HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

MLB 12 the show

Old
03-27-2012, 03:37 AM
Dylonus

vCash: 500
I accepted the trade to the Mariners... Ended up STARTING 1B in AAA.

After 2 advancement periods, I got called up... had to pass easy goals in the next period, and I did!

I'm now the starter.... 8 weeks after being traded... I'm the starting 1B in the MLB

Typical Pirates

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 12:11 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

How do you railroad the catcher when you're running toward home?

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:43 PM
Thorntonfan97
Josť Bautista-20 HR

Send a message via MSN to Thorntonfan97 Send a message via Yahoo to Thorntonfan97
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
How do you railroad the catcher when you're running toward home?
Yeah I am wondering the same thing

Thorntonfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 11:59 PM
Go For It

vCash: 50
So sad this game isn't on Xbox. The MLB2k series is GARBAGE.

Go For It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Nose of Sutter

Anyone else feel like some of the games against the CPU are fixed? I hit into two double plays with Matt Kemp off pitches right down the middle and using the power swing.

And also with the PP i will try to pitch on the corners and will get the smallest circle thing and it will still go no where close to where I placed it.

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 06:53 PM
ThankYouBasedGod

So when are those roster updates with the Minor Leaguers out and how do I get it?

ThankYouBasedGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:22 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeAtMeBro View Post
So when are those roster updates with the Minor Leaguers out and how do I get it?
They are already out.

They should be in the roster vault by knight ... Osfm is what they are called I think.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 09:57 PM
ZadorovNJD*
go away fatso

Attributes keep getting better, stats keep getting worse. I ****ing hate hitting in this game.

ZadorovNJD* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
So I finish the year as a hitter in AA. Next contract offer is for AAA, so I accept. Season starts, and I'm demoted to AA without ever playing a game. I hit .330 over 12 games in AA, and am demoted to the bench.

Do these ****ing morons even try anymore?

Static is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 01:15 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
So I finish the year as a hitter in AA. Next contract offer is for AAA, so I accept. Season starts, and I'm demoted to AA without ever playing a game. I hit .330 over 12 games in AA, and am demoted to the bench.

Do these ****ing morons even try anymore?
Are you hitting your goals? If you're not, you're not gonna progress in your career.

I've had no problem being promoted, whatsoever. The only time I was demoted was when I was an injury call-up to the MLB and sent down when the player returned.

Old
04-10-2012, 04:09 PM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

I have RTTS 10. Would 12 be a significant enough upgrade to make it worthy of buying? Should I just get 11 instead?

Roster accuracy is not of great importance to me.

CarlWinslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:29 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post
I have RTTS 10. Would 12 be a significant enough upgrade to make it worthy of buying? Should I just get 11 instead?

Roster accuracy is not of great importance to me.
'12 has new hitting and pitching. i think there are videos somewhere in this thread.

so it's up to you.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Are you hitting your goals? If you're not, you're not gonna progress in your career.

I've had no problem being promoted, whatsoever. The only time I was demoted was when I was an injury call-up to the MLB and sent down when the player returned.
Yes, I do hit my goals. The demotions didn't come after the goal period was over, however, they just happened randomly.

Static is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:43 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

I ****ing hate my manager in RTTS.

In my first start in AA I'm cruising along through 6 innings and pitching well. I'd given up a run on 5 hits with 5 Ks, and pitching surprisingly well considering how much my arsenal sucks in terms of ratings. Then in the 7th my stamina is basically depleted and I'm starting to waver. But I get a couple of lucky groundouts and get out of the inning unscathed. Figure "alright, no prob. Manager will pull me for the setup guy now."

Nope. Back out for the 8th. Struggling more now. Walk a couple guys, get a double play and a DEEP flyout. But I'm totally gassed and have no command anymore. And it took me something ridiculous like 35 pitches to get out of the inning. I've gotta be done now.

NO. I'm on the mound for the 9th. It's only a 3 run lead. I can't hit my spots to save my life anymore. and I've thrown over 130 pitches, which is probably easily 40-45 too many. Walk, hit, run in, walk later I hurt my elbow and have to get pulled.

So the only reason I got out of hte game was because I was injured. More than likely because the manager pushed me well past the breaking point. And I miss couple of week.

So when I'm healthy again I figure I can just slot right back into the rotation and go again. Nope. Now I'm middle relief. What happened to the old sports maxim of "you can't lose your job because of injury"?

I pitched for 3+ weeks as a reliever until I hit all my advancement goals and complained to the manager that I wanted to start. He relented. And proceeded in the next game to leave me in for far too long again. I ended up pitching a complete game not by choice, and again throwing 120+ pitches. When I have crap stamina and probably should top out at 90 pitches per game.

And my supposed top 5 offence can barely scrape together 3 runs for me, so I'm lucky I hung on to win.

I don't want to go on another rant, but htat's been a problem for like 3 years: when you're an RTTS pitcher, your team's offence seems to adjust itself to your success level pitching. The better you are, the worse the offence is. Almost like it's trying to create a fake difficulty level in terms of how easy/hard it is to actually win the damn game.

argh.

EDIT: I also wish for training/advancement goals the game could better indicate how many points you need to put in to meet the target. Because the amount of boost you get seems to exponentially scale based on the # of points you invest in one go. For example, if I put 80 points into my fastball command, it might go from 50 to 53. But if I put 40 points in twice it won't even go a point for each "session", so I only go from 50 to 51 total.

So when I'm trying to hit a goal I see what looks like a small sliver of advancement needed and I end up having to put 50-60 points in multiple times to earn the check, whereas I probably could've put 90 points in once at the start and covered it.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:03 PM
ZadorovNJD*
go away fatso

Anyone else experience freezing in RTTS after installing the latest update?

ZadorovNJD* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:47 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Ok, I thought they said they had better ball physics and a better distribution of hits this game? Because as an RTTS pitcher I continually see the same hits over and over again. Screamers right down the 3rd base line that my 3B can never stop. Right dead center back up the middle. Just off to the left side of 2B, barely missed by a diving short stop. or shallow flares right square over the head of a jumping infielder.

My defence also seems suspiciously inept in terms of drops and flubs.

Also it seems like the better I pitch, the worse my offence is while I'm in the game. My team is supposed to be top 5 offensively in AA. But I'm lucky to get 3 runs while I'm in the game. The moment I leave though, boom: 7 runs in 2 innings.

Old
04-20-2012, 12:43 PM
ZombieMatt

I bought a PS3 and MLB yesterday and played a quick 5 inning game on beginner mode (I know, I know, but I've played very little PS3 and never this series before). At the very basic mode I enjoyed the game. I have a long way to go to be able to play at a halfway decent level though. Even in the rudimentary beginner mode I still K'd probably half of my at-bats. I did manage to score two runs (including my first hit as a over with Bautista). Ended the 5 inning game with 4 hits (in my four hitting innings) and giving up 3 hits with Ricky Romero.

I also played Uncharted 3 for about an hour and that was good. A little too much pre-fab cut-scene action but also a good way to ease a real beginner like myself into the game I suppose. Just very slow to develop but that's okay.

ZombieMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 04:18 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

here's a new one: I actually got called up to AAA in June of my first year because of performance. Normally I haven't gotten a full-time, merited promotion until my second season (usually I end up in AAA as an injury fill-in and get sent right back)

the trouble is I spent all my banked training points learning a new pitch and now I'm not sure I'll get enough points out of bullpen appearances to be able to meet the goals. Which would then mean going right back to AA most likely.

Old
04-23-2012, 05:43 PM
ZombieMatt

I am comically bad at hitting.

I played a 7 inning game and I think I struck out 15 times. Wow.

Old
04-23-2012, 06:30 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieMatt View Post
I am comically bad at hitting.

I played a 7 inning game and I think I struck out 15 times. Wow.
Everyone sucks at hitting to start with. Just gotta keep practicing.

Or play Road to the Show mode as a pitcher.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:41 AM
ZombieMatt

I'm getting very, very marginally better. I still can't hit worth a damn, but I'm at least making occasional contact right now. Probably down to a highly embarassing 50% strikeout rate from a 75%. But I'm also not playing very much.

Like some others have noted, I just have a brutally difficult time reading pitches. I pretty frequently am swinging at stuff 2 feet out of the strike zone. More practice time needed.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:57 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieMatt View Post
I'm getting very, very marginally better. I still can't hit worth a damn, but I'm at least making occasional contact right now. Probably down to a highly embarassing 50% strikeout rate from a 75%. But I'm also not playing very much.

Like some others have noted, I just have a brutally difficult time reading pitches. I pretty frequently am swinging at stuff 2 feet out of the strike zone. More practice time needed.
Want some tips?

While you're getting used to the game, guess fastball every pitch -- down in the zone. If you guess fastball all the time, you'll know it's a fastball cause the zone will light up. You'll know it's an off speed pitch when it doesn't. Good for beginners.

Also, something you're batting view is definitely a must for beginners. I personally like batting from a behind the pitcher view. I feel it let's me read the ball better. Even an off-set camera is better - something where you get to see the ball out of the pitchers hand.

As far as striking out, be a lot more patient. I know it's hard, but if you're in a pitchers count, try to hold off or at least be really cautious.

Also, a lot of people lower the pitch speed at the beginning because it gives you an extra half second to see the pitch. 2 or 3 clicks should suffice.

Hope that helps.

Old
04-27-2012, 05:39 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Want some tips?

While you're getting used to the game, guess fastball every pitch -- down in the zone. If you guess fastball all the time, you'll know it's a fastball cause the zone will light up. You'll know it's an off speed pitch when it doesn't. Good for beginners.

Also, something you're batting view is definitely a must for beginners. I personally like batting from a behind the pitcher view. I feel it let's me read the ball better. Even an off-set camera is better - something where you get to see the ball out of the pitchers hand.

As far as striking out, be a lot more patient. I know it's hard, but if you're in a pitchers count, try to hold off or at least be really cautious.

Also, a lot of people lower the pitch speed at the beginning because it gives you an extra half second to see the pitch. 2 or 3 clicks should suffice.

Hope that helps.
I ALWAYS guess Fastball, except high in the zone.

I can judge the ball better down low.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Thorntonfan97
Josť Bautista-20 HR

Send a message via MSN to Thorntonfan97 Send a message via Yahoo to Thorntonfan97
Me and my friends are about to open an MLB 12 the show sim league, it's basically like GM Connected but MLB version

I figured this would be the best place to post about it, if you have interest please PM me

Thorntonfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Dylonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorntonfan97 View Post
Me and my friends are about to open an MLB 12 the show sim league, it's basically like GM Connected but MLB version

I figured this would be the best place to post about it, if you have interest please PM me
I'd love to be a part of this.

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote