HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF GAME #2 Rangers vs Sens

Old
04-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Jerk Store*
Classless

vCash: 500
Hey guys, coming in peace. I just can't find it in me to dislike the Rangers and have tons of respect for how the team is built and how they play the game. A few observations:

- I think Boyle pulling a Marchand on Karlsson might not have been the best idea as the Senators don't get enough credit as far as team toughness. This isn't the old Sens and they were going to respond, so while hits and everything is all good, that wasn't a very good idea, poking the bear kinda thing.

- Holy **** you guys block shots! As a fan it was getting very frustrating, but again, tons of respect for that approach, the Rangers style is what I like to see. Clean, hard-nosed hockey!

- This series just got intense and this game was very, very entertaining! See you in Ottawa folks! Hoping this pace keeps up. Cheers

Jerk Store* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:04 PM
OverTheCap

Damn, if Hags has been called in for a hearing, then he will probably be suspended at least one game.

Dubi should be well rested and fired up so I imagine he'll play in the top 6. Still not sure if Torts is gonna go with Scott or Kreider. I guess it depends on whether he thinks Kreider is ready or if Ottawa poses a physical threat that would deem Scott as a better option.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:07 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
Hulk Hogan slam= slap on the wrist. Accidental elbow= suspension.

I don't really have a problem if this is a 1 G but just pointing out the lack of consistency
Not to mention Carkner and Phillips not hearing anything.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:07 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Hagelin's likely done for the series IMO.
If he is and fukin Weber and now Burns dont get suspended for what i see as well as Shaw on the goalie, than that is Bull ****. And we better hope Hagelin doesent miss because he is key to our forecheck and turnovers. Plus hes a first time offender which might get factored in. I hope he gets off for this one, and hopefully Alfy is a ok which will factor in on the suspension if any.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:08 PM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 152
Quote:
No way. I'll be shocked if he gets more than 1 game.

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:09 PM
XLJ

I have to agree with Torts. I dont see a big difference in Hagelin's hit and Phillips hit on Cally. If one gets suspended so should the other.

If Hagelin is suspended no doubt Kreider will replace him.

I would take Mitchell out too for Scott. Nothing against Mitchell but he just doesn't add anything. Kreider could potentially help the powerplay and create chances with his speed. Scott can bring physical play.

Last edited by XLJ: 04-14-2012 at 11:17 PM.
XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:10 PM
4thliner*

Quote:
I think it sucks for Ottawa, and Haglin suspension does not even come close to losing one of the best players in the game and their heart and soul.

But I think it will diffuse a lot of crap that could go down in Ottawa in game 3 if Haglin is not suspended for a significant amount of games.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:10 PM
SauceCheese91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Forget the game!

I almost threw up seeing people defend the Phillips hit, and more importantly, the attempted murder or Boyle
No kidding, I actually cannot believe how sens fans said the boyle getting a few jabs in on karlsons head was the same as Neal giving 2 huge sucker punches to Boyle after hes not even defending himself, and then feeds him a few more on the ground. Oh yea and Hagelins elbow on Alfie, yea that sucked and he deserves to be suspended a game i'd say, but what about Phillips' elbow?

No wonder my friends always chirp sens fans for being ********, they seem to not know much at all. SMH

SauceCheese91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:13 PM
SauceCheese91

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeycoach View Post
you had to know it was coming, Carks did what Boyle knew would be coming. That's playoff hockey... deal with it. Boyle turtling, i didn't expect it, thought he'd man up.
oh well, looks like it's going to be a good series.
I just wish our captain comes back.
Why in the **** would Boyle fight Neil after he suckered him once? He did the right thing and drew the call and once again Neil looks like a *******. And then you telling him to man up, he goes out and fights him after, get it straight.

SauceCheese91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:15 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

If Hags gets suspended while Weber did not the league truly is a ****ing joke.

Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Sens fans acting like they just dominated us 8-0. You guys needed Del Zotto to score a goal for you.

Secondly, Carkner beating up Boyle while he's defenseless on the ice is no even in the same stratosphere as Boyle giving Karlsson a facewash and a shove. Since Carkner was given a fighting major, and Boyle wasn't given anything, Dubi was NOT the third man in. Therefore, you guys can thank Ian Walsh for that, since the Rangers have not had pleasant experiences with that boneheaded ref. Niel should have gotten an instigator for the fight with Boyle, which Sens fans are pretending never happened. (And Boyle may be big, but he cannot fight.) Sens were holding, crosschecking, boarding all game long. Elbow on Callahan, board on Stepan all went unnoticed.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYRSchrute217

Thoughts:

-Sitting back killed them, they need to ATTACK
-Stepan and Richards were invisible
-Staal played poorly, and Del Zotto needs to be more aware. Hard to be too mad at the kid but that should never happen
-Not sure what happened in OT...ugly
-Can't ice the puck so ****ing much
-Too many defensive zone faceoffs..
-I really hate walking out of MSG after losses

Get em in game 3

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:17 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Sens fans acting like they just dominated us 8-0. You guys needed Del Zotto to score a goal for you.

