HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Cory Conacher named AHL MVP/Another record for the Ads

Old
04-13-2012, 01:09 PM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Butchered
Cory Conacher named AHL MVP/Another record for the Ads

Cory Conacher is the overall MVP in the AHL this year. Not only did the Ads set the records for most wins in a row, they also become the first AHL squad in history to have Outstanding Coach (Cooper), Defenseman (Barberio), Rookie AND MVP (Conacher).

Really an amazing season. It's pretty staggering when you really lay out everything they've been able to do this season.

Butchered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:47 PM
fordaith

I think it's awesome that Cory received top Rookie honors as well as league MVP. There is no question this kid will be wearing a Lightning uniform next year. He reminds me a lot of St. Louis, size, skill, oh, and the fact that he was undrafted.

fordaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 06:41 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordaith View Post
I think it's awesome that Cory received top Rookie honors as well as league MVP. There is no question this kid will be wearing a Lightning uniform next year. He reminds me a lot of St. Louis, size, skill, oh, and the fact that he was undrafted.
He is a late bloomer. He scored some points for the other Admirals, then disappeared in the playoffs.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:04 PM
hb11xchamps

I'm actually really surprised this didnt go to Chris Bourque. His production was high even when Aucoin was summoned to Washington for the rest of the year and Bourque led the league in points

hb11xchamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 09:14 AM
RWatson29

I grew up with Cory and his brother Shane in Burlington. Went to school with 3/4 Conacher kids. Shane is going to Canisus next year to play.

RWatson29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 01:04 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb11xchamps View Post
I'm actually really surprised this didnt go to Chris Bourque. His production was high even when Aucoin was summoned to Washington for the rest of the year and Bourque led the league in points
"The winning streak" was probably a big factor, because before that Norfolk wasnt having such a greeat season.

Kudos to them. You never know whats going to happen but if TB ulls out it seems like they might e fighting the rumor monger on if they stay or not(meaning the Norfolk Admirals existence)

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote