ALF AmericanLionsFan

vCash: 500
GDT 3/5 Mannheim @ Frankfurt

Big game against the big rival. I say Lions 5 Eagles2

Old
03-05-2006, 10:44 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Is that the fat lady singing in the background on the Lions season?

Old
03-07-2006, 02:28 AM
Mr Hunter

Send a message via ICQ to Mr Hunter
i unfortunately think so.....

Pretty good game against Mannheim, but getting 3 equalizers just because of stupid passes and mistales in the Defense is absolutely ********.

We`ll i think it`s all over now. I hope -and i really belive- Charly F. is going to get us a really talented team next year, with some young and hungry germans, mixed with great leaders and players.
I am really looking forward to that!

Old
03-07-2006, 05:29 AM
Hellström

Send a message via ICQ to Hellström
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHunter

Pretty good game against Mannheim
Yep - finally a game that was worth watching it (atleast the 3rd period).

Good game by both teams. Both fighted pretty well, but made some good plays and it was fun to watch, but Krefeld is in for sure IMO.

Old
03-07-2006, 10:07 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHunter
i unfortunately think so.....

Pretty good game against Mannheim, but getting 3 equalizers just because of stupid passes and mistales in the Defense is absolutely ********.

We`ll i think it`s all over now. I hope -and i really belive- Charly F. is going to get us a really talented team next year, with some young and hungry germans, mixed with great leaders and players.
I am really looking forward to that!
Yes, I agree, there is a glaring need in the Lions lineup for some youth. They have been a little long in the tooth the past few years. Still hoping for a miracle and then some to get that last playoff berth

Old
03-08-2006, 02:43 AM
Mr Hunter

Send a message via ICQ to Mr Hunter
The problem in the last years was our Manager LAnce Nethery. Though he has build the championship team he always was kind of old fashioned in what he did.
What I mean is that he always looked for good players from Canada or other foreign countries, but he never really watched out for some young Germans. See how Berlin does this year and you know how it has to be done. In 2004 we were lucky havin Hackert Sulkowsky and Reichel in a line who really fitted togehter. Now Reichel became old and slow, Sulkowsky is just falling on the Ice every shift he's on and Hackert is injured all the time.
Kohmann profited from playing togehter with Belanger and Lebeau in 2004 and he did a great job by creating room for hose 2 guys. This year he was put in the 3rd or 4th line. So you see why he didnt score.
The only good signing by L.N. was Strakhov. he got great skills but for some reason he scores too less.

Guys like Danner and even Machola are typical Charly Fliegauf add ons, and because of this I am really looking forward to this summer. I think he can sign more guys like that. Maybe unknown but very talented. And with some top Player signings we can build a great team which can make it to the play offs and more next year.

By the way: See what happens in Düsseldorf where LN is working now: They just lost Alex Jung, one of the most talented goalies in Germany. I can't imagine why they act that stupid. Trefilov is old and surely going to retire pretty soon. Why don't they give Jung a long year contract with good payments???? He's worth it!

Closed Thread