HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Crosby's Glove Pushing

Old
04-16-2012, 10:10 AM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

vCash: 500
Crosby's Glove Pushing

I'm sorry, but I just saw his interview on it...he said something along the lines of "I pushed his glove because I don't like him" and he sounded like he was trying to be all tough and manly about it. I created this thread just because this is all that popped in my head...

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:13 AM
ELab2

The way he repeated "I don't like him, I don't like any of them" and when a reporter said that he could of just skated away he says "Well I didn't this time." He came off like a child. It was really pathetic to look at.

That said, I really didn't have any problem with pushing the glove away. Of course that's a silly, immature thing to do, but I think it plainly had a purpose. He's doing whatever he can to try and get the Flyers off their game and get his team back revved up. Of all the things that happened yesterday that bothered me the least by far.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Brostradamus
LegionOfDoom Reunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
I'm sorry, but I just saw his interview on it...he said something along the lines of "I pushed his glove because I don't like him" and he sounded like he was trying to be all tough and manly about it. I created this thread just because this is all that popped in my head...
I actually thought of the exact same thing when I heard the post game interview

Brostradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:15 AM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
The way he repeated "I don't like him, I don't like any of them" and when a reporter said that he could of just skated away he says "Well I didn't this time." He came off like a child. It was really pathetic to look at.

That said, I really didn't have any problem with pushing the glove away. Of course that's a silly, immature thing to do, but I think it plainly had a purpose. He's doing whatever he can to try and get the Flyers off their game and get his team back revved up. Of all the things that happened yesterday that bothered me the least by far.
Oh please haha, out of all of the things that was the least offensive, I thought it was kind of funny! But yea he just seemed like a child...and trying to be tough, sigh, didn't work. Hilarious. My purpose of this was him trying to seem badass about a childish, and humorous, action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionofDoom627 View Post
I actually thought of the exact same thing when I heard the post game interview
High fives for all!

Old
04-16-2012, 10:16 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

The action of pushing the glove itself wasn't really a big deal in the grand scheme. Things like that happen in the playoffs. If it was all he did, it wouldn't be bloody murder, it was everything after it.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:17 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

I agree it was petty and childish. That is not leadership at all. He didn't do himself any favors at all with his juvenile antic and comments.

I saw this on the Business Insider and I totally agree about Crosby..I also think Shanahan has to start handing out more suspensions against stars that engage in vigilantism (i.e. Neal) not just protect stars from it. I mean what kind of league is this...is it a class based league? Sure seems like it....

Quote:
Even the sport's best player, Sidney Crosby, forgot his talent in Game 3 against the Flyers, and became hell-bent on "settling scores" rather than, you know, scoring.

Look, violence is an inherent and essential part of the game. It's engrained in the traditions of the sport, and is a huge part of the NHL brand at this point. You could even argue that allowing players to "handle their business" on the ice helps avoid further violence.

But when the economy of violence between teams becomes such a huge part of the game, it hurts the integrity of the sport. When players like Crosby are more concerned about standing up for themselves than about winning a vital road playoff game, things have gotten out of hand.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/nhl-p...#ixzz1sDVXpLT9

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:17 AM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
The action of pushing the glove itself wasn't really a big deal in the grand scheme. Things like that happen in the playoffs.
No I know, that was harmless, it's him bragging about it like he's tough as nails that makes it hilarious. I thought the action itself was great lol.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:18 AM
Unstable

I missed this live...seeing the video is hilarious. It was so unnecessary - he didn't even need to "skate away" he could have just STOOD THERE.

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:21 AM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
No I know, that was harmless, it's him bragging about it like he's tough as nails that makes it hilarious. I thought the action itself was great lol.
This is how I feel about it. I actually thought it was funny, and something Pronger would've done. Crosby's comments just add to the hilarity.

"Yeah, you're up 3 games to none on us? Well, I pushed your glove away so there!"

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:25 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

"what was I supposed to do?"

how about not push it away?

I remember that **** happening when I was 15.

Actually on realted note, I remember my buddy's jock falling out on the ice during a game. then a bunch of us from both teams started smacking it around playing keep away to the point where the ref started to laugh.

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:26 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
This is how I feel about it. I actually thought it was funny, and something Pronger would've done. Crosby's comments just add to the hilarity.

"Yeah, you're up 3 games to none on us? Well, I pushed your glove away so there!"
Pronger can steal pucks and engage in these types of antics b/c he can back them up. Crosby just continues to make himself look like a kid and weasely....

Old
04-16-2012, 10:30 AM
Viller

Its truely is a beautiful thing to see, I dont think its possible to get under the guy's skin anymore than the Flyers are.

And him *****ing like a kid in the media just gives them more ammo for next game... It aint gonna be pretty.

What meat heads are gonna replace Asham and Neal?

Viller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:37 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viller View Post
Its truely is a beautiful thing to see, I dont think its possible to get under the guy's skin anymore than the Flyers are.

And him *****ing like a kid in the media just gives them more ammo for next game... It aint gonna be pretty.

What meat heads are gonna replace Asham and Neal?
heard Lemieux and Francis are coming out of retirement

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:52 AM
TheGeneral

stupid cindy crysby! He looked like he was about to cry that entire video haha.

Fans of his can say what they want about him, but I'm 100% sure he's the worst captain in the league if nothing else (maybe phaneuf at 2nd) No composure, lets the team come unwrapped etc..

Go Flyers! (unless you face Ottawa in future rounds)

TheGeneral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:57 AM
mja
Negative Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Pronger can steal pucks and engage in these types of antics b/c he can back them up. Crosby just continues to make himself look like a kid and weasely....
It isn't even that. If Pronger does something like that, he has a big ****-eating grin on his face. He's being an *******, but he's openly being an ******* and enjoying it.

Crosby is just doing it because he's a petulant brat who can't handle that things aren't going his way.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:02 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
It isn't even that. If Pronger does something like that, he has a big ****-eating grin on his face. He's being an *******, but he's openly being an ******* and enjoying it.

Crosby is just doing it because he's a petulant brat who can't handle that things aren't going his way.
It is clear that Crosby experienced way too much validation in his life. He needed to grow up back in the day when we would play kill the man in gym no less and I went to Catholic grade school.

No PC coddling like today where teachers are not allowed to use red ink. Nothing is as humbling as a red kickball in the face or head with that pinging sound. Crosby was probably the type of kid that would cry and tell on everybody...

Old
04-16-2012, 11:24 AM
BernieTheGreat1
Sharp, Pointy Teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
This. If one of our guys had knocked Crosby's glove away I would have thought it was funny. Because they would back it up afterwards. When you go out and whine about things all the time and act like a baby you can't go out starting **** and not back it up. Unbelievable that with all he's gone through in the two years he hasn't learned a g****mn thing.

BernieTheGreat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:32 AM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieTheGreat1 View Post
This. If one of our guys had knocked Crosby's glove away I would have thought it was funny. Because they would back it up afterwards. When you go out and whine about things all the time and act like a baby you can't go out starting **** and not back it up. Unbelievable that with all he's gone through in the two years he hasn't learned a g****mn thing.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think he was "cool" to have done it. I think it was funny because of how childish it is, and his comments only prove it.

It's like watching my 2 yr old have a tantrum because Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is over.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:37 AM
philly_28
Valar Morghulis

Wow, that post-game interview of him is cringe-worthy.

I have no problem with the glove-pushing, but he sounds like a 12-year old in that interview, a very immature 12-year old.

"I don't like them because I don't like them. blah blah."

philly_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:38 AM
phlocky

I have absolutely no problem with him pushing away the glove nor his comments. Come playoff time you WANT your players to have that kind of animocity towards the other team. If I'd love it if one of my players did it to them them I certainly won't sit here and be a hypocrate and call them childish.

As for his comments, unfortunately he lost his composure and spoke how he truly felt where he SHOULD have maintained his composure, been a little more "PC" and acted like a captain leading how his team will respond in game 4. Unfortunately for him he showed that the Flyers ARE in his head and that HE is taking it personal. With that kind of mentality they have little change in winning game 4 let alone come all the way back & win the series. It's almost like he's given up and is just looking for his pound of flesh. I would expect more from the best player in the world.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:42 AM
zorz

I get why people don't like that interview. I don't like it too. But people are saying it's immature... I have to ask, what's wrong about being immature? I think people are just too mature at times. Just a thought.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:45 AM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

I stand by the fact that I have no problem with anything that happened regarding the glove, including the interviews afterwards. My ONLY point is that he was trying to look like a badass and failed, miserably.

And are teachers really not allowed to use red ink anymore?

Old
04-16-2012, 11:47 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
I get why people don't like that interview. I don't like it too. But people are saying it's immature... I have to ask, what's wrong about being immature? I think people are just too mature at times. Just a thought.
Nothing but in certain contexts it is especially in his case when he's supposed to be a leader and he's being petulant. Obviously he's human but he isn't exactly the poster child for stoicism ...more like the poster child for Gerber...

Old
04-16-2012, 11:48 AM
KarlSen

First he pushes the glove, that ignited another fight, then he grabs Hartnell from behind and instead of just tying him up to keep him occupied yanks his head backward, which was weird, and results in another fight when Hartnell turns to smuch him and Adams comes in.

You have to wonder, how the heck did he not get at least a 2 minute unsportmanlike and are the Pens getting tired of going to battle for this kind of chintzy crud. Rinaldo getting the only unsportmanlike penalty and the Pens getting a PP was ridiculous. Crosby should have been sent to corner for a much longer time-out.

KarlSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:49 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
And are teachers really not allowed to use red ink anymore?
This movement was started by Crosby's parents apparently...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...lchildren.html