HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 10.0

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2012, 11:39 PM
Aceekay

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsoil View Post
I think some people see forsbergs name and equate it to the next coming of christ! Petr forsberg is no longer nhl capable, get over it!
I'd really like you to justify your reasoning behind forsberg not being a valid top 5 pick.

I have a feeling your sample size of Forsberg is a few games at the juniors and the two u-18 games, which I might add don't really matter since they're playing against weaker teams, wait until they actually play some meaningful games. Until then, I just don't see how you can label him as a bust.

Old
04-14-2012, 11:41 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
If Edm do not want Yakupov I'm quite sure they'll trade the pick. They could get Murray + good value IMO
Agreed.... unless the Oilers think Columbus wants Murray. Maybe the Blue Jackets actually do like Murray enough to take him at #2?

Old
04-14-2012, 11:45 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
I'd really like you to justify your reasoning behind forsberg not being a valid top 5 pick.

I have a feeling your sample size of Forsberg is a few games at the juniors and the two u-18 games, which I might add don't really matter since they're playing against weaker teams, wait until they actually play some meaningful games. Until then, I just don't see how you can label him as a bust.
I think it's pretty indicative of who's actually seen him play before the U-18, and who actually knows their ass from a hole in the ground if they had seen him at the WJC. Forsberg played just fine at the WJC. I came away impressed.

But they see him in the U-18's, and he has an admittedly poor game today(it just was), and they conclude that the guy is a bad player(not just a great player having a bad game).

Old
04-14-2012, 11:54 PM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
I think it's pretty indicative of who's actually seen him play before the U-18, and who actually knows their ass from a hole in the ground if they had seen him at the WJC. Forsberg played just fine at the WJC. I came away impressed.

But they see him in the U-18's, and he has an admittedly poor game today(it just was), and they conclude that the guy is a bad player(not just a great player having a bad game).
I don't think he had a bad game i thought he had an avregae game he didn't dominate but he was still involved. That's thing about forsberg people expected the world from him because they've never seen him play before so when he isn't getting 3-4 point games its almost as if he shouldn't be drafted in the top 5 anymore, it also doesn't help that collberg is having a great tournament exceeding expectations and now people question if collberg is the better prospect, which is ridiculous since two games isn't enough evidence of him being better. Let's just wait until the end of the tournament.

Old
04-14-2012, 11:57 PM
Habsoil

vCash: 50
I certainly hope the kid has a great tournament and changes my mind.
I just dont see it happening, please god he does.

Why would you draft a player like forsberg if gally, grigs or yakupov are availible?

I just dont see the logic, u guys seem like dreamers. Imagining the best possible outcome for forsberg while tossing the others to the curb.

Like someone said here before, give me the devil i know instead of the one i dont.

Colberg is having a much better year than forsberg, if he was a few inches taller, no one mention forsberg at all.

Quote:

Old
04-14-2012, 11:59 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
Would you trade up for him? If so, how much would you give up?
I certainly would. I'd probably offer Tinordi + #3 overall or something.

I'm really high on Yakupov. Most impressive 17 years old since Crosby IMO.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:06 AM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Agreed.... unless the Oilers think Columbus wants Murray. Maybe the Blue Jackets actually do like Murray enough to take him at #2?
Yeah it's a real possibility

There would be a way to know. Offer them a 4th rounder or something so they do not draft him, If columbus does'nt want him they'll accept gladly. IIRC something like that happened in 1999 when Burke managed to get the Sedins.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:11 AM
Beakermania*

Collberg has been far more impressive than Forsberg in both the WJC and the U18 IMO.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:12 AM
Aceekay

Quote:

Why would you draft a player like forsberg if gally, grigs or yakupov are availible?

I just dont see the logic, u guys seem like dreamers. Imagining the best possible outcome for forsberg while tossing the others to the curb.

Like someone said here before, give me the devil i know instead of the one i dont.

Colberg is having a much better year than forsberg, if he was a few inches taller, no one mention forsberg at all.
No one is tossing Grigorenko or Galchenyuk to the curb everyone knows they're talented but who's to say Forsberg isn't? Scouts sure as hell the think he is, and the swedish scouts have said he's the best swede prospect since Backstrom which is a lofty claim. If anyone is getting tossed to the curb its forsberg you're disregarding him as a possible draft pick without giving him a chance.

Collberg is having a better year? come on, other then the world juniors Collberg hasn't done anything better than Forsberg, to say collberg is having a better year and no one would mention forsberg if collberg was a few inches taller is simply ridiculous.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:14 AM
Habsoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Collberg has been far more impressive than Forsberg in both the WJC and the U18 IMO.
My thoughts exactly, but some guys on here spent the year in sweden scouting forsberg. So they must know best!
Lets just trust them with our future!

Old
04-15-2012, 12:18 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:

I'm just suggesting that you watch the next 4-5 games and see what happens. He didn't play well today. He played great the first game(not sure if you caught that game). But neither of those games is what this kid can do.

Lets just watch.

Also, lets all, as habs fans, take a deep breath and accept that Ryan Murray is also a possibility. He's playing at the WC for Canada this year.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:19 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
I certainly would. I'd probably offer Tinordi + #3 overall or something.

I'm really high on Yakupov. Most impressive 17 years old since Crosby IMO.
He was 18 this past year, but I'd definitely try and move up for him to. He's just a sure bet to be a 40 goal type in the NHL, and I love his tenacious style. I really, really like Tinordi though, so I wouldn't move him, ideally Weber, but if I have to I'd move maybe Ellis or Beaulieu.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:23 AM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppingMTL View Post
I'm trying to be original if my comparisons here, what do you guys think? In similar style of play.
Grigorenko- More talented Mikko Koivu
Galchenyuk- (Stamkos lite)
Forsberg - (Potential Iginla)
Those comparisons are terribad.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:26 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
My thoughts exactly, but some guys on here spent the year in sweden scouting forsberg. So they must know best!
Lets just trust them with our future!
Collberg has 0 points this year in 40+ games in the SEL. A big fat goose-egg. Zero, Zip, Nada. Not even a fluke goal bouncing in off his ass, or a second assist off a dump and change.

And yet, it's Forsberg's production which must be questioned.

They say that if Forsberg were good enough he would have played his way up to the top lines and scored more. Yet, Collberg didn't score because he was buried on the 3rd and 4th lines.

This is the logic of the Forsberg/Collberg debate.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:29 AM
Habsoil

I m hoping he proves me wrong!

As for murray, i hope and pray he has an exceptional WC.
Might be what the doctor ordered for us to land yakupov without having to give up too much!

Quote:
I'm just suggesting that you watch the next 4-5 games and see what happens. He didn't play well today. He played great the first game(not sure if you caught that game). But neither of those games is what this kid can do.

Lets just watch.

Also, lets all, as habs fans, take a deep breath and accept that Ryan Murray is also a possibility. He's playing at the WC for Canada this year.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:42 AM
MarkovsKnee

Interesting. Just heard the news that Murray has been invited to the World Championships. I think the last junior who got that invite was Jonathan Toews, wasn't it?

If he has a really good WC does Edmonton take him before Yakupov?
I'm already looking forward to seeing how he performs.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:47 AM

Does anyone know if there are some good fighters that can play hockey in this draft?
It doesn't have to be a Milan Lucic, just someone that can play on the fourth line and not hurt his team a la Shawn Thornton.

Old
04-15-2012, 01:01 AM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Does anyone know if there are some good fighters that can play hockey in this draft?
It doesn't have to be a Milan Lucic, just someone that can play on the fourth line and not hurt his team a la Shawn Thornton.
Tom wilson is the definition of the player your looking for, his upside is milan lucic but i see him as a tougher moen.

Old
04-15-2012, 01:21 AM
Physical HABuse

I was just looking at one of the NHL.com mock drafts. They mentioned that Grigorenko is trying to learn french. I wonder how true that is. If so, that would be really impressive. His english is pretty good considering he's only been in North America for one year, but if he is actively trying to learn french and not just passively picking up a couple words......I'd be very impressed!

Old
04-15-2012, 01:26 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physical HABuse View Post
I was just looking at one of the NHL.com mock drafts. They mentioned that Grigorenko is trying to learn french. I wonder how true that is. If so, that would be really impressive. His english is pretty good considering he's only been in North America for one year, but if he is actively trying to learn french and not just passively picking up a couple words......I'd be very impressed!
It would be great but didnt Cammy Gio and Gomez said the same thing when we got them? Its way easier to learn english than learning french, we have trouble to write it properly ourselves..

Old
04-15-2012, 01:38 AM
CN_paladin

Speaking French requires some serious effort. Reading is a lot easier.

I'd rather have him concentrate on his game more than learning a foreign language.

Old
04-15-2012, 01:43 AM
Physical HABuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CN_paladin View Post
Speaking French requires some serious effort. Reading is a lot easier.

I'd rather have him concentrate on his game more than learning a foreign language.
I agree completely.....hockey first. However, I just thought that if he was seriously learning french and having success, that it speaks to his intelligence and determination. However, in thinking about it.....if I had to chose between dedication in the gym (as some say of Galchenyuk) and dedication in the french classroom.......it's a no brainer. You're still a hockey player!

Old
04-15-2012, 02:01 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
Tom wilson is the definition of the player your looking for, his upside is milan lucic but i see him as a tougher moen.
As much as I love the guy, many are right to question his offensive ceiling and his skating needs a lot of work. Dude is tough as nails, though.

Old
04-15-2012, 02:05 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
As much as I love the guy, many are right to question his offensive ceiling and his skating needs a lot of work. Dude is tough as nails, though.
He's been great in the playoffs. Especially this series against Kitchener.

Old
04-15-2012, 02:24 AM
Frattin23

Leafs fan coming in peace (I swear).

Ok, so as you guys are probably aware, most leaf fans are set on Galchenyuk. However, we only came to that conclusion since it is the most reasonable bet. We were sure that the habs would take the better prospect in Grigorenko. By better, I mean less risky. I am baffled to see that the habs board is now as set to take Gally as we are.

What swayed your decision? Were you guys always into Gally? Grigorenko is good, but I don't really like his attitude. Plus, he hasn't been too clutch in the playoffs this year. Just for laughs, did any of you see his interview with nhl.com? "One thing about me? I am romantic." LOL wtf...

Closed Thread