HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A quote that is overlooked?

Old
04-15-2012, 01:44 AM
SabresBillsBuffalo

vCash: 500
Praying hoping wishing

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 01:32 PM
lovemynephews

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingpig View Post
Everyone is a bit edgy.
from some fans but I'm no Bandwagoner
I think that Regier will move picks and players for an established player that will be an upgrade, rather than a high draft pick. I just think that will mesh with his new, more aggressive m.o. That will get rid of a core player and bring in a fresh core player to further transform chemistry of the team and the "new core" ( not the Rochester core).
I have to say that any player that is brought into our organization will be ruined because of Ruffs system. You look at players recently brought in, Boyes, Leino, for a couple examples are not the players they were before coming to Buffalo. You just don't lose your talent on the I-90 in route to Buffalo. Ruff's system is not working in this league anymore, he's not using his players to their potential to help the team. He needs to let them play their game. I think is time for a coaching change, I would love nothing more then to have Buffalo win the Cup with Ruff as coach but I just don't see it happening. Time to move forward without him. This is just my opinion, I know I will get flack from some fans for this post and that's okay because everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I'm no bandwagoner, I love this team win or lose, I love Lindy and have a special place in my heart for all players who wore the blue and gold but it's time for a change. Thanks.

lovemynephews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 02:05 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemynephews View Post
I have to say that any player that is brought into our organization will be ruined because of Ruffs system. You look at players recently brought in, Boyes, Leino, for a couple examples are not the players they were before coming to Buffalo. You just don't lose your talent on the I-90 in route to Buffalo. Ruff's system is not working in this league anymore, he's not using his players to their potential to help the team. He needs to let them play their game. I think is time for a coaching change, I would love nothing more then to have Buffalo win the Cup with Ruff as coach but I just don't see it happening. Time to move forward without him. This is just my opinion, I know I will get flack from some fans for this post and that's okay because everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I'm no bandwagoner, I love this team win or lose, I love Lindy and have a special place in my heart for all players who wore the blue and gold but it's time for a change. Thanks.
Leino lost his talent when he was taken off a line with Briere.

And Brad Boyes forgot how to score before he came to Buffalo. He had 14 goals in his last full season in St Louis and only had 12 goals in 62 games last year prior to the trade to Buffalo.

If Ruff ruins guys, he must do such a good job that guys never recover. How else to explain guys like Satan, Afinogenov, & Connolly never topping their Sabres numbers after moving on?

Clarke MacArthur is about the only guy that left Buffalo and put up career numbers elsewhere.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Nibbler

vCash: 50
Maybe they plan on using one of the 2nds for the rights to negotiate with Parise

Nibbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 02:10 PM
AlexanderMogilny89

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFFacet View Post
Perhaps, but not by as much as you might think. Roy's single year remaining is a significant drawback from the perspective of a trading partner. While Vanek's cap hit is high, he has the perfect number of years left: two. A team viewing itself as a serious contender in the next couple of years, with a bit of cap to burn, will be looking to splurge on players exactly like Vanek to put themselves over the top for multiple deep playoff runs. Whether it works out for them or not, they can let Vanek walk or resign him for less after two years.
Now if a team does use Vanek as a rental for say 2 yrs. The 2 yrs left on his contract. Does anyone think Vanek stays on the 1st line on a contender? Or does he get moved to the 2nd line or even the 3rd line? I'd say we keep Vanek for our 2nd line.

AlexanderMogilny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
Leino lost his talent when he was taken off a line with Briere.
ok, fair enough

Quote:
And Brad Boyes forgot how to score before he came to Buffalo. He had 14 goals in his last full season in St Louis and only had 12 goals in 62 games last year prior to the trade to Buffalo.
see, now i think you will find just about any excuse possible...

Quote:
If Ruff ruins guys, he must do such a good job that guys never recover. How else to explain guys like Satan, Afinogenov, & Connolly never topping their Sabres numbers after moving on?

Clarke MacArthur is about the only guy that left Buffalo and put up career numbers elsewhere.
[/QUOTE]

aside from JP Dumont...

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 03:04 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
see, now i think you will find just about any excuse possible...
Seriously?

When the Sabres traded for Boyes everyone here was hoping that he wasn't as bad as he had been playing in St Louis and that the change of scenery would get him back somewhere near where he was 3 or 4 years ago.

That didn't happen.

For instance, did Yeo ruin Setoguchi because he didn't get back near his 65pt career high this year?

Did Clouston ruin Cheechoo in Ottawa because he didn't bounce back to his career high numbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
aside from JP Dumont...
2 out of how many players that left the Sabres?

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:09 AM
heartsabres*

You guys do know there are other variables outside of the Coach affecting the players.
-conditioning
-lockeroom attitude
-quality of team mates

heartsabres* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 08:27 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemynephews View Post
I have to say that any player that is brought into our organization will be ruined because of Ruff's system
yea,

Miller started sucking when he joined the Sabres
Ennis started sucking when he joined the Sabres
Kaleta started sucking when he joined the Sabres
Sekera started sucking when he joined the Sabres
Enroth started sucking when he joined the Sabres
Vanek started sucking when he joined the Sabres
Pominville started sucking when he joined the Sabres
Myers started sucking when he joined the Sabres

Etc......

I think Ruff should be replaced, but to say he ruins any player who he coaches is absolutely positively wrong.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote