HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

ECQF GAME #2 Rangers vs Sens

Old
04-14-2012, 10:24 PM
ValhallaRising

vCash: 500
Thanks Del Zotto!

ValhallaRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:24 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

If Hagelin does get a game then dress Kreider, Scott and bench Mitchell

poeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:25 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Dress Scott tackle Karrlson beat him up see who gets 3rd man in penalty
The kid is a great player what Boyle did first game was pathetic on his part. He never fights but than decides to fight a 5'11 175 swede. Real classy. He deserved every punch he got tonight, and atleast took it like a man somewhat but cost us making Dubi have to protect the 6'8 Boyle.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:25 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
Dress Krieder regardless and sit Mitchell for a game. Thats what i would do.

Old
04-14-2012, 10:27 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

He's not a scapegoat, but im finding it difficult to think of anything Mitchell is providing for this team right now.

He didn't do anything wrong, but he hasn't exactly done anything...

The power play is GARBAGE. ****ing disgraceful.

That's it, as far as im concerned, Kreider BETTER ****ing be dressed, in the lineup, on the piece of dog **** power play.

Mitchell out, Kreider in.

Hagelin. Richards. Gaborik
Kreider. Stepan. Callahan
Dubinsky. Boyle. Fedotenko
Rupp. Anisimov. Prust

Get four lines going that can do something.

No more waste of breath 3-4 minute scrubby lines. Get everyone contributing.

STOP sitting back with the ****ing lead. Go for the jugular for a ****ing change.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:27 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
This is a lesson for all the people who think Dubi has little value, if you couldint see the loss the team experienced without him.

The Top line was pathetic. Ricahrds was awful. Hagelin did not play well. Gaborik was the only one with some jump. Cally didnt do much, Anisimov was one of the only ones who showed some life. I think they should throw Krieder in the lineup over Mitchell or something, shake things up. they need a boost the team does not look good.
I think the top line was affected by the flow of the game. All the cheapshots and penalties really hurt them getting any kind of momentum, the same could be said for the Spezza line. Hardly heard them at all.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:28 PM
JimmyStart*

Can't wait to beat the Sens so we can laugh at all of HF Ott. They really think they were tougher and better. Homervision at its finest.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:30 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
I think the top line was affected by the flow of the game. All the cheapshots and penalties really hurt them getting any kind of momentum, the same could be said for the Spezza line. Hardly heard them at all.
Im still waiting for Richards to elevate his play and will be pretty pissed if he doesent. They need him to play better if they want to get anywhere. Hagelin also was just not himself and than hurt the line as he really creates for them.

Old
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
Can't wait to beat the Sens so we can laugh at all of HF Ott. They really think they were tougher and better. Homervision at its finest.
Just to clarify they are tougher and better because Carkner goes after Boyle from behind (Which is according to those idiots just as bad as Boyle throwing haymakers at EK). They're tougher and better b/c Hagelin took a 5 min major for no reason other than his own carelessness and then MDZ kicked the puck in his own net.

Old
theJUMPER

Quote:
Sit Mitchell?

Then who will Torts put in during the last 40 seconds of the power play?

theJUMPER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
truebluegoalie

Quote:
The kid is a great player what Boyle did first game was pathetic on his part. He never fights but than decides to fight a 5'11 175 swede. Real classy. He deserved every punch he got tonight, and atleast took it like a man somewhat but cost us making Dubi have to protect the 6'8 Boyle.
Disagree. Boyle was cheapshotted and blindsided tonight. If Ottawa wanted to make him pay they should have done what Bertuzzi did in the beginning of their game 2. He went after Weber and they squared off. That is how you make someone pay if you are pissed.
Not cheapshotting them and continuing to punch them when they are on the ice defensless.

2 completely different plays.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OverTheCap

At this point, I just want the Rangers to play with emotion and intensity for a full 60 in Game 3. I'm still confused as to why they were so disengaged after the Boyle goal. And to make matters worse, it was a home game, they should have been feeding off the crowd. They looked like they wanted no part of OT and were in a rush to hit up Warren 77 or something.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:32 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJUMPER View Post
Sit Mitchell?

Then who will Torts put in during the last 40 seconds of the power play?

poeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:32 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Thank god you're the one who said this because this is also a bad team. Makes it easy to totally dismiss your opinion.

