HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF | Game 3 | 4/16/12 | Rangers @ Senators | 7:30 PM | MSG, CNBC, CBC ‎

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2012, 02:55 AM
BBKers

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Stepan - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - AA - Cally
Kreider - Boyle - Fedotenko
Scott - Rupp - Prust

PLEASE

Old
04-16-2012, 03:01 AM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Stepan - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - AA - Cally
Kreider - Boyle - Fedotenko
Scott - Rupp - Prust

PLEASE
Again--Why on earth would you promote Stepan? He's been one of our worst players the last two games.

Old
04-16-2012, 03:17 AM
nyr5186

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
Again--Why on earth would you promote Stepan? He's been one of our worst players the last two games.
No doubt he's been struggling.

But if you put him in a position where he's comfortable (with Gaborik), that could be a first step towards regaining confidence.

Losing Hagelin for three games sucks. But it could also really pay off. Gives Torts the opportunity to tinker with the lineup a bit and hopefully find new sparks (Pack line? Step promotion? Kreider?)

We shall see. All I know is, this team has responded exceptionally well to adversity all year.

Old
04-16-2012, 03:22 AM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr5186 View Post
No doubt he's been struggling.

But if you put him in a position where he's comfortable (with Gaborik), that could be a first step towards regaining confidence.

Losing Hagelin for three games sucks. But it could also really pay off. Gives Torts the opportunity to tinker with the lineup a bit and hopefully find new sparks (Pack line? Step promotion? Kreider?)

We shall see. All I know is, this team has responded exceptionally well to adversity all year.

I guess I just see Stepan as playing a little scared at the moment. He's been targeted by Ottawa, and it's working (the boarding, the slew foot, etc). He just seems so jumpy out there, and he's making so many simple mistakes as a result (how many times did the puck just go right past him on the point?)

Putting him with Richards and Gaborik, two of our softer players, doesn't seem like it would work IMO. I think that's why Torts had him on the 4th line in practice--sure, he's not as likely to have prime scoring chances with Rupp and/or Prust on his line, but he'll at least have a little protection.

Old
04-16-2012, 04:09 AM
Machinehead
ActingLikeAStempniak

Both Staal and Torts acknowledged that we were too God damn defensive in game 2. That makes me feel real good.

Old
04-16-2012, 04:16 AM
Machinehead
ActingLikeAStempniak

I think expectations are too lofty for Dubinsky. He's probably going to be invisible like he always is.

Old
04-16-2012, 04:24 AM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I think expectations are too lofty for Dubinsky. He's probably going to be invisible like he always is.
Missed game one, did you?

Old
04-16-2012, 04:27 AM
racer90

gotta win at least one of these games in Ottawa

Old
04-16-2012, 04:54 AM
nyr5186

Quote:
I guess I just see Stepan as playing a little scared at the moment. He's been targeted by Ottawa, and it's working (the boarding, the slew foot, etc). He just seems so jumpy out there, and he's making so many simple mistakes as a result (how many times did the puck just go right past him on the point?)

Putting him with Richards and Gaborik, two of our softer players, doesn't seem like it would work IMO. I think that's why Torts had him on the 4th line in practice--sure, he's not as likely to have prime scoring chances with Rupp and/or Prust on his line, but he'll at least have a little protection.
I'm honestly not as worried about our players being protected as much as them being put in a good position to create scoring chances. These are professional hockey players. If they're going out on the ice scared of getting hurt, it doesn't matter who they're playing with. I don't stand by the belief that having Rupp on the ice with Stepan will prevent somebody like Chris Neil from taking a run at him.

You play your skill guys with other skill guys. They create space for each other because defenders respect their skill. Stepan flourishes in open ice. He's not strong enough or quick enough to play the type of dump-and-chase grind-it-out-along-the-boards style of game that playing with Rupp and Prust would inevitably require. They play a simple, straight-forward style that doesn't really lend to Stepan's creativity.

I would give it a shot with Step on the top line. Not saying it's definitely gonna work, but it definitely CAN work. If they can force a few turnovers and quickly counter, these are the three guys on the team (Step, Rich, Gaby) that I would most trust to create a good scoring chance out of an odd-man rush. Moreso than Callahan to be honest.

Old
04-16-2012, 06:27 AM
Ail
k.

This has all the makings of a gigantic let down. I hope it is the opposite. They need to answer big here. Let's see Lundqvist play like Quick is.

Disintegrated MCL
rip
Old
04-16-2012, 06:41 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't really know what to say here, accept that I've lost my taste for the playoffs after just 2 games.

The league is a disgrace.

This is reminiscent of the 70's when the league allowed philly to just beat the crap out of every opponent until they won.

How can you not feel like there is some kind of agenda?

meh, so much for excitement in the playoffs.

NHL = fail

04-16-2012, 07:36 AM
NYRSchrute217

I'm as confident as I've been before a game this year. We're not putting up with Ottawa's ********. 5-1 Rangers

Old
04-16-2012, 07:39 AM
bubba5

Here's to playing a good game and getting some lucky bounces.

Old
04-16-2012, 07:44 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
To get him going, putting him on the fourth line won't help him or the club.

Old
04-16-2012, 07:44 AM
Maximus

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Blessing in disguise...

I don't know fellas and let me know if your with me on this but I think the Game 2 loss and the way it went down is pretty much exactly what was needed for us and it will end up being a blessing in disguise when all is said and done. Here me out. At beginning of series, Sens didn't bother me at all and thought of them as a knat that we needed to simply swat away. I think the players felt the same way. Matter of fact I kind of liked the Sens team as they showed alot of fortitude getting to the playoffs after most people, even alot of their fan base before season thought they were bottom feeders. Well they proved alot of folks wrong and I can respect that. I even liked a few of their players(ie...Alffy,Karlsson,Foligno,CAnderson..etc ). Now at least for me after 2 games, I've got some really good hatred going on for the Sens...its almost personal at this point. I thought their goon antics last game was bush and though I have no problemo with protecting your star players, they went way over the line as it was all pre-meditated BS. It's almost to the point that I have the disgust I feel when we take on the Debbies,Flyers and Penguins...really it's gotten to that point as I can't ****en stand the pukes.

Now if I as a fan have all this hatred going on for the Sens all of a sudden, you have to figure the players now have some really good detest for them as well at this point as they are the ones on the ice dealing with this BS. I am supremely confident that now more than I was before the series that now the Rangers know what they are dealing with, they will start to play with the kind of focus and determination they have displayed alot this year...think huge road wins they have gotten vs the Bruins,Flyers,Pens or Devils this year. IMO Game 2 was exactly what was needed...mark my words.

Old
04-16-2012, 07:55 AM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

game 3 is huge. this team needs to answer back.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:08 AM
RangerFury

Im betting the boys are amped as hell for this one. Booking a complete run over tonight.

#therightway

Old
04-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Dorado*

11 apparently trying to play tOnight

Old
04-16-2012, 08:17 AM
Dangleberry

We need to win 1 on the road, either this game or the next.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:23 AM
Maximus

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLinePass View Post
We need to win 1 on the road, either this game or the next.
Yup, even in the unlikely event we lose tonight which I don't think is happening, I'd still feel supremely confident we would be coming back home with the series tied up at 2-2. I'm tellin ya, the game two BS by the Sens is just what the doctor ordered. And as far as #11 coming back...good. No inevitable excuses from the great white north that the reason they lost was yada yada yada. Can't friggin wait till tonight.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:35 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

It's obvious what Ottawa is trying to do.... Knock the Rangers off their game.

It's a tactic. They know that they're not as good. So they're resorting to shenanigans.

Let the officials handle the non sense. No retaliation penalties. You'll get some calls, you won't get some calls.

They can't fall for it. Play the game that you play.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:44 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Gotta steal at least one, would absolutely love to take both. This game is big because if it's a loss than game 4 is essentially a must win.

Now the Rangers have something to play for. Stay aggressive, stay physical.

Best of luck to Kreider tonight, I hope he plays his game and shows why the Rangers wanted him here so bad, so soon.

LETS GO RANGERS

Old
04-16-2012, 08:44 AM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

Let's show these guys who Chris Kreider is!

Old
04-16-2012, 08:51 AM
koz2393

As long as we keep our heads and play our game, we'll be fine....if we don't look out (see the penguins). However, I think our team has too much character and maturity to have a melt-down.

Last year, rally of Cally this year something for Hags (I'll work on it lol, any creative people feel free to help)

LGR

Old
04-16-2012, 08:53 AM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 350
**** Karlsson up! Cleanly of course. Really, take him out of the equation and the Sens fall apart.

Kreider with the Ovechtrick.

Closed Thread