HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

An Open Letter to Penguins Management - A must read for Flyers Fans

Old
04-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Larry44

vCash: 500
An Open Letter to Penguins Management - A must read for Flyers Fans

http://www.pensburgh.com/2012/4/15/2...ement#comments

Just some excepts, read the whole thing, it's brilliant. Best part is when he calls out Mario to say something.... still waiting I guess. Hard to admit, but there is a Pens fan I respect....

Quote:
The way in which to Penguins conducted themselves in Philadelphia on Sunday validates every criticism that members of media and other fanbases have espoused in the post lockout era. We have been called entitled, spoiled & arrogant. Those critiques were turned into indisputable facts with our absolute lack of discipline, class and professionalism.
Quote:
I challenge Mario Lemieux to publicly apologize to not only the Flyers, but to the NHL for marring the great spectacle that is the Stanley Cup Playoffs with the childishness the Penguins as a team portrayed on Sunday.
Quote:
I hope everyone in the upper levels of the Penguins Organization heard the chant that went up repeatedly today. "You can't beat us" That is a factual statement, as long as we continue to approach the game in the same way we have recently.

The Penguins have acted like an entitled, too cool for your club publicly for some time now, even to it's own fans at times. That mentality is pervasive and has bled into the on ice product. We looked like the Flyers today and we never want to look like the goon-Flyers team we all criticized and detested for years, ever again.

The failure of the players to control themselves, the coaches to control the players is now up to you to correct at a management level. The Penguins players and coaches that took part in the game today took a muddy boot and stepped on the legacy of the logo on the front of the sweater. They embarrassed the franchise and everyone who's ever worn its uniform, our city, and all of their fans.
We are now the, throw-a-temper-tantrum-when-we-are-down, team that we railed against just a few years ago. The Flyers are now the disciplined, professional team. I still hate them but now I am also completely embarrassed to have the Penguins logo on the front of my sweater as I type this.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 08:16 PM
laundryman

As a lot of people have said, my respect for the Penguins team has gone down and my respect for their fanbase has risen dramatically. I wouldn't stand for a game like this either. Good for them.

laundryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 08:21 PM
FlyersFan61290

If a pen's fan actually wrote this you have to give him props. I lost all respect I had for the penguins today

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 08:26 PM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

vCash: 50
Rock bottom, penguin nation has found it.

MRxBLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Jumping

I should post a poll

1) Mario Lemieux will write a letter of apology.

or

2) Mario Lemieux will be completely silent on the issue.

Last edited by SnS: 04-16-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:07 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by laundryman View Post
As a lot of people have said, my respect for the Penguins team has gone down and my respect for their fanbase has risen dramatically. I wouldn't stand for a game like this either. Good for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
If a pen's fan actually wrote this you have to give him props. I lost all respect I had for the penguins today
Some Pens fans yes. I have a couple friends who are Pens fans who came out and said the same thing, as did several good Pens writers on twitter. But there are still many Pens fans, including in the comments section of that letter, who write this off as being not a big deal, or not what the Pens are really like, or "that means a lot coming from a Flyers/Bruins/Rangers/etc. fan"

sobrien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:18 PM
Broad st phantom

I admire the Pen fans who are against today's antics of their team, which they should be. The Pens looked like a team that were completely beat mentally today, and turned to tactics as such and acting like sore losers to the extreme.

Broad st phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:35 PM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

I remember looking at the time left today and thinking, "5 minutes... dear lord, please let this game end without the Penguins concussing someone."

Readyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Blackjack

JFK, what the hell? "turned into indisputable facts"? How about "validated"? "Portrayed"? How about "displayed"?

I like the attitude, but can anyone ****ing write anymore?

Also, from a Devils fan, please win game 4. It would please me greatly.

Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:44 PM
TheKingPin

It's very hard to look at your own team like that. Well done. It's just a disgrace to our game to dive flop fight and hit in the ways they did today

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:54 PM
Hal2000

the pens are playing/acting the way the flyers did for decades...lol

Hal2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:04 PM
canadajazz

I'm a Flyers fan living in Canada, and every one of my friends who was neutral/leaning towards Pitts are now rooting for the Flyers after today's game- that was embarrassing, and James Neal should be ashamed of himself. He should get at least one game for his boneheaded, illegal, and dishonorable conduct today.

As for Crosby, LMAO @ his "I don't like any of them" comments hahahaha. Joke.

canadajazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Mgkibbles

That's big.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Read through the comments and the folks from that blog start fighting with each other. Under the circumstances, that's karma or something.

Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Brostradamus
LegionOfDoom Reunion

The Penguins just embarrassed themselves on national television today, both on the scoreboard and the unnecessary activities. I'm glad some Yinzers() realize that.

Brostradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:19 PM
TheCerebral1
Hockey Heaven

Was that fan-fiction. I'm sort of stunned that that article was not fabricated. Well, all in all the game is over. I hope that Sean is okay. Timonen fighting was very out of place as well. That just shows you how much of a barn burner this has been. Viva la Flyers!

TheCerebral1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
Rock bottom, penguin nation has found it.
Since they can't win with this group, time to trade Crosby, Malkin, Staal and everybody else, tank for another 5 years and try again in 2018-9.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:34 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal2000 View Post
the pens are playing/acting the way the flyers did for decades...lol
Except when we did it, we also won.
So you aren't playing like we did..

You are playing like of sore losers

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:38 PM
AaronTrieu

Be real, step out of your shoes and into a penguins fan's shoes. Take off the homer glasses and what is left? it is not a good feeling. I really hope the flyers NEVER find this level. I know sometimes I may call for gooning it up in frustration, but i hope the players on the ice are bigger than me and make the right choice in how they conduct themselves. Even in a blow out i hope the flyers can take it like men. The penguins team looked very small today. you can fight all you want, but square off fairly. you can lay a hit, bit do it clean. I just want guys like to coots, giroux, hartnell, danny, kimmo to be able to look the guys on the other end of the ice and say "i competed" win or lose and to say they played the right way and skate off like men. We saw a lot of foolishness from the penguins today. it is a real shame.

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:15 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronTrieu View Post
Be real, step out of your shoes and into a penguins fan's shoes. Take off the homer glasses and what is left? it is not a good feeling. I really hope the flyers NEVER find this level. I know sometimes I may call for gooning it up in frustration, but i hope the players on the ice are bigger than me and make the right choice in how they conduct themselves. Even in a blow out i hope the flyers can take it like men. The penguins team looked very small today. you can fight all you want, but square off fairly. you can lay a hit, bit do it clean. I just want guys like to coots, giroux, hartnell, danny, kimmo to be able to look the guys on the other end of the ice and say "i competed" win or lose and to say they played the right way and skate off like men. We saw a lot of foolishness from the penguins today. it is a real shame.
The 08-09 ECFs, the final game, I believe the Flyers lost 6-0 or 7-0 to the Pens. By the start of the 3rd period, I was looking for blood out of hate. By the end of the game and after some reflection later on...I much rather preferred getting our tails handed to us and going in to prep for next season, respectfully.

There's always that desire to get your dollar's worth, that "well, if you're not gonna win, don't make it easy on them!"....and then you see that transpire and regret wishing for it...

sobrien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:44 AM
BrindamoursNose

Outside of a few spelling/grammatical errors, I dug it.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:46 AM
Damaged Goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by laundryman View Post

I wonder if Penguins fans would be so critical of this conduct if their team was not down 3-0 in the series and facing certain elimination.

It's way easier to come down on your home team when they're getting embarrassed on the scoreboard as well.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:52 AM
Teme-84

A good letter in the opening message. I'm not a fan of Flyers or Pens but have paid attention to how Penguins are "playing". Looks like they can't stand losing, and as they now are in trouble, they try a style that reminds me of Slapshot movies. Also the referees should keep their eyes open and wake up. Kimmo Timonen was provoked by 2 players (e.g. Crosby) but he was sent off with game misconduct and extra 2min penalty. Quite a ridiculous move by the refs on Timonen imo.

Teme-84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:54 AM
sxHarr05

I sat next to a Pens fan at the game today who was very critical and ashamed of their behavior on the ice and openly questioned a few of the calls/non-calls made by the officials.

There are some "good ones" among the enemy. Plus, she had nice "Knock Knocks".

Also saw one who got the gate for trying to fight a man 30 years his senior.

sxHarr05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:57 AM
Teme-84

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxHarr05 View Post
I sat next to a Pens fan at the game today who was very critical and ashamed of their behavior on the ice and openly questioned a few of the calls/non-calls made by the officials.

There are some "good ones" among the enemy. Plus, she had nice "Knock Knocks".
Sorry for OT but had to write this. You should have asked her for a date

Teme-84 is offline   Reply With Quote