HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF GAME #2 Rangers vs Sens

Old
04-15-2012, 05:49 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
im so angry right now.

I watch games on DVR, Boyle had JUST scored his goal when an ******* friend of mine texted me to gloat about the loss. You have no idea how pissed i am right now. Id punch a puppy if there was one around. grrrrr
Next time, you don`t open or read any SMS coming in during the game.
Just my 2 cents.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 05:50 AM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubkov21 View Post
Got his elbow up on Alfie.
Ok. Thank you.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 05:53 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Hags's elbow wasn't dirty dirty, but enough to get him 1 game I reckon

Not a fan of us letting them come to OUR house and bully us around like that..

I feel the momentum has changed, let's hope the series isn't 3-1 in Sens favor after our visit there...

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 05:56 AM
Leetch66

They have just as good a team as we do...and probably tougher and probably faster as the forwards they employ are better 1-12 and then they have Karlsson . This is a very dangerous team and the only weakness they have versus us is in the net as we have Hank . We must generate more offense first and foremost and get more traffic in front and of course...get the PP going which just might take CK's creativity and speed . He has to go in and we live and die with his upside or mistakes...the time is now .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 06:07 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

I said before the series started that this Rangers team still needs to learn how to win playoff games. We have not developed a killer instinct yet. We have to learn to finish off opponents.

sens tried some cheese tactics and got away with it because we let them.

refs didn't help, but they never do.

04-15-2012, 06:37 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
Hey guys, coming in peace. I just can't find it in me to dislike the Rangers and have tons of respect for how the team is built and how they play the game. A few observations:

- I think Boyle pulling a Marchand on Karlsson might not have been the best idea as the Senators don't get enough credit as far as team toughness. This isn't the old Sens and they were going to respond, so while hits and everything is all good, that wasn't a very good idea, poking the bear kinda thing.

- Holy **** you guys block shots! As a fan it was getting very frustrating, but again, tons of respect for that approach, the Rangers style is what I like to see. Clean, hard-nosed hockey!

- This series just got intense and this game was very, very entertaining! See you in Ottawa folks! Hoping this pace keeps up. Cheers
Rangers lead the league in fighting majors, and up there in hits and blocked shots.

Poking the bear?

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 07:08 AM
Dorado*

Maclean outcoached Torts . Where was Rupp?
If Rupp dresses and doesn't get used to knock Neil out cold then what is his purpose.

Hagelin most likely made an example of and gone for 5-10 games given Alfie is a star / possible future HOFer .
Phillips nothing , Carkner who cares he's irrelevant .
The key to this series is Neil .
Didn't we used to have a player who could play a regular shift and get the other team off it's game ?
This loss and losing all the momentum is on
TORTs

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 07:20 AM
Chimp

I'm still baffled Torts didn't call a timeout when we folded like a camping chair in the 3rd. It's one of the few ways a coach can actively alter a game, use that ffs.

That should've been a 2-1 win.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 07:32 AM
msv957

The Rangers were the better team last night. It was just one of those games where the fluky bounces went the wrong way. However, over a series the better team usually wins and this Ranger team is the better team without a doubt.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 07:50 AM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
The Rangers were the better team last night. It was just one of those games where the fluky bounces went the wrong way. However, over a series the better team usually wins and this Ranger team is the better team without a doubt.
I have to disagree. The sens outplayed us for most of the game. Even on the pp we had in the first the sens had the better chances. It the don't wake up now this series will be over in 5.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 08:21 AM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
i agree with torts post game....it is a natural tendency to defend, with that said i feel like he should have used his timeout and rallied the troops....

secondly...hagelin...the way the league handles discipline is whether or not an injury occured. (I DO NOT LIKE THIS), but we can't do anything about it. I believe Hagelin will get suspended at least one game (god i hope kreider is ready)....

i'm curious if scott goes in...if he does, itll be for mitchell because torts won't subtract offense for toughness

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 08:30 AM
Maineice11

Quote:
Josh Rimer‏@JoshRimerHockey

Close

NHL To have 3 Hearings....NYR Carl Hagelin today for hit on Alfredsson, OTT Matt Carkner, and CHI Andrew Shaw for his hit on PHO Mike Smith

Retweeted by Steve Zipay
well glad to see carkner getting a hearing as well...i kind of wish phillips got a hearing for his hit, but cally is not injured (thank the lord)

Old
04-15-2012, 08:49 AM
McDonaghisGod
Oh, the pain!

What is up with all these Sens trolls showing up on our boards? They were very fortunate to win one game and they think they're world beaters. Scott should defintely be dressed next game. If guys like Neil and Carkner want to run around, he should destroy them.

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 08:52 AM
RespectTheCouts
Couts=0 offense

Flyers fan coming in peace, to me Hagelin's elbow on Alfie was not bad at all compared to what that POS Carkner did to Boyle, and I get why Dubinsky got 3rd man in but again Carkner is such a **** bag that I hope he's gone for the rest of your series, and come back off the ledge it's a 7 game series I refuse to believe these clowns are going to beat the Rangers

RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 08:58 AM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
I think the top line was affected by the flow of the game. All the cheapshots and penalties really hurt them getting any kind of momentum, the same could be said for the Spezza line. Hardly heard them at all.
I think Spezza will play better on the much better ice in Ottawa. I am going to game 3 and I expect a far more open game. Better ice and the Rangers getting beaten trying to go into a shell in the third. I expect they will not stop pressing even if they have the lead. I think Spezza will be a real force the next two games. Gaborik and Richards and the skill Rangers will need to score or the Rangers will be in tough shape. This is going to be a great series.

