HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

James Neal & Craig Adams suspended for Game 4; Arron Asham suspended for four games

Old
04-16-2012, 05:57 AM
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake

vCash: 500
James Neal & Craig Adams suspended for Game 4; Arron Asham suspended for four games

Monday morning, mod edit:

http://twitter.com/#!/RealKyper

Quote:
Nick Kypreos ‏ @RealKyper
#Penguins Neal will have 2 separate #NHL discipline hearings Tues 10am. Asham will follow with in person @ 11am
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____

I have found a really good Youtube Video....

For me its really clear, that he want to injure both player of us...

Make your own opinion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAFjvfA8zqk

But i bet the NHL don´t do anything!

EDIT: TSN Link for Adams suspension

Quote:
Pittsburgh Penguins forward Craig Adams will miss Game 4 of the series against the Philadelphia Flyers after his automatic one-game suspension was upheld by the league on Monday.

Last edited by CanadianFlyer88: 04-16-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Ironmanrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 06:32 AM
Stizzle

I agree that he was intentionally trying to injure both Couturier and Giroux. If he isn't suspended multiple games, I will be very dissapointed in the NHL. They can not look the other way.

Stizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 07:04 AM
StandingCow

Gotta suspend him for the rest of the playoff series imo.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 07:10 AM
BillDineen

Absolutely should be suspended. But I bet he will not.

Shanny showed a reluctance to suspend Weber. I think this is solely because Weber is a key player for the Preds. Shanny will suspend Asham and then fine Neal. There will be some B S reason why it is only a fine, but the real reason will be that removing a key player on top of Asham would make him feel uncomfortable.

NHL discipline is a joke. I would love for them to prove me wrong on this, but I am not optimistic.

BillDineen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 07:17 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

He should definitely be suspended for the Giroux hit. Point of contact is the back of G's head. That's a suspendable act.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 07:21 AM
thelos
Bunk

He better be suspended, but I dont expect much

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 07:35 AM
Damaged Goods

He ought to be.

The fact that he's a repeat offender gives me some hope.

[2 game suspension in 2009]

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 07:43 AM
G Money

you pretty much have to injure the guy to be suspended unless ur carkner and u guys dont remember grossmann kneeing him?

G Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 07:45 AM
thelos
Bunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Money View Post
you pretty much have to injure the guy to be suspended unless ur carkner and u guys dont remember grossmann kneeing him?
Grossmann got his knee out, but it wasn't really dirty enough to be suspended. 2 min penalty was enough

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Jumping

Mario Lemieux, if he considers himself the conscience of the league, should suspend / sit down Neal for 1 game without NHL interference.

Won't do it though. It's only dirty when it's down against the Pens.

Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 08:50 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
He probably won't be suspended, though he should be. The NHL is so bad with this stuff. Carkner gets one game for doing far worse than anything I've seen in these playoffs, meanwhile Hagelin and Bitz get multiple games.

Then again it wouldn't surprise me if Shanny threw the book at the Pens because they are dead in the water. Suspend Neal and Asham for the rest of the playoffs. That way it looks like the NHL is taking a harder stance on this stuff, looks like they aren't favoring the Pens, and it doesn't really hurt the Pens because they have very little chance of coming back as it is.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 09:42 AM
Prongo
Beer

I actually have a feeling Shanny will do something about this game. He has to. The Couts hit coupled with the Giroux head hunting needs to be addressed. I don't expect much, probably one game if he gets anything. They should have three players at least missing tomorrows game in Neal, Asham, and Adams. It is all right there in the rule book, they need to be addressed. They put themselves in this situation, now pay the consequences for your actions.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 09:54 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Who knows. Shanny has been real inconsistent.

I like how Neal snuck off quietly after those two cheap hits. When the scrums on ice started he hurries and goes to the bench. That is why Berube was calling him a *****.

Neal wanted no part of Simmonds.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I actually have a feeling Shanny will do something about this game. He has to. The Couts hit coupled with the Giroux head hunting needs to be addressed. I don't expect much, probably one game if he gets anything. They should have three players at least missing tomorrows game in Neal, Asham, and Adams. It is all right there in the rule book, they need to be addressed. They put themselves in this situation, now pay the consequences for your actions.
I am right on with your statement.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:08 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

not sure how you can suspend Neal after not suspending Weber

but this series is 3-0 and it is a good chance for Shanahan to serve notice

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:28 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

RE: Adams and the instigator:

Quote:
46.22 Fines and Suspensions – Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime) - A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at anytime in overtime (see 46.12) hall be suspended for one game, pending a review of the incident.

When the one-game suspension is imposed, the Coach shall be fined $10,000 – a fine that will double for each subsequent incident.

The suspension shall be served unless, upon review of the incident, the Director of Hockey Operations, at his discretion, deems the incident is not related to the score, previous incidents in the game or prior games, retaliatory in nature, “message sending”, etc. The length of suspension will double for each subsequent offense. This suspension shall be served in addition to any other automatic suspensions a player may incur for an accumulation of three or more instigator penalties.

No team appeals will be permitted either verbally or in writing regarding the assessment of this automatic suspension as all incidents are reviewed by the Director of Hockey Operations as outlined above.
So with the bold/italicized -- if this was a regular game without incident, Adams might get off. However, with all the BS that went on, it sure seems like Adams will get a game.

Really, Adams, Neal, and Asham should all get the gate.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:31 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

This is similar to my take yesterday...the league doesn't want to suspend star players if the recipient is not injured. It's total BS but it seems to be true. I have very little confidence in Shanahan giving Neal a suspension even though he clearly deserves one. I'm still livid and want somebody to bury that coward if he does play...

I haven't felt this much animosity towards a player since Scott Stevens.....ugh...

Quote:
I have never minded fighting in hockey. It is an emotional sport, especially in the playoffs, and fighting has its place in the game depending on the situation. What I can't abide is gutless goonery in which the only intention is to cause injury.

James Neal is not a dirty player on a game-in and game-out basis. However, he's had past incidents where he's lost his cool and targeted opponents' heads, often with blindside hits.

Neal's post-game assertion that his blindside hit on Sean Couturier (who had not had the puck for several seconds) was accidental was laughable. Not only do replays show that Neal had his eyes fixed on his target, he also jumped into the hit. Thankfully, Couturier was later able to return to the game.

Later, on a sequence that started with Evgeni Malkin trading jabs and slashes behind the play, Neal blatantly went at Giroux's head, leaving the Flyers' single most important forward momentarily woozy.

I don't think Neal will be suspended. In these playoffs, Brendan Shahanan has already established a precedence that star players -- and Neal most certainly qualifies as a star, as he showed with his two tremendous goals yesterday -- will not get suspended if an act of reckless/ deliberate intent to injure does not put the victim out of the game.

Role players, however, get the full brunt of Shanny's wrath. Arron Asham is most certainly going to get a suspension for his first-period cross-check near Brayden Schenn's throat, followed by a punch to the back of Schenn's head as he laid on the ice. Asham no doubt thought Schenn had left his feet to deliver a hit moments earlier -- he got a charging minor out of it, although the referee's arm did not initially go up -- but the retaliation was way over the line.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-...-ECSF/45/43858

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:10 AM
LI Fly Guy

@RealKyper: #SNPlayoffs breaking news. #Penguins Neal will have 2 separate #NHL discipline hearings Tues 10am. Asham will follow with in person @ 11am

LI Fly Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:16 AM
HyPnOtiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Fly Guy View Post
@RealKyper: #SNPlayoffs breaking news. #Penguins Neal will have 2 separate #NHL discipline hearings Tues 10am. Asham will follow with in person @ 11am
Neals aren't in person? Joke, fine only.

HyPnOtiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Brozgalov

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyPnOtiK View Post
Neals aren't in person? Joke, fine only.
I don't think that matters does it? I thought most of the suspensions handed out are done over the phone? He has two different discipline meetings? Sounds like good news to me.

Brozgalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:22 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Fly Guy View Post
One is with Bettman where Bettman will invite Neal out to dinner and the other is with Shanahan where he will apologize to Neal for the Flyers being such meanies and instigating him into unsportmanlike conduct...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:25 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
One is with Bettman where Bettman will invite Neal out to dinner and the other is with Shanahan where he will apologize to Neal for the Flyers being such meanies and instigating him into unsportmanlike conduct...
And one is with Rinaldo, who will be serving Neal's suspension. It's only fair.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:25 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1170
FWIW, Hagelin had a phone hearing:

Quote:
Then it got worse Sunday night when he was hit with a three-game suspension.
Quote:
The Rangers were miffed by the severity of Hagelin's punishment in light of Nashville's Shea Weber receiving only a $2,500 fine for smashing the head of Detroit forward Henrik Zetterberg into the glass at the end of Game 1 of that series. Zetterberg wasn't injured on the play.
Quote:
Hagelin had a phone hearing with Shanahan on Sunday, while his team practiced before flying to Ottawa. He already served a major penalty that produced the first tying goal for Ottawa, but now will be out until Game 6, or the opening game of the second round if the Rangers advance, or until next season if the Senators win this series.
Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1sDXhrw9R

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:27 AM
FlyGuy422

Hearings for Penguins

According to Nick Kypreos on Twitter...

breaking news. #Penguins Neal will have 2 separate #NHL discipline hearings Tues 10am. Asham will follow with in person @ 11am

If Neal has two separate hearings he will definitely get at least a game. I can see Asham getting 5 games for his disgraceful cross check and punch.

That was an embarrassment to hockey.

FlyGuy422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:31 AM
BillDineen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
And one is with Rinaldo, who will be serving Neal's suspension. It's only fair.
LOL. Although to be truly fair, Rinaldo should serve Neal, Adams and Asham's suspensions and pay Bylsma's fine.

BillDineen is online now   Reply With Quote