HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Matt Carkner vs. Brian Boyle

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2012, 03:14 PM
xander

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by senators101 View Post
Choked? Pinning to the ice with a headlock isn't choking. And that doesn't equal 7 punches from an ogre to Karlsson.

I have no problem if Scott comes in, goes after Konopka and tries to initiate something in reply.

The only reason they won't do anything now is because they know the Sens won't back down. You guys thought you'd physically beat us this series and accomplished that in game 1. Sens didn't back down game 2 and now the Rangers are going to be more passive, just like Boyle was.

If you guys are okay with what Boyle did in game 1, which all of you were, expect retribution.

But to tell me that if roles were completely reversed that you wouldn't expect some retribution, you're kidding yourself. It wouldn't have had to happen like that if Boyle manned up and took on someone his own size.

Cry me a ****ing river.
I'm a Ranger fan and I agree with this. It also seems the Brian Boyle is onboard with this, it's not like he was complaining after the game. The Rangers made a concerted effort to go after Karlsson (which I think is a smart strategy), and the Senators responded. That's hockey, everyone should stop whining about it.

And I don't think any of this will stop the Rangers from hitting Karlsson at every opportunity. I think if you gave Boyle the option of doing this all over again (going after Karlsson, getting him off his game, getting jumped and receiving a 5 minute PP) he would do it. If the Rangers take care of business and score on the 5 minute major, none of this really matters much. Brian Boyle (and many of the Rangers for that matter) has made a living by volunteering to throw his body in front of a frozen rubber disk travelling between 60 and 100mph, I doubt he's going to be deterred by a few shots from Matt Carkner. The Rangers have plenty of guys (Rupp, Bickel, Scott if he plays) that can go after Carkner if he starts taking liberties with players that matter.

Everyone get ready, we have a series now, and it's going to be awesome. As hockey fans, we all win from this.

Old
04-15-2012, 03:15 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini5389 View Post
If he simply squared up to Boyle and gave him a chance to fight back head on (like Boyle did to Karlsson) then none of us would be upset with it.
So if Carkner gives Richards a chance to fight back head on (size mismatch), that would be fine?

It's FREAKING ERIK KARLSSON.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini5389 View Post
And whoever said that Karlsson got "punched seven times by an ogre" is ridiculous. First of all, Boyle may be big, but he's a huge softy and can't throw a punch for his life. Second, did you SEE those punches?! They were like a cat pawing at a dangling string... I mean give me a break! Try to look at this objectively for christ's sake.
He's twice Karlsson's size.

If Hal Gill goes after Karlsson, he's going to pay for it.

Hal Gill is a pansy, but he's massive. It's that simple.

Old
04-15-2012, 03:16 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Part II: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1166297

Closed Thread