HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Should John Scott Play?

Old
04-15-2012, 01:36 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ud View Post
Ha, what a loser hockey fan hoping players are injured.

At the end of the day I like the fighting and physicality of the series, but im never hoping to see anyone from either team get injured, and if it happens I wont be on here gloating about it, retard.
So says the baby who has to go on an opposing team's forum because he doesn't like what's being said.

Your fans have no problem laughing it up, so don't cry all "woe is Ottawa" when you see us fans doing the same.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 01:37 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Ha, what a loser hockey fan hoping players are injured.

At the end of the day I like the fighting and physicality of the series, but im never hoping to see anyone from either team get injured, and if it happens I wont be on here gloating about it, retard.
Anyone who condoned what Carkner did was happy with him trying to injure another player. Nice glass house.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 01:38 PM
EssendonBombers
classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
I agree, but if the Sens start taking shots at our star players, what do you want to do? The refs won't do anything. Scott will be there to make sure that doesn't happen, and if it does, he will make them pay.
Whose been the team taking shots at star players in this series?

EssendonBombers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 01:42 PM
ud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Anyone who condoned what Carkner did was happy with him trying to injure another player. Nice glass house.
Feel free to quote where i condoned it.

ud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 01:44 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Feel free to quote where i condoned it.
Your entire fanbase on here save a minority of posters condoned it. Most even said it was the same as what Boyle did.

Your entire fanbase lives in a giant glass house. Stop coming onto our board and throwing stones.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 01:46 PM
ud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Your entire fanbase on here save a minority of posters condoned it. Most even said it was the same as what Boyle did.

Your entire fanbase lives in a giant glass house. Stop coming onto our board and throwing stones.
Right, this is me talking... not them.

Old
04-15-2012, 01:48 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Right, this is me talking... not them.
Even with that said, beat it.

Old
04-15-2012, 01:50 PM
EssendonBombers
classless

Anyway, all I don't understand is Rangers fans saying they must target Karlsson in retaliation. You didn't see Carkner go after Gaborik in retaliation for Boyle's action. He went after the aggressor of the original incident himself. If you want payback, take it up with Carkner.

Old
04-15-2012, 01:51 PM
trilobyte

It is possible that a competent set of officials will be handling Game 3.
Last night was a circus. I really don't expect that to happen again, especially with what went on around the league last night.

The officials should hopefully be keeping an eye on MacLean sending out goons. Who knows with a league that condones potentially career-ending cheapshots like Karlsson's slew foot on Stepan, but I hope the visibility has been heightened and that they will be watching Ottawa very closely.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 01:51 PM
ud

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssendonBombers View Post
Anyway, all I don't understand is Rangers fans saying they must target Karlsson in retaliation. You didn't see Carkner go after in retaliation for Boyle's action. He went after the aggressor of the original incident himself. If you want payback, take it up with Carkner.
Exactly, we haven't once attacked their star players.

Old
04-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Anyway, all I don't understand is Rangers fans saying they must target Karlsson in retaliation. You didn't see Carkner go after in retaliation for Boyle's action. He went after the aggressor of the original incident himself. If you want payback, take it up with Carkner.
Maybe they will. If the useless plug isn't scratched next game.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 01:53 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Exactly, we haven't once attacked their star players.
Neil says hello, or do you guys watch the game with one eye closed and your head turned away whenever he's on the ice.

Old
04-15-2012, 01:57 PM
EssendonBombers
classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Neil says hello, or do you guys watch the game with one eye closed and your head turned away whenever he's on the ice.
When exactly has Neil started punching Gaborik/Richards in the face after the whistle. Those two are the equivalent to Karlsson on the Rangers.

Old
04-15-2012, 01:59 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

vCash: 420
Quote:
When exactly has Neil started punching Gaborik/Richards in the face after the whistle. Those two are the equivalent to Karlsson on the Rangers.
Well there was the incident of Konopka chocking Richards for 10+ seconds

Krampus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:01 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Oh, he hasn't taken runs, had late hits, or even hit one of our players into the boards when they had their backs turned.

No, no, it's ONLY when Neil starts throwing punches that scrutiny should be thrown his way.

Old
04-15-2012, 02:03 PM
EssendonBombers
classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Oh, he hasn't taken runs, had late hits, or even hit one of our players into the boards when they had their backs turned.
That's hockey and commonplace. Boyle's nor Carkner's actions are not.

