Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2012, 01:41 PM
End of Line
Human After All

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Lets be honest here: ring shapes have nothing to do with ratings.
Oh I know, I just found TNA more exciting when they had the six sided ring.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
04-15-2012, 02:20 PM
HajdukSplit

vCash: 332
Haven't watched TNA in months, simply gave up watching it, even the little things piss me off like having every show at the Impact Zone and seeing the same 5-6 people in the front row.

Impact did less than a 1.0 on Thursday, ouch

Old
04-15-2012, 04:46 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoalzie View Post
Although it's gone on for a while, I like the Roode-Storm feud. The Bischoffs/Hogan/Flair stuff is so played...I like it better with Sting as the "GM". Cool to see that the MCMG is back in the tag title mix...I hope they get the belts back tonight at Lockdown.
Roode/Storm is solid because they are good workers. AJ and Daniels try to make anything they are involved with good, but the storylines don't always allow that.

The problem with TNA is that they usually have no direction. People will pop up for a couple of weeks and then disappear for months - usually so they can return and turn heel or face.

Then you have Bischoff and Hogan giving themselves way too much TV time.

I actually got slightly interested in TNA again (probably the most I've been since the MCMG/Beer Money feud) recently when Hogan was gone - but then he came back and it's all about him again.

It would be one thing if I was 100% confident Hogan was just coming back to put someone over - but lets be completely honest here. That's not happening.

Bischoff has always been somewhat entertaining as an on-screen character - it's just that when he's booking, he makes no sense.

Like I said, a few years back, before Hogan and Bischoff came in, they were getting the same ratings, they were spending less money, and they were having much better wrestling shows.

Now the product has suffered, the ratings have stayed the same, and they've lost most of their good wrestlers (or don't use them).

It would be nice if TNA could find a medium, where they could use the star power, but still have good storylines, great wrestling, and the such.

The fact that matches like AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels draws similar ratings to RVD, Mr. Anderson, and all the guys they've brought in tells you something. The name's can draw with a crap product --- but no more than they the younger guys could draw and the product was actually good.

The problem at the end of the day? Some of the guys like Hogan, RVD, Sting won't be around much longer. The young guys have years and years left - and it might be too late to save a lot of them when those bums retire.

Old
04-16-2012, 01:06 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
The problem at the end of the day? Some of the guys like Hogan, RVD, Sting won't be around much longer. The young guys have years and years left - and it might be too late to save a lot of them when those bums retire.
If you think Sting is a "bum," then I don't know what to say to you.

Sting is the only wrestler of his age/generation in TNA who can still perform in the ring, and he has always been charismatic and good on the mike.

More Sting -- not even necessarily in an in-ring role -- and a hell of lot less of Hogan, Bischoff, and the sadly-used-up Ric Flair, would go a long way towards getting TNA back in the public eye.

TNA was moving in the right direction when they had Sting as the "GM," and they dropped that stupid "Joker" gimmick. But then they inexplicably handed things over to Bischoff and Hogan again, and **** has rolled downhill like an avalanche ever since.

Old
04-19-2012, 08:26 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Anybody else watching Impact?

I saw more of Austin Aries than I wanted to see.

Old
04-19-2012, 10:07 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

on my dvr...was watching caps/bruins and yotes/hawks tonight...will catch up on dvr over the weekend

Old
04-19-2012, 10:34 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
I actually liked a Hogan segment for once.

The Fight Night thing actually has potential. He made the TV Title actually matter again. Good stuff.

Old
04-26-2012, 07:59 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Open Fight Night tonight.

Anybody else plan on watching?

Old
04-27-2012, 12:59 PM
CaptainCrunch67

As soon as the first one came out and it was Bully Ray versus Devon which was ok but so far overdue that I didn't care about it anymore.

Then Borash and Bischoff came out and I turned the channel, and forget to bother going back.

Old
04-27-2012, 02:43 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

TNA actually made a big announcement today.

from pwinsider.com

TNA announced today via their website that they will be moving Impact Wrestling from the 9:00pm-11:00pm (ET/PT) time-slot to the 8:00pm-10:00pm time-slot on Spike TV. The change will take place on May 31.

The report on their site states that the move "is predicated on the fact that there are more available viewers in the 8:00-10:00pm timeslot with less sports competition in the 8pm hour."

Old
05-17-2012, 04:18 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/5...ng-live-weekly

Quote:
NASHVILLE, TN - (May 17, 2012) -- TNA IMPACT WRESTLING President Dixie Carter and SPIKE TV President Kevin Kay announce today that the highly-rated “IMPACT WRESTLING” will be going Live! from Universal Studios beginning May 31st and continue through the summer. This announcement coincides with the recently announced new, one-hour earlier time slot change of 8:00-10:00pm/ET every Thursday night beginning May 31st.

05-17-2012, 04:53 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Very cool stuff. It will actually help the WWE fans find themselves (like me) reading spoilers just to see what's up. Now i can tune in and be a bit surprised on what's going on.

Old
05-17-2012, 10:23 PM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

vCash: 50
Damn Samoa Joe is fat

Old
05-18-2012, 01:50 PM
CaptainCrunch67

Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselBuiltMyHotrod View Post
Damn Samoa Joe is fat
Too much WCW booking with poor Joe, he's a heel he's a face he's a heel he's a face, he's been kidnapped by ninjas, where's Joe, oh crap he's back, lets never mention ninja's again.

Rinse and repeat.

Old
05-21-2012, 07:52 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

According to ewrestlingnews, Alex Shelley has apparently quit the company.

Old
05-22-2012, 07:55 PM
Shoalzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post

That sucks hard...no more MCGC.

