HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hagelin Out Alfie In Shanny Fail

Old
04-16-2012, 01:27 PM
corksens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
the difference is our captain is a man and didn't fake an injury for effect. Similar plays. Could have been called exactly the same but wasn't. Three playoff games is a ridiculous penalty for that hit on a guy who is not even injured. Nonsense.
Fake an injury? He left the game...

corksens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:30 PM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
the difference is our captain is a man and didn't fake an injury for effect. Similar plays. Could have been called exactly the same but wasn't. Three playoff games is a ridiculous penalty for that hit on a guy who is not even injured. Nonsense.
Come on now. No way Alfie faked the injury.

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:30 PM
tlallstar6

Quote:
Originally Posted by corksens View Post
The crowd barely reacts. The player is fine. No elbow.

2 minute penalty was deserved.
if crowd reaction had any impact on calls the montreal canadiens and pittsburgh penguins would have a powerplay for 60 minutes a game

tlallstar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubkov21 View Post
Come on now. No way Alfie faked the injury.
I agree. No way he's faking an injury to leave the game when he's one of their top scorers. The notion that he faked is absurd.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Kane One

vCash: 1600
Quote:
I think he meant "fake an injury" as in make it seem like he would be out for this game.

04-16-2012, 01:33 PM
mug25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlallstar6 View Post
if crowd reaction had any impact on calls the montreal canadiens and pittsburgh penguins would have a powerplay for 60 minutes a game
Ummmmm, it's close to that already.

mug25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:34 PM
GAGLine

I don't know where anyone got the idea that Shanny might reduce the suspension if Alfie plays. I listened to the entire interview and he never said anything even remotely close to that. What he did say is that, while the injury was part of why Hagelin got 3 games, that he didn't make the decision based on how long he thought Alfie would be out.

And no, he wouldn't feel that ottowa conned him if Alfie plays tonight. He missed the rest of game 2 after the hit. Ottowa isn't going to sit him out of a game they very much needed to win just so they can cry wolf.

The only way it gets reduced is if the Rangers appeal before the game tonight, but I have a hard time believing that Bettman would overrule Shanny.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:37 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
EXCELLENT Article!

Brendan Shanahan Is Ruining The NHL

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/04/...ining-the-nhl/

Good article, especially pointing out carkner's history of committing the same exact act.
But I don't think it is fair to only blame Shanahan. Equal blame should go to his bosses and the entire NHL front office.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
I don't know where anyone got the idea that Shanny might reduce the suspension if Alfie plays. I listened to the entire interview and he never said anything even remotely close to that. What he did say is that, while the injury was part of why Hagelin got 3 games, that he didn't make the decision based on how long he thought Alfie would be out.

And no, he wouldn't feel that ottowa conned him if Alfie plays tonight. He missed the rest of game 2 after the hit. Ottowa isn't going to sit him out of a game they very much needed to win just so they can cry wolf.

The only way it gets reduced is if the Rangers appeal before the game tonight, but I have a hard time believing that Bettman would overrule Shanny.
They already said they weren't appealing

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:46 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I thought Carkner's sucker punch warranted 1 game.
the fact that it was premeditated, another game.
the fact that he is a repeat offender, another game.
3 game minimum. Actually, I'd give him another game for the 5 punches he laid down on a defenseless Boyle. The first two laid him out. Frankly, I thought the act was so egregious it warranted 10 games. Had flashbacks of Beuke getting punked by Matt Johnson. If Alfie is injured, in a just NHL, 3 is fair for Hags but it's total BS when you compare it to what other players are getting. It's still possible that Alfie is going to play injured tonight which would not reduce the severity of his actions (injured is injured).

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:47 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
I know, but until they drop the puck, they still have the option to do so.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:50 PM
pld459666

I wish I could voice an opinion of wishing injury on certain players.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:52 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
they probably also made that statement before the idiot started back stroking.

If there was any potential that the suspension could be reduced, I doubt the Rangers state they are not going to appeal.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Keep it clean, but we should definitely hit Alfredsson as hard as possible every chance we get.

