HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Series Talk - WCQF - #4 Nashville Predators 4 vs #5 Detroit Red Wings 1

Old
04-15-2012, 02:23 PM
WingsFan734

vCash: 500
Good game today guys.

I'm so disgusted with my team I probably developed an aneurysm yelling all game. Take the puck wide, look for a pass back, and a Pred there to intercept. WHY keep doing that when it's clear the Preds have talked about it?

In my opinion, at this point, after 3 games, the Preds deserve to go on to round 2. They have size and speed, lack the skill compared to the wings, but for the playoffs that's ok. You can make up for skill with speed and hitting in the playoffs.

I am so frustrated with:
1. My team yet again doesn't start on time.
2. My team doesn't start playing as hard as they can until they get down in the game.
3. My team doesn't have the size and the speed to keep up...their skill bails them out but not enough.

I think we can all agree, the refereeing in this league is atrocious, and seems to worsen by the year. Whether we want to argue specific calls or not, I think we can all agree the refs are brutal. Its' a crapshoot.

Good game. I have a headache.

WingsFan734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:23 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Tootoo in was a questionable call, especially at the expense of Hustlechuk.
Hali hurt.

Smith on Tuesday please...

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:33 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

I'm okay with Tootoo being in though I'd rather see Wilson, but Halischuk should still be going. Let Yip be the scratch.

Not much else to say other than keep winning.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:41 PM
tserberis*

18 PP, 3 times 5:3 and only one goal.

When Trotz is gonna realize that he needs to change something? Obviously if you don't get to where you need going same way for 20 times, ****ing change the way you use...

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:50 PM
vandyfan84

I've come to realize Wings fans in this thread are more civil and levelheaded than the ones on the main board

vandyfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 03:17 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Klein had the game of his life I thought. I was really concerned that the Wings would expose our 2nd pair getting last change. Klein responded. He had a key hand in two of our goals and prevented a sure one from being score on us.

- On his goal, it wasn't just the move he made and sick shot upper corner. He activated from our OWN red line, and hustled all the way through our own zone full stride and by the time he was through the neutral zone he had too much momentum for Stuart to do anything with him. Klein was poised enough to shake off the last gasp hook and his speed made Howard have to honor the whole net, because Howard didn't have a chance to close the distance, and thus he was too far back in his own net. Sweet Sweet play.

- On the goal he prevented, it was a sheer hustle play to not give up on the play to save a sure goal that would have been in our net.

- On SK's goal, it was excellent rebound control to eliminate the second chance, and Klein had the patience and control to wait for his man to skate by, then turned and sprung Fisher on the rush.

Great game by Klein. He was my first star for sure, except for Rinne who was great as always.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 03:36 PM
CloakroomCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post

When Trotz is gonna realize that he needs to change something? Obviously if you don't get to where you need going same way for 20 times, ****ing change the way you use...
The first game the PP sucked, but the last two I really feel as though the PP has gotten chances. Finishing has been the bigger issue IMO.

CloakroomCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 04:08 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post

37 straight kills by the Wings heading into today's game. That is absolutely amazing. We've gotten good looks the past two games, but Howard has been up to the challenge for the most part.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 04:19 PM
AEM6729

Does anyone wish Trotz would roll 4 lines a little more? I thought that with our increased depth this year that would be a big advantage, but it seems like he only uses 2 lines and then puts the bottom 6 out there only occasionally. Today it looks like he let the other lines play slightly more...but still, we have enough talent and grit on our team to have the 4th line play more than 5 minutes.

Why did Hornqvist only play 9:39? That's his lowest total of the series. I know he hasn't gotten on the score sheet, but his line has been one of the hardest to play against IMO.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 04:41 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Does anyone wish Trotz would roll 4 lines a little more? I thought that with our increased depth this year that would be a big advantage, but it seems like he only uses 2 lines and then puts the bottom 6 out there only occasionally. Today it looks like he let the other lines play slightly more...but still, we have enough talent and grit on our team to have the 4th line play more than 5 minutes.

Why did Hornqvist only play 9:39? That's his lowest total of the series. I know he hasn't gotten on the score sheet, but his line has been one of the hardest to play against IMO.

Benches always shorten in the post season. Third defensive pairings start seeing under ten minutes (Ellis with under 8 today) and the 4th line is used simply to rest the top 2 or 3 lines for a few seconds. Weber and Klein combined for 50 mins ... Suter and Josi for 47 mins ... Both Fisher and Legwand saw over 19:30 .... the playoffs are when your big boys play big minutes.

Old
04-15-2012, 04:47 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Benches always shorten in the post season. Third defensive pairings start seeing under ten minutes (Ellis with under 8 today) and the 4th line is used simply to rest the top 2 or 3 lines for a few seconds. Weber and Klein combined for 50 mins ... Suter and Josi for 47 mins ... Both Fisher and Legwand saw over 19:30 .... the playoffs are when your big boys play big minutes.
I just wonder if using a line like Spaling's to play more shutdown minutes would free up a line like Fisher's to score some more, instead of trying to match our top lines with theirs.

We were looking pretty tired towards the end of the game today, and our team is full of defensively responsible players. Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be more effective to spread the TOI around a little bit so everyone can stay more fresh.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 04:56 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
I just wonder if using a line like Spaling's to play more shutdown minutes would free up a line like Fisher's to score some more, instead of trying to match our top lines with theirs.

We were looking pretty tired towards the end of the game today, and our team is full of defensively responsible players. Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be more effective to spread the TOI around a little bit so everyone can stay more fresh.
Won't happen. We're not going to risk Bourque and Hornqvist against the Wings top six any more than we absolutely need to. The top 6 groups will punch and counterpunch each other all series long.

Old
04-15-2012, 05:03 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Won't happen. We're not going to risk Bourque and Hornqvist against the Wings top six any more than we absolutely need to. The top 6 groups will punch and counterpunch each other all series long.
sure will. hopefully they step up the offense a bit.

but all things considered, we have to be happy up 2-1 .. im really happy

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 06:53 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
sure will. hopefully they step up the offense a bit.

but all things considered, we have to be happy up 2-1 .. im really happy
I too am happy. Winning in Detroit isn't easy. It gives both sets of fans something to think about!

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Going into today's game, I wanted us to split 1-1 in the Joe, leaving us a best of of three with 2 at home. Now, that is the worst case scenario. Feels good

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 10:57 PM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfan84 View Post
I've come to realize Wings fans in this thread are more civil and levelheaded than the ones on the main board
....probably because if the act up here they get infracted for trolling... but on the main board its open season..

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:14 AM
RonFournier

I freaking love the Predators, being a habs fan I'm a big Kostitsyns and Bouillon fan but the whole team is just amazing. Tootoo is a bad mofo, Weber is a defensive machine and Rinne is the best goaltender in the world right now. I picked them as the Cup winners this year.

GO PREDS!!

RonFournier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:45 AM
predwings

A very accurate depiction of my reaction to our 2nd goal today.

18682333.jpg

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 07:35 AM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
A very accurate depiction of my reaction to our 2nd goal today.

Attachment 55353

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 09:35 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Great job on another win last night Preds. The team can (and I suspect will once again) win in Detroit. The Wings are a good team but beatable on any ice surface and while the Preds look like they are respecting Detroit's ability, they don't look intimidated by their past, their present or anything else about them. The series is far from over but the Preds are in a good position and know what they have to do to win. The only surprises that may crop up are if injuries occur to key personel or if someone like Datsyuk plays at his very best.

I've updated the wallpaper I posted last time with the latest win and also tried my hand at another one (both in 1920x1080) so if anyone wants either, please help yourselves. Hopefully the 2nd one strikes the right chord with the Preds fanbase
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Preds-nation-1920x1080.jpg‎ (397.5 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by Qui Gon Dave: 04-17-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 09:38 AM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Thanks again.

ffwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:46 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Cooper says Gill was able to practice and Trotzy did some line shuffling.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Cooper says Gill was able to practice and Trotzy did some line shuffling.
S. Kostitsyn Fisher Erat
A. Kostitsyn Spaling Radulov
Bourque Gaustad Hornqvist
Halischuk Legwand Yip
Tootoo-Smith-Wilson

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:30 PM
Everlong
-

Got back from Detroit last night. There were a few Preds fan sprinkled in the stands, but we still managed to make some noise. So happy to see Sk break out with a beautiful goal. I've been concerned about his post season performance, basing that primarily on last year, but he seems to be finding another gear. I met up with a few random Preds fans by the concessions, they were going out drinking afterwards, unfortunately I have work today so I couldn't really celebrate. All in all, a good time. Wings fans were pretty respectful. Didn't risk pissing people off by bringing a train whistle. Got a lot of boos obviously when I jumped up to celebrate but not much more than that. So far the team is 2-1 when playing in detroit when I'm there .

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

DETROIT In an updated note, Hal Gill has exited practice and is no longer on the ice with the Predators. He skated for about 20 minutes or so.

That sucks. Gill still not close to returning.

So now the question is, Ellis or Hillen for game 4?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote