HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jake Allen recalled

Old
04-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Stang

vCash: 500
Jake Allen recalled

St. Louis Blues
Jake Allen is recalled under emergency conditions; Brian Elliott listed as day-to-day with upper body injury. *******/IBQrhT
just now from web

Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 03:01 PM
SirPaste

vCash: 245
Apparantly its just to participate in practice and Elliott will be ready by Thursday

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 03:31 PM
spd

Hopefully Allen is back in Peoria by Friday. Peoria likely needs to win their next two games to make the playoffs. Right now they have Stalock (on loan from San Jose) who has a broken finger and Binnington who just signed an ATO. It could get really ugly this weekend since the team likes to give up 40+ shots against a lot this season.

spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:35 PM
h22prelude93

It appears Carlo has been nursing an injury as well.

Per Strickland:

Quote:
Colaiacovo to play?

The last two days D-man Kent Huskins has replaced Carlo Colaiacovo and has been paired with Alex Pietrangelo.

Hitchcock said Colaiacovo has been dealing with an upper body injury but could play if he’s able to go. He also added Colaiacovo looked much better on Tuesday and should be fine.

Colaiacovo says he’s ready to go.

Huskins does give the Blues an option if needed. He has playoff experience and certainly is familiar with San Jose. He does add a calming presence for Pietrangelo who will no doubt be targeted throughout the series. He lacks some of the puck moving ability Colaiacovo brings to the table but he’s positionally sound.

The fact that Colaiacovo is dealing with an injury could help explain his play as of late.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:41 PM
ManyIdeas

Has he been injured all year?

ManyIdeas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:53 PM
superblues
:sarcasm: implied

When is Cola not injured? As for Elliott, I caught part of a news report in which Hitch said the injury happened a week or two ago and has been nursing it.

superblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 07:46 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

I recall Jake Allen. We was just kids then. It was wartime. Winter of ought-seven. Wed dig in at night and listen to the volley of artillery, the shells whistling like the moon on a thing with the other thing. Ol Jake, he used to say if he ever got back home he was gonna buy a piece of land and marry a girl and forget all about the world. Mortar took his leg off one afternoon, clean at the knee. Went into shock and died in the hospital. I wrote the letter to his momma.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 08:17 PM
superblues
:sarcasm: implied

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
I recall Jake Allen. We was just kids then. It was wartime. Winter of ought-seven. Wed dig in at night and listen to the volley of artillery, the shells whistling like the moon on a thing with the other thing. Ol Jake, he used to say if he ever got back home he was gonna buy a piece of land and marry a girl and forget all about the world. Mortar took his leg off one afternoon, clean at the knee. Went into shock and died in the hospital. I wrote the letter to his momma.
How's he supposed to play goal with one and a half legs?

superblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 09:21 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by superblues View Post
How's he supposed to play goal with one and a half legs?
That were hard country, and it was said if a man should lose a limb he were done for. But I guess theys execptions to ever rule, because that man refuse to give up. Some folk say the Good Lord musta just took pity on him, but I reckon that boy he just had a part of hisself that were pure flint. Took over the old Abernathy 'stead and built it up. In time they elected him mayor, and it were said the town ain't never been guided by a wiser hand. I guess some men ain't pulled down into despair like the rest of us.

Old
04-11-2012, 02:59 AM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
LOLOLOL!

I suppose I should technically delete this post for being off topic...but then again, it is technically about recalling Jake Allen!

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 07:58 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

I recall Jake Allen said the man. Again, the boy asked. Yes again said the man. Then for a long time neither spoke. It dont always have to hurt, he said, squeezing the boys shoulders protectively against the blackened cloudless maw. The boy said nothing. Well be away from here and you dont have to dream about it. He looked for a sign, some small Gods mercy that the boy believed him. But the boy was inscrutable.