HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF GAME #2 Rangers vs Sens

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-15-2012, 01:58 PM
  #401
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY
 
DMPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 20,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
The hell? I like the way Feds is playing, but come on, put Kreider in Hagelin's spot. God damn you Torts.

__________________


rip
DMPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 01:59 PM
  #402
smoneil
Registered User
 
smoneil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Hagelin's gonna get suspended. Unbelievable, I am truly in shock.
I don't think we can reach that conclusion based on that link. If anything, the fact that Hagelin was back with Richards and Gaborik when he got back from the hearing is encouraging. If they thought Hags wasn't going to play, they would be trying to get another player some time on that line in practice.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:00 PM
  #403
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
The hell? I like the way Feds is playing, but come on, put Kreider in Hagelin's spot. God damn you Torts.
You want to give Krieder first line minutes in away playoff game? His first game in the NHL if he plays? Against a team that is probably going to headhunt?

Sorry man he is not going to see any more than third line minutes if he plays.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:02 PM
  #404
SauceCheese91
Registered User
 
SauceCheese91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
The hell? I like the way Feds is playing, but come on, put Kreider in Hagelin's spot. God damn you Torts.
I actually like those lines for as well as Feds and Boyle have been playing. And agreed with the poster above me, dunno about giving Kreider 1st line minutes, lets see how he looks first.

SauceCheese91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:04 PM
  #405
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY
 
DMPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 20,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
You want to give Krieder first line minutes in away playoff game? His first game in the NHL if he plays? Against a team that is probably going to headhunt?

Sorry man he is not going to see any more than third line minutes if he plays.
Yeah I understand the fact he will have nerves, but playing him with Prust and Boyle is not maximizing his usefulness which is the same thing everyone was *****ing at York for doing.

Hopefully he will not be there long.

DMPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:08 PM
  #406
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 20,007
vCash: 500
Update says Hagelin is back and skating with Richards-Gaborik.

Feds did have a great game though.

__________________
"I have something better than proof: I have anecdotal evidence."
Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:09 PM
  #407
truebluegoalie
Registered User
 
truebluegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
I don't think we can reach that conclusion based on that link. If anything, the fact that Hagelin was back with Richards and Gaborik when he got back from the hearing is encouraging. If they thought Hags wasn't going to play, they would be trying to get another player some time on that line in practice.
I was thinking the same thing, but it is also possible the league is waiting to see what alfies condition is before deciding and the rangers are just going with business as usual till they hear.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:10 PM
  #408
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Yeah I understand the fact he will have nerves, but playing him with Prust and Boyle is not maximizing his usefulness which is the same thing everyone was *****ing at York for doing.

Hopefully he will not be there long.
He will get some work in with Richie and Gabs if Torts is able to get line matchups.

But his minutes are going to be closely watched.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:19 PM
  #409
smoneil
Registered User
 
smoneil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Yeah I understand the fact he will have nerves, but playing him with Prust and Boyle is not maximizing his usefulness which is the same thing everyone was *****ing at York for doing.

Hopefully he will not be there long.
msg in another thread posted line combos that had a 4th line of Kreider Stepan and Rupp (first three lines were Hags/Richards/Gaborik, Pack, and Feds/Boyle/Prust).

The more I looked at it, the more it made sense. Stepan and Kreider have played together before. Kreider will likely be a target/have nerves, and I think Stepan is playing a little scared after he was targeted for abuse by the Sens thugs. Putting those two together, and giving them Rupp as a bodyguard could be an ideal line.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:20 PM
  #410
Lundqvist 30 NY
Registered User
 
Lundqvist 30 NY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 43
vCash: 500
Would like to see:
Hags-Richards-Gaborik
Pack Line
Fedetenko-Boyle-Prust
Kreider-Stepan-Rupp

Lundqvist 30 NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:21 PM
  #411
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY
 
DMPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 20,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
msg in another thread posted line combos that had a 4th line of Kreider Stepan and Rupp (first three lines were Hags/Richards/Gaborik, Pack, and Feds/Boyle/Prust).

The more I looked at it, the more it made sense. Stepan and Kreider have played together before. Kreider will likely be a target/have nerves, and I think Stepan is playing a little scared after he was targeted for abuse by the Sens thugs. Putting those two together, and giving them Rupp as a bodyguard could be an ideal line.
Stepan with Kreider I could live with. Maybe Kreider can help get Stepan going.

DMPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:46 PM
  #412
TeamRenzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
You should have asked us about how we feel about Carkner.
So how about answering my question.

I can imagine how you feel about Carkner and I am glad, it means he is doing his job!

TeamRenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:51 PM
  #413
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamRenzo View Post
So how about answering my question.

I can imagine how you feel about Carkner and I am glad, it means he is doing his job!
I guess Hagelin was just doing his part then, too.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:56 PM
  #414
ltsthinaz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kingman, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
I would like to see them play Kreider under any circumstances if Hagelin isn't suspended - Mitchell adds very little, let's see what the kid can do. If we sit Miutchell, anything he does is a bonus.

