Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

OA's Likely To Be Moved

Old
04-10-2012, 07:18 AM
Maverick41

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
I respectfully disagree. I think there is a reasonable chance Pearson will be back. I think it's likely he'll go in the 2nd round or later especially given his injury.

Niderberger will be back in the OHL, though maybe not with te Colts. Telegin would absolutely be kept as an OA (he may be the best player in the OHL since the new year) but he'll surely be in St. John's.

I expect te Colts will have to choose three of Beyers, Buonomo, Hartwick, Niederberger, O'Connor and Pearson. I expect it will be Beyers, Buonomo, O'Connor and Pearson until the deadline, at which point they would reassess.
Have you heard anything about Niederberger staying in the OHL?
I am asking because there are rumours floating around in Germany that he might be heading back to Germany to play in the DEL next season.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Racer14
Always Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
Have you heard anything about Niederberger staying in the OHL?
I am asking because there are rumours floating around in Germany that he might be heading back to Germany to play in the DEL next season.
He will not be back.....He is hoping for a shot at an NHL camo, but yes, expect him back in Germany.

Racer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:54 PM
ImaBullsfan

The Bulls will have a few options with the overagers next year:
Stephen Silas*
Branden Morris
Joesph Cramarossa *
Jason Shaw *
The three with * most likely to return, but if Silas returns he might be trade bait during the year. The young team must aquire some toughness before the next season.

ImaBullsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:56 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
The Bulls will have a few options with the overagers next year:
Stephen Silas*
Branden Morris
Joesph Cramarossa *
Jason Shaw *
The three with * most likely to return, but if Silas returns he might be trade bait during the year. The young team must aquire some toughness before the next season.
Stephen Silas for Derek Mathers straight up?

defensehockey19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:10 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
But those that I can recall have always been a 6th or 7th round pick. From early indications at least, he might be a higher pick.
Great point. It will interesting to see where he goes. Had he had the opportunity to shine in the playoffs, I think he was destined for a late first round selection. Right now, based on the central scouting rankings, he projects to be a late 2nd/ early 3rd rounder. Before the injury he was ranked in the mid 40s overall. The lack of spotlight lately might drop him further. Dalton Prout was a 6th rounder, but physically, at least, he was more ready for the AHL than Tanner presently is and he came back for his OA year. Is there that much difference between a 3rd (or 4th) rounder and a 6th rounder? When they're drafted at 20, I'm not sure. I think ultimately it is going to come down to the team that selects him.

krazy kanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Great point. It will interesting to see where he goes. Had he had the opportunity to shine in the playoffs, I think he was destined for a late first round selection. Right now, based on the central scouting rankings, he projects to be a late 2nd/ early 3rd rounder. Before the injury he was ranked in the mid 40s overall. The lack of spotlight lately might drop him further. Dalton Prout was a 6th rounder, but physically, at least, he was more ready for the AHL than Tanner presently is and he came back for his OA year. Is there that much difference between a 3rd (or 4th) rounder and a 6th rounder? When they're drafted at 20, I'm not sure. I think ultimately it is going to come down to the team that selects him.
Also the style of game they player. Pearson is also a forward.

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Racer14
Always Watching

Quote:
Completely agree....I would say it is 50/50 right now....

I hope, as a guy who likes him and his family, that he gets an AHL job and makes a living playing this game. But as a Colts fan, I hope he comes back! haha.

Racer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:31 AM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer14 View Post
Completely agree....I would say it is 50/50 right now....

I hope, as a guy who likes him and his family, that he gets an AHL job and makes a living playing this game. But as a Colts fan, I hope he comes back! haha.
The paradox of the junior hockey fan! I agree 100%.

krazy kanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 07:35 PM
battfan888

Brampton has 6 possible OA's next year on the current roster

Sam Carrick, Philip Lane, Cameron Wind, Derek Froats, Alex O'Neil and Keegan Wilson.

Lane and Wind should be back for sure, Carrick obviously would be the 3rd OA but I'm thinking there is a very good chance he sticks with the Marlies in the A next year.

I'm thinking Alex O'Neil has played his last game in a Brampton uni (he has been out since January). I'm thinking Wilson will be gone as well, no need in wasting an OA spot on your backup goalie, he has done well though so maybe he will land somewhere else in the O.

I could see Froats getting traded in the off season for a pick or something. Nothing against the guy but if Carrick doesnt come back I think we are better off with an open OA slot that we can pick up some scoring with.

battfan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 07:58 PM
defensehockey19

Didn't realize how bad Froats' offensive numbers are? Deffensive forward? Character guy? What did it take too aquire him..

Old
04-11-2012, 09:37 PM
FrontenacSens

Froats is a grinder that will get you 15-20 points. He was traded for Adam Lloyd.

FrontenacSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 07:40 AM
seen em all

Oshawa has a surplus of OA's Labardo,Sabourin,Thomas,Clark,Graves,Petgrave,Quin n,Schemitsch,Baillie.I would think that the only 3 that might be back are Thomas,Petgrave,Schemitsch, then again they could also be good trade bait, I presume that Oshawa will try and trade some of their OA's. Labardo, Graves,Quinn,Clark I think are done in Oshawa,Sabourin and Baillie will be back until the trade deadline or until Thomas and Schemitsch either come back from AHL camps.

seen em all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 07:43 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by seen em all View Post
Oshawa has a surplus of OA's Labardo,Sabourin,Thomas,Clark,Graves,Petgrave,Quin n,Schemitsch,Baillie.I would think that the only 3 that might be back are Thomas,Petgrave,Schemitsch, then again they could also be good trade bait, I presume that Oshawa will try and trade some of their OA's. Labardo, Graves,Quinn,Clark I think are done in Oshawa,Sabourin and Baillie will be back until the trade deadline or until Thomas and Schemitsch either come back from AHL camps.
Thomas not going to be in the A?... Was hoping for that as a Petes fan.

Old
04-13-2012, 12:05 AM
battfan888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddz17 View Post
Froats is a grinder that will get you 15-20 points. He was traded for Adam Lloyd.
I have nothing against Froats at all, but considering how many possible OA's we have and what our needs are in 12-13 I just think there isnt a spot for him on this team.

battfan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 03:32 PM
FrontenacSens

Quote:
Originally Posted by battfan888 View Post
I have nothing against Froats at all, but considering how many possible OA's we have and what our needs are in 12-13 I just think there isnt a spot for him on this team.
It would be awesome for Kingston to get him back but there's no room for him(too many forwards).

FrontenacSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Smashhouse92

If anything they Keep Silas, Cramarossa and Shaw for sure, Maybe look to make a trade with Someone for Morris. Im not sure what you can get for a guy who has played 108 Games with 2 Goals 15 Assists with a -32 but im sure a young team who doesnt have many OA's might take a chance at him.

Neiderberger might even be taken in the 6th or 7th round of the Draft if not then im sure he will get an Invite to the Rookie Camp Games and Training camp if not then i guess its Pro in Germany.

Carrick will be in the AHL next Season as he just signed a 3yr EL Contract a week or 2 ago and my guess is Wilson was a 1 year and done as most teams dont keep OA Goalies unless they have a 15 yr old in Junior

Smashhouse92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:42 PM
bruinsherewego

Quote:
If anything they Keep Silas, Cramarossa and Shaw for sure, Maybe look to make a trade with Someone for Morris. Im not sure what you can get for a guy who has played 108 Games with 2 Goals 15 Assists with a -32 but im sure a young team who doesnt have many OA's might take a chance at him.
I don't think the Bulls can afford to keep Two O/A d-men. They Need to address their low Goal scoring problems.

Last edited by bruinsherewego: 04-14-2012 at 10:56 PM.
bruinsherewego is offline   Reply With Quote