did they change the rule that you alternate goals in OT? I thought it used to stay third-period set up for all overtimes.)

Anyway, after the last two years of Red Wings, it was just such a pleasure to be at that game last night. From the crowd singing the Anthem (a neat unintended tradition that started with a battery failure!), to being unable to hear the pregame production, to never being able to hear the goal horn. Although, on the first two goals, the horn went late because the light was slow and the puck was in and out of the net so fast.

There's really nothing in sports like a home overtime playoff win for your favorite team. While I would have preferred to have seen the last 14 seconds just go by without a Hawks' goal, that's only the second time I've ever seen that, and I've seen a lot of hockey. (The first was in 1986 and the guy who scored it coaches the Panthers -- time flies.)

CitizenCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 06:21 PM
OKHoosier41218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 View Post
The crowd noise was absolutely off the scale. I think that it was drowned out. Initially I didn't even think that they used the horn but people have heard it (barely) over the crowd noise on their DVRs.
It was pretty loud on the Coyotes radio feed. That was awesome to hear. I had it turned up for effect.

OKHoosier41218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 06:28 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Patrick wants us to sing nice and loud tomorrow, so rest your vocal cords tonight!

Old
04-13-2012, 06:29 PM
ScottsdaleYote

Quote:
Best part about the guy is that the dude next to me and his 6 year old sun were yelling "SUCK IT" at him when Hanzal won it.
Are you in section 121 row M? Because you are describing the same Black Hawk fan that annyoyed me all night, and I did yell "Suck it Hawks!" after we won

Most Hawk fans were fine though...a little cocky after regulation, but far better than the Oakland Raider-like contingent of Det fans we've seen the last 2 years.

ScottsdaleYote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 12:51 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Yep, it was $80. A little pricey for a screen printed jersey but they did look pretty cool! If they would've had my size I was seriously considering it.
I picked one up after work from the Just Sports at FIESTA MALL of all places. Haha. I don't think there was a person in that store that had any idea what in the world I was trying on. They probably wondered which goalkeeper from which futbol team wears that weird kit. Haha.

I really like the jersey, though. I hope to be at next Saturday's game if the series goes that far.

04-14-2012, 09:03 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

We took a trip to Wal-Mart today - I was wearing my Vermette shirt with the full Coyote on front, son rockin' his white-out shirt and autographed hat. Ran into a family decked out with SCP Coyotes shirts.

Pretty cool, I've never actually run into anyone outside of a game wearing the Coyotes stuff. And on a non-game day, too!

Old
04-14-2012, 09:17 AM
mitch27

Quote:
Originally Posted by frackiewicz View Post
We took a trip to Wal-Mart today - I was wearing my Vermette shirt with the full Coyote on front, son rockin' his white-out shirt and autographed hat. Ran into a family decked out with SCP Coyotes shirts.

Pretty cool, I've never actually run into anyone outside of a game wearing the Coyotes stuff. And on a non-game day, too!
Today is a game day

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 09:24 PM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

Damn you TSN! You have two channels, one is showing the St. Louis Blues winning 3-0 against the San Jose Sharks. The other's showing NASCAR. I get to watch the Coyotes game at around what, the 10 minute mark of the second period. For Game One, they cut in to the Coyotes game at around 6:50 of the second period. :'(

Winnipeg Jet is offline   Reply With Quote