HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Should John Scott Play?

Old
04-15-2012, 07:29 AM
littleD

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to littleD
Yes, please play Scott.

Honestly, the series could easily be 2-0 in y'alls favour. Why you would want to bring in a guy like that is beyond me. I mean, I guess the Rangers could pull something stupid like MacLean/Carkner did in game 2, but I don't see it.

littleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 07:40 AM
JayQueensNY88*

If the sens have Konopka,Carkner and Neil in then yes...NYR matches those 3 with Rpp,Prust,Bickel and Scott.

Whats fair is fair.

Ott goons it up,then NYR goons it up.

Cant risk then going after our soft players,needs to be addressed immed. and im sure Torts will do so.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 07:56 AM
DZ4

Our 4th line is terrible right now, John Scott would make it even worse. We need to pick up our offense not worry about fighting. I don't see Scott being able to provide anything to our team besides being involved in a fight.

DZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 08:09 AM
chosen

The Rangers should dress Scott if their goal is to lose.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 08:21 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

No. We already have Prust, Rupp, and Bickel for fighting purposes. If Hags gets a game then Kreider should play.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 08:22 AM
eco's bones

Ottawa may have lost Alfredsson--a key offensive player. Possibility that Hagelin is suspended. If that happens I expect Kreider will be in. Even so--Alfredsson out of the lineup means Konopka continues to play and maybe even Carkner--though it wouldn't surprise me if the league wants to talk things over with Carkner too. If it gets to the point where Ottawa is just beating guys up maybe you put Scott in--but too early in the series now.

Rangers have to continue to target Karlsson--hopefully not taking penalties to do it but they've got to take space away from him. Spezza's been noticeable but not all that productive. Michalek not all that noticeable but he's dangerous. Losing Dubinsky hurt us a lot more than them losing Carkner. We'll get him back. Not sure the Sens are getting Alfie back.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 08:25 AM
gaels22

rupp has to start being more effective. the last couple years of playoffs he has played well. i hope he isn't too old to step it up again.

gaels22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 08:38 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Rangers have to continue to target Karlsson--hopefully not taking penalties to do it but they've got to take space away from him.
I love you. That's exactly what needs to happen. If we stop getting in his head then they won.

& we can be sure they try to get in ours.

PS: rumor is that Carkner has a hearing scheduled for noon today. Haven't seen anything for Phillips... kind of baffled by that. We'll find out soon.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 08:41 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

The Rangers should dress Scott and have him attack the Swede just like Carkner attacked Boyle. Scott gets tossed from the game. The 3rd Ottawa player joining the altercation gets a game misconduct. No fine or suspension for the coach. No fine for the organization. Make it Slap Shot and Goon all rolled into one series.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 08:43 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Scott is a useless plug who can't play hockey. Rupp can at least play, and Torts gave him a little more than 2 mins anyway. How much will he give Scott? The right thing to do for OTT would be to put Spezza and Karlsson on the ice and have them skate circles and figure 8's around him. If you can't catch 'em, you can't hit 'em.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 08:45 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Rangers should dress Scott and have him attack the Swede just like Carkner attacked Boyle. Scott gets tossed from the game. The 3rd Ottawa player joining the altercation gets a game misconduct. No fine or suspension for the coach. No fine for the organization. Make it Slap Shot and Goon all rolled into one series.
Except that we'll probably be seeing another ref besides Walsh, so the third man wouldn't get anything, as it's supposed to be.

Old
04-15-2012, 09:09 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Let him pound Neil/Carkner like Carkner did last night and wish that we kill it off. Send a message.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:11 AM
MAYO

I think we'll be seeing two new faces in our line up. Hags is going to get min. a game for his hit on Alfie. Expect to see Krieder and Scott in the lineup. We went to get Scott for a series against Philly or boston, but this is becoming one in which we throw him on the ice early, either set the stage or even better, get him tossed and take someone with him. And not to open a can of worms, but I miss our #16, this is a perfect series for him, watch Neil out there, his mouth is doing as much work as his skating, we have nothing or no one right now to take care of bussiness!!

MAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:13 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
I miss Boogaard.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:17 AM
eco's bones

Boyle and Dubi were targets all year long. Boyle was probably our best player last night. Dubinsky always sticks up for his teammates. Not a great fighter but he does have that Adam Graves gene.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:28 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Except that we'll probably be seeing another ref besides Walsh, so the third man wouldn't get anything, as it's supposed to be.
No the NHL established a precedent. Third man in gets tossed. The letter of rule was called last night. They can't change it for the next altercation.

Old
04-15-2012, 09:31 AM
Fleury4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I miss Boogaard.
Carkner will be suspended, Neil won't fight Scott, so I don't see a reason to dress him.

Carkner gave Boogaard the injury that led to his death.

Fleury4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:33 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

The Rangers should have Scott slam Karlsson into the ice head first. Scott pounds Karlsson in the back of his head. Shoving his face into the ice. The visor will cut Karlsson big time. There will be a big pool of blood on the ice.

Quote:
The question is, why wouldn't you send out a goon to take out other team's best player? What's the downside? League won't touch you.
https://twitter.com/#!/DamoSpin/stat...28765162143744

The Sens put a bounty out on Boyle.

Old
04-15-2012, 09:35 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
No the NHL established a precedent. Third man in gets tossed. The letter of rule was called last night. They can't change it for the next altercation.
Although this is the NHL we're talking about, where calling out the Penguins is a bigger offense than smashing someone's head into the boards, so who knows what will happen?

Old
04-15-2012, 09:39 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Our PP sucks as it has all season, we've given up 3 goals in two 3rd periods, we may be without Hagelin, and Gabby was a ghost in game 2.

Scott will solve these issues how?

Riche16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:51 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Never take things personally. It clouds your judgement.

04-15-2012, 09:51 AM
Artanis

Quote:
The Rangers should have Scott slam Karlsson into the ice head first. Scott pounds Karlsson in the back of his head. Shoving his face into the ice. The visor will cut Karlsson big time. There will be a big pool of blood on the ice.

The Sens put a bounty out on Boyle.
Seriously?
I don't even think Scott can touch Karlsson.

Artanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:59 AM
Graves94

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerboy View Post
the rangers should dress scott and have him attack the swede just like carkner attacked boyle. Scott gets tossed from the game. The 3rd ottawa player joining the altercation gets a game misconduct. No fine or suspension for the coach. No fine for the organization. Make it slap shot and goon all rolled into one series.
exactly!

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Graves94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Our PP sucks as it has all season, we've given up 3 goals in two 3rd periods, we may be without Hagelin, and Gabby was a ghost in game 2.

Scott will solve these issues how?
I would dress Scott in place of Mitchell, and double shift Richards/Gabby. I would use Scott if need be, or to send a message. This series could get uglier, and I'd rather have Scott than Mitchell, who has been unnoticeable for the past several weeks.
Ottawa's starting line up was a direct message to Torts and the Rangers, similar to NJ in the reg season. It's up to Torts to respond, smartly of course.

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:09 AM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

From your lips to Torts ears

Quote:

surf is offline   Reply With Quote