HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

WCQF Gm#3 KINGS vs CANUCKS, 4/15/12 KINGS WIN 1-0, Lead Series 3-0 !!!

Old
04-16-2012, 10:41 AM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

vCash: 500
As we get closer to Game 4, the more nervous I get. We're not psychologically destroying the Canucks the way the Flyers are doing it to the Pens. We need Jeff Carter to step up badly.

Vamos Rafa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:43 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Winner! Winner!

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:47 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlovenian View Post
They were not playing good, especially the defense was bad. Matjaž Kopitar was not really pleased after the game. Today we play against Japan and I expect much better game. Go Kings! Go Slovenia!
I've been following Sabolic and Jelic(??) (Playing for Sodertalje in Sweden) how were they doing? and the defender Gorenc? I can recall their namnes at the moment. pamet!

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Buddy I am sure you have some great stories from last night

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:56 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Buddy I am sure you have some great stories from last night
You mean when I tipped the cop car over? Then I lit a Vancouver fan's hotel room on fire and ran off with his girlfriend.

I was actually pretty mellow. This was a looooong weekend for me. Saturday was my first trip to the Grand Prix in Long Beach and a friend hooked us up with Pit Passes where there is an open bar.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:57 AM
Kingurentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post

All that talk about Brown being a bad captain or whatever is dead and buried. If anyone could ever earn their status as not just a captain but a legend for this franchise, it is the way this guy has played in these games. He's a playoff warrior.
I was never one to have high praise for Brown. But I am gladly eating crow on that one.

What happened to Lokti? Hurt? (If so, kid has got to do some strength conditioning during the off-season)

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:58 AM
maahchand10

Whats up guys Bruins fan here and always have been a Kings fan second. Pleeeeeaseee keep this up!! I picked you all to go to the finals, spanking the Nucks is second best though!

THANK YOU

maahchand10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:59 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
As we get closer to Game 4, the more nervous I get. We're not psychologically destroying the Canucks the way the Flyers are doing it to the Pens. We need Jeff Carter to step up badly.
I don't agree with that. The Canucks have 4 goals in 3 games. They feel that they have outplayed the Kings in the last 2 games and have 2 goals and 0 wins and haven't lead in the series since game 1's 1st period.

Canucks are talking a big game, but Quick and the Kings defense have to be in their heads.

Canucks have played well and are down 3-0. Pittsburgh has played like **** and they know they deserve to be down 3-0.

Last edited by Sydor25: 04-16-2012 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Terrible at math
Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingurentai View Post
I was never one to have high praise for Brown. But I am gladly eating crow on that one.

What happened to Lokti? Hurt? (If so, kid has got to do some strength conditioning during the off-season)
Took a shot off the foot/leg and limped to the bench. Don't think any strength training will help.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Kingurentai

Oh ok then. Missed that.

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:02 AM
TheSlovenian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
I've been following Sabolic and Jelic(??) (Playing for Sodertalje in Sweden) how were they doing? and the defender Gorenc? I can recall their namnes at the moment. pamet!
Jeglič scored the first goal. Sabolič had the asist for that goal. You mean Blaž Gregorc? I didn't really notice him. Here are the highlights.

Last edited by TheSlovenian: 04-16-2012 at 11:09 AM.
TheSlovenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:08 AM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Oy Carter. I wanted him to prove me wrong so bad. I guess he still has time, but he looks awful out there.

Other than that, **** ya! The postgame mob behind O'neal and Penner was incredible, other than the USA chants. I hate that so much.

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
Oy Carter. I wanted him to prove me wrong so bad. I guess he still has time, but he looks awful out there.

Other than that, **** ya! The postgame mob behind O'neal and Penner was incredible, other than the USA chants. I hate that so much.
Carter isn't skating the same. Give him time to heal, hopefully the Kings will sweep and he will get a week off.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
If you are who I think you are ..where the **** have you been???
I am exactly who you think I am, I have been lurking for a couple years. But, being on the east coast has made it very difficult to keep up with you misfits.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:14 AM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Cansucks fans are calling for a rebuild. Pretty funny. Its great to see this team win this type of a game. Helps that we've had to do it all year. Here's to the SWEEP!

