HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Should John Scott Play?

Old
04-15-2012, 10:15 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
Seriously?
I don't even think Scott can touch Karlsson.
he just has to be on the ice one time with boyle and Dubi...put the 3 of them out and as they cycle, Scott find Karlsson and beats the snot out of him. if Karlsson runs for it, then the other 2 can try to score a goal while the defenseman is chickening out.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:16 AM
NCRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
No the NHL established a precedent. Third man in gets tossed. The letter of rule was called last night. They can't change it for the next altercation.
That's why the NHL is ridiculous.

Hypothetically, if the Rangers "played by the book" and stayed out of the "altercation" as Carkner is bombing away on a turtling Boyle, and Carkner kills Boyle (literally, with a punch landing somewhere vital), what does the league do then?

Is that what has to happen to regain some sense of intelligence when it comes to "fighting"?

Dubinsky, or someone, HAS TO intercede to stop the assault on his teammate! He SHOULD NOT BE KICKED OUT OF THE GAME FOR THAT!

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:24 AM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Wheres Orr... Lets go Rupp knock some heads out there!

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:38 AM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
The Rangers should dress Scott if their goal is to lose.
Dressing Scott and playing him lets say 4 mins a game will ot affect the Rangers in anyway...Got atleast 5 eople that can double shift...RELAX man!

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:45 AM
McDunna with Fries

Dress Scott, have him knock someone out, and play Kreider.

McDunna with Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:49 AM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDunna with Fries View Post
Dress Scott, have him knock someone out, and play Kreider.
Honestly, have him unload on Karlsson. So what that they end up on a 5 minute powerplay? We're better at killing off penalties anyway.

And you give the memo to every Ranger to attack Karlsson.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:51 AM
Kreider
My name is Nils

vCash: 50
We can't out-dirty teams. We're not a dirty team.
Our players will give dirty hits and dive sometimes, just like all players.
We have no actual dirty players or notorious divers (as I have found out, Karlsson is)

Kreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:52 AM
TeamRenzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
God no to Scott. Retribution comes from eliminating the Sens. And we can definitely beat them without Scott.
Great av!

TeamRenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:01 AM
mcsauer2738

I only put Scott in the line-up if Carkner is in the line-up. Otherwise we can push around the Sens with Rrpp>Neil, Prust>Konopka, Bickel>Smith. The problem with putting Scott in for Mitchell is that Mitchell has been with the 2nd PP unit and then you're just going to throw Kreider right in there in his first NHL playoff games?

mcsauer2738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:05 AM
Leetch66

Scott will only dress if the order comes down from Sather...Tort's will not dress him .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:11 AM
Cowen Time

So Scott is dressed. Ottawa has the last change, so it will be Scott and Konopka in an early fight, so each team is down a pretty useless hockey player right away.

Cowen Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:36 AM
DoTheBlue
No chokemon allowed

Nothing hurts more than getting humiliated on the score board. That's where they should put their focus.

DoTheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:51 AM
EssendonBombers
classless

I don't know why you guys are so obsessed with hurting Karlsson. It's not like Carkner went out and dropped Gaborik or Richards. He hit Boyle after some bs from him in game one. The equivalent would be the Rangers sending out Rupp to hit Carkner in the next game. A response to a dirty play in the previous game.

EssendonBombers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:56 AM
dystemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Rangers should have Scott slam Karlsson into the ice head first. Scott pounds Karlsson in the back of his head. Shoving his face into the ice. The visor will cut Karlsson big time. There will be a big pool of blood on the ice.

https://twitter.com/#!/DamoSpin/stat...28765162143744

The Sens put a bounty out on Boyle.
damien cox is a leafs beat writer with no association to ottawa media.

dystemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:57 AM
EssendonBombers
classless

Also, it disgusting what ImIdaho and Inferno are saying. Jelous school yard tough c*** who can't back it up type ****.

What would you guys think if I said I'd love to see Carkner nail Callahan in the back of the head to have him land mouth first on the boards and drown on his own blood. That's the type of crap you guys are going on with.

Old
04-15-2012, 11:59 AM
dystemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssendonBombers View Post
Also, it disgusting what ImIdaho and Inferno are saying. Jelous school yard tough c*** who can't back it up type ****.

What would you guys think if I said I'd love to see Carkner nail Callahan in the back of the head to have him land mouth first on the boards and drown on his own blood. That's the type of crap you guys are going on with.
it's because most of them unanimously cheered when boyle went for a much smaller karlsson in game one, when konopka and carkner weren't dressed. but are upset that there was a response to it in game two. fact is, rangers opened this can of worms, and a lot of fans are trying to rewrite history.

dystemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:59 AM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheBlue View Post
Nothing hurts more than getting humiliated on the score board. That's where they should put their focus.
Agreed, they shouldn't be concentrating on retaliation or taking out opposing players, just score and win the damn game. They should keep their head up, and play tough, but do so in a clean manner. At this point the Rangers should be more concerned about not making the same mistake they did by letting up in the 3rd last night.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:00 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssendonBombers View Post
I didn't say anything about injuring Karlsson, but since you guys had no problem having open season on Boyle, we shouldn't have a problem with Karlsson.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:06 PM
ud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
I didn't say anything about injuring Karlsson, but since you guys had no problem having open season on Boyle, we shouldn't have a problem with Karlsson.
Actually you head hunted alfie already in response to Boyle, so if you guys want to keep responding to Boyle why dont they come after Carkner?

ud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:08 PM
EssendonBombers
classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
"Give the memo to every Ranger to attack Karlsson"

I don't know in what world you equate Boyle with Karlsson. One guy is one of the best player in the league and also one of the smaller, less physical ones, the other is a 6'7'' third liner.

I didn't say I have no problem with what happened to Boyle. I think it was dirty much like Boyle going after a skilled player whom he has 7 inches and 60 pounds on was dirty. At least it was somewhat warranted though.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:09 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ud View Post
Actually you head hunted alfie already in response to Boyle, so if you guys want to keep responding to Boyle why dont they come after Carkner?
Yes, Hagelin definitely had the intent of putting his elbow into a fellow Swedes head. /s

Who said they would let Carkner slide? And how is it impossible to go after both? Hell, have the Rangers tee up against Carkner, Karlsson, and you're little angelic player, Neil.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:10 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dystemper View Post
it's because most of them unanimously cheered when boyle went for a much smaller karlsson in game one, when konopka and carkner weren't dressed. but are upset that there was a response to it in game two. fact is, rangers opened this can of worms, and a lot of fans are trying to rewrite history.
There's a huge difference between what Boyle did and what Carnker did. What Boyle did was in the heat of the moment. Look at the video again. He was going in to try to break up a scuffle and Karlsson grabbed him. If Karlsson didn't want to get involved in the scuffle then he shouldn't have ****ing grabbed Boyle.

What your team did wasn't in the heat of the moment. It was pre-meditated. Your coach purposely started a ****ing goon. A few minutes into the game, your goon purposely grabbed Boyle, threw him down, and started punching the **** out of him.

Huge difference between pre-meditated and heat of the moment.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:10 PM
trilobyte

Rangers need to key on Karlsson. Hit him constantly, make sure he hears the sound of skates gunning for him.

Is Scott capable of that? Not from anything I've ever seen from him.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Loffen
Legend

Guy can't even hit properly because of his inability to skate. He's probably a good guy, but an awful player.

If there's more rough stuff to come just take the leash off of Prust, Rupp and Bicks.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:12 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
It doesn't matter how good a player is. You attack one of ours, we should attack five of yours. Salt the earth.

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote