Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > ECHL and other Minor Pro Leagues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Federal Hockey League

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2012, 10:30 PM
Canadian91

vCash: 500
Hearing rumblings that the Vermont Wild are attempting a return next season.

From the Morristown, Vermont twitter page:
Quote:
No hockey for the summer We are hoping to get a pro team back for winter!
Gotta wonder if they'll give it a second whirl. I personally think that the FHL won't let them unless they're 100% committed for the next season. If they're playing out of that little rink they started out in, I don't see anything happening.

An ideal location for a Vermont-based FHL team would be the Gutterson Fieldhouse.. it's currently hosting the Women's World Hockey Championship and seats just over 4,000 people.

Question is, would the owners be willing to relocate to Burlington.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:51 PM
arlingtonway

no way that the University of Vermont ever considers letting the FHL use Gutterson....

As for the possibility that another franchise winds up in Vermont Im gonna say odds are against it.

Also as far as future expansion goes at the end of a season recap found (HERE)

Kirnan makes a point of saying the league is no longer looking to place teams in "rinks"

Old
04-14-2012, 11:48 AM
Canadian91

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlingtonway View Post
no way that the University of Vermont ever considers letting the FHL use Gutterson....
Just curious, why is that?

Quote:
Kirnan makes a point of saying the league is no longer looking to place teams in "rinks"
Glad to hear that. This league doesn't need any more rinks like the one at Jay Peak.

That being said, what does Kirnan qualify as a 'rink and as an 'arena'? We'll have to find out.

Old
04-14-2012, 01:43 PM
arlingtonway

In my opinion there is absolutely nothing the FHL could offer to U of Vermont that would get them in that building. There's just nothing about that that would benefit the University.

Besides that with D1 mens and womens programs the FHL would be playing games at 3 o'clock on Tuesdays.

Old
04-14-2012, 09:16 PM
StatesideSensFan

vCash: 626
I sure hope the Dashers stick around, now hopefully they can sell more board and rink advertising. It also helps that the Dashers are the only thing to do in Danville in the winter aside from meth and committing crimes.

Old
04-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Canadian91

Quote:

In my opinion there is absolutely nothing the FHL could offer to U of Vermont that would get them in that building. There's just nothing about that that would benefit the University.

Besides that with D1 mens and womens programs the FHL would be playing games at 3 o'clock on Tuesdays.
Fair enough.

Do they really use the rink that often? There's gotta be some nights where it's open.

Old
04-15-2012, 07:27 PM
eggy2486
Hitman #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian91 View Post
Fair enough.

Do they really use the rink that often? There's gotta be some nights where it's open.
he's only half kidding, usually what they do is schedule men's and women's games on opposite weekends, so when the men are on the road the women are home, so just about every friday and saturday night will be booked, so that really doesn't offer much since the FHL schedule is also mostly weekend games .. if there's another decently sized rink in the area, that would be a better possibility, burlington is really the only viable place in vermont for a pro team

Old
04-20-2012, 05:57 AM
CanadianSolarBear

http://qcstorm.squarespace.com/home/...announced.html

So .. does this mean they could be going to the FHL? Or could this be the first team in the new NPHL?

Old
04-20-2012, 12:02 PM
AceFace905

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianSolarBear View Post
http://qcstorm.squarespace.com/home/...announced.html

So .. does this mean they could be going to the FHL? Or could this be the first team in the new NPHL?
The NPHL is not happening, so I'd put money on the former.

Old
04-20-2012, 01:10 PM
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola

Didn't the FHL says they were done with "rinks" and looking for "arenas"?

Preliminiary drawing of Cincinnati Sports Zone:

I'd say take the two side-by-side rinks and convert that entire area into one rink with as much seating as possible all around it.

It was reported in a few articles when this plan was announced that the main rink would seat 2,500 so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Old
04-22-2012, 01:48 AM
Gerin

thought this video might interest a few of you, a little look into New Jersey Outlaws

Last edited by LadyStanley: 04-22-2012 at 11:24 AM. Reason: fix yt
Old
04-22-2012, 01:51 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

LOL. If the FHL is looking to go into arenas they will be folding up shop damn fast.

Old
04-22-2012, 08:19 AM
CanadianSolarBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
LOL. If the FHL is looking to go into arenas they will be folding up shop damn fast.
I enjoy your negativity about the FHL. On the AAHL topic you asked "Whens the FHL dying?" well they're entering their third season, so it doesn't look like anytime this year. Why do you want to see the FHL fail so badly? I know they have their faults, that's for sure. Every league does but why do you hate them so badly? They give players a chance to play at a high level that provides pay checks. I hope they grow and get better ... maybe that's just me.

Old
04-25-2012, 08:38 AM
arlingtonway

From the latest FHL newsletter:

"Since April 1st, Commissioner Don Kirnan has been logging thousands of miles on an extensive road trip up and down the east coast meeting with rink owners and potential new members for the upcoming season. Don has visited no less than six possible venues that fits into the FHL's 3-5 year plan of transitioning from rinks to arena's. We hope to make an announcement concerning new teams and possible relocation of teams at our Annual Meeting in Philadelphia on May 20th and 21st. All teams are required to submit their 12 man protected list by May 1st which requires alot of intense thinking and planning. The expansion Draft will be held during the Annual Meeting."

Old
04-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Canadian91

Quote:
From the latest FHL newsletter:

"Since April 1st, Commissioner Don Kirnan has been logging thousands of miles on an extensive road trip up and down the east coast meeting with rink owners and potential new members for the upcoming season. Don has visited no less than six possible venues that fits into the FHL's 3-5 year plan of transitioning from rinks to arena's. We hope to make an announcement concerning new teams and possible relocation of teams at our Annual Meeting in Philadelphia on May 20th and 21st. All teams are required to submit their 12 man protected list by May 1st which requires alot of intense thinking and planning. The expansion Draft will be held during the Annual Meeting."
I guess that means that the league is expanding. Good to hear... always exciting to see new teams enter a league. I wonder if Dayton will be joining.

EDIT: Also, what teams will be relocating? I'm anxious to see where T.I. will end up. I'm assuming that it will be Massena.

Old
04-26-2012, 08:05 PM
pelts35.com

I wonder why the league meetings are in Philly and where exactly they are being held?

Old
04-26-2012, 09:08 PM
Cornwall OHL
That's my O face.

Quote:
I guess that means that the league is expanding. Good to hear... always exciting to see new teams enter a league. I wonder if Dayton will be joining.

EDIT: Also, what teams will be relocating? I'm anxious to see where T.I. will end up. I'm assuming that it will be Massena.
Thousand Islands can't move to Massena. Akwesasne borders Massena and they sometimes play in Massena and Cornwall. In other news Cornwall is pursuing a team in the LNAH. This is a semi-pro league from Quebec with lots of fighting. Not what I want for a league...

Old
04-26-2012, 11:11 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornwall OHL View Post
Thousand Islands can't move to Massena. Akwesasne borders Massena and they sometimes play in Massena and Cornwall. In other news Cornwall is pursuing a team in the LNAH. This is a semi-pro league from Quebec with lots of fighting. Not what I want for a league...
The FHL has it's fair share of a gong show.

Old
04-27-2012, 08:36 AM
wjhl2009fan

Does in know what teams are in for next year?

Old
04-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Sniper45

Quote:

T.I. will not be Massena, if Akwesasne is back they use the Massena facility for some of thier home games. I have heard T.I. is looking into Cornwall and Watertown as possible locations. The owner of T.I. has stated that a decision was to be made by May, but no specific date given.

Old
04-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Sniper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
The rent on bigger arenas would kill every team, except NJ and Danbury. Playing out of the "rec rinks" have helped all these teams stay afloat, no big overhead or rent to worry about. Should be an interesting 2012-13 season. The league is going to undergo a lot of changes this off-season.

Old
04-27-2012, 11:02 PM
Canadian91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper45 View Post
T.I. will not be Massena, if Akwesasne is back they use the Massena facility for some of thier home games. I have heard T.I. is looking into Cornwall and Watertown as possible locations. The owner of T.I. has stated that a decision was to be made by May, but no specific date given.
I think that AKW won't be back. If they aren't, then Massena is open. I think that the FHL's plan is to fill the void that will be left by AKW by putting TI in Massena.

Old
04-27-2012, 11:04 PM
Canadian91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornwall OHL View Post
Glad someone sees what the LNAH really is. Nothing but a goon league for idiots and plugs like Curtis Tidball (About 1,000 PIMs since the last time he scored a point in the LNAH).

Old
04-28-2012, 03:11 AM
arlingtonway

Quote:
I think that the FHL's plan is to fill the void that will be left by AKW by putting TI in Massena.
TI is talking to Watertown

Old
04-28-2012, 06:07 AM
CanadianSolarBear

Quote:
TI is talking to Watertown
Watertown will be named the Watertown Öyster Cult hockey club after the founders of Blue Öyster Cult are from Watertown . Totally joking.

Closed Thread