I find it interesting to read the Rangers fans opinions. Don't want to start a fight on your home boards. Just going to say... this is a pretty even series. 1-8 means little. The Senators were the 16th place team in the NHL regular season and could beat any team in this years playoffs in a 7 game series. The Rangers, Canucks, Pens and Blues were the top 4 teams and they could easily lose to any team in this years playoffs. Parity makes every series a coin flip. The series will go to the team that fights hardest for it. Best of 5. I think it will go to 7 games regardless of who wins.

It has been a pretty even series so far with both teams playing well for the most part. Ottawa got caught up a bit at the start of game one in the "playoffs" and then they settled in, pushed the Rangers hard in the second period, then Torts makes a brilliant time out, the Rangers get some quick goals. Ottawa presses hard in the 3rd late and shows they won't give up. Last game the Rangers tried to play safe on a one goal lead... and lost it on a dirty goals by the grinders in the 3rd and OT.

Ottawa learned. Rangers learned. This is going to just be a crazy Game 3... so glad I have tickets to the game.

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:06 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

weren't you guys a -52 for the season last year? rofl

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:07 AM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrawlFan View Post
First off relax, Second just because I post something that you hate to admit doesnt make it trolling, I was looking for a discussion but I guess all you want to do is insult fans that wanna do that.

I could make a comment about how NY fans are utterly pathetic about rooting for a team that does nothing but choke when it counts, and rely heavily on a goalie that has a very unique way of rounding out into Playoff form but I wont talk about how NY were supposed to steamroll our team and cant seem to play offense more than 6 minutes a game. But I wont, I'll just say that throwing stones while you live in a glass house is a dangerous game.....

I really hope Scott plays so I can witness this massacre you are describing...
Because the Sens are such well-known playoff performers, right? Their 0 Cups really shows it. And our goalie is winning the Vezina. What's your goalie winning? A first round exit.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:11 AM
MSG the place to be*

Since everyone else is being totally irrational and over the top, allow me to mention how gaboriks dexterity deficiency has reached new levels. One time jump into the glass after you score. Just once. What a clown.

We want to be a puck possession team well our highest paid player is a joke in that area. Trade him for Simmons and schenn.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:12 AM
BrawlFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Because the Sens are such well-known playoff performers, right? Their 0 Cups really shows it. And our goalie is winning the Vezina. What's your goalie winning? A first round exit.
Leaning pretty hard on 1994 aren't we? We will see what happens I suppose. It is unbeleivable that every NY fan I talk to in the real world gives way to an actual discussion about player shortcomings and valuable areas of their game but you post two things here and its like swords coming at you.

I said that Neil is valuable because he does things that make you wanna target him instead of a Spezza, which is his job.

But go ahead and love Lundqvist. Maybe he can talk about how awesome the regular season was to the Sedins as they lift the Presidents Trophy....what do you mean there is no trophy

Look NY fans I'm not looking to fight here but I will defend my team.

BrawlFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:13 AM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

If we can't make them pay with our Powerless Play... What's the point?

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:16 AM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrawlFan View Post
Leaning pretty hard on 1994 aren't we? We will see what happens I suppose. It is unbeleivable that every NY fan I talk to in the real world gives way to an actual discussion about player shortcomings and valuable areas of their game but you post two things here and its like swords coming at you.

I said that Neil is valuable because he does things that make you wanna target him instead of a Spezza, which is his job.

But go ahead and love Lundqvist. Maybe he can talk about how awesome the regular season was to the Sedins as they lift the Presidents Trophy....what do you mean there is no trophy

Look NY fans I'm not looking to fight here but I will defend my team.
Sens are celebrating their 20th year, right? Just checking.

And you come here saying that a facewash and a shove is the same as being suckered while already laying on the ice. Yeah...OK.

Also read a post wishing injury on our stars, but that's against the site rules and a cause for infractions anyway. Go back to your own boards, and troll away about our team. I don't care, but don't come here, say **** about our team, and expect to be welcomed with roses.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:19 AM
Maineice11

so why is it that NHL feels similar actions are ruled differently because one was an injury? i don't understand, the point to this disciplinary actions are to prevent injury...yet the league basically says you can do this all you want you wont get suspended until you hurt someone...i am understanding that correctly right?

Old
04-15-2012, 09:29 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
so why is it that NHL feels similar actions are ruled differently because one was an injury? i don't understand, the point to this disciplinary actions are to prevent injury...yet the league basically says you can do this all you want you wont get suspended until you hurt someone...i am understanding that correctly right?
Yep, you nailed it.

Pretty pathetic league.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:33 AM
Maineice11

i also felt hagelin did not look the same after the hit...he seemed real timid, you could see he knew he made a mistake and acouldn't put it behind him, he's young, he will learn to deal with situations like that better

Old
04-15-2012, 09:37 AM
Dorado*

It's basically going to take someone BERTUZZI ing another player again before anything changes . What a joke . I have no problem with 62 getting a game , despite the fact that Alfie looked to try and duck the check a bit and that's how he got hit so high . But if Shea Weber can ram a guys face into the glass and not miss a game not sure how a PURE HOCKEY PLAY , albeit a debatably reckless one gets judged diff

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote