HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

List of candidates for GM and Coach Part List of candidates for GM and Coach Part V

View Poll Results: Choose your Destiny
Claude Julien 29 28.16%
Alain Vigneault 74 71.84%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2012, 06:32 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Good point. Still interesting to hear this insight though.
Depends, 'cause at this point it is just as important as hfboards having an opinion based on not a whole lot of facts which I'd would be expecting coming from insiders. So once the name calling is gone, where's the substance? At one point, the poster says that Brisebois has nothing to do say in how to run the AHL team. But then goes on by saying that he's the sole responsible for the unethical behavior he was talking about. Then, goes on and says that he just can't evaluate talent with no examples whatsoever, unless I missed them.

His "inside" infos about that, are just as good as my opinion on somebody else's opinion that would state that Brisebois was never put in a position to evaluate, that he was only hired to do the maths everywhere he has gone, hence his "lack" of evaluation experience. Yet, not having a lot of experience and being totally unable to evaluate...isn't it 2 different things? Shouldn't we have examples of how he's bad at evaluating?

Old
04-16-2012, 06:55 AM
Craig71

If it's not Roy to the Habs, then Alain best french coach available Vigneault will be available very shortly. I would rather be where we are than be with a pair of over hyped twins and a trembling leaf of a starting goalie that are no shows in the playoffs
I predict Vancouver will blow it up after this year.

Old
04-16-2012, 07:48 AM
MarkovsKnee

Listening to the Fan590 this morning here in Toronto, and they talked about how there are rumours going around that Guy Boucher will be fired in Tampa Bay. Of course knowing them it's a rumour they picked up off the web.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:02 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
Listening to the Fan590 this morning here in Toronto, and they talked about how there are rumours going around that Guy Boucher will be fired in Tampa Bay. Of course knowing them it's a rumour they picked up off the web.
Yzerman is involved with the Team Canada World Championship team.

Boucher is an assistant coach.

I highly doubt he'd be part of the staff if Yzerman was planning to fire him in Tampa.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:25 AM
The Price is Right

Vigneault might get fired if Canucks lose, should he be the number one candidate?

I have a feeling Vigneault will get fired if the Canucks lose. Anyone think he should be the coach to get for next season.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited by The Price is Right: 04-16-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old
04-16-2012, 08:30 AM
gillyguzzler

Yep. Maybe Bylsma could be his assistant.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:30 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
He should definitely get considered. Its not his fault Luongo can't handle important games.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

AV is a pro. He is even handling Luongo ok I think. It's his team at this point. I would give him a long look.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:39 AM
Beakermania*

Gotta hire a GM first. But yes, absolutely I'd take Vigneault if he was let go.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:46 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
NO

AV is a joke and the Bruins would demolish us even more

Old
04-16-2012, 08:47 AM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
He should definitely get considered. Its not his fault Luongo can't handle important games.
His team can't generate a shot on goal. They don't hit the net, they can't get the puck anywhere near the slot. They're impotent.

Lu didn't play last game, Corey did and did a good job. Vingeault is probably one of the worst coaches out of the 16 teams in the playoffs, he can't adapt his team to ****. Kesler as an individual talent is phenomenal, Sedin is *the* best passer in the league, Malhotra and Hansen can shut anyone down, etc. They have a great team - Vingneault is just getting exposed by Darryl Sutter's primitive-ass system.

Blysma on the other hand, I'd take in a heart-beat.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:49 AM
Montreal Typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Luongo is not the problem: he's the scapegoat.

The Canucks never adjust in the middle of a game. That's on the coach.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:51 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
His team can't generate a shot on goal. They don't hit the net, they can't get the puck anywhere near the slot. They're impotent.

Lu didn't play last game, Corey did and did a good job. Vingeault is probably one of the worst coaches out of the 16 teams in the playoffs, he can't adapt his team to ****. Kesler as an individual talent is phenomenal, Sedin is *the* best passer in the league, Malhotra and Hansen can shut anyone down, etc. They have a great team - Vingneault is just getting exposed by Darryl Sutter's primitive-ass system.

Blysma on the other hand, I'd take in a heart-beat.
? Vancouver had 48 shots in game 2 and 41 yesterday

Old
04-16-2012, 08:54 AM
EmelinHipCheck

He couldn't coach an elite team to the cup, 3 years in a row ( depending on the results of this year ). JM and Ottawa, anyone ?

Old
04-16-2012, 09:01 AM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Yzerman is involved with the Team Canada World Championship team.

Boucher is an assistant coach.

I highly doubt he'd be part of the staff if Yzerman was planning to fire him in Tampa.
Well no one ever said rumours are logical.

I was shocked to hear it, and was wondering where it came from. They were talking about TB promoting John Cooper, the coach of Norfolk who currently has a 28? game win streak going (not sure if it's more now). But, yeah, all things considered, I can't see Yzerman making that move while inviting Boucher to participate in the WCs.

