HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF GAME #2 Rangers vs Sens

Old
04-14-2012, 10:42 PM
nyrfan519

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
gtfo. The first shot was a cheapshot he never even saw coming right into his jaw. never even had a chance. He squared up and answered with Neil when he wasn't blindsided.
People also seem to want to neglect the fact that since Boyle was given a cheap shot, he knew Carkner would be penalized, so he figured he would ensure that his team would get a nice PP if he didn't take Carkner's bait. What ensued was despicable and gutless on Carkner's part.

nyrfan519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:42 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Disagree. Boyle was cheapshotted and blindsided tonight. If Ottawa wanted to make him pay they should have done what Bertuzzi did in the beginning of their game 2. He went after Weber and they squared off. That is how you make someone pay if you are pissed.
Not cheapshotting them and continuing to punch them when they are on the ice defensless.

2 completely different plays.
Wow i see some Ranger goggles going on here. Boyle could have fought, he had the chance to fight he didnt, hes not a fighter Hurt the team tonight, yes he scored but if your going to fight Karlsson rather than turtle and try and limit the consequence give the Ott enforcer the benefit of the doubt of a fight and he didnt do that.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:43 PM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Quote:
gtfo. The first shot was a cheapshot he never even saw coming right into his jaw. never even had a chance. He squared up and answered with Neil when he wasn't blindsided.
Yeah so if this is the case Rupp should just drop Spezza or Karlsson every shift, because Rupp's not a goon, Spezza and Karlsson are *****es for turtling

Hollywood Hulk Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:44 PM
nyrfan519

Not saying that what Boyle did to Karlsson in Game 1 was OK, but people putting it in the same league as this Carkner BS must have some serious mental issues.

Old
04-14-2012, 10:46 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Wow i see some Ranger goggles going on here. Boyle could have fought, he had the chance to fight he didnt, hes not a fighter Hurt the team tonight, yes he scored but if your going to fight Karlsson rather than turtle and try and limit the consequence give the Ott enforcer the benefit of the doubt of a fight and he didnt do that.
Did you watch the game? He did fight, he fought Neil and lost because he isn't much of a fighter, but the point is that he answered when it was a fair fight.
How about I come to your house, punch you square in the jaw when you aren't looking and see how you react.
The point is that it is obvious the first punch really stunned him and he couldn't recover, no turtling. What was gutless was Carkner continuing to punch him on the ice and the ref just watching.

Tonight in the STL/SJ game when the player was down on the ice the other guy stopped and both the linesman and ref jumped in to stop it.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:47 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan519 View Post
Not saying that what Boyle did to Karlsson in Game 1 was OK, but people putting it in the same league as this Carkner BS must have some serious mental issues.
Mental issues its like a Man fighting a boy in Karlsson and two Man fighting in Carkner and Boyle whats more crazy? I understand they want to get in Karlsson face hes possibly the best player on the ice and they want to get him off his game but what he did was crossing the line esp with the age of the player and the size difference. You had to expect something worse and thats the point. And top it off we lose Dubinsky who could have been a difference maker. If Boyle shows some resistance Dubi still plays.

Old
04-14-2012, 10:48 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Mental issues its like a Man fighting a boy in Karlsson and two Man fighting in Carkner and Boyle whats more crazy? I understand they want to get in Karlsson face hes possibly the best player on the ice and they want to get him off his game but what he did was crossing the line esp with the age of the player and the size difference. You had to expect something worse and thats the point. And top it off we lose Dubinsky who could have been a difference maker. If Boyle shows some resistance Dubi still plays.
The AGE of the player? Who gives a **** how old Karlsson is?

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:49 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Did you watch the game? He did fight, he fought Neil and lost because he isn't much of a fighter, but the point is that he answered when it was a fair fight.
How about I come to your house, punch you square in the jaw when you aren't looking and see how you react.
You better be looking when you went after there star and they bring Carkner in for that purpose if your not your pretty stupid. Thats Carkner order from the coach and he did what he was told ya it was a bit from the side but theres been far worse cheap shots for less of an reason than the Boyle incident.

Old
04-14-2012, 10:49 PM
XLJ

Our 5 minute pp was disgusting. Richards, Gabby, DZ, Stepan should be ashamed. They have to score a goal in that situation. Our 2nd unit looked better.

