HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

ECQF: Game 3: Boston Bruins @ Washington Capitals. 4/16/12. Verizon Center. 7:30PM.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-16-2012, 10:47 AM
  #101
Capitlols
Registered User
 
Capitlols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 442 View Post
My seats are 3 rows behind the net we shoot on twice.

Anyone want to conjure up a funny photoshopped image I could print at a Kinkos to hold up.

It's gotta be Obama / Thomas related tho.

Thoughts? Volunteers?
I'd keep it simple and take a "Fire GMGM" poster.

Capitlols is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 10:48 AM
  #102
SameOld
Registered User
 
SameOld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 442 View Post
I might buy this, but its not sold in stores.
If you go to Russian Machine they have a paper mask you can print out.

SameOld is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 10:50 AM
  #103
Mothra
Registered User
 
Mothra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 7,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
why the rant? Not sure there is a lot of *****ing going on here.....or maybe I just dont see it anymore
because pining for names from yesteryear is the thing to do it seems......

cant go a page without seeing "BB did/didnt do this/that" so I figured I would join in on the fun

Mothra is online now  
Old
04-16-2012, 10:55 AM
  #104
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegger View Post
Yeah I think thats the only reason why MP is not getting time on the 1st line. Chara v. MP would be huge mismatch. He's already on his butt enough as it is....

Im a MP fan, but he's fine where he's at.
From what I've seen I can see Chara scrambling hard and being forced to slash/hook away to defend him. Chara's not exactly all that agile and pinning a shifty as hell small guy can be an absolute nightmare, as anyone who has played hockey can attest. Seidenberg is the one who'd be more successful against him. If anything I'd want Perreault on Chara and Ovechkin on Seidenberg.

Though I'm not all that sold on Perreault's defense, and Brouwer's being good enough to cover it if something goes wrong.

Halpysback is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 10:57 AM
  #105
swimmer77
What's an ROW?
 
swimmer77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: in water
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOld View Post
If you go to Russian Machine they have a paper mask you can print out.
They definitely have some. Would love to see the "Hope You Get Pulled" come to fuitition. And that would require another of some sort "Have a Nice Trip" with an image of TT stumbling down the chute.

swimmer77 is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 10:58 AM
  #106
Ridley Simon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 5,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothra View Post
because pining for names from yesteryear is the thing to do it seems......

cant go a page without seeing "BB did/didnt do this/that" so I figured I would join in on the fun
well, then we need Feds. He scored so many game winners for us. Oh and dont forget Brendan Witt, the guy was a beast in the Loffs.

and you conveniently side-stepped Bruce Cassidy. That guy was money

Ridley Simon is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 10:58 AM
  #107
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
So that's where Halpern went!
well...last season i had 14 on the car and he got traded. someone else wanted 14 and i moved to 15 and jeff never gets to play. i dont know

txpd is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 10:58 AM
  #108
Grudy0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 1,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegger View Post
Yeah I think thats the only reason why MP is not getting time on the 1st line. Chara v. MP would be huge mismatch. He's already on his butt enough as it is....

Im a MP fan, but he's fine where he's at.
I don't know. I still find that hat trick against Raask important. MP85 had to be first line center that night with Ovechkin, Backstrom and Green out.

I think it's great that MP85 gets moved to the third line. I just think he and Semin have a bit of chemistry. For line matching, I'd still put Backstrom with Ovechkin. Let Seidenberg and Chara try to dominate both of them. And if Krejci's line needs to be matched up against Semin and MP85, so be it.

Grudy0 is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 11:00 AM
  #109
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,162
vCash: 500
geez....you would never guess that the caps split on the road in a playoff series against a higher seeded team. fire gmgm signs? do you guys know how to have fun anymore or is this what you call fun?

txpd is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 11:01 AM
  #110
HSHS
Losing is a disease
 
HSHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 17,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
The Same Ovechkin who has what....1 goal in 15 matchups with Chara?
Sure so let's keep doin the same things that's failed for 20x!

All of those times were regular season, not the constant matchup grind of playoffs. We are deeper in are first two lines than Boston is on their first two pair... As long as the current matchups hold.

HSHS is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 11:03 AM
  #111
Capitlols
Registered User
 
Capitlols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
well...last season i had 14 on the car and he got traded. someone else wanted 14 and i moved to 15 and jeff never gets to play. i dont know
Can you go with #23?

Capitlols is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 11:03 AM
  #112
Mothra
Registered User
 
Mothra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 7,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
From what I've seen I can see Chara scrambling hard and being forced to slash/hook away to defend him. Chara's not exactly all that agile and pinning a shifty as hell small guy can be an absolute nightmare, as anyone who has played hockey can attest. Seidenberg is the one who'd be more successful against him. If anything I'd want Perreault on Chara and Ovechkin on Seidenberg.

Though I'm not all that sold on Perreault's defense, and Brouwer's being good enough to cover it if something goes wrong.
This is a general statement but I see people say things like this often....."if player X isnt that good defense player Y can cover"

In general....thats nonsense and doesnt work. More often than not you take a man and cover him.....if you cant cover him, he is open to some degree. How exactly does one cover for a forward who cant handle his man?

again...im not saying 85 cant handle something.....this is just a general comment.

Mothra is online now  
Old
04-16-2012, 11:05 AM
  #113
Mothra
Registered User
 
Mothra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 7,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
well, then we need Feds. He scored so many game winners for us. Oh and dont forget Brendan Witt, the guy was a beast in the Loffs.

and you conveniently side-stepped Bruce Cassidy. That guy was money
I didnt forget Butch.....its just we arent dressing Calle so there is no need to have someone bench him

and Dino....dress #22! We need clutch goals

Mothra is online now  
Old
04-16-2012, 11:06 AM
  #114
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 14,492
vCash: 500
I'm kind of screwed here guys. I've worn a beard for about a year now. I didn't trim it before the playoffs and I'm starting to look like a hobo. I can't trim this thing, can I?

BrooklynCapsFan is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 11:07 AM
  #115
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!
 
brs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 12,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothra View Post
This is a general statement but I see people say things like this often....."if player X isnt that good defense player Y can cover"

In general....thats nonsense and doesnt work. More often than not you take a man and cover him.....if you cant cover him, he is open to some degree. How exactly does one cover for a forward who cant handle his man?

again...im not saying 85 cant handle something.....this is just a general comment.
It might be valid for a zone system, since an above average defensive player can cover a larger zone to make up for a below average one, but man to man? Not much else there unless you're very good at anticipating the play and recognizing that your man is out of it and won't be brought back into it any time soon, allowing you to move on.

brs03 is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 11:07 AM
  #116
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.
 
Vladiator16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzilla View Post
Chara (and even Seidenburg) looked exhausted in game 2 toward the end of the 3rd. Shadowing OV for one game is tough enough, but it will be interesting to see the additive effect of absorbing an OV pound-fest 3-4-5-6-7 games in a row. I think OV noticeably wears him down starting tonight..
Same thing happend to Rangers top pairing. Hopefully we can eke out same result.

Vladiator16 is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 11:09 AM
  #117
Ridley Simon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 5,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
I'm kind of screwed here guys. I've worn a beard for about a year now. I didn't trim it before the playoffs and I'm starting to look like a hobo. I can't trim this thing, can I?
Sure you can. Just cant get rid of it.

That said, if you trim it, and the Caps lose?

Well, then it ALL YOUR DAMN FAULT.

So, you decide?

Ridley Simon is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 11:10 AM
  #118
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothra View Post
This is a general statement but I see people say things like this often....."if player X isnt that good defense player Y can cover"

In general....thats nonsense and doesnt work. More often than not you take a man and cover him.....if you cant cover him, he is open to some degree. How exactly does one cover for a forward who cant handle his man?

again...im not saying 85 cant handle something.....this is just a general comment.
You see centers bailing out defensively suspect wingers numerous times. Toews on Kane is the best example. A lot of it is anticipating when your man is about to blow it. Wingers covering up for centers is way more rare, aside from Jere Lehtonen and Daniel Alfredsson I can't think of one I've consistently seen doing it.

