HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

RNH vs Gabriel Landeskog

View Poll Results: RNH or GL
RNH now and future 86 48.86%
Lando now and future 51 28.98%
Oilers fan choosing RNH 26 14.77%
Avs fan choosing Lando 13 7.39%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-15-2012, 01:50 AM
BattleGuy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 61
Hopkins now and in the future.

BattleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 08:03 AM
tony d
The man

vCash: 500
RNH now and in the future.

People got to learn how to use punctuation. On our radio ads the other day a black man's wallet was reported as missing. Instead of a man's wallet black in colour missing a black man's wallet is missing.
tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 08:25 AM
wedge

I'll take RNH. The kid is too talented to ignore.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 01:18 PM
cgf

Both are going to be great players IMO but RNH is the center and will put up more points. I think Landeskog actually scores more goals in their primes but it won't be by enough to offset how many more assist RNH will get. On top of that Landeskog could become a Selke caliber defender to go with the more physical game he brings to the table. RNH is a good defender for his age and should improve himself but I don't see great defense form him the way I see it in Skog.

TLR RNH in the future, but it's close.

Last edited by cgf: 04-15-2012 at 01:55 PM.
cgf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 01:56 PM
dookers9

I love Landeskog's complete game. But If I'm in need of a clear #1 C and I see RNH's vision and amazing passing skills when I can puthim between Eberle and Hall (Yakupov?), I take RNH with all respect to the other.

dookers9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:19 PM
The Big Unit

I totally believe in choosing by BPA in the draft. In this case the Oilers had the choice to pick either guy and went with RNH and there aren't many that will disagree with the pick. Yes Lando's game is insane and he's a huge asset but RNH IS the Oilers pp and his position as a #1 C is something the Oilers have lacked since Doug Weight. Not only is RNH better but he fill a massive need on this team. RNH everyday of the week.

From the Avs perspective, they have awesome Centres already so getting Landeskog fills a need there too. Essentially draft order has worked out best for both teams, but consider the Avs had 1st overall would they have chosen Lando? IMO they pick RNH and trade assets to fill needs. This is the same problem we have here in Edmonton with the 2012 1st overall.

The Big Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Rhino Rilley

avs fan that thinks rnh will be the better player in the future while playing the more important position too, he just needs to add some weight to better handle faceoffs and become a good defensive player, i know oilers fans say that rnh is above average defensively but i disagree, what he is good at is sneaky takeaways in the neutral zone but his defensive positioning in the d zone is not above average and he isnt physical enough when behind the net or on the half boards

its odd that landeskog now rnh future isnt an option because that would be winning this poll

Rhino Rilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 03:05 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Unit View Post
I totally believe in choosing by BPA in the draft. In this case the Oilers had the choice to pick either guy and went with RNH and there aren't many that will disagree with the pick. Yes Lando's game is insane and he's a huge asset but RNH IS the Oilers pp and his position as a #1 C is something the Oilers have lacked since Doug Weight. Not only is RNH better but he fill a massive need on this team. RNH everyday of the week.

From the Avs perspective, they have awesome Centres already so getting Landeskog fills a need there too. Essentially draft order has worked out best for both teams, but consider the Avs had 1st overall would they have chosen Lando? IMO they pick RNH and trade assets to fill needs. This is the same problem we have here in Edmonton with the 2012 1st overall.
TBH I would've wanted them to pick Landeskog, I know that there where avs fans that disagreed but I was in love with the kid all season and think he'll become an Iginla or Parise esque winger for us.

Putting that aside I also had reservations because RNH could be an upgrade over Duchene down the road, but I felt much better about going forward with Duchene and Landeskog than RNH and whoever we traded for. It's a little different with centers than wingers cause unless they can play on the wing you can't have as many centers and still make it work as you can wingers. You guys can actually move forward with Hall, Eberle and Yakubov on your team, adding RNH to the Avs would've meant that somebody had to change positions or get traded.

cgf is online now   Reply With Quote