HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hagelin to have hearing on Sunday (UPDATE: Suspended 3 games)

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

vCash: 500
Here's what I don't get: Dubinsky gets a game misconduct for jumping in to protect Boyle from Carkner's rabbit punches to the body, but Spezza gets nothing for jumping in to protect Karlsson from Boyle's rabbit punches to the head?

Please, NHL, just a little consistency is all we're asking for...

Old
04-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmedguy View Post
Hagelin should get a minimum of 5 games for that headshot. Sherriff Shanny has already set the presidence, if you target the head of a star player you get 5 games ( Keith on D. Sedin). Adios Hagelin!
regular season definitely...in playoffs he will not get 5 games, playoff games are weighed more heavily. I bet you would have seen Keith get only 2-3 if that happened in the playoffs

Old
04-15-2012, 09:27 AM
Tuna99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ogrodnick View Post
Probably not if he caught a sucker punch to the jaw before the fight even started.
Carkner gave him fair warning - I know Carkner is a scary guy but if Boyle is tough enough to go after 180 pound Karlsson he has to be tough enough to face guys who are the same size as him. It's that simple.

Old
04-15-2012, 09:33 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Can somebody give me a link to the Karlsson video? I don't remember anything but Boyle giving him a facial, and I can't see that being what this was all about... I mean Foligno basically chased Stepan/Callahan around that entire game(1) and slashed them/cross checked/shoved, and crashed the net once or twice... Neil made a run at Henk too if I recall the name...

Old
04-15-2012, 09:34 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Carkner should get 2-3 games easy as his sole purpose was to assault Boyle. That being said I bet he gets a game because it is the playoffs.

Hagelin will 100% get a game, regardless that Alfie was in a weird position Carl should not have his elbow up so high and this is the second time a ranger player hit him in the head. If Wolski never did it earlier in the year I'd say maybe he gets just a fine, but two times from us is not going to get him a pass.

The problem is Shanny like the officials and NHL in general is terribly inconsistent. If Wener got suspended we wouldn't even be having this discussion, we would know Hagelin would sit for a game.

Hags 1 game
Carkner 1 game
book it

if Weber didnt get a game for slamming a players face into the glass head first, i dont see how Hagelin gets a a game although the elbow was a bad play.....Hagelin isnt a repeat offender. my bet is he gets a fine and a warning

Old
04-15-2012, 09:36 AM
pld459666

first offence for Hagelin, 2,500.00 fine. No suspension

Old
04-15-2012, 09:36 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
BUT if he's not hurt they won't call it... didn't we just figure this out?
Absolutely, but I have been saying all year how awful that is. Simply continuing with that sentiment.

Last night torts said if we lose hagelin they should lose Phillips. Wonder if he has learned anything from the recent fines or if we can expect to hear something.

Old
04-15-2012, 09:37 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
if Weber didnt get a game for slamming a players face into the glass head first, i dont see how Hagelin gets a a game although the elbow was a bad play.....Hagelin isnt a repeat offender. my bet is he gets a fine and a warning
I think one game isn't over the top. There's no doubt that they will headhunt him if he's in and Alph isn't. They already showed it with Boyle-- and all he did was give a guy a washing and a shove-- hell they even called a guy up to take Boyle out!

BUT Phillips should get one, too... No doubt.

Old
04-15-2012, 09:41 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
Carkner gave him fair warning - I know Carkner is a scary guy but if Boyle is tough enough to go after 180 pound Karlsson he has to be tough enough to face guys who are the same size as him. It's that simple.
I'd like to know your definition of fair warning. I saw carkner skate up from boyles blindside grab his Jersey and give him an ungloved punch to the jaw which stunned Boyle and gave carkner the upper hand as he continued to pound Boyle after taking him down to the ice.
As much as I hate Neil at least he did it the right way by squaring off with Boyle. Just like when bertuzzi went looking for revenge on Weber.

Old
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
Awful, just awful. Same exact hit.
From a neutral, the hits are a bit different.

While both make contact to the head, it looked, at least from the replays that I saw, that Phillips elbow was tucked against his body; Hagelin's was out and up.

Old
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
The Burns elbow forced Nichol to drop to one knee in obvious pain. This was about as blatant as it gets as Burns showed zero interest in playing the puck. If this isnít suspendable then I donít know what is.

Then again Shea Weber escaped a suspension after slamming Henrik Zettebergís head into the glass.

