HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

NHL 12 Dynasty Thread Part 4

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2012, 08:17 AM
anatsu
twitter: @finanatsu

vCash: 500
Stars seems to be unbeaten

Dallas Stars have won now eight straight game and made pretty much sure that they will be playing in playoffs. Even though half of the season is still to be played. Stars are now third in Western Conference, but they lead their division by 7 points and their game has just got going. Dallas have won 11 of its' last 12 games. Before that they lost three games in a row, so man can say that Rangers-trade turned this organization to the right direction.

"Yes, guys have been unbelievable. They want win and it's showing on the ice. We are in good balance with our roster and there is healthy competition going in our roster. Example for last game we dropped Toby Petersen off, who has been great in his role, and took Carl Hagelin to play with our NHL-team. He made right away great goal and we will be giving him PP minutes too", said Stars GM Anatsu Southfield about his team.

"We are still though actively on the market looking if there are players who could help us. I don't want to give up picks, though. Some roster players could be on the move."

- Dallas News

Old
04-12-2012, 09:24 AM
Mokemon
Twitter: @ElManazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anatsu View Post
Realized what kind of team I could send on the ice:

Evander Kane 83 - Derek Stepan 84 - Loui Eriksson 87
Eric Nystrom 80 - Brandon Dubinsky 84 - Bryan Little 83
Carl Hagelin 80 - Vernon Fiddler 80 - Michael Ryder 82
Steve Ott 82 - Jake Dowell 78 - Adam Burish 79

Sheldon Souray 83 - Adam Pardy 80
Michael Del Zotto 81 - Mark Fistric 82
Wade Redden 79 - Stephane Robidas 81

Kari Lehtonen 87
Antero Niittymäki 82

Only some good left winger prospect would be nice to get to replace Nystrom at some point.. after that rebuild pretty much done.
Suggestion
Eriksson - Dubinsky - Hagelin
Kane - Stepan - Little
Ott - Fiddler - Ryder
Nystrom - Dowell - Burish

Old
04-12-2012, 09:40 AM
anatsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokemon View Post
Suggestion
Eriksson - Dubinsky - Hagelin
Kane - Stepan - Little
Ott - Fiddler - Ryder
Naah. Dubi+Little and Kane+Eriksson seems to play good when they are together and not so good when parted. Maybe changing Ott's and Nystrom's places, but that Ott-Dowell-Burish unbelievable grinder line.

Old
04-12-2012, 10:18 AM
Mokemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by anatsu View Post
Naah. Dubi+Little and Kane+Eriksson seems to play good when they are together and not so good when parted. Maybe changing Ott's and Nystrom's places, but that Ott-Dowell-Burish unbelievable grinder line.
Okay, you should try Ott as center, he is very good as a center.

Old
04-12-2012, 12:18 PM
anatsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokemon View Post
Okay, you should try Ott as center, he is very good as a center.
Well, that too could be one option.

Then lines would go:

Kane - Stepan - Eriksson
Dubinsky - Fiddler - Little
Hagelin - Ott - Ryder

Old
04-12-2012, 02:06 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

I forgot to update my Canucks dynasty, but I'm now in year 7 and winning Cups left and right...

E. Kane (89) - Hodgson (90) - C. Stewart (88)
A. Lehkonen (87) - Kesler (92) - J. Gregoire (84)
N. Varlamov (85) - G. Gauthier (84) - Hansen (84)
Teravainen (81) - P. Maillet (81) - F. Turbide (83)

Edler (89) - Pokka (87)
Vinny* (88) - Tanev (87)
A. Pelech (87) - P. Beutler (84)

Allen (91)
Lack (84)

*Created player

Won four straight Cups with the Sedins/Luongo core, then let most of them walk and the younger guys I had are just tearing the league apart.

I abused the game a bit - at the beginning of the season, you can look at the Team Reports and see which ones are the weakest. Then you can simply add a low pick to your first rounder and swap them for the weak team's 1st and it's pretty much a guaranteed top 10 pick and often a top 5 one.

and it seems really easy to trade away veteran players for blue chip prospects or young stars. Too easy, actually.

Old
04-12-2012, 03:12 PM
GAMO1992
50 in 14/15!

SO, I got bored with my Habs dynasty, so I decided to start one up with their arch-rivals: The Boston Bruins!

BOSTON TRIBUNE: September 15, 2011

Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli has been asked to leave the GM position of the Bruins to take on a higher role in the organization. Details unknown at this time what he will be doing. Tomorrow there is a press conference scheduled to announce the new GM of the Bruins.

BOSTON TRIBUNE: September 16,2011

The Bruins have announced at their press conference the new GM of the defending Stanley Cup champs, the Bruins. His name is Mark Morrison, who used to be an advisor to the Edmonton Oilers, but is now ready to take on a more important role. This is what he had to say:
"I am so honoured that the Bruins chose me to be their new GM. I'd like to take the time to thank Mr.(Peter) Chiarelli for all the work he has put into this team and building it to be the defending Stanley Cup champs. We have a lot of work to do, but my goal is not only to make the playoffs, but to repeat as cup champs!"

When asked about the team this is what Mr. Morrison had to say:
"This team is a very well built team. Strong D, fantastic goaltending, and a potent offense. If the time comes where I feel we need to improve, I will, we are looking at all options available."

When asked about concussed player Marc Savard Mr. Morrison had an answer:
"I asked Marc(Savard) whether he thinks he's going to be ready to play ever again. His response was 'not sure'. So I offered him a role as Assistant GM, and Head of Hockey Relations. He said he'd be honoured to, so I am here to officialy announce the retirement of Marc Savard as well. He will be sorely missed as a player, but he's not leaving the organization at all."

BOSTON TRIBUNE: September 17, 2011

New GM Morrison has already made his first trade and it is a huge one. Here it is broken down:

get:
LW Taylor Hall(B 84)

gets:
C David Krejci(C 87)
G Tim Thomas(D- 90)
@TSNBobMcKenzie: trade between Oilers and Bruins wasn't totally unexpected, as the Bruins new gm was an advisor there. The Bruins get a dynamic young player in Hall.

I Claimed off waivers:
D Kimo Timonen(from PHI)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

get:
C N.Backstrom(C 87)

get:
C Patrice Bergeron(C 87)
2016 2nd round pick(BOS)

Signed:
D Bryan McCabe 1 year, $3.00 MLL
RW Nicklas Bergfors 2 year, 2 way, $0.800K
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

get:
D Erik Gudbranson(B 79)

get:
D Andrew Ference(C 82)
2013, 2014, 2015 4th round draft picks(BOS)
2016 3rd round draft pick(BOS)

get:
D Jared Cown(B 80)

get:
D Dennis Seidenberg(C 83)
2014 3rd round draft pick(BOS)

get:
D Wade Redden(C 79)
2012 1st round pick(NYR)

get:
D Kimo Timonen(C- 84)
2015 2rd round draft pick(BOS)
2016 4th round draft pick(BOS)

I Claimed off waivers:
D Kimo Timonen(from NYR)

get:
RW Rick Nash(C 89)

gets:
RW Nathan Horton(C 85)
D Wade Redden(C 79)
2016 1st round draft pick(BOS)

get:
D Jake Gardiner(B 80)
RW Colton Orr

get:
D Joe Corvo(C 83)
RW Nicklas Bergfors(B- 79)
2012,2017 3rd round draft picks(BOS)

I Claimed off waivers:
D Joe Corvo(from TOR)

get:
2012 1st round pick(CGY)
D Joe Piskula(C 74)

get:
D Joe Corvo(C 83)
2013 3rd round draft pick

I also got D Jamie Oleksiak(B 67), but I forgot the exact deal lol

Line-up after all trades:
Hall - Seguin - Nash
Marchand -Backstrom - Lucic
Pouliot - Peverly - Rolston
Paille - Kelly - Orr
Scratches: G. Campbell

Chara - Gudbranson
Gardiner - McQuaid
Cown - Boychuk

Rask
Turco

comments and feedback on team would be muchly appreciated.

Last edited by GAMO1992: 04-12-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old
04-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Mhoogasian94123

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMO1992 View Post
SO, I got bored with my Habs dynasty, so I decided to start one up with their arch-rivals: The Boston Bruins!

BOSTON TRIBUNE: September 15, 2011

Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli has been asked to leave the GM position of the Bruins to take on a higher role in the organization. Details unknown at this time what he will be doing. Tomorrow there is a press conference scheduled to announce the new GM of the Bruins.

I also got D Jamie Oleksiak(B 67), but I forgot the exact deal lol

Line-up after all trades:
Hall - Seguin - Nash
Marchand -Backstrom - Lucic
Pouliot - Peverly - Rolston
Paille - Kelly - Orr
Scratches: G. Campbell

Chara - Gudbranson
Gardiner - McQuaid
Cown - Boychuk

Rask
Turco

comments and feedback on team would be muchly appreciated.
You made a few trades that are amazing since they were made possible due to so many waiver claims My only suggestion is trying to acquire Landeskog or Nails. They are awesome (if Nails is edited correctly) Good luck with your team.

Old
04-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Orange Thunder

Suggestion for a new beagm????

Old
04-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Mokemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Jacob View Post
Take Ducks, Senators, Hurricanes or Blues. What team I could take Hurricanes or Blackhawks.

Old
04-13-2012, 11:37 AM
anatsu

Stars negotiating with the Sabres and the Kings

There still can be trade or two, if believing the rumors around the league. Rumors are saying that Dallas Stars are scouting and negotiating with the Buffalo Sabres and the Los Angeles Kings.

This could mean left winger trade, which has been rumored also some time ago.

After that eight game winning streak Dallas had four game losing streak. Now Dallas have won two games and seem to be getting their game back on track.

- Dallas News

Old
04-14-2012, 12:23 AM
Kiss My Rask
VGHC

Just a general question, but are they're any proven methods to tanking in this game? Like whenever I do a rebuild of a team and trade all the good players the team either makes the playoffs or gets a pick in the 10-14 range, never a top 10 pick. Suggestions?

Old
04-14-2012, 12:27 AM
Kiss My Rask
VGHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Jacob View Post
Haven't seen much of the southeast, (i know you just did tr caps) but any of florida, Winnipeg, or Carolina would be good

Anaheim if those don't interest

Old
04-14-2012, 01:22 AM
Mhoogasian94123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Password is Taco View Post
Just a general question, but are they're any proven methods to tanking in this game? Like whenever I do a rebuild of a team and trade all the good players the team either makes the playoffs or gets a pick in the 10-14 range, never a top 10 pick. Suggestions?
I created a team with lowest rated players from international teams (primarily Japan, Germany, and Norway) and I only won 10-15 games. It was fun to trade some picks to get more top 10 picks but I can't guarantee it will happen again.

You can also play the first period of a game and pull your goalie and then quit after the period. Don't know if you have the time but that can also help you lose A TON of games.

Old
04-14-2012, 02:42 AM
velodim

Quote:
Easy. Sign a free agent goalie with lowest overall ratings and play him as the starter all 82 games i always get first overall pick

Old
04-14-2012, 09:11 AM
Kiss My Rask
VGHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhoogasian94123 View Post
I created a team with lowest rated players from international teams (primarily Japan, Germany, and Norway) and I only won 10-15 games. It was fun to trade some picks to get more top 10 picks but I can't guarantee it will happen again.