Old
04-14-2012, 10:33 PM
ValhallaRising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
Did you say the same thing when Boyle did it to Karlsson last game?
No, we said " damn look at that little girl's hair flop around like a beyotch!"

Old
04-14-2012, 10:34 PM
theJUMPER

Quote:
In!

I just looked up Mitchell's ice time:

Total 4:31

PP: 2:48 :facepalm

I. Just. Don't. Get. It.

theJUMPER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
satrabyk

The PP is way to ****ing cute. Del Zotto and Richards spend way to much planning the break out rather than simply making a simple play and gaining the zone there alway looking for a stupid long pass to Gaborik. Once they get in guys are flat footed and making every pass very predictable. I honestly think Stralman would be a better fit to run the PP than anyone out there right now. Hes simple and skilled thats what we need. I also dont get why Mcd doesent get PP time with the Offensive game he has shown. He and Stralman would be my two guys at the back on the PP and see how it goes. I also think Richards should not be playing 2 mins a PP the way he is performing on it.

Last edited by Guerzy: 04-14-2012 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Do not circumvent the profanity filter.
Old
gaels22

should have never stopped going after karlsson and their top guys. we have to match their physicality without taking unnecessary penalties

gaels22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValhallaRising View Post
Thanks Del Zotto!
Del Zotto isn't to blame here. Yeah, he had the own goal, but he made up for that by creating Boyle's goal.

Stepan has yet to show up. Hagelin--after his penalty--played WAY too tentative. Gaborik looked so much like last year's version that I thought I was in a time warp. On the Sens' game tying goal, Gabby was coasting through the neutral zone. He didn't even TRY to challenge the Sens' player carrying the puck right past him.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:36 PM
Broadway Brad

Zenon Konopka: "There's going to be a lot of stitches and blood before this series is over."

Broadway Brad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Ron Jeremy

Quote:
Disagree. Boyle was cheapshotted and blindsided tonight. If Ottawa wanted to make him pay they should have done what Bertuzzi did in the beginning of their game 2. He went after Weber and they squared off. That is how you make someone pay if you are pissed.
Not cheapshotting them and continuing to punch them when they are on the ice defensless.

2 completely different plays.
Boyle stood there like a loser with his hands at his sides taking 3-4 punches before he went down. He had his chance to engage like a man, but he turtled.

Ron Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
Thank god you're the one who said this because this is also a bad team. Makes it easy to totally dismiss your opinion.
wtf you talking about? You attack a guy like Karlsson you gotta expect to get it back esp when your double the size and its Ott only hope of advancing.

Last edited by Guerzy: 04-14-2012 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Deleted flaming comment.
Old
04-14-2012, 10:37 PM
smoneil

Quote:
The PP is way to ****ing cute. Del Zotto and Richards spend way to much planning the break out rather than simply making a simple play and gaining the zone there alway looking for a stupid long pass to Gaborik. Once they get in guys are flat footed and making every pass very predictable. I honestly think Stralman would be a better fit to run the PP than anyone out there right now. Hes simple and skilled thats what we need. I also dont get why Mcd doesent get PP time with the Offensive game he has shown. He and Stralman would be my two guys at the back on the PP and see how it goes. I also think Richards should not be playing 2 mins a PP the way he is performing on it.

Agreed. If the Sens are going to send two guys on the PK forecheck, the Rangers D needs to make a quick outlet pass and they will have an odd-man rush. They seem too content to just circle around behind Lundqvist (and they STILL cough up the puck to the other team every now and then).

Last edited by Guerzy: 04-14-2012 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Edited quoted post.
smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:37 PM
mrjimmyg89
16 wins to go

It took a goal off of one of our players, a goal that was scored off of 2 shots that got blocked and a goal that was scored when there was a legit pile up in the crease. I don't think we have to worry about much. Not having Dubi hurt a lot. He's a big PKer, a good F/O guy and helps provide skill along the boards. We lacked in those areas tonight and with Dubi in for next game, I don't see them losing in Ottawa.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:40 PM
ValhallaRising

Quote:
gtfo. The first shot was a cheapshot he never even saw coming right into his jaw. never even had a chance. He squared up and answered with Neil when he wasn't blindsided.
This