Let him play with Stepan-Rupp, if he looks calm and good, give him a try on the first line. He has the size/speed.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 03:08 PM
  #415
bubba5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,057
vCash: 500
Mitchell needs to go and Richards needs to play the way he is paid to play.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 03:10 PM
  #416
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamRenzo View Post
So how about answering my question.

I can imagine how you feel about Carkner and I am glad, it means he is doing his job!
If his job is to mug people on the ice because he's a useless goon then Hagelin is completely justified in retaliation.

Unless you're saying it's okay to cheap shot our players but not cheap shot yours.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 03:16 PM
  #417
msv957
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Yeah, and conditioning isn't his problem. Not having a second gear is a separate issue from conditioning. He could use some Barb Underhill training for sure, but the reason he's not playing well right now is all mental. He's not confident and hesitation has creeped into his game. Now he's over thinking things and trying not to make mistakes instead of just playing and letting his intuition and anticipation take over. When he's at his best, like most players, he's quick and decisive with the puck and constantly setting his line mates up for quick strike scoring chances.
Stepan got most of his 50 points playing first line center passing pucks to Gaborik. This certainly helped his stats and confidence on a line with an elite NHL player.

It seems now that Stepan is down on the 2nd line his points are not there anymore. However, Stepan is a smart hockey player and should adjust while playing on a line with Callahan who is no slouch.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 03:50 PM
  #418
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 8,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
Stepan got most of his 50 points playing first line center passing pucks to Gaborik. This certainly helped his stats and confidence on a line with an elite NHL player.

It seems now that Stepan is down on the 2nd line his points are not there anymore. However, Stepan is a smart hockey player and should adjust while playing on a line with Callahan who is no slouch.
Stepan probably needs a fast/big winger to help give him some space.

Him not clicking with Callahan is no surprise. I've never seen them with any kind of chemistry.

BroadwayBlues is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 04:15 PM
  #419
Fire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!
 
Fire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 22,368
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
I'm sure Mitchell will be the one to sit if Hagelin isn't suspended.

Fire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 04:21 PM
  #420
Zuccarello Awesome*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,095
vCash: 500
Stepan and Kreider played together at the WJC. They showed flashes of some great chemistry.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 04:22 PM
  #421
GK
Not Jeeks
 
GK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Peterborough
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,912
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
If his job is to mug people on the ice because he's a useless goon then Hagelin is completely justified in retaliation.

Unless you're saying it's okay to cheap shot our players but not cheap shot yours.
He was sticking up for Karlsson.

I understand how you feel though, Carkner shouldn't have done that. But what Hagelin did to Alfie is inexcusable. He will be suspended, and if he is not I'm sure the Sens will continue to dress all of their goons.

GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 04:24 PM
  #422
Calad
Section 422
 
Calad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
He was sticking up for Karlsson.

I understand how you feel though, Carkner shouldn't have done that. But what Hagelin did to Alfie is inexcusable. He will be suspended, and if he is not I'm sure the Sens will continue to dress all of their goons.
If thats how theyre gonna go about things, the Rangers are more than ready.

Calad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 04:36 PM
  #423
McDunna with Fries
Registered User
 
McDunna with Fries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
One thing that I noticed that the Sens were doing differently in Game 2 was that they started forechecking very aggressively during PKs.. I thought it was extremely effective because our PP is so atrocious already that with the added pressure it really helped the Sens PK.

McDunna with Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 04:38 PM
  #424
smoneil
Registered User
 
smoneil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
He was sticking up for Karlsson.

I understand how you feel though, Carkner shouldn't have done that. But what Hagelin did to Alfie is inexcusable. He will be suspended, and if he is not I'm sure the Sens will continue to dress all of their goons.
I just don't understand this logic at all. I can see why Ottawa dressed the goons for game 2 (I don't agree with the actions of said goons, but I understand the idea behind dressing them). Boyle went after Karlsson with physical play and some agitation. Ottawa had to respond.

Hagelin is a totally different situation. He's a kid who plays a ridiculously clean game. He screwed up (ie- it clearly wasn't intentional), and obviously felt awful about it (he pretty much stopped playing as soon as Alfie went down, he played like a marshmallow for the rest of the game, he's already texted Alfredsson to apologize, etc). This isn't Boyle throwing some rabbit punches and smirking behind the play. This is a rookie accidentally hurting his childhood hero and feeling like crap about it.

If the Sens DO go after Hagelin, I'm comfortable with the Rangers handling it (Rupp, Prust and Bickel can handle anything Ottawa's goons want to throw around). I just don't see this as the kind of thing that screams "redemption hit."

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 04:38 PM
  #425
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY
 
DMPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 20,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calad View Post
If thats how theyre gonna go about things, the Rangers are more than ready.
The way the last game went, I have to disagree. The next game is a big statement game for the Rangers.

DMPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.