Only in the NHL can a Head Coach get fined $20,000 for making comments about an official but a player gets $2,500 for ramming a players head into the glass.
http://www.truehockey.com/articles/Dont-Open-That-Door

No hearing for Burns today

Old
Graves94

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
first offence for Hagelin, 2,500.00 fine. No suspension
If he has a hearing, he's getting suspended. He'll be suspended 1-2 games, because Alfredsson got hurt.
I'm curious to see what happens with Carkner? If he's not suspended things can/will get ugly. I would dress Scott for the sole purpose of going after one of their top players and doing the same as Carkner.

Old
04-15-2012, 09:44 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
If he has a hearing, he's getting suspended. He'll be suspended 1-2 games, because Alfredsson got hurt.
I'm curious to see what happens with Carkner? If he's not suspended things can/will get ugly. I would dress Scott for the sole purpose of going after one of their top players and doing the same as Carkner.
Lucic had a hearing didn't he? He managed to weasel his way out of a suspension during it.

Old
04-15-2012, 09:46 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

lucic plays for boston

--hagelin does not

Old
04-15-2012, 09:47 AM
Maineice11

Quote:
using your thinking....since carkner has a hearing today he is getting suspended...that being said im curious to see how long carkner gets since he did not injure boyle

Old
04-15-2012, 09:50 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
lucic plays for boston

--hagelin does not
Lol

Love this league.

Old
04-15-2012, 09:51 AM
Tuna99

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
I'd like to know your definition of fair warning. I saw carkner skate up from boyles blindside grab his Jersey and give him an ungloved punch to the jaw which stunned Boyle and gave carkner the upper hand as he continued to pound Boyle after taking him down to the ice.
As much as I hate Neil at least he did it the right way by squaring off with Boyle. Just like when bertuzzi went looking for revenge on Weber.
If Boyle isn't ready for everything that's coming his way in a playoff game when he knows he's a marked man then what can you say? Carkner hit him and gave him a verbal warning and then the bombs started and Boyle turtled as fast as he could. The replay shows that

Old
04-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Deathdealer

if boyle was a marked man then the sens coach should be susspended in todays hockey, that is intent to injure and kinda a bounty system, wich has no place in todays sport

Old
04-15-2012, 09:53 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

And why was Boyle targeted? Karlsson can't handle a little shove and a facewash? Sens fans are about as sensitive as Karlsson himself. No wonder they're defending Carkner.

Old
04-15-2012, 09:53 AM
Graves94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
using your thinking....since carkner has a hearing today he is getting suspended...that being said im curious to see how long carkner gets since he did not injure boyle
98% of the time there is a hearing, there is a suspension, unless of course you're a Penguin, or Lucic...
Carkner will get suspended ,because if he isn't it, will set a precedent and all hell will break loose in this series and all other current and future series.
On another note, how the hell does Burns from the Sharks, not getting a hearing/suspension, on the hit to Nichols head last night

Old
04-15-2012, 09:55 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
If Boyle isn't ready for everything that's coming his way in a playoff game when he knows he's a marked man then what can you say? Carkner hit him and gave him a verbal warning and then the bombs started and Boyle turtled as fast as he could. The replay shows that
So it justifies a sucker punch?

OK, good to know.

There is a right way to get revenge, carkner didn't do it.

Old
04-15-2012, 09:57 AM
Tuna99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathdealer View Post
if boyle was a marked man then the sens coach should be susspended in todays hockey, that is intent to injure and kinda a bounty system, wich has no place in todays sport
This is the NHL not the NFL - marked players is what happens. There was no intent to injure, there was intent to intimidate and there's a big difference there.

Old
04-15-2012, 09:59 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
This is the NHL not the NFL - marked players is what happens. There was no intent to injure, there was intent to intimidate and there's a big difference there.
Yes, Carkner meant to give him a massage when he was landing haymakers on someone who's already down.

Old
04-15-2012, 10:02 AM
Deathdealer

Quote:
ok so we should have more bertuzzi like plays in the nhl? you want to hit the s*** outta someone fine, but you dont at5tack somone and start pummleing them. and thats the coach's fault, he should be gone 2 games

Old
04-15-2012, 10:05 AM
Maineice11

Quote:
98% of the time there is a hearing, there is a suspension, unless of course you're a Penguin, or Lucic...
Carkner will get suspended ,because if he isn't it, will set a precedent and all hell will break loose in this series and all other current and future series.
On another note, how the hell does Burns from the Sharks, not getting a hearing/suspension, on the hit to Nichols head last night

agreed...but this is playoffs so the system alters a bit...no idea why burns escapes odd league

Closed Thread