Old
04-15-2012, 02:05 PM
mcsauer2738

Let me ask this. Is it possible that Scott dresses for pre-game warm ups approaches konopka at center ice to converse about the richards incident, drops his gloves and just beats the **** out of him? What would the repercussions be? Because I'd love to start the "stiches and blood" with konopka.

mcsauer2738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:06 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
That's hockey and commonplace.
Might want to learn on what happens with a late hit, hitting a player with their backs turned, or what happens when you're guilty of boarding.

Then, you might know what's allowed in hockey and what is commonplace.

Old
04-15-2012, 02:07 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

guys were all over our star players last night. did you not see any scrum in front of the net? or foligno following stepan around every single shift slashing him and shoving him? foligno was all over cally and hank, too. no doubt you guys took some pot shots. boyle may have thrown a few jabs at karlsson, but you guys responded with a lot more than was warranted for you to play like nothing happened last night.

^richards being in a choke hold for a good 15-20s under the pile is probably the easiest example.

pretty sure stepan got slewfooted at some point. stepan got hit into the boards head first in the third. can't tell me ottawa didn't take more liberties at our 'star players' than boyle's one duel. (which knowing boyle he probably thought was a legit fight, cause the guy is a pansy) richards got shoved around the crease a few times. when richards got called for the roughing it was because he was responding to a hit to the head. (go back and watch if you don't believe me) you can't possibly think that you guys played clean.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:11 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
There was a LOT of liberty taken on Stepan who is probably the best comparison to Karlsson on this team. (do to his age as well as his skill level)... pretty sure if i was on Ottawa and wanted to respond to our 20 year old getting manhandled i'd probably handle the other team's 20 year old.

such a joke.

you guys have to remember. we had bad tensions before this series started. wolski sorta made sure of that.

Old
04-15-2012, 02:13 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
guys were all over our star players last night. did you not see any scrum in front of the net? or foligno following stepan around every single shift slashing him and shoving him? foligno was all over cally and hank, too. no doubt you guys took some pot shots. boyle may have thrown a few jabs at karlsson, but you guys responded with a lot more than was warranted for you to play like nothing happened last night.

^richards being in a choke hold for a good 15-20s under the pile is probably the easiest example.

pretty sure stepan got slewfooted at some point. stepan got hit into the boards head first in the third. can't tell me ottawa didn't take more liberties at our 'star players' than boyle's one duel. (which knowing boyle he probably thought was a legit fight, cause the guy is a pansy) richards got shoved around the crease a few times. when richards got called for the roughing it was because he was responding to a hit to the head. (go back and watch if you don't believe me) you can't possibly think that you guys played clean.
The slew foot was clear and recognizable. CBC called it just that. No mystery on that one. Not sure why these Senators posters are here, but they are just trying to convince themselves that they have a good, clean team. It's an insecurity thing.

Rangers will take Game 3 by playing hockey. Powerplay can't be counted on, so do it 5 on 5. No way we get stinkhole refs like Game 2.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:24 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

i wouldn't rule out another bad reffed game yet. imo don van massenhoven always seems to call things against us, too... haven't gotten him yet this post-season. would not be at all surprised if we get him(most experienced ref in the league; choppy series) he's still better than ian walsh though. that guy is a joke.

Old
04-15-2012, 02:24 PM
gardenparty

Should we dress Scott? Yes, but I doubt Torts will. If the series was 2-0 Rangers, hell yea, he would. But tied at one going into their rink? He's likely to put as much skill on the ice possible and hope that Rupp, Prust, and Bickel can handle the goonery.

There will be retribution for Hagelin's elbow to Alfredsson's head. Count on it. Anyone who thinks MacLean and the Senators will be content to let bygones be bygones and get back to playing hockey is delusional. It's hockey's star player "code." Hell, even Detroit sent a message for Weber pile-driving Zetterberg's head into the endboards, and they're a team of lightweights.

gardenparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:27 PM
haveandare

Do not play Scott tomorrow. Bad idea. Don't play reactive to the 8th seed Ottawa Senators. That's insane.

Rupp, Prust and Bickel can and will give anyone on the Senators a run for their money if that's necessary. They are strong guys and experienced fighters, plus they can actually play useful NHL level hockey. I'm sure Scott's a good guy, but NYR have better players than him to replace Hags if necessary.

It'll be interesting to see if Kreider plays. I trust Torts' decision on whether or not he's ready, but I haven't heard anything indicating that he's been good or bad in practice.

haveandare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:31 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

yeah no way @ scott. if we lose two more forwards and the series gets REALLY bad, then maybe, but no way. not unless it's an emergency. we've proven to be the better hockey team(see game one). they're proven to be better goons.

kreider according to practice lines should be in
if hagelin is out. kreider is in. i can't see any reasoning against it.