Kreider time baby! Three years in the making. So excited!

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:03 PM
eco's bones

Question:

Shanahan's answer: 'blah, blah, blah'.

Another question:

Shanahan: 'blah, blah, blah'.

About what I got out of that interview with Boomer and Carton.

He had a golden opportunity to make a statement about premeditated assaults in the playoffs-and he ****ing failed just about as hard as he could. Not arguing Hagelin's suspension apart from the fact that he just let Weber off the hook for something that was definitely intentional. He doesn't believe he's inconsistent? Unreal.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:05 PM
sexton11

Sorry for the OT, but is the soonest MZA might be ready the 2nd round?

sexton11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:07 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I wish I could voice an opinion of wishing injury on certain players.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"

Abraham Lincoln

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:12 PM
alfstheman

Quote:
Easy for you to say now that Alfredsson is likely to play, Dubi was kicked out of the game and Hags got a three game suspension. Nah. Let's rip Karlsson's little head off his shoulders in a pre-meditated manner. That only gets you a one game suspension. I will be entertained if the little Swedish fairy is carted off. I wouldn't have said that before the series started. But after the antics the other night; I'm all for it. This is war.
Funny. you have every right to be mad at Shannahan and the officiating. (the dubinsky ejection was definatly uncalled for) But asking for retaliation on our star player because of Shannahan not calling suspensions to your favor is quite childish and the Boyle/Carkner incident was to discourage 6'7 players going after our star after the play (if it was someone of similar size messing with Karlsson I doubt we'd be in this situation) . I agree Carkner got off easy but I doubt we'd be playing him anyways, still he should have got a few more games imo.

alfstheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Trueblue30

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfstheman View Post
Funny. you have every right to be mad at Shannahan and the officiating. (the dubinsky ejection was definatly uncalled for) But asking for retaliation on our star player because of Shannahan not calling suspensions to your favor is quite childish and the Boyle/Carkner incident was to discourage 6'7 players going after our star after the play (if it was someone of similar size messing with Karlsson I doubt we'd be in this situation) . I agree Carkner got off easy but I doubt we'd be playing him anyways, still he should have got a few more games imo.
Why are sens fans so defensive of Karlsson he is not a 2 year old, stop screaming bloody murder everytime somebody touches him, its getting to be worse then crosby.

Trueblue30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:16 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
I am so ****ing sick of reading this ******** justification on our board. by this reasoning boyle can only go after chara.

gtfo

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:18 PM
sexton11

Karlsson took a few rabbit punches to the helmet... Wooo EEEE. It's not like he got *****.

sexton11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:20 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
You think that's childish? Funny, I think calling for Boyle's head after the equivalent of a face wash to Karlsson is childish. Somebody call the waaaambulance.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Aww...the little Princess Karlsson took a little facewash. Sens to the rescue!

Seriously, Princess Karlsson is supposed to be an adult man, right? He's not a 2-year old. Or I guess Brian Boyle, the big bad wolf, scared the little piggies.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:29 PM
alfstheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
I am so ****ing sick of reading this ******** justification on our board. by this reasoning boyle can only go after chara.

gtfo
Well he can hit Karlsson all he wants while the play is going, if he can catch him

If not then you go after him after the whistle what team isnt going to want to send a message? We arent Vancouver who is just going to stand there while letting our star player get punched in the head.

Like it or not that is the justification for Carkners actions, even though he went somewhat overboard.

alfstheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:32 PM
Trueblue30

Quote:
Well he can hit Karlsson all he wants while the play is going, if he can catch him

If not then you go after him after the whistle what team isnt going to want to send a message? We arent Vancouver who is just going to stand there while letting our star player get punched in the head.

Like it or not that is the justification for Carkners actions, even though he went somewhat overboard.
That would make sense if Karlsson actually got punched, but all he took was some tiny baby jabs that resembled facewashing more then punching, sens overreacted to a very minor incident and Carkner should have been suspended 3-5 games for a premeditated attack.

Trueblue30 is offline   Reply With Quote