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I don't agree with that. The Canucks have 5 goals in 3 games. They feel that they have outplayed the Kings in the last 2 games and have 3 goals and 0 wins and haven't lead in the series since game 1's 1st period.

Canucks are talking a big game, but Quick and the Kings defense have to be in their heads.

Canucks have played well and are down 3-0. Pittsburgh has played like **** and they know they deserve to be down 3-0.
Yea. This has to be eating at Vancouver. By all rights they have played well enough, ****, better then us in 2 of the 3 games and have NOTHING to show for it.

They are one game away from being the first Presidents trophy winning team to be swept in the first round.

They exist in a hockey market that is so rabid they burn their own city down and call out everyone on the team for a trade if they lose...

If they aren't gripping the sticks harder then we are they aren't human beings.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:18 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
No I'm pretty sure he's still injured. I can just tell by watching him that he is physically unable to do certain things.

Hopefully we can win the series Wednesday so he gets more time to heal up.
He looks slow to me but last night he was hitting people, something he rarely does. He's also been great on the pk along with everyone else. Hopefully he'll get better for the next round. A week off would be a huge help.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:21 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

I had a dream last night that the Kings were up 3-0 in the series against the Canucks.

Then I woke up and it was true. Feels good to be a Kings fan today!

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:22 AM
yankeeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
I am exactly who you think I am, I have been lurking for a couple years. But, being on the east coast has made it very difficult to keep up with you misfits.
Welcome back brother, all those discussions and looking forward to the draft have changed some lol ,can you believe it,

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I'm just curious if people are offended when fans of Canadian teams bring Canadian flags to games. I've seen it before on more than one occasion. I don't think people are going Team America with the chant. I think it is more of a joke than anything.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:28 AM
HawksFan37

I believe you guys were looking for that GIF?

Job well done so far by the Kings. Although I'm starting to get a little worried about facing this Kings team somewhere down the line with the way LA is playing (both LA and the Hawks still need to get past Round 1), I'm definitely enjoying what you guys are doing to Vancouver. Good luck in Game 4!

HawksFan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:29 AM
yankeeking

haven't had time to read thru thread so I might be reapeting this but last nights crowd IMO was as nervous as the team in the first two periods thank to quickie for being there to we all got going, and props to all that I saw on the way out for not hitting any of those arrogant arses in green/blue stilling trying to talk crap ,one group was taking pictures in the lobby like they were up ,I offered to take a group picture for them if they would all flop for me but they didn't see the humor as much as I did

Old
04-16-2012, 11:32 AM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Carter isn't skating the same. Give him time to heal, hopefully the Kings will sweep and he will get a week off.
I'm trying to. The fact that we're winning makes it easier; I know if the series was going differently I would be losing my mind. Especially since Flyers fans and my own eyes through the years told me he sucks in the playoffs, even if playing through injuries is contributes to it.

But as long as we keep winning, it's all good. Hopefully he heals and he brings something to the table when we need him.

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:33 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
So sad that Bob Miller won't be able to call game 4. People should be tweeting the lakings twitter account to petition them to get it on the air somewhere.
What's even sadder, is if that Kings do win game 4, Bob has done his last Kings game this year, regardless of how far we go.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:36 AM
yankeeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan37 View Post

I believe you guys were looking for that GIF?

Job well done so far by the Kings. Although I'm starting to get a little worried about facing this Kings team somewhere down the line with the way LA is playing (both LA and the Hawks still need to get past Round 1), I'm definitely enjoying what you guys are doing to Vancouver. Good luck in Game 4!
thats crazy, have lost what little respect I had for the guy even if he is on team USA again, hopefully he gets to play for them this year,maybe as soon as next week