HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Allan Walsh calls out Don Brennan

Old
04-14-2012, 04:11 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicSmashbomb View Post
I'd bet money that Brennan was one of the guys Kovalev was talking about when he mentioned guys covering the teams were drunks.
Definitely is. I can't see too many other people who follow the Sens doing that.

GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicSmashbomb View Post
I'd bet money that Brennan was one of the guys Kovalev was talking about when he mentioned guys covering the teams were drunks.
No doubt. Denis wasn't even with the team last year was he? I can barely remember the beginning of the season. It feels like last season lol.

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
misha1976

The Sun is a scurrilous rag that trades in manufacturing 'controversy' and outrage over silly things in a style that a fifth grader could understand. Why is everyone shocked? It's the Sun. It's what they do.

misha1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 04:16 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha1976 View Post
The Sun is a scurrilous rag that trades in manufacturing 'controversy' and outrage over silly things in a style that a fifth grader could understand. Why is everyone shocked? It's the Sun. It's what they do.
As a life rule, I am friends with anyone who uses the word "Scurrilous" in the proper context.

Well played.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 04:17 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
No doubt. Denis wasn't even with the team last year was he? I can barely remember the beginning of the season. It feels like last season lol.
Denis was with our team, but do you seriously think he gets drunk going into games? I highly doubt it.

GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 04:18 PM
pepty

vCash: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthyScratches1200 View Post
It's a nice article. I agree with it. Michalek has been invisible for the past 1 game. He needs to step up and so does the rest of the team. GO SENS GO!

We can win tonight.
Yes,.I think there should be an insulting article for each player who doesn't play well for one (1) game,especially when virtually the whole team is in the same boat.

The Rangers were smothering the first line and they havent figured a way out of it yet.

Brennan has already taken hard runs at Spezza and Alfredsson the last time they were in the playoffs, so I guess he thinks its a good idea to target Michalek this time.

There is nothing wrong with saying a player didnt play well in a particular game but targeting one player after one game ...well its stupid and counter productive when Sens fans are encouraged to turn against their team or at least certain players like a pack of dogs when they are a game or two into the playoffs.

But that is what Brennan and the Sun pull every time the team makes the playoffs and that is a different thing altogether than calling it as you see it.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 04:18 PM
misha1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
As a life rule, I am friends with anyone who uses the word "Scurrilous" in the proper context.

Well played.
Haha. I do admit, I did have to check if it is spelled with one 'l' or two.

misha1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 04:21 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post
Not really, but I wanna see the team play with a lot more passion ad take game 2 in NY. I always feel like Michalek can do more. He should be a star player on this team at this stage when the half a dozen quality talented forwards are still in the SEL or juniors/minors.
Michalek's never been a star player, always been a complementary piece.

04-14-2012, 04:22 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
Denis was with our team, but do you seriously think he gets drunk going into games? I highly doubt it.
Haha it was a joke.

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Quo
I, too, don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
What? Good lord, no.

Don Brennan writes like a 4th grader with a severe lifelong hatred of paragraphs, punctuation, proper flow, good grammar, and the English language in general. He jumps from point to point like a locust jumping from plant to plant, leaving what once was a rich crop of information weltering, a wasteland of what once was potential journalism, ravaged by the barbarism of his awful work. He is the anti-journalist: so bad that good stories become trivial, slanted, and so overly editorialized that "fact" and "reason" no longer have any place to breathe.

No. Don Brennan is NOT a good writer, and this article is most definitely NOT well written.
Now that's good writing.

Quo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 04:37 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
Sure - Brennan should be writing nothing but praise for the Sens because you know everyone hates reading controversy and trolling...
People seem to take every little thing so personally, the article was funny but not in any way harsh or disrespectful to Michalek. Basically saying Ottawa needs him to step up & that's true. What people aren't saying about Brennan & in fact many here made fun of him because he was one of the few if not the only sports writer who said at the beginning of the yr that Ottawa would make the playoffs.

Of course, he has also said that he thinks NY will win in 7 games which is honest & not out of the question. I find that he mostly supports the Sens but a number of people don't like him because he is more old school & would like to see a tougher team. I don't always agree with him, but I do find him somewhat entertaining as I do with Garricoh as well. It's his opinion that's it, it means nothing.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 04:37 PM
lafite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
I'd like to read the article but I don't want to give the Sun page hits. When they're not making money from advertising, then they'll be done.
This. Sun media is Canada's version of Fox News, and should die a painful death. Probably financed by Airbus bag money.

lafite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 05:42 PM
TeamRenzo

I think people are being a little too over sensitive. I read the article this morning and didnt think it was over the top or too harsh.

Brennan is a bit of a stooge but his writing isnt that bad considering he is a sports writer for the Ottawa Sun. It is what it is...if you expect anymore you will be disappointed.

TeamRenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 06:34 PM
Xspyrit

When you look at the quality of media in Ottawa, you kinda understand why the fanbase sounds about the same at times...

A very bad habit to trash everything not named Daniel Alfredsson (and now Erik Karlsson). Everyone else get trashed regularly and a lot more time is spent about the trashing/blaming game than the game itself. People have to wisen up

Xspyrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 08:13 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
When you look at the quality of media in Ottawa, you kinda understand why the fanbase sounds about the same at times...

A very bad habit to trash everything not named Daniel Alfredsson (and now Erik Karlsson). Everyone else get trashed regularly and a lot more time is spent about the trashing/blaming game than the game itself. People have to wisen up
Oh Montreal is better? How many players have that franchise & fan base run out of town, some french players don't want to play there & for good reason. The place is a zoo & isn't that the same fan base that trashed there town after a playoff game. Get some perspective.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 08:13 PM
playasRus

Cue article on finding Spezza. Started out strong with some hits but hasn't done much except for that one stickhandling that lead to 1 good chance.

playasRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Ed Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha1976 View Post
You are correct Sir. I applaud you.

Ed Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 09:14 PM
armani
Guy Likes

vCash: 50
Neil!

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:06 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
it's the ottawa sun. Their user base is the idiots of ottawa. If you read it, you should be embarrassed.

04-14-2012, 10:14 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
Crappy article by a crappy writer.

However the article is not that inflammatory or worthy of attention. It's pointless drivel outside of the fact that it is undeniable: Michalek has not been all that effective in the playoffs in his career.

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:19 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 908
Brennan is a turd....

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote