HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Roster Changes/Call-up Ideas For Game 3

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-14-2012, 03:38 PM
  #76
mpp9
Registered User
 
mpp9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 16,532
vCash: 500
Neal hasn't scored, but he's been punishing guys on the forecheck. People aren't mentioning it b/c that line hasn't created a whole lot of pressure with the matchup Laviolette has on them.

I'll say this. Our vet role players have to outplay Philly's rookies in our end. Commitment to team D in our end.

This team has to accept we can't outscore them in a run and gun game. Sooner they accept that, the better.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 03:41 PM
  #77
Genetic
Registered User
 
Genetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 545
vCash: 500
im usually not the one to be sooooooo optimistic but i truly believe we can win both games in philly to tie it up. it wont be easy but i think we have a good chance at it.

paul martin on the other hand, i dont think he has a chance of making the mens C league at my local rink.

Genetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 04:05 PM
  #78
Steve Durbano
Registered User
 
Steve Durbano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Burbs of Bmore
Country: United States
Posts: 744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic View Post
im usually not the one to be sooooooo optimistic but i truly believe we can win both games in philly to tie it up. it wont be easy but i think we have a good chance at it.

paul martin on the other hand, i dont think he has a chance of making the mens C league at my local rink.
I'm dumbfounded by Martin. I thought he and Michalek last year were stellar. We played awesome defense the entire year, just had no scoring.

This team is blowing the prime years of their stars. It's time to bring up Dupres, let him get some prime time playoff experience.

We've got realistically about a 20% chance of winning the series. At least get him some experience on the big stage.

Steve Durbano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 04:26 PM
  #79
Terrapin
Registered User
 
Terrapin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,497
vCash: 500
Looks like Nisky practiced today. Hopefully he can go tomorrow. If he's fully healthy, put him with Engo or Orpik as your 2nd line. If he's not 100%, put him on the bottom pairing with Martin and play them 5 minutes.

Terrapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 04:34 PM
  #80
Jag68Sid87
Registered User
 
Jag68Sid87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 28,041
vCash: 500
AN injured defenseman is the last thing this blueline needs. If Niskanen isn't 100 per cent, why bother? He's not Nick Lidstrom. He's our No. 5.

Strait is healthy. Despres is still in the A for some mind-boggling reason.

It's completely hopeless if management and the coaches aren't using the EYEBALL test to make decisions along the blueline.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 04:41 PM
  #81
SidGenoMario
Registered User
 
SidGenoMario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,185
vCash: 511
Someone tell me what that "Breaking News" thread said. I'm guessing it was a troll thread, but still.

SidGenoMario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 04:52 PM
  #82
Terrapin
Registered User
 
Terrapin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidGenoMario View Post
Someone tell me what that "Breaking News" thread said. I'm guessing it was a troll thread, but still.
Some idiot posted something about the Pens plane landed, someone sneezed, Letang through his head back, etc. Typical Flyer loser. Oh well, I'd probably be the same way if my team hasn't won a championship since Gerald Ford was in office.

Terrapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 04:53 PM
  #83
Terrapin
Registered User
 
Terrapin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
AN injured defenseman is the last thing this blueline needs. If Niskanen isn't 100 per cent, why bother? He's not Nick Lidstrom. He's our No. 5.

Strait is healthy. Despres is still in the A for some mind-boggling reason.

It's completely hopeless if management and the coaches aren't using the EYEBALL test to make decisions along the blueline.
I'd rather see a scarecrow placed out there than Lovejoy again.

Terrapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 05:12 PM
  #84
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson
 
Crafton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 9,502
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
I'd rather see a scarecrow placed out there than Lovejoy again.

Letang-Michalek
Orpik-Cutout Orpik
Martin-Engelland

Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 05:15 PM
  #85
PGHSports
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 663
vCash: 500
Watching Lovejoy still baffles me how he played over Engelland in the Tampa series last year.

PGHSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 06:06 PM
  #86
Ominous Grey
Registered User
 
Ominous Grey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 2,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
As far as I'm concerned, that makes him a +1 on Orpik. Flame away . . .
I agree with KIRK. Orpik has been nearly as bad as Lovejoy, and I didn't know that was possible. He was running around everywhere but to his coverage last night. It was crazy.

As far as I'm concerned you go with Strait instead of Lovejoy and either Niskanen or Despres instead of Orpik.

Tangradi instead of Adams is cool, too, I guess. Doesn't really matter what we do on the offensive side. If we don't bench Martin or Orpik, the defense is going to keep floundering. Enough is enough.

Ominous Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 06:09 PM
  #87
Terrapin
Registered User
 
Terrapin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Crafton View Post

Letang-Michalek
Orpik-Cutout Orpik
Martin-Engelland
Can we get a cutout of Ulf to put out there? Orpik sucks

Terrapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 06:19 PM
  #88
Tafkak
Registered User
 
Tafkak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Saginaw, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 4,412
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Tafkak
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaticBirdman View Post
Great idea.
Yeesh, surprised he's not throwing in Malkin to the bench list as well.

Tafkak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 06:20 PM
  #89
bigd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
I avoided this thread because I knew it would be just one big Tangradi circle jerk. And, as usual, I was correct. I get a lot of people here are madly in love with the guy, but guess what, he's had as many goals this year as Steve Macintyre, and 1 less than Carl ****ing Sneep. Jeffrey hasn't even seen the ice in 2 months. You could make a case for Park over Adams or Asham, but that's it. With 8 goals in 2 games, offense isn't a problem anyway.

Personally I think they should call up Despres and dress 7 D. They all suck, but at least that'll limit ice time for clowns like Martin and Lovejoy. Double shift Sid and Geno on the 4th all game: Vitale-Sid/Geno-Asham/Park.

Defense:
Letang-Engelland
Orpik-Michalek
Martin-Despres/Lovejoy
The last thing we need is another high risk D-man in the line up. Despres is to high risk at this point.

bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 06:31 PM
  #90
Sidney the Kidney
All zee Germans!
 
Sidney the Kidney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,710
vCash: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Crafton View Post

Letang-Michalek
Orpik-Cutout Orpik
Martin-Engelland
Cutout Orpik would probably stay in position more often than real Orpik. Real Orpik seems to want to throw hits out in the neutral zone, even when the play is already inside our own zone.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 06:33 PM
  #91
Jag68Sid87
Registered User
 
Jag68Sid87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 28,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd View Post
The last thing we need is another high risk D-man in the line up. Despres is to high risk at this point.
So replace a high risk with a high risk.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 06:33 PM
  #92
SteelFish87*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGHSports View Post
Watching Lovejoy still baffles me how he played over Engelland in the Tampa series last year.
Bylsmagic

SteelFish87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 07:03 PM
  #93
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 27,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
So replace a high risk with a high risk.
A high risk but higher reward with Despres, IMO.

If Nisky dresses, then I'd go with seven defensemen just in case. As I noted in another thread, it has the added benefit of making it harder for Philly to match. Also, with eleven forwards, it's harder to predict/match there too.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 07:09 PM
  #94
Ominous Grey
Registered User
 
Ominous Grey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 2,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
If Nisky dresses, then I'd go with seven defensemen just in case.
I'd be cool with 7 defense. Orpik could sit and we could swap Nisky & Despres depending on who is sharper.

Of course that will never happen, but I can dream.

Ominous Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 08:02 AM
  #95
bigd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
A high risk but higher reward with Despres, IMO.

If Nisky dresses, then I'd go with seven defensemen just in case. As I noted in another thread, it has the added benefit of making it harder for Philly to match. Also, with eleven forwards, it's harder to predict/match there too.
Ya, maybe we score two more goals and lose 8-7 instead of 8-5.

bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:32 AM
  #96
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor
 
jmelm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd View Post
The last thing we need is another high risk D-man in the line up. Despres is to high risk at this point.
Despres can be high risk, but at least he brings some reward along with that risk. He's our 2nd best "offensive" defenseman with Niskanen out, and we have to STOP using 4 forwards out there on every power play; especially on the 2nd unit.


I also think his size, physical game, and youthful enthusiasm could come in handy; and I'm also a big believer that if we want guys like Despres, Tangradi & Jeffrey to be big parts of our team next year, giving them some experience in the playoffs would be helpful.

jmelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:59 AM
  #97
Ugene Malkin
Oh..Well!
 
Ugene Malkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 21,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelm View Post
Despres can be high risk, but at least he brings some reward along with that risk. He's our 2nd best "offensive" defenseman with Niskanen out, and we have to STOP using 4 forwards out there on every power play; especially on the 2nd unit.


I also think his size, physical game, and youthful enthusiasm could come in handy; and I'm also a big believer that if we want guys like Despres, Tangradi & Jeffrey to be big parts of our team next year, giving them some experience in the playoffs would be helpful.
This is why I brought up the 7 D-man in the first place. There's no need to tax the 6 regulars and helps keep them fresh. Rolling one of the 4 players I mentioned will definitely throw Peter off on whatever matchups he trys to instill. Double shifting them on the fourth line is gonna tax their lines.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.