I would put Stralman on the first pp unit. He has offensive skill, and he is willing to shoot the puck unlike Del Zotto.

The 3rd period was a joke. We sat back like we had a 2 or 3 goal lead. Very frustrating to watch. We should of won this game. We have to get better at clearing the puck out of our zone. We just slap the puck around the boards and their defensemen are just standing by the boards waiting for the puck. Its way too predictable.

Ian Walsh was the reason we lost Dubinsky. He should of broke up Carkner and Boyle. Carkner basically just sucker punched and jumped Boyle. Walsh is just standing there watching like a ******.

Losing Dubi was a huge loss. We lost a forward who played almost 18 minutes in game 1 and they lost a worthless pylon who didn't play game 1.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

The message has been sent. 5 game series now.

NYR have been considered a gritty team all season. Have to put up now or else face the consequences.

04-14-2012, 10:50 PM
nyrfan519

Quote:
Boyle didn't give Karlsson the extended, unwarranted beat-down that Carkner gave him. That was disgusting. And you can't blame Boyle for getting Dubi ejected. You blame the atrocious officiating. It's 3rd man in if it's actually a fight. That wasn't a fight, as Boyle never dropped the gloves. It was one player cheap-shotting another.

Old
04-14-2012, 10:53 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
You better be looking when you went after there star and they bring Carkner in for that purpose if your not your pretty stupid. Thats Carkner order from the coach and he did what he was told ya it was a bit from the side but theres been far worse cheap shots for less of an reason than the Boyle incident.
He could be looking all he wants. Carkner still blindsided him and rightfully got ejected. The big problem is the ref not doing his job

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:53 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
The AGE of the player? Who gives a **** how old Karlsson is?
If people are ok that Boyle never fights decided to do it with a buck 75 Karlsson than i dont what to tell you. Boyle game has been fine all season, i just didnt like the play with Karlsson if people think one guy is the same as the other fine, i disagree though. Personally id rather see him beat down Carkner.

Old
04-14-2012, 10:55 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
I lost you all and lost all my IQ too

TCRF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Dorado*

Paul Maclean set the tone tonight . As did chris Neil . If Torts is happy only playing Bickel a couple of minutes in the 3rd period and watching # 25 OTT dictate the play of the game then we will lose . Tonight game is on TORTS . Boyle roughed up Karrloson a bit and OTT answered .
They dressed Carkner in return and he took off out player who plays 20 min a night #17 .
Next game the message is sent and Bickel mugs either Karrslon or SPEZZA and Rupp has to fight Neil . Where was Torts in putting Rupp out against Neil .

TORTS ='Clown tonight

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValhallaRising View Post
No, we said " damn look at that little girl's hair flop around like a beyotch!"
Yup. Erik Karlsson has no flow.

Unlike Carl Hagelin, who has amazing flow, Karlssons' is just ... no.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:57 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
If people are ok that Boyle never fights decided to do it with a buck 75 Karlsson than i dont what to tell you. Boyle game has been fine all season, i just didnt like the play with Karlsson if people think one guy is the same as the other fine, i disagree though. Personally id rather see him beat down Carkner.
Boyle didnt fight Ek use an intelligent, truthful arguement or shut up.

Old
04-14-2012, 10:58 PM
OverTheCap

Kind of hilarious how Boyle has reached an Avery-like level of trollness.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyrleetch

How are people equating a roughing after a play to a game misconduct?

nyrleetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dorado*

MACLEAN HERBED TORTS TONIGHT .
Game 3 we better drop em right off the face off just like against NJ

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:00 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Linda Cohn ‏ @lindacohn Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Chris Kreider may make his Rangers playoff debut earlier than expected. Carl Hagelin will have a hearing Sunday for his hit on Alfredsson.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:01 PM
nyrleetch

Kreider in for Hags.

I'd still dress Scott for Mitchell.

Have Scott pummel someone and see which Sen elects to be 3rd man in to be ejected.

nyrleetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:01 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Hulk Hogan slam= slap on the wrist. Accidental elbow= suspension.

I don't really have a problem if this is a 1 G but just pointing out the lack of consistency

Old
04-14-2012, 11:02 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

vCash: 420
Forget the game!

I almost threw up seeing people defend the Phillips hit, and more importantly, the attempted murder or Boyle

Krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Kershaw

Hagelin's likely done for the series IMO.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote