HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hagelin to have hearing on Sunday (UPDATE: Suspended 3 games)

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2012, 10:52 AM
leonardodm

vCash: 500
Alfredsson on Ice

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...When:13:25:39Z

Old
04-16-2012, 10:53 AM
corksens

Boyle shouldn't have rabbit punched Karlsson after the whistle in game 1. Carkner shouldn't have punched Boyle in game 2.

The two are most certainly offset.

Hagelin should be gone for 1, maybe 2 games. That's all.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:55 AM
truebluegoalie

*edit

nm, stupid refresh

Old
04-16-2012, 10:55 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Phillips shouldn't have elbowed Callahan.

Karlsson shouldn't have slewfoot Stepan.

Konopka or whatever useless goon it was shouldn't have tried to choke out Richards in front of the net.

Sens got away with a lot of ******** in Game 2.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:56 AM
Calorissi

If Alfredsson wasn't injured (as some are suggesting), why did he not return to a very close and important game. Of course he was injured.

You may not know it, but Alfredsson has a history of coming back very early from injuries (either healing very quickly or playing injured).

Alfie's history of playing injured:
In 2006, after being hit by Chara slapshot which resulted in broken ribs, he returned 10 days later missing only 4 games I believe.

In 2008, he came back 4 weeks earlier than expected to play in game three against Pittsburgh when his team down 2-0 in the series. He later admitted he played with a ruptured collateral ligament.

in 2009 he missed one game after having his jaw broken.

in 2010 he played from Feb on with a Sports Hernia.

He will play injured and will definitely play hurt.
It should be up to the Sens to tell him not to play tonight.
They can't leave it up to Alfie....he will play if he can.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:57 AM
Salz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony View Post
forgive me if this has been said already. i haven't posted in years but felt compelled to weigh in. carkner gets 1 game hagelin gets 3? are we to believe that hagelin's intent to injure was more severe than carkner's? i can't remember the last time a player was allowed to knock his opponent down during a fight and pound him as he lay prone on his back. is this ufc or the nhl? was the ref standing with his hand on his hip 2 feet away waiting for boyle to tap out? really dubinsky should be applauded by the league for intervening before boyle was seriously injured. someone had to break that mugging up. hagelin and his 12 minor penalties in 64 regular season games was not head hunting. he was a bit over zealous sure and was penalized 5mins for it. end of story. all things being equal i can see a 1 game suspension but the way this league has overlooked things recently 3 games is a joke.
Great post.

Old
OverTheCap

And this is exactly why suspensions shouldn't be issued based on severity of injury. "Alfredsson may be playing tonight? Oops, well I guess then the suspension could be reduced."

Not only can teams take advantage of this, but concussions are so unpredictable that one never knows how many games a player could miss. Earlier in the year, it looked Giroux suffered a severe concussion and would out a long time, but he was back playing a week later.

It's a pointless endeavor to appeal anyway if Bettman is in charge. He's probably still bitter that Torts criticized his precious angels and the Pens' behavior yesterday more or less justified what Torts said. I can't possibly imagine he would able to hear the appeal without any bias.

Old
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Poll to vote on if the Hagelin suspension was too harsh:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1166941

Old
04-16-2012, 10:58 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calorissi View Post
If Alfredsson wasn't injured (as some are suggesting), why did he not return to a very close and important game. Of course he was injured.

You may not know it, but Alfredsson has a history of coming back very early from injuries (either healing very quickly or playing injured).

Alfie's history of playing injured:
In 2006, after being hit by Chara slapshot which resulted in broken ribs, he returned 10 days later missing only 4 games I believe.

In 2008, he came back 4 weeks earlier than expected to play in game three against Pittsburgh when his team down 2-0 in the series. He later admitted he played with a ruptured collateral ligament.

in 2009 he missed one game after having his jaw broken.

in 2010 he played from Feb on with a Sports Hernia.

He will play injured and will definitely play hurt.
It should be up to the Sens to tell him not to play tonight.
They can't leave it up to Alfie....he will play if he can.
Mandatory precautionary measure after his earlier concussion. I think it is fairly obvious he is ok now.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:00 AM
corksens

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Phillips shouldn't have elbowed Callahan.

Karlsson shouldn't have slewfoot Stepan.

Konopka or whatever useless goon it was shouldn't have tried to choke out Richards in front of the net.

Sens got away with a lot of ******** in Game 2.
All of those plays you listed are nothing moments - and happen all game long - by both teams.

The two most outrageous plays were handled by the league and suspensions handed out. Again, I don't think Hagelin should have been given 3.

Old
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by corksens View Post
Boyle shouldn't have rabbit punched Karlsson after the whistle in game 1. Carkner shouldn't have punched Boyle in game 2.

The two are most certainly offset.