Old
04-16-2012, 09:02 AM
gillyguzzler

The only thing I worry about is that Vigneault's been coaching an excellent, deep and stable team for many years. How would he do with the mess we have now. Second line? Plek, Bourque, Leblanc...

Old
04-16-2012, 09:07 AM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
? Vancouver had 48 shots in game 2 and 41 yesterday
Shots are different. Washington had tons of shots against us in the miracle run but they were mostly worthless. Vancouver's shots are almost ALL worthless, they're not testing Quick just like they didn't phase Thomas.

Old
04-16-2012, 09:12 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Gainey=Gauthier=idiot
That's so wrong that I don't know where to start. But it had to be pointed out. If you truly think that, it speaks highly of, well... you know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
He had no say in player movement, trades and talent evaluation in Montreal where he does in TB according to the team website. That is a big upgrade in roles for an assistant GM, if you ask me.
Exactly. But people will put twists to downplay BriseBois if they don't like him as a candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlingsDOTcom View Post
Let's wait until the playoffs are over, before we start praising the Flyers mold.
I think that he was referring to the fact that the Habs don't need to rebuild like some teams, but take advantage of a bad season (injuries and production) to retool, draft well and get back in contention right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Just a warning for anyone else. HabitualWinner's story is being labeled legit and his source has been confirmed. I'm not saying you can't doubt the story, that's your right, but calling him a liar outright will be considered flaming.
In all due respect, unless he's Serge Savard or Geoff Molson, the only two people involved in the selection and interviews for a new GM, he doesn't know more than you, me or any other member here when it comes to the hiring of the new GM, BriseBois included.

There's a reason why BriseBois has worked for this team for almost 10 years. Had he done a bad job, he wouldn't have stuck around and certainly wouldn't have received the promotions he got. The fact remains that the Habs were slowly grooming him and he left because Yzerman came knocking, not because he was fired or anything.

Old
04-16-2012, 09:17 AM
hey

In my opinion, if he is let go he is the best french speaking coach available

Old
04-16-2012, 09:20 AM
poetryinmotion

I wouldn't mind Vigneault as coach even f the 'nucks lose in 4. But its moot because we need a GM first.

Old
04-16-2012, 09:22 AM
MM425

I think Vigneault is a good coach.

Since being bilingual is seemingly a necessary perquisite our pool is limited. AV would definitely be considered.

Old
04-16-2012, 09:23 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

I like Vigneault - always have. Then maybe the Habs can get Higgy and Lappy back too. LOL

Old
04-16-2012, 09:24 AM
macavoy

I can't see the Nucks firing AV. Who are they going to replace him with?

Old
04-16-2012, 09:26 AM
MarkovsKnee

I like Vigneault. I don't think Vancouver is as deep as some people here do. With D. Sedin out, they're pretty average behind H. Sedin and Kesler. Kings are able to put together two strong scoring lines, have a solid 3rd line, and have a tougher D by far. Doughty and Willie Mitchell are absolute beasts for them, while Canucks have no similar pairing. Quick is a great goalie as well.

Canucks also take too many stupid penalties (see: Lapierre). They also play in a horrible division so they picked up a lot of easy points this year.

It doesn't matter how many adjustments a coach makes, if the quality of the team is less than the opponent then that coach and team will lose. Kings are proving that they are the better team. A line-up that consists of Kopitar, Richards, Carter, Brown, Williams, Doughty, Mitchell and Quick is a quality team. At the beginning of the season, most people were picking the Kings to finish 1st in the west this year, and at minimum make it to the Finals.

Kings didn't have a great season, but I think they will make it to the Finals.

Vigneault has been there a long time, so it's probably time to make a change. I think he won't stay unemployed for long. I think Montreal is a good fit, but I also think Vigneault will have other options, so who knows if he winds up here.

Old
04-16-2012, 09:32 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
First, if anything, if Roy could attract all the spotlights on him instead of the players, I know a bunch of playes who will be damn happy to see that happening.

Then, Roy, and his ego, are still to this day riding a freakin bus all over Quebec for the past how many years now? And he's not taking the plane while his players are going on bus. He does that for the right reasons. So he has a temper. It's about freakin time that somebody on this ****ing team has a temper. Every team that wins happens to have some people who does whether it's management, coaching or players. He needs to control it, which he'll do 'cause he's not stupid and realize he's in the NHL and if he wants to stay, he'll have to control it.

Personnally, I see him as a winner, as a guy who does not accept laziness, as guy who will be able to transmit this to his players and will not accept failure.

Add the fact that there's a limit to what a coach can do. We're seeing it with Bylsma this year. So I read people and you'd think that the coach will single handidly change the course of this team. He will help. But he'll need the players to do so. He'll need the goalie to stop the puck.
I've been saying for weeks now that NHL coaches are interchangeable and useless. These playoffs are proving my point.

Roy can coach, I'm fine with that, but its it's up to the new GM, not the other way around.

I'm not fine with Roy wanting to be GM, and I'm not fine with him as coach if he wants to be GM.

Closed Thread