HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF GAME #2 Rangers vs Sens

Old
04-15-2012, 12:12 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers09 View Post
Can someone get a picture of the ****ing ref just standing there and watching as Boyle gets the **** kicked out of him? I truly believe that losing Dubinsky made this game 100x less likely to be won and it was all that refs fault. What exactly is Dubinsky expected to do and how is it a 3rd man in if only one man is fighting?
Sens fan here, so I will try to stay neutral, but on CBC they said that in any significant altercation, not just fights (don't remember the exact wording, but it was along these lines) there is a third man in penalty

saskriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:14 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
I don't know if this is sarcastic or not, but what was it that he did on that PP goal that was scored by Stralman, or for that matter, any of the other power plays in the series as well as overall in both games?
He moved his feet and moved the puck decisively on that powerplay. He didn't play the PP in the first game because Dubinsky wasn't thrown out. The powerplay was 1/4 last night. Even if some of the other ones looked lackluster even with him out there, he was instrumental in that 1. If we can go 1/4 every night in the playoffs, it should go a long way to helping us win some games.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:22 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
He moved his feet and moved the puck decisively on that powerplay. He didn't play the PP in the first game because Dubinsky wasn't thrown out. The powerplay was 1/4 last night. Even if some of the other ones looked lackluster even with him out there, he was instrumental in that 1. If we can go 1/4 every night in the playoffs, it should go a long way to helping us win some games.
I'm sorry, but if we're only mustering 2 shots on goal on a 5 minute powerplay, we've got a problem. In both games, we scored a grand total of 1, 1 power play goal.

And there have been a plethora of times where we had someone do something to keep the puck from ending up on the opposing player's stick or from it crossing the blue line. Putting them in net, that's another story.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:23 PM
cbbb25

A leafs fan here. so I'm completely unbiased with respects to this series. You guys are both playing dirty/chippy nothing else. Both your fan bases are also both whining a ton. I also understand that if the leafs were in it id be saying something different, but their not so don't throw that in my face.

cbbb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:27 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

When is Stepan going to show up?

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:28 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
When is Stepan going to show up?
Outside of that one shot he took in Game 1, he has been invisible.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:30 PM
TankLarkin

Mike Rupp has been playing soft lately. No impact whatsoever in last night's game. Swap out Scott for Rupp, or just sit Mitchell. We need to answer the bell in Ottawa early and often.

TankLarkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankLarkin View Post
Mike Rupp has been playing soft lately. No impact whatsoever in last night's game. Swap out Scott for Rupp, or just sit Mitchell. We need to answer the bell in Ottawa early and often.
agreed, not sure why and not sure scott will do anything more

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Death By BB Gun
#therightway

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbb25 View Post
A leafs fan here. so I'm completely unbiased with respects to this series. You guys are both playing dirty/chippy nothing else. Both your fan bases are also both whining a ton. I also understand that if the leafs were in it id be saying something different, but their not so don't throw that in my face.
I think you should be less worried about two playoff teams, and focus your attention on the fact that your beloved team hasn't sniffed the playoffs since the stone age, and can't ever seem to play a full ****ing season of hockey without ******** on themselves.

Death By BB Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:33 PM
McDonaghisGod
Ranger fan=masochist

Quote:
Rupp has been invisible all season except for the Winter Classic.

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Sens fan here, so I will try to stay neutral, but on CBC they said that in any significant altercation, not just fights (don't remember the exact wording, but it was along these lines) there is a third man in penalty
Twice in games I have watched recently, one involving a Drury-Cooke fight, when one guy is hitting another down on the ice, the 3rd man in gets 10 minutes, not a game.

Of course, that is a ref-specific kind of thing.

04-15-2012, 12:35 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Outside of that one shot he took in Game 1, he has been invisible.
He did nothing last year either.

It's very, very, early in his career and things can certainly change, but I'm not encouraged with what I see so far.

Lets hope he's not one of those players that does a disappearing act once the playoffs start.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Completely agree, to further the point Chris Neil must be addressed. I've seen that piece of **** taking liberties with NYR, for far too long, and not have to answer the bell. This is where Rupp comes in, I know he's not a goon per say, he's the good guy enforcer, but it's time he turns heel and grows an edge to his game.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:42 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Dubi should have gotten two and ten.

In the devils/rangers line brawl Salvador was the third man into an actual fight and only got a 10, not a game.

The inconsistency in officiating is mind boggling, till you realize it was Ian Walsh last night.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McDunna with Fries

I thought Feds played his best game this season. Couple of shorthanded breakaways, a couple of gorgeous passes, and generally extremely visible and outhustling everyone all night. Loved his effort.

Looked like Stepan wasn't focused. Had the puck slide right past him on at least five occassions, several times that really cost us valuable PP time.

I thought the Sens played a very cowardly game. Slew footing, cheapshotting, and agitating. That's not tough hockey, that's lame hockey. We weren't ready for their style of play and I fully expect Torts to have his team ready to respond on Monday.

McDunna with Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
He did nothing last year either.

It's very, very, early in his career and things can certainly change, but I'm not encouraged with what I see so far.

Lets hope he's not one of those players that does a disappearing act once the playoffs start.
That was excusable because he was a rookie. McDonagh and Sauer also had a few defensive lapses. Understandable, growing pains.

But here, he's so indecisive with the puck, scared to make a mistake.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:57 PM
McDonaghisGod
Ranger fan=masochist

Why did we sign Rupp if he is going to be that invisible in a mean nasty game?

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 01:01 PM
TankLarkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
agreed, not sure why and not sure scott will do anything more
true that, was not impressed with Scott's aggression in the games he played in March but a benching might wake Rupp up.

Old
04-15-2012, 01:01 PM
SauceCheese91

Rupp played 2:38.....what do you expect him to do in that time? How the hell are you supposed to make an impact when you don't play, man some of you need to pay more attention to the game.

SauceCheese91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDunna with Fries View Post
I thought Feds played his best game this season. Couple of shorthanded breakaways, a couple of gorgeous passes, and generally extremely visible and outhustling everyone all night. Loved his effort.

Looked like Stepan wasn't focused. Had the puck slide right past him on at least five occassions, several times that really cost us valuable PP time.

I thought the Sens played a very cowardly game. Slew footing, cheapshotting, and agitating. That's not tough hockey, that's lame hockey. We weren't ready for their style of play and I fully expect Torts to have his team ready to respond on Monday.
I think the main problem with Stepan is conditioning. He doesn't have another gear atm. He really needs to work his butt off in the offseason. If he comes into camp like he did this season, he probably isn't that motivated.

If that is the case, they might want to consider moving him.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 01:03 PM
shockkid89

what is lost in all of this is that the rangers defensive style - block shots until you die - leads to overcrowding around Lundqvist. Unlucky breaks will happen ala the first senator goal as will juicy rebounds. Rangers gotta get every rebound plain and simple.

Del zotto didnt impress me last night - not just focusing on the goal. He seemed to be beat on second chances

shockkid89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 01:04 PM
TankLarkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceCheese91 View Post
Rupp played 2:38.....what do you expect him to do in that time? How the hell are you supposed to make an impact when you don't play, man some of you need to pay more attention to the game.
Carkner played 20 seconds. Sends message and takes Dubi out. Impact.

Old
04-15-2012, 01:06 PM
nyrfan519

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I think the main problem with Stepan is conditioning. He doesn't have another gear atm. He really needs to work his butt off in the offseason. If he comes into camp like he did this season, he probably isn't that motivated.

If that is the case, they might want to consider moving him.
Let's bring it down a notch. This is typical HF Boards overreacting. The guy had a very good year (51 points) after a rookie year of 45 points. He's 21 YEARS OLD. To give up on him so quickly after a couple of lackluster playoff performances would be terribly unwise. We need to have a little more patience, especially with young guys.

nyrfan519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 01:07 PM
nyrfan519

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockkid89 View Post
what is lost in all of this is that the rangers defensive style - block shots until you die - leads to overcrowding around Lundqvist. Unlucky breaks will happen ala the first senator goal as will juicy rebounds. Rangers gotta get every rebound plain and simple.

Del zotto didnt impress me last night - not just focusing on the goal. He seemed to be beat on second chances
I agree with you -- we are more prone to those bad bounces -- but on the other hand, there's no way we get 109 points this season without playing that way.

nyrfan519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 01:09 PM
SauceCheese91

Quote:
Carkner played 20 seconds. Sends message and takes Dubi out. Impact.
Yes because Rupp is a goon like Carkner.

SauceCheese91 is offline   Reply With Quote