Hagelin should be gone for 1, maybe 2 games. That's all.
Those 2 things offset? Are you serious?

One is a little tustle after the whistle. The other is borderline assault. Take off the homer glasses.

At least youre not quite as wrong with your Hagelin musing.

Old
varanger94

Shanahan said that he believed Ottawa was being honest with Alfredssons condition. Hey Shanny I got a good used car for you. Maybe your friendship with McClean made you believe them so much.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Calorissi

At the time, I really thought it may be a ruptured ear drum. He was holding his ear and didn't look wobbly once he got to his feet.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:02 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
All of those plays you listed are nothing moments - and happen all game long - by both teams.

The two most outrageous plays were handled by the league and suspensions handed out. Again, I don't think Hagelin should have been given 3.
Slewfoots and elbows are nothing moments? ********.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:03 AM
corksens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Those 2 things offset? Are you serious?

One is a little tustle after the whistle. The other is borderline assault. Take off the homer glasses.

At least youre not quite as wrong with your Hagelin musing.
A 6'5 250 pound 3rd liner grabbing and punching a 175 pound 21 year old all-star is not a "little tustle". How Karlsson got a penalty on that play still has me scratching my head.

There are no homer glasses. Boyle shouldn't have done that and I have little to no problem with Carkner coming out in game two and letting Boyle know that it won't happen again.

I would also have no problem with Scott slotting in for game 4 and challenging Carkner. These guy still have a place in the league. This is it.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:04 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ogrodnick View Post
If Alfredsson plays I lose all respect for him and the Ottawa organization. Classless ********. Shanny you look even more foolish now. Since the reason for the suspension was the injury suffered and its now apparent that their is no injury, shouldn't the suspension be reduced? Of course not, that would be logical and fair, 2 words that aren't associated with the NHL.
I understand all of our anger, but why would you be pissed at Alfredsson? What did he do wrong?

Old
04-16-2012, 11:05 AM
corksens

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Slewfoots and elbows are nothing moments? ********.
Players get tangled up all the time. A slewfoot? ****** is right...

Old
04-16-2012, 11:05 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
A 6'5 250 pound 3rd liner grabbing and punching a 175 pound 21 year old all-star is not a "little tustle". How Karlsson got a penalty on that play still has me scratching my head.

There are no homer glasses. Boyle shouldn't have done that and I have little to no problem with Carkner coming out in game two and letting Boyle know that it won't happen again.

I would also have no problem with Scott slotting in for game 4 and challenging Carkner. These guy still have a place in the league. This is it.
And I have no problem with Rupp teaching Karlsson it's not okay to slewfoot by jumping on him and pounding him as he lays on the ice defenselessly. Just because I say that, doesn't make it right.

Carkner was as premeditated an assault as there could be and he's getting lauded by the team, and made to look better by Shanahan. It's ********.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:06 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Players get tangled up all the time. A slewfoot? ****** is right...
Yep, a slewfoot. Nice deflection on Phillip's elbow, too. Maybe if Cally's head was also made out of glass then this whole scenario is different.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:06 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by varanger94 View Post
Shanahan said that he believed Ottawa was being honest with Alfredssons condition. Hey Shanny I got a good used car for you. Maybe your friendship with McClean made you believe them so much.
He said he only fined Weber the 2500 because he called Detroit and they were not interested in making a big deal about the infraction.

I guess the Sens have to grasp at whatever they can. Rangers will simply have to to be the better team on the ice and the scoreboard the next 3 games.

Lets hope Krieder has an amazing few games. It would be a fun way to rise over the adversity and find some justice.

04-16-2012, 11:07 AM
varanger94

Quote:

Would you have a problem with Scott coming out and pummeling Foligno?

Old
04-16-2012, 11:13 AM
corksens

Report what? You don't want to talk about what happened?

I'm doing nothing wrong.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:13 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
I have little to no problem with Carkner coming out in game two and letting Boyle know that it won't happen again.
This is where you are wrong. You have not been paying attention to the Rangers this year. Boyle is the least of your problems now. Fools

Old
04-16-2012, 11:14 AM
corksens

Quote:
Originally Posted by varanger94 View Post
Would you have a problem with Scott coming out and pummeling Foligno?
If Scott came out and pummeled Neil because Neil went after Richards in game one then no, I would not have a problem with it. And I would expect Scott to get a 1-gamer.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:15 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

New development: Zipay is reporting Shanny may amend his ruling if Alfie plays tonight...

oh boy

I got to hand it to Boomer and Craig this morning for calling Shanny out. I think for once Cartons dis interest in hockey was actually a good thing. He called out Shanny, he called out Bettman, he called out the NHL, he called out Alfie. Shanny had no real good answers. Just that the rulings are part of an "evolving" thing...

Closed Thread