HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF | Game 3 | Nashville Predators @ Detroit Red Wings | 12:23 PM EDT | NBC CBC RDS

Old
04-16-2012, 05:29 AM
Z40
High Compete Level

vCash: 500
HFboards

Wings lose and go down 2-1 in a best-of-seven series = The sky is falling. Fire Holland. Fire Babcock. Fire half the roster.

Wings win = I knew we could do it. HUDLER!!! BERTUZZI!!! MULE!!!

Our team is not without problems but a lot of you way overreact.

Z40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:32 AM
14ari13

Team's worst with

-4 Stuart
-3 Abdelkader and Bertuzzi
Stuart is -5 in 2 losses. If you consider that the Preds scored 6 goals in those 2 games, then you can ask yourself how come Stuart was on the ice for 5 ES goals. Was he on the ice when they scored their PP goal?

Howard
Other than the Pens and Flyers goalies Howard's stats is almost the worst in the league.

Though our bottom 6 have been fine. I think, and have preached for a long time, we need Conner.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:36 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
Team's worst with

-4 Stuart
-3 Abdelkader and Bertuzzi
Stuart is -5 in 2 losses. If you consider that the Preds scored 6 goals in those 2 games, then you can ask yourself how come Stuart was on the ice for 5 ES goals. Was he on the ice when they scored their PP goal?
Yes. Stuart has been on the ice in every goal at Nashville win-games.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:39 AM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
I just saw it, he was on the ice for their PP goal. So yes, Stuart on the ice for all 6 goals in 2 losses.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:50 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Yikes. Not looking good for Stuey in his potential last playoff run with Detroit.

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Yemack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
I just saw it, he was on the ice for their PP goal. So yes, Stuart on the ice for all 6 goals in 2 losses.
wow that is a remarkable feat. can't be too proud about that.

Yemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:11 PM
Yemack

Anyways, it isn't always about Red Wings sucking.

sometimes it's about the other team playing well.

This is the toughest Wings had to face in 1st round as long as I can remember.

Let's revisit why Wings are losing this series.

1) Webber is shadowing Datsyuk like dog on a bone
2) they outmuscle, outhustle Wings
3) they are so dedicated and intensely focused on defense. So much so that they put Wings in shame in terms of will power.

I see some similarity between Nashville and someone like Brock Lesnar. When he was on top of the world, it seemed noone could handle his power and speed. He was very quick and was pretty disciplined following his game plan. His guard was impenetrable and he could overpower you at every turn. how the heck do you beat someone like him? especially if you are one of the smallest competitor

In my opinon, you beat a guy like him by first making him respect your weapon. you strike as early as possible and let him think about how painful it will be if you dont respect it. suddenly his guard won't be so tight and he will taking some steps back. if you dont put a fear in his game early, he will just go right through pound on you until it's too late.

In my humble opinion, Wings should create chaos around their net as often and as early as possible.

Holland and Babcock also should also get on officiating. So far, a guy with no neck is winning this war. we all know he will be telling refs to watch out for our crease crashing before the next game

Preds aren't thinking about going home tied 2-2. Still think that just because Wings show up the series will be tied 2-2?

Last edited by Yemack: 04-16-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old
04-16-2012, 01:24 PM
Frk It
#snipequist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemack View Post
Anyways, it isn't always about Red Wings sucking.

sometimes it's about the other team playing well.

This is the toughest Wings had to face in 1st round as long as I can remember.

Let's revisit why Wings are losing this series.

1) Webber is shadowing Datsyuk like dog on a bone
2) they outmuscle, outhustle Wings
3) they are so dedicated and intensely focused on defense. So much so that they put Wings in shame in terms of will power.
This is the biggest reason we are down in the series thus far in my opinion.

Frk It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Yemack

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowings4013 View Post
This is the biggest reason we are down in the series thus far in my opinion.
I must admit, I have underestimated Preds.

I did not underestimated their roster. I underestimated how hard they were going to compete.

Also I may have underestimated our lack of physicality. Especially at the back end.

Preds' 2 men dumpin forechecking is creating all kinds of havoc

Old
04-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Sentinel

I have underestimated Stuart and overestimated Fillpula.

Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 08:34 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemack View Post
I must admit, I have underestimated Preds.

I did not underestimated their roster. I underestimated how hard they were going to compete.

Also I may have underestimated our lack of physicality. Especially at the back end.

Preds' 2 men dumpin forechecking is creating all kinds of havoc
Nashville is definitely out-muscling the Wings, but I figured that would happen going into the series. Not sure how that catches Wings fans by surprise, though (not a shot against you personally, just a general observation). Detroit isn't a physical team and hasn't been one for a while. No one in the top 6 brings a consistent physical presence, and our bottom 6 is a lightweight on the hitting scale in comparison to other teams. And our D isn't fond of hitting either- people are clamoring for Kronwall to lay somebody out... well, we know that only will happen if he catches someone coming out of their zone with his head down, and we also know that isn't happening in our D zone.

After watching the other series going on, IMO the Wings are clearly the least physical team in the PO's, and don't seem to have the same intensity level. I actually think the Preds haven't been as physical as they could be, either. I hope Detroit can ramp that up, but realize that some of limited physicality is due to the roster we skate out on the ice.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 04:35 AM
Dynheart

Not blaming Howard, but he needs to find another gear.

He makes really good saves. But he hasn't been making key saves. Goals 2 and 3 he wouldn't have let in earlier in the year. Good shots? Yes. Howard was better in break aways/ shoot outs, though.

I guess what he needs is the clutch factor. He makes really great saves, but he isn't making the clutch saves, not yet any way. That's the difference between Rinne and Howard right now (great goalie VS elite goalie).

I have no doubt Howard can have a 40+ save night. But can he make the key saves? I feel Howard can have a 40+ save night, Rinne only 17 saves. But the Wings lose 3-2. That's Howards game right now. Great . but not elite.

His stats look meh, but that's because the Wings aren't letting a lot of shots on him. The shots he is facing, though are generally high quality. Rinne? He faces mostly easy shots (he admits it). Got to make it harder for him. Howard has faced the harder shots this series IMO, but hasn't faced that many shots at the same time. Top that with the fact that the Wings defense would rather score on him that do what Klein did for Rinne. They haven't been playing well for Howard at all, despite what the shot clock says. The quality of shots he faces is just not right. Plus he seems to be on the goalie on the PK more often so far (more high quality scoring chances against).

Last edited by Dynheart: 04-17-2012 at 04:41 AM.
Dynheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 04:47 AM
obey86

Rinne hasn't been as good as his stats indicate this series IMO. We haven't tested him with enough high quality chances.

obey86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 04:58 AM
Dynheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by obey86 View Post
Rinne hasn't been as good as his stats indicate this series IMO. We haven't tested him with enough high quality chances.
Ahh, but he makes the key saves when needed. That's the difference right now. Howard, by his standards, let in 2 softies. The 2nd goal? That's always 50/50. But lets face it, we always know those are in Howards favor. But let's be nice and say that was a nice shot. The 3rd goal was just a bad one to give up. He flat out read it wrong. Unscreened, he though it was going blocker side, but right under the arm it went. By Howards standard? I bet he'll tell you that was a crap goal.

Yea, Rinne? Wings haven't tested him. When they have? He comes up HUGE. In addition, when he's down and out? His defense bails him out. The Wings would rather get in Howards way (Stuart) so he can't move, or just score on him out right (Stuart).

I already said, though. Howard has had the tougher chances this series. The Defense is NOT helping him. The Wings have to find a way to get in the slot...because the Preds are not giving that area up at all. Or, we just hope he has a lot of game 2's. If the Wings defense wakes up and gives Howard a chance (stop with the point blank chances, the cross crease one timers the break aways the odd man rushes), I'm sure he can hand with Rinne. BUt it seems like he can't be cause the defense if playing like garbage in from of him. The Wings have the puck most of the time, but when they lose it....thye scramble scramble scramble.

Last edited by Dynheart: 04-17-2012 at 05:03 AM.
Dynheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 11:05 AM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynheart View Post
Not blaming Howard, but he needs to find another gear.

He makes really good saves. But he hasn't been making key saves. Goals 2 and 3 he wouldn't have let in earlier in the year. Good shots? Yes. Howard was better in break aways/ shoot outs, though.

I guess what he needs is the clutch factor. He makes really great saves, but he isn't making the clutch saves, not yet any way. That's the difference between Rinne and Howard right now (great goalie VS elite goalie).

I have no doubt Howard can have a 40+ save night. But can he make the key saves? I feel Howard can have a 40+ save night, Rinne only 17 saves. But the Wings lose 3-2. That's Howards game right now. Great . but not elite.

His stats look meh, but that's because the Wings aren't letting a lot of shots on him. The shots he is facing, though are generally high quality. Rinne? He faces mostly easy shots (he admits it). Got to make it harder for him. Howard has faced the harder shots this series IMO, but hasn't faced that many shots at the same time. Top that with the fact that the Wings defense would rather score on him that do what Klein did for Rinne. They haven't been playing well for Howard at all, despite what the shot clock says. The quality of shots he faces is just not right. Plus he seems to be on the goalie on the PK more often so far (more high quality scoring chances against).
I have singled out Stuart and Howard, but that's true what you are saying. Howard faces much more difficult shots/scoring chances.

That is actually what I was thinking when the team struggled with Conklin in net. I was thinking if they could not play and win with Conklin, then they had no chance in the playoffs. So we will see if the switch works.
I think the Wings have to play so that they have to win 1-0/2-1.

Old
04-17-2012, 12:48 PM
WhatPezSays

http://www.freep.com/article/2012041...TS05/120417038

Funny article. Lol Berts always in the rumor mill.

WhatPezSays is offline   Reply With Quote