HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF #3|Apr. 15, 2012|Penguins at Flyers | (Part 2)

Old
04-16-2012, 12:34 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Chaser View Post
Just a heads up to anyone who's curious, you can rewatch the entire game on NBC.com

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...-3-again-here/
Thank you thank you thank you I had to work today and couldnt see it, I really wish NBC would do that more often. Even better it would be really awesome if they put all the games they show on NBC Sports on On Demand! But awesome!

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:39 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
On the Pens board they are calling Giroux a diver....
the passengers have fallen off the short bus.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:44 AM
Broad Street Elite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
So the Flyers have yet to surrender a goal in the 3rd period. More of that in the 1st would be nice.
We change our style with a lead. We play a defensive, counter punch game. Honestly, I think we look better with that style all around than we do with the wide open run-and-gun that we do in periods 1 and 2. I have to believe that this was a specific strategy designed for the Pens. Assuming we advance, I suspect we'll see a a slightly more balanced approach. Lavi simply and correctly has determined that Fleury and the Pens D is so terrible that a wide open game favors Bryz, even if it's not pretty.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:49 AM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
We change our style with a lead. We play a defensive, counter punch game. Honestly, I think we look better with that style all around than we do with the wide open run-and-gun that we do in periods 1 and 2. I have to believe that this was a specific strategy designed for the Pens. Assuming we advance, I suspect we'll see a a slightly more balanced approach. Lavi simply and correctly has determined that Fleury and the Pens D is so terrible that a wide open game favors Bryz, even if it's not pretty.
Dunno about that.
The Flyers never had the lead in Game 1, and got a late lead in Game 2.
I really do think it has something to do with the Pens running out of gas.

Btw, I was wrong. Forgot Kennedy's goal in Game 2, but that was on Bryz and not the D.
So it's 8-3-1.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:56 AM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
Dunno about that.
The Flyers never had the lead in Game 1, and got a late lead in Game 2.
I really do think it has something to do with the Pens running out of gas.

Btw, I was wrong. Forgot Kennedy's goal in Game 2, but that was on Bryz and not the D.
So it's 8-3-1.
So a 2 on one is all on the goalie.

I disagree.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:40 AM
AaronTrieu

things that may go overlooked in this game from all the other hoopla.

good things
-matt reads first two playoff goals! 1 was the game winner. Congrats to the rookie!

-giroux had a gordie howe hattrick. good work in the fight!

-special teams is operating at a 60% clip going 6 for 10 in man advantage chances in the series with 3 short handed goals.

-danny briere has ice in his veins. Calm and collective with the puck. This guy is money in the playoffs. Skated in his 100th game and has 101 points to show for it. hats off to danny for showing people his beast mode.

-wayne the night train simmonds scored his first play off point on dannys go-ahead power play goal. Follows with his first playoff goal to make it 6-4.

-jagr had 3 assists and the last one where he held off dupuis was glorious

defense was ok. coby lead with 27 mins of icetime and i think he moved the puck well. lilja and kubina were not bad. grossman looked pretty good in settling down the play and was solid on the PK. I just wish they could really buckle down and shut a team down completely. if they move on, i'm not really sure how to feel about these guys. They did look a lot better today. Bryz had two softies squeak by so i'm a little down on his play right now. But think i think about that glove save on letang in game 2 and i think that really changed the series and all is forgiven as long as they keep winning.

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:48 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Coburn really got into it with Malkin late in the game. He mugged him to the point where I'm surprised nothing was called.

I think Playoff Coburn has arrived.

04-16-2012, 01:52 AM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 1752
The heart and skill on your team is incredible. Hope you guys win the cup.

Bgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:52 AM
AaronTrieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Coburn really got into it with Malkin late in the game. He mugged him to the point where I'm surprised nothing was called.

pretty sure there was a trip in there. maybe it was embellished and they let it go, but who knows. I was surprised the flyers got a couple free whacks.

Old
04-16-2012, 01:58 AM
sxHarr05

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
the passengers have fallen off the short bus.
Hahahaha. Danny B? Perhaps. G? No friggin way. They're just trrying to even the score, seeing as how Crosby "Goes down" the way he does.

sxHarr05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:03 AM
sxHarr05

Quote:

That was right after the hit on Couturier. It was obvious that was because of the way he has completely skull-f**ked Malkin. He missed so many shots today it was pathetic. The kid has owned him, so someone was sent to do something about it. Coburn seemed to say "Hey, take a run at one of our guys and I'm going right for the guy you're sticking up for". He was flat-out nasty with Gina that shift. And he wasn't the only one.

sxHarr05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:16 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxHarr05 View Post
Hahahaha. Danny B? Perhaps. G? No friggin way. They're just trrying to even the score, seeing as how Crosby "Goes down" the way he does.
No I was referring to a cerian fanbase, well a group of them anyway thinking that Giroux was diving yesterday.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:22 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

vCash: 883
Room on the wagon??

LiquidSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:26 AM
AaronTrieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Room on the wagon??
as long as giroux and danny briere are pulling the wagon. hop on board

Old
04-16-2012, 03:02 AM
Jtown

vCash: 539
I bet Danny B scores more playoff goals than regular season goals.

Read's goals were the biggest goals of this game. He crushed any hopes of a Penguins comeback.

If Giroux's uppercut connected, it would have changed the NHL landscape forever.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:24 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Jeez Crosby is a little b!tch ain't he?!

Either way, I'd love it if you can annihilate that little sack of crap and sweep the penguins please!

Good luck you lot!

Beville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:29 AM
StandingCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnov View Post
http://iphone.tsn.ca/tsnpodcasts/kerryfraser_apr15.mp3

Interview with Kerry Fraser about the game. Good insight into refereeing a heated game.
KF is a great guy... really wish he was still reffing.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 04:05 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:

Beyond the playoffs. Coburn has taken steps to be our best defenseman in the future. He has all the physical tools to be a good shutdown D-man in this league. Also here lately he has been chipping in offensively. I don't know what it was but every since he has been paired with Grossmann he has went into beast mode. I think he enjoys playing with Grossmann and is accepting the challenge of shutting down the best players on the other team. He took it and has ran with it.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 06:22 AM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Beyond the playoffs. Coburn has taken steps to be our best defenseman in the future. He has all the physical tools to be a good shutdown D-man in this league. Also here lately he has been chipping in offensively. I don't know what it was but every since he has been paired with Grossmann he has went into beast mode. I think he enjoys playing with Grossmann and is accepting the challenge of shutting down the best players on the other team. He took it and has ran with it.
When he decides to take the puck up the ice himself, I'm always amazed. Fantastic skating and good decision with the pass every time. Wish he'd do it more often.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 07:39 AM
LI Fly Guy

Shanny on with Boomer and Carton. Boomer said you'll have a busy day today with that Philly Pitt game and referenced what Asham did yesterday. Shanny said twice " yea I'm not done, I'm not done."

LI Fly Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 07:45 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Fly Guy View Post
Shanny on with Boomer and Carton. Boomer said you'll have a busy day today with that Philly Pitt game and referenced what Asham did yesterday. Shanny said twice " yea I'm not done, I'm not done."
Yeah I think Asham will get a game or two. Adams I think is automatically suspended because he got an instigator in final five minutes (is that correct?). Neal I think definitely should be suspended and would be if this were the regular season, but if you take away Neal, Asham, and Adams, they have no shot and I can't see the NHL doing that to any team, let alone the Pens. If it was a little more blatant I think he'd be gone, but you could argue he shouldn't be suspended and I think that is what the league will do.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 07:51 AM
thelos
Bunk

Jagr's one handed pass was unreal

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 07:58 AM
LI Fly Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
but if you take away Neal, Asham, and Adams, they have no shot and I can't see the NHL doing that to any team, let alone the Pens.
While I know what your saying and im sure you'll agree with me because your just stating a fact. But didn't the pens do it to themselves? The league would have done nothing to them, any punishment would be self inflicted and I wish the league would just nut up and take that stance.

LI Fly Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 08:33 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Fly Guy View Post
While I know what your saying and im sure you'll agree with me because your just stating a fact. But didn't the pens do it to themselves? The league would have done nothing to them, any punishment would be self inflicted and I wish the league would just nut up and take that stance.
Absolutely, and if this were the regular season they would all be gone. Things get weird in the playoffs. I would hope Shanny goes by the book, but it doesn't always work that way in the playoffs. Weber probably should have been suspended and would have been in the regular season. But its the playoffs and he is their captain so he didn't get anything. I really don't have a problem with it. I think Ash and Neal should be suspended, but it wouldn't bother me if they only suspended Asham because I have come to expect outcomes like that. I would only have a problem with it if next game the Flyers did similar stuff but got more severe punishment. Consistency is really all I care about.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 08:33 AM
kicksave27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge11 View Post
Jagr's one handed pass was unreal
The funny part is dupuis asking for a penalty against jagr, like jagr was holding him. Dupuis grabbed jagr's arm first and had him in an arm bar.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote