HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

OT Rumor - LA Kings text message to Canadians

Old
04-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

vCash: 500
OT Rumor - LA Kings text message to Canadians

I was told that the LA KIngs media people texted a two word tweet to people all over Canada except in B.C.

"You're Welcome"

Anyone else hear abou this? Can anyone verify? If it really was done, too freakin' funny!

edit: my kid told me she heard it on the XM NHL station while driving to work. Mick Kearns, she believes.

Scottrocks58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Kaibur

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=392932

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 12:20 PM
OKHoosier41218

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...nucks-to-lose/

Here's where I first heard about it this morning. Apparently now the Kings are investigating.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...the-situation/

OKHoosier41218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 12:30 PM
MP

I'm all for tweaking the nose of irritating teams and their fans, but I'm not clear on the reasons for the Vancouver hate. I thought Leafs and Habs fans were generally considered more obnoxious, for example. Is it because the Canucks are seen as divers and whiners and the like?

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 12:32 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
I'm all for tweaking the nose of irritating teams and their fans, but I'm not clear on the reasons for the Vancouver hate. I thought Leafs and Habs fans were generally considered more obnoxious, for example. Is it because the Canucks are seen as divers and whiners and the like?
I believe so.

Scottrocks58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

It was awesome to see the Nucks get frustrated. Wings too.

Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 12:58 PM
awfulwaffle

I would be texting people in Vancouver "I equipped my riot shield."

awfulwaffle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 03:18 PM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
I think it's more to do with the team attitude and the regional attitude. Vancouver and BC folks in general have an elitist, snobbish air about them for the most part and constantly insult the rest of Canada (especially the East). So bragging about their Canucks just adds to that. Couple it with a few d-bags on the roster and some whining and diving and it's a recipe for hatred.

I don't think that's a fair statement about Leaf and Hab fans as a generalization. Their fan bases are so huge that the sheer number of morons is higher. If I were to generalize there, I'd say Leaf fans are notorious for not knowing much about the rest of the league and, hence, over-estimating their team every October. And Montreal fans are a diverse group, but the locals especially are a bit over-the-top emotional and harken on the history and glory too much.

I hope that ramble answers it a bit for you. But in the Canadian ethos, picture Vancouver as the bragadocious rich kid at school. The rest of the kids sometimes get a bit tired of that.

Tim Wallach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 03:22 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

I like their attitude. This came across my twitter feed:

Quote:
Kings fans, don't be upset with Vancouver because we are playing them, be upset because they let Twilight be filmed there.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
I think that is a parady account? Isnt it @LAK"l"ngs not @LAK"i"ngs. The ginger one of theirs was pretty funny.

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 09:22 PM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

The first tweet was good, but the one after game 2 was priceless:

"We apologize in advance for anyone this tweet offends: #LAKings lead series 2-0"

Though it is kind of sad how upset it's made people around here. I live in a suburb of Vancouver.

Winnipeg Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:36 AM
J1NKL3
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jet View Post
The first tweet was good, but the one after game 2 was priceless:

"We apologize in advance for anyone this tweet offends: #LAKings lead series 2-0"

Though it is kind of sad how upset it's made people around here. I live in a suburb of Vancouver.
Vancouver is the most hated in the league for a reason... a good part of it is the fans

J1NKL3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:55 AM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1NKL3 View Post
Vancouver is the most hated in the league for a reason... a good part of it is the fans
Maybe that's why I've been able to live there for so long without ever developing any kind of affinity for the Canucks. I didn't particularly like them when I came, and I still feel that way, maybe a little closer to hate on the whatever scale.

Winnipeg Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 05:02 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jet View Post
Maybe that's why I've been able to live there for so long without ever developing any kind of affinity for the Canucks.
... and your far from being alone. Ive been living out here off & on for 20yrs and though I dont "hate" them nor even despise them in any way, like you, no affinity, no real empathy for the club. They do a lot great work in the community, some of the players, like Linden, Kirk McClean, Naslund, Kesler etc I like & respect, happy for the fans when they win. But beyond that, just... nothing. Bland. Blah. Had Seasons Tickets given to me one year. I think I went to like 2 games & gave the others away. But tell ya what? The teams hardcore fans are just nuts. Being verbally assaulted for wearing a Leafs or Black Hawks cap or t-shirt common place.

The 2 "Most Hated Teams" league wide would be the Penguins & Canucks (whining, diving, arrogance etc) with many expecting them to meet in the Finals. I dont think so. The Canuckleheads were something like 2/38 on the Power Play in their last 8 Regular Season Games, and as you know, Special Teams & Goaltending wins series, the SC, so Good Luck with that one boys. Youd better hope Corey Schneiders' the 2nd Coming of Dominic Hasek because if not, see ya... one of your Sedin Sisters broke a fingernail. Too bad so sad.

Heres a very recent Angus-Reid poll of the "Most Hated Teams in Canada" by Canadians. Toronto, no threat to anyone since about 1968 & out of the playoffs for 8 years in a row ranks #1 with about 24% of the respondents having a hate on for the Leafs. As Toronto is my original hometown & I was brainwashed into buying in when the Leafs were actually winning Cups, I cant win for losing. Hated for being a Leafs fan, hated for being a resident of Vancouver & BC. Its no wonder I drink like a fish. Enough to give a body a real bad complex.

http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/04/12/f...am-in-the-nhl/

... and I thoroughly approve of LA's text or tweet btw.

Last edited by Killion: 04-15-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Killion is online now   Reply With Quote