Old
05-22-2012, 08:20 PM
Disclose

vCash: 1000
i watched whever i could.
but even when i started to grow out of wrestling, i would still follow wwe results online and watch wrestlemania.
TNA despite the amazing talent they have (had), has never done that to me.
i recently started to re watch raw cuz i have internet only, when i never know what to check i tune in on mondays in a crappy stream. i enjoy it, not as fun as it used to be for me but love the new blood... and again with tna despite putting good quality full-shows on spike, i still find myself bored on the quality of the product and end up not being able to watch impact without FFWing the show.

(i always loved how they would bring AAA and japan stars for tounys)

Old
05-22-2012, 09:15 PM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Rumors circulating on dirt sheet websites that he'll likely jump ship to WWE.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
05-23-2012, 05:46 AM
Shoalzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Rumors circulating on dirt sheet websites that he'll likely jump ship to WWE.

I can live with that...

Old
05-23-2012, 06:37 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
That sucks hard...no more MCGC.
Don't worry, Sabin and Shelley are best friends in real life (think Edge & Christian tight). If WWE has any interest in Sabin at all, he'll be joining the WWE ranks as well.

I would imagine both could be staples of the new crusierweight show/division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
If you think Sting is a "bum," then I don't know what to say to you.

Sting is the only wrestler of his age/generation in TNA who can still perform in the ring, and he has always been charismatic and good on the mike.

More Sting -- not even necessarily in an in-ring role -- and a hell of lot less of Hogan, Bischoff, and the sadly-used-up Ric Flair, would go a long way towards getting TNA back in the public eye.

TNA was moving in the right direction when they had Sting as the "GM," and they dropped that stupid "Joker" gimmick. But then they inexplicably handed things over to Bischoff and Hogan again, and **** has rolled downhill like an avalanche ever since.
Sting is one of the best wrestlers of all-time.

But I do not think he is a good wrestler anymore. He's okay, at best, I guess. He doesn't have the stamina to go more than 10-12 minutes. When he was in the main events the last time, all his the main events were kept criminally short. But I think that's because Sting really looks gassed.

I would have no problem with Sting either 1) putting people over or 2) being a "spectacle" (think Undertaker) but as a regular wrestler, he's just not interesting to me anymore.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:31 AM
Shoalzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Don't worry, Sabin and Shelley are best friends in real life (think Edge & Christian tight). If WWE has any interest in Sabin at all, he'll be joining the WWE ranks as well.

I would imagine both could be staples of the new crusierweight show/division.

I wouldn't blame Sabin for jumping ship also...I'd like to see those two together in WWE. Those were two of the best workers and the most exciting tag team in TNA.

Old
05-23-2012, 02:55 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
I wouldn't blame Sabin for jumping ship also...I'd like to see those two together in WWE. Those were two of the best workers and the most exciting tag team in TNA.
will Sabin bring Velvet with him too??

Old
05-23-2012, 05:21 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
With the live TNA announcement, and the company coming off a very strong PPV with Sacrifice...

combined with WWE sucking HARD since Extreme Rules, 3 Hour raw probable crapfests coming...

I feel like TNA is trending up and WWE is trending downward right now. Am I alone?

Old
05-23-2012, 05:57 PM
CaptainCrunch67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
With the live TNA announcement, and the company coming off a very strong PPV with Sacrifice...

combined with WWE sucking HARD since Extreme Rules, 3 Hour raw probable crapfests coming...

I feel like TNA is trending up and WWE is trending downward right now. Am I alone?
Yes

Even at its worst WWE is a juggernaut.

Extreme rules had a 251,000 buy rate

Even at their best I think TNA PPV's are bringing in about 10,000 buys (don't quote me but I read that the one before sacrifice got 7,000 buys)

With the ratings this mondays raw got a 4.18 with 4.16 million viewers in the first hour, and 4.14 with 4.44 million viewers in the second hour, which was up from the average 2.9 rating the week before.

TNA has stagnated in that they average 1 to 1.1 rating for their shows for the longest time and averaged between 1 and 1.4 million viewers

So there's no real indication that TNA the company in pursuit is really gaining new viewership or new interest.

So I don't think that the WWE is on the way down and TNA is on the way up.

I would think that with 7 to 10,000 ppv at about $50.00 each, TNA is probably losing a lot of money on PPV's. Dixie Carter has pretty much admited that their live arena shows are losing money as well, and their Impact numbers probably badly effect sponsership.

In terms of merchandising, WWE is pretty much a juggernaut as well I think they did 30 million in revenue this year and that was up from last year. TNA really doesn't sell much in the way of merchandise.

The only thing thats keeping TNA in business is Dixie's mother and father's money. WWE has an established market place and as bad as the booking decisions have been they're still increasing numbers or gaining market share not losing it. TNA is either stagnating or reducing and they're not doing what they have to do which is expanding their numbers.

TNA is as close as you can get to a dead brand as it can get, I don't doubt that the Carter family is getting constant cash calls as they're probably not making enough to support the payroll of thier upper tier wrestlers on guaranteed deals. Right now TNA is haunted by a owner who doesn't seem to know her elbow from her you know what, a top heavy payroll of wrestlers who aren't drawing and a confused fan base.

Unless they turn around and get people to willingly slap money on the counter for tickets, pppv's or even to but a limited pool of merchandise TNA at some point will dry up and fade away.

Spike has been pretty charitable but even they must be looking at those ratings and figure it might be cheaper to run 2 hours of a thousand ways to die and get equivalent ratings.

Last edited by CaptainCrunch67: 05-23-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old
05-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

I really enjoyed the opening segment on Impact tonight with Styles/Angle/Bubba/Hardy in Hogan's "office." I thought it was really well done.

Closed Thread