But generally you are right, which is why most teams have lines where either everyone can take care of their own end or the line is just an offensive and possession power house like Hartnell-Briere-Leino

Halpysback is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 11:29 AM
  #119
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Caps/Avs/Bills fan
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,153
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
I'm kind of screwed here guys. I've worn a beard for about a year now. I didn't trim it before the playoffs and I'm starting to look like a hobo. I can't trim this thing, can I?
Nope. I'm Asian and hence have the worst beard in the universe (yes, even worse than Crosby's) but I can't shave it either (not even possible to trim my beard because it's so crappy).

ChibiPooky is online now  
Old
04-16-2012, 11:36 AM
  #120
doubleminor138
Call me Snake
 
doubleminor138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northeast
Country: United States
Posts: 14,398
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOld View Post
Related but not: I will say that a lot of what's come out of Boston, both from B's fans and media, has been pleasantly surprising. A lot of people saying that they love Ovi and his style of play, would love him on the Bruins. One article even went as far as to call him a "lunch-pail superstar". It's practically effusive. After months of nothing but negative media, it's kind of nice. Nothing about poor leadership, hard partying, no comparisons to Crosby...
There's still that contingent of fans who say they "don't like Ovie" but...it always rings hollow. He's got ridiculous skill and drive and his physical play is awesome.

The Caps are playing stifling, collapsing D. Its a great way to negate the Bruins, because they haven't seemed to want to battle in the slot at all. Its all about the points and the boards.

Anyway, just wanted to say that this series seems pretty damned civil as compared to much of the other craziness going on in the NHL. And its been fun to watch. I'll just close up my comment by saying that I hope the series stays "relatively" civil and nobody gets seriously hurt.

May the best team win. Carry on.

__________________
Terry Tomasi / Backin72

A true fan who will always be remembered.
doubleminor138 is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 11:37 AM
  #121
Mothra
Registered User
 
Mothra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 7,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
You see centers bailing out defensively suspect wingers numerous times. Toews on Kane is the best example. A lot of it is anticipating when your man is about to blow it. Wingers covering up for centers is way more rare, aside from Jere Lehtonen and Daniel Alfredsson I can't think of one I've consistently seen doing it.

But generally you are right, which is why most teams have lines where either everyone can take care of their own end or the line is just an offensive and possession power house like Hartnell-Briere-Leino
Again, generally speaking......

Goals get scored off of breakdowns and teams running around in the zone. Coaches, almost as a rule want you to take a man and stick with him when you get running around......players aren't covering up in those spots and it's a big reason players, no matter how good they are with the puck, don't make it to the NHL without being at least ok at it

Mothra is online now  
Old
04-16-2012, 11:43 AM
  #122
Devil Dancer
Registered User
 
Devil Dancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 11,859
vCash: 500
Not sure if I approve of the flashy GDT.

Devil Dancer is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 12:07 PM
  #123
442
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,388
vCash: 500
Anyone have this in a 24x36 size?

http://www.cornerkicked.com/obamaThomas.jpg

Kinko's said if I want to print it, the file itself has to be the same as the desired print size.

442 is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 12:08 PM
  #124
drewwegand
Registered User
 
drewwegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
What does everyone think of a

Sasha/Nicky/MP line?

would that not create alot of offensive chances or cause Julien to play the big line on them?

drewwegand is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 12:12 PM
  #125
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
Can you go with #23?
thats funny. i actually choose my number based my what i like and what is available.
my number is 14. someone with more seniority and i had been sharing 14 because i was only racing part time. its full season for me this year and i moved to 15.

if i chose a number based on my caps interest alone, i would choose 90. 90 isnt a good racing number, though and i will always use 14 15 or 16

txpd is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.