HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 3 (1-1): Ottawa Senators VS New York Rangers | CBC, CNBC, RDS | 7:30 |

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2012, 06:24 AM
wjhl2009fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Roffler View Post
Carkner better be resigned for wat he did.
He did nothing wrong.

Old
04-16-2012, 06:26 AM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
He did nothing wrong.
I think he meant re-signed

Old
04-16-2012, 06:49 AM
Smitty26

going!!!!!! 100 level! me and my buddy got the last two seats together in SBP! super exited as this will be my first ever playoff game, and 1st ever 100 level game! life time experience!

Old
04-16-2012, 06:57 AM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty26 View Post
going!!!!!! 100 level! me and my buddy got the last two seats together in SBP! super exited as this will be my first ever playoff game, and 1st ever 100 level game! life time experience!
I've never been to a playoff game (for nhl) but I have been to a 100 level NHL game (in Calgary) it is a great view, you'll love it

Old
04-16-2012, 07:13 AM
SammyTheBull

vCash: 984
Let the Senatroll continue.

Old
04-16-2012, 07:15 AM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Really wish I was going to this!

Go Sens Goooooooooooooo!!

Old
04-16-2012, 07:16 AM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
Kelly Clarkson Good Karma:

h
I MET HER!! (old sens fans will know how big of a deal that is to me!). Blake Shelton introduced us in Vegas 2 weeks ago. She is the sweetest person ever!

Old
04-16-2012, 07:33 AM
Buck Aki Berg
My pockets hurt

This is gonna be one whole hell of a game .. it's been a while since I've had this kind of anticipation for a hockey game.

There're still some pairs of tickets available in the 100s (capitaltickets pulled up 103 row O as the cheapest pair available), and if you want to make some new friends, there are some singles available in the upper reaches of 328.

Old
04-16-2012, 07:37 AM
Maximus

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Ranger fan coming here in peace(well sort of). Looks like we got some good old fashioned hate going on now between the teams and the fan bases. Was too much of a love fest anyways for my taste at beginning of series but now...that's over and done with. I'm sure you guys will agree this is the way it should be...hate, disgust,foaming at the mouth at the mere mention of our teams...etc. Interesting take from you guys that we "awoke the sleeping giant" when it is us thinking same exact thing. Going to be a great game tonight. Probably a few fights at the beginning to set the tone and than it will be all about the hockey. Wouldn't suprise me if your boys won tonight but it shouldn't suprise y'all either if we did. IMO,I think we come back to MSG tied up at 2. Anyways, despite my newly found hatred for your hockey team, I have to admit I respect quite a few of the players and I do like your coach quite a bit. We'll see how it shakes out tonight boys...let's get it on!

Old
04-16-2012, 07:50 AM
masterandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Ranger fan coming here in peace(well sort of). Looks like we got some good old fashioned hate going on now between the teams and the fan bases. Was too much of a love fest anyways for my taste at beginning of series but now...that's over and done with. I'm sure you guys will agree this is the way it should be...hate, disgust,foaming at the mouth at the mere mention of our teams...etc. Interesting take from you guys that we "awoke the sleeping giant" when it is us thinking same exact thing. Going to be a great game tonight. Probably a few fights at the beginning to set the tone and than it will be all about the hockey. Wouldn't suprise me if your boys won tonight but it shouldn't suprise y'all either if we did. IMO,I think we come back to MSG tied up at 2. Anyways, despite my newly found hatred for your hockey team, I have to admit I respect quite a few of the players and I do like your coach quite a bit. We'll see how it shakes out tonight boys...let's get it on!
Honestly. when this series is over, I can go back to liking the Rangers. Lundqvist is awesome.

Boyle is not enough to hate a team and Hagelin apologized. They are good in my books just after this series.

Old
04-16-2012, 07:55 AM
HavlatMach9

It's up to the rangers whether this game is dirty or not. If they go after Karlsson, they've chosen to be dirty and we'll play like last game. If they don't play dirty, then Karlsson will have plenty of room.

Seems to me Rangers coach thinks they played too defensive to close out the last game, that they should be more offensive, that suits Ottawa just fine.

Old
04-16-2012, 07:59 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
It's up to the rangers whether this game is dirty or not. If they go after Karlsson, they've chosen to be dirty and we'll play like last game. If they don't play dirty, then Karlsson will have plenty of room.

Seems to me Rangers coach thinks they played too defensive to close out the last game, that they should be more offensive, that suits Ottawa just fine.
If they open it up to much they will get scored on over and over.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:10 AM
Hell on Heels

Let us just hope they decide not to televise our opening this time.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:13 AM
RedWhiteBlackGold

vCash: 50
Go Sens Go!

04-16-2012, 08:15 AM
Maximus

Fellas, I really don't think tonight is going to be about us trying to nail and pulverize Karlsson...I really don't. Sure he's going to get hit quite a bit which is to be expected but I seriously seriously doubt there's going to be anything crazy going on with any Rangers specifically targetting Karlsson. It's not the Rangers game to goon things up...really it isn't. So I'd think we will be seeing a much cleaner game with maybe a fight or two at the beginning but not due to us targetting Karlsson.

Also, I've watched your club alot this year and if your vulnerable anywhere it with the defensive corps from a defensive standpoing not offensivly. So Rangers have to try and take advantage of that and open up the offense more and hope that Lundqvist and the defense can hold the fort. It's a gamble but one they have to take. Also and I'm sure you guys can admit this, there is no in between or grey area when it comes to Anderson. When he's on and going through one of his notorious hot streaks, he's a top tier goalie...top 5 in the entire league IMO...really. When he's cold, he's quite possibly one of the worst goalies in the league. I've never seen a goalie that runs so hot and cold as he does. We'll find out soon enough which Anderson we'll be seeing tonight.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:22 AM
Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterandy View Post
Honestly. when this series is over, I can go back to liking the Rangers. Lundqvist is awesome.

Boyle is not enough to hate a team and Hagelin apologized. They are good in my books just after this series.

Ditto that...couldn't have said it better. Funny, my brother in law is a huge Sens fan as he lives in Orleans(I think it's spelt that way) and have been there tons of times. Well he and I up until just a few days ago have never said a bad word even to one another about anything including our teams. All of a sudden now after all the crap that happened in Game 2, the text messages have been flying both ways as he and I are cursing at each other, putting each other down, putting our teams down and for the most part hating one another for the time being. It takes a little getting used to but I kind of like all the trash talking he and I have been doing. And like you say, once the series is over, I'll go back to liking and rooting on the Sens again and I guess liking my brother in law as well though that could be in question...

Old
04-16-2012, 08:26 AM
Penny Lane
Sens fan in the USA.

I love how the Rangers GDT is full of posts about not letting their team stoop to our level. Suddenly we're goons. Cute.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:32 AM
Cowen Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Fellas, I really don't think tonight is going to be about us trying to nail and pulverize Karlsson...I really don't. Sure he's going to get hit quite a bit which is to be expected but I seriously seriously doubt there's going to be anything crazy going on with any Rangers specifically targetting Karlsson. It's not the Rangers game to goon things up...really it isn't. So I'd think we will be seeing a much cleaner game with maybe a fight or two at the beginning but not due to us targetting Karlsson.

Also, I've watched your club alot this year and if your vulnerable anywhere it with the defensive corps from a defensive standpoing not offensivly. So Rangers have to try and take advantage of that and open up the offense more and hope that Lundqvist and the defense can hold the fort. It's a gamble but one they have to take. Also and I'm sure you guys can admit this, there is no in between or grey area when it comes to Anderson. When he's on and going through one of his notorious hot streaks, he's a top tier goalie...top 5 in the entire league IMO...really. When he's cold, he's quite possibly one of the worst goalies in the league. I've never seen a goalie that runs so hot and cold as he does. We'll find out soon enough which Anderson we'll be seeing tonight.
In this series the Rangers have not been about trying to pulverize. They have been about the cheap and late hits and shots, being sneaky, then turtling when confronted head on. Boyle did a complete turtle when confronted by Neil, and less when confronted by Carkner.

I doubt very much the Rangers will actually stand up and go for a fight. Maybe if Scott is inserted into the lineup we will see a staged fight between him and Konopka. Then it will be back to Del Zotto cheapshot cross checks and Boyle's late hits, and more Torts whining to the press when called on it.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:41 AM
ChocolateLeclaire

BELIEVE.

P.S. GDT needs more MS Paint Karma. And maybe some Kenopka-themed cats.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:43 AM
Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie Grossie View Post
I love how the Rangers GDT is full of posts about not letting their team stoop to our level. Suddenly we're goons. Cute.
We are the Pens!

Old
04-16-2012, 08:50 AM
Caeldan

vCash: 732
Ottawa needs to take this one tonight.
And everything is 'even' at this point, so I don't expect any crazy shennanigans. We just need to keep the physical edge up without crossing any lines.

Of course if Torts does something ridiculous like put Scott in the lineup, you know who is starting things next.

Someone needs to MS Paintify this one:

Old
04-16-2012, 08:55 AM
Hell on Heels

team 1200 is going to find out about Alfie's status in the next hour apparently.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:58 AM
Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spensar View Post
In this series the Rangers have not been about trying to pulverize. They have been about the cheap and late hits and shots, being sneaky, then turtling when confronted head on. Boyle did a complete turtle when confronted by Neil, and less when confronted by Carkner.

I doubt very much the Rangers will actually stand up and go for a fight. Maybe if Scott is inserted into the lineup we will see a staged fight between him and Konopka. Then it will be back to Del Zotto cheapshot cross checks and Boyle's late hits, and more Torts whining to the press when called on it.

Couple of things Spensar to help you out here as you have some facts not exactly correct:

First off Boyle is NOT a fighter. Yes he's a big guy...a very very big guy but he's not a fighter...he just isn't. Karlsson might actually give him a good fight...seriously. Had Carkner taken a run at Rupp or even a lightweight like Prust who can handle himself really well, they'd give Carkner and Neil a damn good fight. If I had to put money on it, I'd bet tonight, Neil and Prust go at it and Rupp takes on Konapka or it could be vice versa. So no worries, Rangers will drop the gloves with the best of them but they just aren't goons. And let's be honest, there have been cheap shots by both teams and though Hagelins was the most igregious, it was very out of character for him as he's pretty much a skill guy as that might have been the first time I saw him throw a check all year. I like Alffy and hopefully he's out there tonight but do know that Hagelin made a mistake but he's far from being a cheap shot artist.

It's playoff hockey my friend and this is the **** that goes on when the hate starts to boil. This is nothing like Pens/Flyers series though...let's get real.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:59 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Got Team1200 into my bluetooth headset all day at work.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:59 AM
WantEggRoll

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterandy View Post

I can't even hate Boyle yet despite his actions on Karlssin because all I can see when I look at Boyle is him in that Elf costume yelling "It's SANTA!! I know him!".

Closed Thread