You can also play the first period of a game and pull your goalie and then quit after the period. Don't know if you have the time but that can also help you lose A TON of games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by velodim View Post
Easy. Sign a free agent goalie with lowest overall ratings and play him as the starter all 82 games i always get first overall pick

thanks for your suggestions, im gonna try them. Its so annoying when a team i know in real life would be s sure fire top 5 pick and ends up as the #7 seed in the playoffs or just misses it. when you trade almost all of your teams core players and make the playoffs, somethings wrong haha

Old
04-14-2012, 12:38 PM
Saabman0508
Harb Quote Count: 9

Quote:
thanks for your suggestions, im gonna try them. Its so annoying when a team i know in real life would be s sure fire top 5 pick and ends up as the #7 seed in the playoffs or just misses it. when you trade almost all of your teams core players and make the playoffs, somethings wrong haha
Sens say hi.

Old
04-14-2012, 06:01 PM
Kiss My Rask
VGHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabman0508 View Post
Sens say hi.
hahah nice one

good luck in game 2!

Old
04-14-2012, 06:22 PM
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem

Keith Aulie, Jared Staal, Brad Marchand all called up to the Jets while Johnny Boychuk, Mike Brown, Shane O'Brien, Brad Richardson sent down to Bingo

the lines are

C.Bourque -J.Staal - C.Perry
N.Kulemin - M.Grabovski - C.Clutterbuck
R.Hamilton - T.Bozak - B.Marchand
B.MacLean - C.Hodgson - J.Staal

C.Franson - M.Del Zotto
J.Liles - R.Suter
K.Aulie - C.Gunnarsson

J.Reimer
D.Brown

any opinions?

Old
04-15-2012, 02:43 AM
BlueGreenMan

Want to start a franchise but one thing is bugging me. At the start of season a ton of NHL players
(Kronwall,Timonen,Mike Fisher and multiple others) are in the AHL. I know this was a problem
before but I thought it got solved. I even edited some salary for upcoming UFA's on those teams to
give them tons of cap space but to no avail. Any help with this problem? It would be very appreciated Thanks.

BTW keep up the dynasty's love this thread.

Old
04-15-2012, 10:00 AM
velodim

This game is so annoying when it comes to the contracts. The salary should be based on the amount of points earned not the overall raitings... Come on, Wolski 84 overall in 2017 asks me for 4.2 millions a year playing on a 3rd line 15G 22A. Plus so many other players get over 85 in this game, 3rd and 4rd line players want big $$$$.... Fleury is 96 overall at age of 36, asks for 11 Millions, go suck a cactus...

Last edited by velodim: 04-15-2012 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Don't ask
Old
04-15-2012, 10:13 AM
anatsu

Stars close to make a deal with the Kings?

Dallas Stars and Los Angeles Kings are close to make a deal. Stars and Kings have now negotiated couple weeks about the details of deal and we have been told that the deal is close to be happen when deadline is coming closer.

There are 13 games in Stars' schedule left before trade deadline.

- Dallas News

Old
04-15-2012, 11:45 AM
pensrule2011

Okay guys I have one quick question that needs your input.

So I have a Stars Dynasty and my centers are Giroux (90),Brassard (89) and Nugent-Hopkins (88).

I have to get rid of one of them because have no cap space for my goalie Jack Campbell who is a 90 overall and his ELC ends this year.

So which one should I trade and should I trade him for picks or prospects?

Old
04-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Vertzedyek

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensrule2011 View Post

So I have a Stars Dynasty and my centers are Giroux (90),Brassard (89) and Nugent-Hopkins (88).

I have to get rid of one of them because have no cap space for my goalie Jack Campbell who is a 90 overall and his ELC ends this year.

I'd trade Brassard - for picks if they're high picks and if I know there's good prospects in the draft, for prospects if I find one or more players for position(s) that I find lacking in my team.

Old
04-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Kiss My Rask
VGHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensrule2011 View Post

brass

Closed Thread