HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lockout Petition

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2003, 05:12 AM
Allan

vCash: 500
Lockout Petition

I found this link to a petition against a possible lockout on Spector's, and I thought that People here would want to sign it.

http://************************/nostrike/petition.html

Old
11-20-2003, 06:29 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
I found this link to a petition against a possible lockout on Spector's, and I thought that People here would want to sign it.

http://************************/nostrike/petition.html
It doesn't matter... they aren't going to take this into account.

Old
11-20-2003, 06:36 AM
Allan

I know. I just thought there would be some people here who would be interested.

Old
11-20-2003, 07:09 AM
Kerplunk

vCash:
I'm not signing it. I hope there is a lockout if the players refuse to agree to some sort of cost certainty.

Old
11-20-2003, 07:09 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
piss on that! Give me a petition that DEMANDS a lock out!! If these guys don't pull their heads out of their a$$e$ then I say they sit. I will ABSOLUTELY HATE missing a year of hockey, but it is definately worth it, because the Oilers future success and even their future in Edmonton DEPENDS upon a successful result!

Old
11-20-2003, 07:16 AM
Goil

Send a message via ICQ to Goil
Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
piss on that! Give me a petition that DEMANDS a lock out!! If these guys don't pull their heads out of their a$$e$ then I say they sit. I will ABSOLUTELY HATE missing a year of hockey, but it is definately worth it, because the Oilers future success and even their future in Edmonton DEPENDS upon a successful result!

Exactly

Old
11-20-2003, 08:27 AM
OYLer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Thome, it's not just about a hard salary cap, I added my name to the petition #3934. I also added this comment which has been my Signature add on at other sites for the last two years:
The new CBA(2004) must include real revenue sharing by owners, a players' salary cap, U$ & Cdn. dollar differential, and ticket prices families can afford. Profit driven greed will eventually poison the Golden Goose - Canadian minor hockey!
Reading the article written by John McGourty about Hemsky posted on the NHL.com site should alert all StakeHolders that a fix to the current CBA is really needed but it can't be quick and/or dirty:
http://www2.nhl.com/intheslot/read/s...sky111803.html
Hemsky did a lot of the right things in getting prepared for the NHL. He had 20 goals and 36 assists in 45 games for Pardubice's junior-league team, then left his homeland to play two years of junior hockey with the Hull Olympiques of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.

"I talked with my agent and we decided I should come here," Hemsky said. "It's better for the draft position. It's a good junior league with a lot of scouts watching the games so that was good for me. In Europe, I could stay home and play in the Czech junior league and hope to play in the junior championship (to be seen by scouts) or I could come to Canada for their junior league and the scouts are at every game. So, it was good for me because I learned to play Canadian hockey and I learned English. I chose this way and I think it was the right choice for me.

"I had a great time in Hull. I met a lot of great guys on that team. No, I didn't learn French, it was too hard. But I learned English."
And he learned to play, a process that is still continuing.

I urge all interested parties, and especially season ticket holders, to get envolved and make your views known. I watched my last Major League Baseball game the day A-Rod signed that horrific 1/4 billion U$ dollar contract in Texas. Baseball has been a richman's bushleague ever since that day. New Jersey is owned by: who would you ask? where attendance is down but cable TV revenues are up and some profits are written off against others losses. Is this what we want are NHL Championship team to really be. Great hockey played in front of fewer and fewer real live fans with blue collars and kids who may or may not be able to afford to see the coolest game on earth, so and because, some greedy Millionaires and Billionaires, can continue to bicker, over the profits we the fans so foolishly place into their ungrateful pockets. WELL I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!

.... hey wait a minute here, wasn't that movie and at the end the guy died .....

Closed Thread