Secondly, Carkner beating up Boyle while he's defenseless on the ice is no even in the same stratosphere as Boyle giving Karlsson a facewash and a shove. Since Carkner was given a fighting major, and Boyle wasn't given anything, Dubi was NOT the third man in. Therefore, you guys can thank Ian Walsh for that, since the Rangers have not had pleasant experiences with that boneheaded ref. Niel should have gotten an instigator for the fight with Boyle, which Sens fans are pretending never happened. (And Boyle may be big, but he cannot fight.) Sens were holding, crosschecking, boarding all game long. Elbow on Callahan, board on Stepan all went unnoticed.
this. They have no right to say anything. they won off of ... dz own goals.

TCRF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:18 PM
MDL8981

Hilarious that Sens fans arent even mentioning Phillips elbowing Cally

MDL8981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:19 PM
MorrisWanchuk

Unleash the Kreider

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:19 PM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeycoach View Post
i post a couple of reasonable comments, nothing inflammatory, just hockey talk and the mods yanked them. Not trolling just like to talk hockey with fans, i guess we're not allowed.
We just lost a brutal game. No one wants to hear from Ottawa fans

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:20 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Win the next game and everything is fine.

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:20 PM
Dorado*

Hagelin made a hockey play . Has no history in NHL , Internationally nor Collegiatelly of being a dirty player . He has never ha a major penalty prior in his 60 odd games played in NHL . Take off the OTT homer goggles trolls .

As for Dressing Carkner , well ... Shame on Torts if he doesn't dress Scott or send Rupp after SPEZZA or Karlson again . Newsflsh canuckleheads NYR are far deeper and have much more fighters . PRUST , Rupp , SCOTT , Bickel , WILL FIGHT CHRIS NEIL ALL DAY EVERY DAY ... BRING IT .....

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:22 PM
trilobyte

Way too much negativity about the play of the Rangers. This game was a circus from start to finish.
Ottawa was lucky to win this game, with a ton of help from the zebrae.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:25 PM
truebluegoalie

anyone got postgame comments from torts or players?

Did find this on espn:

Rangers coach John Tortorella said he does not expect Hagelin to miss a game.

"If we lose Hags for a game or two, Phillips should [miss] a game or two."

Torts going to get a fine for that?

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:32 PM
Fanned On It

Quote:
What are you nuts? He'll probably get 1 game!

It's actually pretty sickening reading the first couple of pages of this thread and seeing all of our so called "fans" panicking and claiming that the sky is falling. Most of that game was evenly played by both sides until the end when Ottawa put the pressure on. Idk if you guys remember, but we were never down the entire game until we lost. We played pretty damn well and really, besides the obvious stupidities (like MDZ kicking the puck into our own net and Staal going for that silly pass block when he could've used his stick or taken the other guy out of the play) I think there was really only one glaring problem... clearing the puck out of our zone.

We really need to stop throwing the puck up the boards to their D-men, pretty much giving them a shot on goal. It happened so many times and it really pisses me off that our players can't think of a better strategy on the spot and go with the desperate attempt. We need to be sharper in our zone, I said it in the last post-game thread. We can't throw the puck up the boards on the weak side and NOT expect their D-man to keep it in. I don't know what it is, but maybe we should watch some tape of Ottawa's break-out and emulate that in practice, because they have a beautiful, flowing break-out.

EDIT: Oh and our new power-play strategy of lining up 4 guys and skating up the ice side-by-side is lame as hell. All of that for what? Just to dump it in? We gotta learn to CARRY the puck into the zone, like Ottawa does.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:33 PM
Tundra

Boyle should have never tried to use Karlsson's head as a speed bag in game #1. It woke up the entire Ottawa team. Rangers could have cruised in 5 but now it turned into a war.

Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:33 PM
roxchipsi8

why should hagelin be suspended for alfredson being a *****? ridiculous

roxchipsi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:36 PM
ltsthinaz

Ottawa was head-hunting from the gitgo. It was obviously their game plan. Why else dress Carkner? Did Rangers dress Scott?

Newsflash - Hawks scored to tie Coyotes with 5.5 seconds left.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:36 PM
Ryan McDonut
Re-sign Glass

the turning point was hagelin's elbowing penalty

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote