HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF GAME #2 Rangers vs Sens

Old
04-15-2012, 12:26 AM
ltsthinaz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
not going to disagree with you.

Which is why I have stated repeatedly that I dont think this is our year. I think that's next year.

With that said, I still think this is a team that could do some serious damage, and if the Pens and Caps can be eliminated, i can see us coming out of the East. Then, who knows what can happen.

With that said, this is still one of the youngest teams in the league, I think they are actually the 4th youngest team. They will have bumps. You gotta deal with it.

Let's not forget that the Rangers have a potential top 2 pairing defenseman in Erixon, and a potential top line player in Kreider who won't really make an impact till next year.

This team is on the up, and should only get better from year to year.

Rangers have a good foundation though.

OK, off to bed, im exhausted.
I've also said this many times. But having watched many of the series, I think the Pens are in big trouble (their hot streak obscured the fact that they are not very good defensively and Fleury is overrated), and if Bryzgalov can continue to play well, I think the Flyers will come out of the East. Also, Vancouver looks ripe to lose.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:28 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Simple solution is to play more aggressively. Especially against this Ottawa team they have a pretty potent offense enough to where they can score 2 goals a game easily. That means no trying to win 1-0 or 2-1 or any of that crap, get 3 minimum or you're playing with fire.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:30 AM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Deep breaths everyone. They were gifted a fluke goal. Now they lose in 5 instead of 4.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:33 AM
Rumcajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
Not to mention Carkner and Phillips not hearing anything.
If Shea Weber didn't get suspended neither will Carkner.

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:45 AM
Ranger_Engineer
ordo ab chao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Pretty simple NYR can fight their way to the Cup better the OTT .
Run 65
Run 19
Run 11
Plus this:

25 must go down, and he must go down hard.

Ranger_Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:51 AM
Robs789

Lol at the NHL. Hearing for Hags, yet a WWE tryout gets only $1,500 fine.

Robs789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 01:01 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
If Shea Weber didn't get suspended neither will Carkner.
Well the league looks at someone like Shea Weber much differently than Matt Carkner.

Last edited by truebluegoalie: 04-15-2012 at 01:06 AM.
truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 01:10 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

The tough, strong, gritty team got bullied tonight.

Paint it any way u want. That's a fact. End of story.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 01:10 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Don't have the audio, had some technical issues with my computer program...

Atmosphere was fantastic tonight. After goals, during anthem, press box was shaking. Terrific stuff. I think tonight was actually louder than Game Four last year.

I was sitting next to a writer from Toronto in the press box. After Boyle's goal, I looked at him and said, "I'm sure it's different in Canada, but this arena has to be the best in the US, in terms of fan noise/passion."

He responded: "Best arena in the entire league. Montreal's close, Winnipeg's great, Vancouver's great. But this is the best arena in the league."

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 01:25 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Simple solution is to play more aggressively. Especially against this Ottawa team they have a pretty potent offense enough to where they can score 2 goals a game easily. That means no trying to win 1-0 or 2-1 or any of that crap, get 3 minimum or you're playing with fire.
No.

We simply need to control and possess the puck more. It's as simple as that.

If Del Zotto wasn't sleeping on BOTH Ottawa goals in regulation, we win this 2-0.

With that said, we played more like a Rangers team of a few years ago than this year. We were preparing for Ottawa to tie it. We just tried to desperately hold on. We need to play with more swagger and be harder on the puck. We had too many opportunities to get a puck deep, or get the puck out of the zone and start a quick transition that were complete fails. We need to be much better, and we need to find a way to score a ****ing goal on a god damn five minute power play. Why can't more Rangers shoot the puck like Stralman does when he's open? Del Hesitation Zotto needs to wake the **** up. And Richards had a horrible game. Gaborik actually threw as many hits as Callahan, if not more. I was impressed, but I still don't think he needs to do that for us to be successful. Fedotenko and Boyle were our best offensive players. That's sad. Stepan, Richards, and Del Zotto need to wake the **** up.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 01:40 AM
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY

its all oevr boys pack i t up and head on gome we camt win wit h these godam turnovers

ChipAyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 01:53 AM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
No.

We simply need to control and possess the puck more. It's as simple as that.

If Del Zotto wasn't sleeping on BOTH Ottawa goals in regulation, we win this 2-0.

With that said, we played more like a Rangers team of a few years ago than this year. We were preparing for Ottawa to tie it. We just tried to desperately hold on. We need to play with more swagger and be harder on the puck. We had too many opportunities to get a puck deep, or get the puck out of the zone and start a quick transition that were complete fails. We need to be much better, and we need to find a way to score a ****ing goal on a god damn five minute power play. Why can't more Rangers shoot the puck like Stralman does when he's open? Del Hesitation Zotto needs to wake the **** up. And Richards had a horrible game. Gaborik actually threw as many hits as Callahan, if not more. I was impressed, but I still don't think he needs to do that for us to be successful. Fedotenko and Boyle were our best offensive players. That's sad. Stepan, Richards, and Del Zotto need to wake the **** up.
I don't see how you can blame Del Zotto for the 2nd goal. Ottawa had a clear path through the neutral zone because Gaborik decided to stand there and watch them skate past him, and Staal just got unlucky with his block. Del Zotto screwed up on the first Sens goal and then made up for it by creating the 2nd Rangers goal. I completely agree about Stepan though. He's been a HUGE disappointment over the last two games.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:03 AM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
W/e, **** happens. Rangers need to not let the Sens rile them up and get them off their game from here on out. Just play smart and not try to sit back on leads. The Sens are too good at rallying comebacks for playing passive.
this sounds right to me. cant get too crazy about one game. the rangers are a good team and will show that going forward. anything can happen, but i think the rangers are a better team and will be great in ottawa. a seven game series is long and usually the better team emerges.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:08 AM
Garden Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
It's getting annoying that we say this **** so many times throughout the season.
i forgot we lost so many big games this year???? lol relax

Garden Faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:17 AM
theJUMPER

Sens need garbage luck, involving own goals, Knicks induced bouncing ice and McD getting hit in the gonads.

Rangers take 2 of 2 in Ottawa. The way we're playing Karlsson is WORKING. I see him with the puck a lot, but i've only seen it work when del zotto stupidly skated in his crease for no reason.

theJUMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:32 AM
SAvery16*

We need Petr Prucha and Nigel Dawes goddamit!!! They actually won a playoff series.

SAvery16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:41 AM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 12000
Seriously the Sens got a few lucky bounces that led directly to goals. If we stay out of the box well, there's no way we'll lose 3 more games to this team.

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:48 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
The best part of all of this is Sens fans thinking they won because they inserted their tough guys, or any of that **** had anything to do with the win.

Two things won this game for the Sens, a lucky bounce on the first goal, and Hagelin's 5 minute penalty which completed stole the momentum the Rangers had at that point.

The Rangers aren't even playing their best hockey, and are still outplaying the Sens most of the game.

If their fans think they are going to win 3 more games like that, they are crazy.
The Sens ****ing blow. Their fan base is incredibly obnoxious and the seam sucks. If it wasn't for an MDZ own goal we're up 2-0. I say we take both in Ottawa and shut their stupid fanbase up.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 03:09 AM
The Perfect Paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
The Sens ****ing blow. Their fan base is incredibly obnoxious and the seam sucks. If it wasn't for an MDZ own goal we're up 2-0. I say we take both in Ottawa and shut their stupid fanbase up.
Usually I become pretty pessimistic after OT losses, but even after tonight I'm still incredibly confident in this team. I agree that they'll take the next two in Ottawa and I'm still sticking to my original series prediction (Rangers in 5)

It took a fluke goal, Dubinsky to sit out the entire game and awful officiating (on both sides) for the Sens to win. Up until that Hagelin penalty, I felt that the Rangers outplayed the Sens by a large margin at even strength. Even after Hagelin's penalty, the Rangers kept most of the Sens opportunities to the outside and allowed virtually no second opportunities. Granted, they should've been a little more aggressive, but the defensive side of their game was fantastic.

I'm confident that Torts and team realized that they can't sit on a lead against a team like Ottawa, who plays a run and gun style of hockey. If they truly learned their lesson, I don't see how Ottawa could get enough breaks to win the series. The only thing that really has me concerned is the PP. Seemingly, they should be able to beat the Sens despite their incompetent PP, but if they want to get past the second round, it needs to improve.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 03:23 AM
SnowblindNYR

I wasn't happy with the way they sat back for the Boyle goal. However the Senators got virtually no good chances. The one chance they got they buried. They scored on 2 fluke goals. I'm not too upset.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 03:36 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

This was the type of game that you lose to inexperience. It was a game we had a chance to put away several times, but couldn't, allowing Ottowa to goon and slop their way back in.

Take it, be angry about it, walk into Ottowa and **** on them 2 games in a row, bring it homes, and kick them the **** out of NY and the playoffs.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 04:28 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Could the refs get a fine or something for not jumping in an stopping the punches?

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 05:06 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
If Hags gets suspended that's a joke.

Dubi getting thrown should be apologized for.

Anybody sees Walsh they should feel free to punch him in the throat and leave him in a heap wherever it happens to occur.

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 05:33 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by mug25 View Post
Next Game:

1. Win more faceoffs
2. Hit more
3. Shoot more
4. STAY OUT OF HENRIK'S CREASE!!!!

If Hags get suspended (which knowing the NHL, he probably will be), let's hope we see Kreider and not Scott.
What did Hagelin do?

I believe we come back really strong in Ottawa.
Lets go Rangers.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 05:38 AM
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
What did Hagelin do?

I believe we come back really strong in Ottawa.
Lets go Rangers.
Got his elbow up on Alfie.

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote