HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF GAME #2 Rangers vs Sens

Old
04-14-2012, 11:37 PM
Ail
k.

vCash: 500
The best part of all of this is Sens fans thinking they won because they inserted their tough guys, or any of that **** had anything to do with the win.

Two things won this game for the Sens, a lucky bounce on the first goal, and Hagelin's 5 minute penalty which completed stole the momentum the Rangers had at that point.

The Rangers aren't even playing their best hockey, and are still outplaying the Sens most of the game.

If their fans think they are going to win 3 more games like that, they are crazy.

04-14-2012, 11:40 PM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
The best part of all of this is Sens fans thinking they won because they inserted their tough guys, or any of that **** had anything to do with the win.

Two things won this game for the Sens, a lucky bounce on the first goal, and Hagelin's 5 minute penalty which completed stole the momentum the Rangers had at that point.

The Rangers aren't even playing their best hockey, and are still outplaying the Sens most of the game.

If their fans think they are going to win 3 more games like that, they are crazy.
But the Sens carried the play. Look at the blocked shots total. 24 in total. If more of those start getting through, this series could become a nailbiter.

Tundra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:42 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
But the Sens carried the play. Look at the blocked shots total. 24 in total. If more of those start getting through, this series could become a nailbiter.
Newsflash. Thats how the Rangers play. They sit back, let the opposing team fire shots away, block the good ones, all others get through to Lundqvist, and then pounce when an opportunities arises.

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:45 PM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Newsflash. Thats how the Rangers play. They sit back, let the opposing team fire shots away, block the good ones, all others get through to Lundqvist, and then pounce when an opportunities arises.
I know. But to expect them to continue this is illogical. It takes a huge toll.

Old
04-14-2012, 11:46 PM
AndThereGoesGrabner

Quote:
Thats dumb hockey & in the end, the entire team is spent.

AndThereGoesGrabner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:48 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndThereGoesGrabner View Post
Umm...didn't the Islanders block more shots than the Rangers this year? Happy 4th overall draft position! Obviously, the Rangers do it in a more effective manner.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:48 PM
MDL8981

The Rangers had the better scoring chances...its not like Hank had to make many amazing saves. Anderson had a much tougher night and he did play very well.

It seems like we never score the fluke goals that teams score against us. So frustrating.

MDL8981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:50 PM
AndThereGoesGrabner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Umm...didn't the Islanders block more shots than the Rangers this year? Happy 4th overall draft position! Obviously, the Rangers do it in a more effective manner.
And that really helped them. Sitting back trying to play too defensive is a real bad idea.

AndThereGoesGrabner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:52 PM
Tundra

Quote:
And that really helped them. Sitting back trying to play too defensive is a real bad idea.
Nothing wrong with playing a sound defensive game but this shot blocking crusade will burn them out in the end. Look at what happened to Callahan last year with the Chara shot?

Old
04-14-2012, 11:53 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
I'm not denying that. Prevent defense is the worst way to possibly go about playing hockey. You have to play in the other end. But I was just pointing out that sometimes, blocking shots is a good idea, (although I don't like it when they collapse around the net so Hank can't see anything+run the risk of running him over) But for the most part, blocking shots is part of what made this such a successful season.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Dorado*

Pretty simple NYR can fight their way to the Cup better the OTT .
Run 65
Run 19
Run 11

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:55 PM
ltsthinaz

None of this conversation would be happening if the Rangers could put away a few of their opportunities, particularly guys like Anisimov (who is so frustrating - great one game, stinks the next). They just have to work so hard to score.

I thought Anderson was quite ordinary tonight - made a few great saves, but made a ton of bad mistakes any good offensive team would bury.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:02 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Quote:
I know. But to expect them to continue this is illogical. It takes a huge toll.
Yeah I guess your right. But then explain to me over the course of an 82 game season why they finished 1st in the east?

Game, Set, and Match.

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:03 AM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post
None of this conversation would be happening if the Rangers could put away a few of their opportunities, particularly guys like Anisimov (who is so frustrating - great one game, stinks the next). They just have to work so hard to score.

I thought Anderson was quite ordinary tonight - made a few great saves, but made a ton of bad mistakes any good offensive team would bury.
Stinks the next?

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:03 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Yeah I guess your right. But then explain to me over the course of an 82 game season why they finished 1st in the east?

Game, Set, and Match.
I am not saying it was aliens but..........

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:04 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Has anyone seen the standings?

Correct me if im wrong, but arent the Rangers the #1 team in the East?

I think their style has been working pretty damn well.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:06 AM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post

Tell that to Vancouver. Postseason is different. More intensity and greater emphasis on defense. One line teams fade away in the playoffs.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:09 AM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Stinks the next?
Was awful tonight.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:13 AM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Pretty simple NYR can fight their way to the Cup better the OTT .
Run 65
Run 19
Run 11
One down, two to go.

Net Front Presence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:14 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Tell that to Vancouver. Postseason is different. More intensity and greater emphasis on defense. One line teams fade away in the playoffs.
The same Vancouver who is without one of the best players in the league?

The same Vancouver that went to game 7 of the SCF last year?

WTF are you talking about?

Playoffs are such a crapshoot. The best teams dont always win. Sometimes, good teams lose to teams who get a lot of lucky bounces.

Hell, look at Matteaus goal against the Devils in game 7 in 1994...total luck goal. You gotta get the bounces.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:14 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:

I think they will be alright, but I think it is a reasonable concern. They sat back two games in a row after getting a lead and gave up a total of 3 goals. The first game it didn't matter because they had a nice cushion, it killed them in the 2nd game.
Also their inability to score on the PP killed them tonight, just like it has all season. If they could score on the PP they could put teams away earlier.

I think even after finishing 1st those are reasonable concerns after watching the first two postseason games.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:17 AM
Tundra

Quote:
The same Vancouver who is without one of the best players in the league?

The same Vancouver that went to game 7 of the SCF last year?

WTF are you talking about?

Playoffs are such a crapshoot. The best teams dont always win. Sometimes, good teams lose to teams who get a lot of lucky bounces.

Hell, look at Matteaus goal against the Devils in game 7 in 1994...total luck goal. You gotta get the bounces.
But there are certain characteristics you look for in a team that can make a run.

1. scoring from multiple lines. Emphasis on puck possession
2. shutdown d pairing
3. clutch goalie

Rangers are in deep deep trouble with point #1. They are missing 1 to 2 players up front from being a legitimate beast. Other than Gaborik who really scares the opposition in terms of someone you should mark?

Old
04-15-2012, 12:18 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
I think they will be alright, but I think it is a reasonable concern. They sat back two games in a row after getting a lead and gave up a total of 3 goals. The first game it didn't matter because they had a nice cushion, it killed them in the 2nd game.
Also their inability to score on the PP killed them tonight, just like it has all season. If they could score on the PP they could put teams away earlier.

I think even after finishing 1st those are reasonable concerns after watching the first two postseason games.
no team is perfect. It took some crazy bounces, an ejection to a key player, and a crazy elbow for the Sens to win this one.

Good for them.

Rangers are one of the best road teams in the league, and Ottawa is mediocre at home. Get back to me if the Rangers are down 3-1 when we get back to NY. I wouldnt at all be surprised if we were up 3-1 coming back here.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:21 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
But there are certain characteristics you look for in a team that can make a run.

1. scoring from multiple lines. Emphasis on puck possession
2. shutdown d pairing
3. clutch goalie

Rangers are in deep deep trouble with point #1. They are missing 1 to 2 players up front from being a legitimate beast. Other than Gaborik who really scares the opposition in terms of someone you should mark?
not going to disagree with you.

Which is why I have stated repeatedly that I dont think this is our year. I think that's next year.

With that said, I still think this is a team that could do some serious damage, and if the Pens and Caps can be eliminated, i can see us coming out of the East. Then, who knows what can happen.

With that said, this is still one of the youngest teams in the league, I think they are actually the 4th youngest team. They will have bumps. You gotta deal with it.

Let's not forget that the Rangers have a potential top 2 pairing defenseman in Erixon, and a potential top line player in Kreider who won't really make an impact till next year.

This team is on the up, and should only get better from year to year.

Rangers have a good foundation though.

OK, off to bed, im exhausted.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:22 AM
Tundra

Quote:
not going to disagree with you.

Which is why I have stated repeatedly that I dont think this is our year. I think that's next year.

With that said, I still think this is a team that could do some serious damage, and if the Pens and Caps can be eliminated, i can see us coming out of the East. Then, who knows what can happen.

With that said, this is still one of the youngest teams in the league, I think they are actually the 4th youngest team. They will have bumps. You gotta deal with it.

Let's not forget that the Rangers have a potential top 2 pairing defenseman in Erixon, and a potential top line player in Kreider who won't really make an impact till next year.

This team is on the up, and should only get better from year to year.

Rangers have a good foundation though.

OK, off to bed, im exhausted.
Rangers D Corps is very impressive. They just need another forward or two.