HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My Girouxsalem Design

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-16-2012, 11:35 AM
  #1
John Wayne Gretzky
Registered User
 
John Wayne Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,085
vCash: 500
My Girouxsalem Design

Last year sometime I created a T-Shirt / Logo and The NHLPA shut my site down. A year later someone has taken my design and its been all over the internet and I am getting pissed because I am getting no credit.

My T Shirt Design


The resued Design


I just want credit and recognition, thats all. If someone starts to profit off of it I'll be pretty pissed. Regardless I just wanted to get some feedback to see if anyone else has seen it around on the web.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:37 AM
  #2
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
Last year sometime I created a T-Shirt / Logo and The NHLPA shut my site down. A year later someone has taken my design and its been all over the internet and I am getting pissed because I am getting no credit.

My T Shirt Design


The resued Design


I just want credit and recognition, thats all. If someone starts to profit off of it I'll be pretty pissed. Regardless I just wanted to get some feedback to see if anyone else has seen it around on the web.
I bought one of your original shirts. I actually emailed you (from the email address I had in my paypal log) because I wanted a few more. That sucks you got shut down and sucks even more people are stealing it.

If you ever sell them again, PM me. I have about 4 on order.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:53 AM
  #3
orangecrush8
Registered User
 
orangecrush8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,100
vCash: 500
Funny, I'm currently wearing the Girouxsalem shirt I bought off you.

Glad I was able to purchase one before you got taken down by the man.

I havent seen it anywhere, but that totally blows your idea is getting taken by others. Have you tried to get in touch with any of the people selling the new design?

orangecrush8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:55 AM
  #4
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus
 
JohnnyOnTheSpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,902
vCash: 500
No one's selling it yet that I know of, I just know a bunch of people are recycling it for their own promotions. Hell, I was the first to notify my pal here of the abuse.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:56 AM
  #5
John Wayne Gretzky
Registered User
 
John Wayne Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,085
vCash: 500
Im gonna do an order, Im just trying to get at least 20 people interested. Let me know if you want them and what size. mbutterlinegd@yahoo.com

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:26 PM
  #6
John Wayne Gretzky
Registered User
 
John Wayne Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,085
vCash: 500
darren rovell ‏ @darrenrovell
• Reply
• Retweet
• Favorite
• • Open
T-Shirt Of The Day from @SlimQuinn http://twitpic.com/9aamkb


Go on twitter and just search "girouxsalem" you will find many photo posts.

http://www.facebook.com/wired965philly

Look at how many likes my design got in a day.

Its absurd. I just want either $ or recognition lol.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:27 PM
  #7
John Wayne Gretzky
Registered User
 
John Wayne Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,085
vCash: 500
And thanks Johnyton. Give me some legal advice haha.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:28 PM
  #8
s3x
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
I saw someone at a home game earlier this year with 'GIROUXSALEM' on the back of their jersey. But no t-shirt design or anything.

s3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:33 PM
  #9
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus
 
JohnnyOnTheSpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
And thanks Johnyton. Give me some legal advice haha.
Well here's the dilly. When you buy something, you're allowed to re-sell it, wear it, stuff like that. You're not allowed to edit it without permission (I think), and definitely can't re-sell it. But the problem is, I'm not sure you have legal rights to the image since the NHLPA challenged it. I know they specifically mentioned selling the shirts, but they claimed ownership over all likenesses yada yada yada. So legally I'm pretty sure you're screwed.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:43 PM
  #10
John Wayne Gretzky
Registered User
 
John Wayne Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Well here's the dilly. When you buy something, you're allowed to re-sell it, wear it, stuff like that. You're not allowed to edit it without permission (I think), and definitely can't re-sell it. But the problem is, I'm not sure you have legal rights to the image since the NHLPA challenged it. I know they specifically mentioned selling the shirts, but they claimed ownership over all likenesses yada yada yada. So legally I'm pretty sure you're screwed.
They specified the Carter, Lapperierre and Boogaard shirts because I used their facial likeness. As far as I understand I didn't break any laws with this shirt and regardless the design is mine under intellectual property laws the moment I sketched the design. I have all post dated computer files and original sketches as proof.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:55 PM
  #11
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus
 
JohnnyOnTheSpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
They specified the Carter, Lapperierre and Boogaard shirts because I used their facial likeness. As far as I understand I didn't break any laws with this shirt and regardless the design is mine under intellectual property laws the moment I sketched the design. I have all post dated computer files and original sketches as proof.
You're missing the point. I read the letter, they claimed all likenesses, names, even nicknames you create. I'm not saying their theory isn't BS, I'm saying that under IP laws, you can't defend an image you created you're not allowed to create.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:40 PM
  #12
Cyborg LeClair
14 28 10 16
 
Cyborg LeClair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 983
vCash: 400
I saw someone post the second picture on facebook and i really liked it, even saved it to my hard drive. Shame you got shut down

Cyborg LeClair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:58 PM
  #13
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
Im gonna do an order, Im just trying to get at least 20 people interested. Let me know if you want them and what size. mbutterlinegd@yahoo.com
Are you doing the original design or the playoff one? (I actually like the original one better)

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 04:02 PM
  #14
John Wayne Gretzky
Registered User
 
John Wayne Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Are you doing the original design or the playoff one? (I actually like the original one better)
The original. The other one is just an example of what people have been posting.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 04:09 PM
  #15
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus
 
JohnnyOnTheSpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,902
vCash: 500
Mark if you don't like my advice feel free to speak with another lawyer lol, I should have told you to get represented by counsel anyway!

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 04:41 PM
  #16
Mosetter27
Registered User
 
Mosetter27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 927
vCash: 500
dude everyone always asks where I got that shirt mark. even ask johnny at C&P when we were there some dude asked where I got it...

also johnny why isnt your awesome avatar not working!

Mosetter27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 07:21 PM
  #17
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 110,567
vCash: 5888
I saw a poster of this at the game yesterday. I figured it was the same thing.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:28 PM
  #18
John Wayne Gretzky
Registered User
 
John Wayne Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I saw a poster of this at the game yesterday. I figured it was the same thing.
Yea it was just someone using my work again.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:59 PM
  #19
thephillyflu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 231
vCash: 500
I wouldn't mind sticking it to the man and buying one. You can sell underground via mail, can't you? It's not like the police will bother for selling 25 t-shirts using a picture of Giroux as motif. It's not illegal to take a picture of him at a game with your camera. And that picture itself you can do what you want with, YOU're the copyright owner of that picture - make a sketch of it and put it on a shirt, put the original on a shirt, you name it. Sure NHLPA might try to shut you down but if it went to a court you'd win, 99 % barring you having a useless lawyer or they having OJ's lawyer.

What you can't do is use the NHL logo, flyers logo and stuff like that. That trial you'd lose.

thephillyflu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 03:12 AM
  #20
TyrannoMeszarosRex
Humanoid
 
TyrannoMeszarosRex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kuwait
Country: Scotland
Posts: 289
vCash: 500
Woah man, I've seen those all over facebook. I redesigned as a facebook cover but I didn't know who to give credit for, but I did state the design wasn't in anyway mine or anything. I'll keep a look around for anyone trying to sell them or something.

TyrannoMeszarosRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 06:43 AM
  #21
John Wayne Gretzky
Registered User
 
John Wayne Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJagr View Post
Woah man, I've seen those all over facebook. I redesigned as a facebook cover but I didn't know who to give credit for, but I did state the design wasn't in anyway mine or anything. I'll keep a look around for anyone trying to sell them or something.
Do me a favor sir, Post this on your wall

http://www.facebook.com/events/281921615224723/

Then add me and share the post about purchasing the shirt.

http://www.facebook.com/mbutterline

It should be a few down on the right side of my timeline. Thanks man.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 08:10 AM
  #22
TyrannoMeszarosRex
Humanoid
 
TyrannoMeszarosRex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kuwait
Country: Scotland
Posts: 289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
Do me a favor sir, Post this on your wall

http://www.facebook.com/events/281921615224723/

Then add me and share the post about purchasing the shirt.

http://www.facebook.com/mbutterline

It should be a few down on the right side of my timeline. Thanks man.
I've got two pages that I run, I will post the event on both. And I don't understand the second part? I mean the add and share (Sorry slow day)

TyrannoMeszarosRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 09:04 AM
  #23
John Wayne Gretzky
Registered User
 
John Wayne Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJagr View Post
I've got two pages that I run, I will post the event on both. And I don't understand the second part? I mean the add and share (Sorry slow day)
I meant add me as your friend and then go on my page and share my post regarding the shirts, if you can of course.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.